Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Rest in piece Dan Rorschachio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I heard his girlfriend accidentally shot him when he got her to hold a gun so he could draw what it looked like

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
I remember when it was that easy to dominate a division. I get what I want (have the NFC west be competitive) and now I can't take it back :smith:

I think it says something about the team when even my husband couldn't recognize the team I was referencing.

Throwback - Atlanta Falcons

Oh Febreeze could you please add my crappy banner to the OP? Thank you!

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Done! ^

sweet thursday posted:

I heard his girlfriend accidentally shot him when he got her to hold a gun so he could draw what it looked like

Hahahaahah

Borsch can have his opinion. Although he's being a dick I would agree that my strengths in the comic aren't in my technical abilities. My anatomy is bad, my line work is basic, the colors vary on good to terrible. I have some bad habits in other areas. It's leagues from perfect. I'm not winning any drawing awards. I've improved but not as fast as I would like to.

As long as I can get the proper expression and feeling to come across in the doodles that's what matters to me. You can tell RG3 is excited, you can tell the dancers are having a good time. That's what's important to the joke, not that I drew his nose wrong. I can do most of the stuff better if I put more time into it, but why put so much effort into a joke that stupid? I'm already embellishing the thing past where it needs to be. Hell, I've had a ton of people ask me if I'm going to make more of those quick and easy game time comics, and by all accounts the art in those is terrible. The art is secondary in what I'm trying to do. I wish I was better, I want to be better, but it's a slow improvement that doesn't always show, especially when I'm stretched for time.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Apr 27, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Your artwork looks like a bunch of cartoons, frankly. :colbert:

More seriously, your artwork is perfect for what you're trying to do - tell jokes. Finer art would be a distraction from the joke and detract from the comedy value.

Keep doing what you're doing. It's terrific.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

There's p cheap solutions if you don't have that. Things like this work fine.

Yeah ok hellraiser.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

effectual posted:

Yeah ok hellraiser.

You can use egg cartons if you are cheap and also afraid of stabbing yourself on the pointy foam

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Febreeze posted:

Done! ^

Hahahaahah

Borsch can have his opinion. Although he's being a dick I would agree that my strengths in the comic aren't in my technical abilities. My anatomy is bad, my line work is basic, the colors vary on good to terrible. I have some bad habits in other areas. It's leagues from perfect. I'm not winning any drawing awards. I've improved but not as fast as I would like to.

As long as I can get the proper expression and feeling to come across in the doodles that's what matters to me. You can tell RG3 is excited, you can tell the dancers are having a good time. That's what's important to the joke, not that I drew his nose wrong. I can do most of the stuff better if I put more time into it, but why put so much effort into a joke that stupid? I'm already embellishing the thing past where it needs to be. Hell, I've had a ton of people ask me if I'm going to make more of those quick and easy game time comics, and by all accounts the art in those is terrible. The art is secondary in what I'm trying to do. I wish I was better, I want to be better, but it's a slow improvement that doesn't always show, especially when I'm stretched for time.

"Dying is easy, comedy is hard"

I can do the technical stuff but doing something I'm confident is funny is hard for me. This one is as probably on topic a drawing as I've done and it's a few years old.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
[Intro]
Aaron Rodgers, real name no gimmicks...

Two Packers WRs go 'round the outside, 'round the outside, 'round the outside

Two Packers WRs go 'round the outside, 'round the outside, 'round the outside

Guess who's back
Back again
Aaron's back
Tell a friend
Guess who's back
Guess who's back
Guess who's back
Guess who's back
Guess who's back

I will complete this later

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
um good luck because the first rhyme is em's first name sooooo

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

Ahahahaha nice, that's rad. Febreeze you're good too, heck look how Gary Larson drew people. They all look like blobs with pickle noses

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Febreeze posted:

Done! ^

Hahahaahah

I feel that I was not as sexy as I should've been in my comic. :colbert:

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Revisiting the defunct NFL teams, but using a new Photoshop template made from a picture of Doug Martin.

(click for big.)

If anyone wants to play with the template, it's here: http://darth-brooks.deviantart.com/art/Doug-Martin-Template-450283476

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Darth Brooks posted:

Revisiting the defunct NFL teams, but using a new Photoshop template made from a picture of Doug Martin.

(click for big.)

If anyone wants to play with the template, it's here: http://darth-brooks.deviantart.com/art/Doug-Martin-Template-450283476

Fuckin fantasic

Those alternate Canton unis with the stripe across the middle is a concept I would love to see the NFL actually try. Bring back some of the rugby look.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid

Febreeze posted:

Fuckin fantasic

Those alternate Canton unis with the stripe across the middle is a concept I would love to see the NFL actually try. Bring back some of the rugby look.

Northwestern does something kinda like that with the Northwestern stripe.

Borsch
Nov 5, 2013

by Ralp

Febreeze posted:

I can do most of the stuff better if I put more time into it, but why put so much effort into a joke that stupid?

Why even draw it if you think the joke is that bad.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Borsch posted:

Adhering to a schedule is more rewarding and has more benefits than slaving away at a concept to be delivered indeterminately. Especially for someone making gags as a hobby.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gerund posted:

Adhering to a schedule is more rewarding and has more benefits than slaving away at a concept to be delivered indeterminately. Especially for someone making gags as a hobby.

Almost like it's for Febreeze's benefit and if you don't like it... (spoilers)

nobody is forcing you to look at it

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!

Borsch posted:

Stupid != Bad

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Borsch posted:

Ey yo I don't really appreciate the negative vibe you are bringing to this thread but to each his own I guess

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
I won't look at a comic strip unless it's Renoir-level art, so sorry, too bad for you, Febreeze.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Borsch, ur burns would be better if they were funnier than the jokes you were impugning. Thanks for playing though.

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

Borsch posted:

Geez it's almost as if doing A Thing You Care About is more important than technical skill. How 'bout that

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'll go out on a limb and say maybe the guy with a pony doll av is just trolling.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'd be okay with trolling if the posts were actually funny

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I hear Febreeze also hides 'artistic talent' somewhere in every comic he uploads.

No one has ever found it.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I heard that the scene in Febreeze and his girlfriend's bed is like the Giants in the middle 20th century: both of the principles are bitter assholes waiting for the other one to die.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I heard Febreeze once compliment the Timbers on their prowess at real football.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

I hear that Febreeze used his mother as a model when he made the draft picture of Geno Smith.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Well speaking of trolls, I whipped up something after watching Let It Go - Sexy Rexy Edition about a bajillion times.

Poor Unfortunate Trolls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AaLdP8Kd_8

Pete Carroll:
The only way to get what you want is to become insufferable yourself

12s:
Can you do that?

Pete Carroll:
My dear sweet 12s, its what I live for!
To help unfortunate fandoms like yourself
Poor trolls with no one else to turn to

I admit that in the past I've been a nasty
They weren't kidding when they called me well a cheat
But you'll find that nowadays
I've mended all my ways
Repented, seen the light, a clean new Pete
who just wins
And I fortunately know a little coaching
It's a talent that I always have possesed
And dear fandom please don't laugh
We'll blow them out by the half
To cheer up the miserable, the lonely, and depressed (Seattle!)

Poor unfortunate trolls
Those 12s, in need
This one longing for a winner
This one wants a trophy to hold
And I will help them
Always compete!
Those poor unfortunate trolls
So sad, college blue
They come flocking to my stadium
Crying “Rings, Pete Carroll, please!”
And I help them!
Yes I do!

Now it's happened once or twice.
Some player couldn't drop their vice
And I'm afraid I've had to drop them like a Romo botched field goal
Yes I've had the odd losing taint
But wasn't it fun to gently caress the Saints?
For all those poor unfortunate trolls!

Now here's the deal. I will draft a random assortment of junk that make us Champions after three years
Got that? Three years.
Now listen, this is important.
During those three seasons you and the rest of the 12s must harp on how DVOA loves us and furiously attack anybody who has any criticisms of our players ever
That is, you've got to be insufferable
Not just any obnoxious
The smug of True Seattledom.
If my defense goes berserk, and makes every QB play like Blaine Gabbert, you'll become smug fans of Champions permanently!
But if my guys poo poo the bed, you'll turn back into depressed losers
And I'll leave in a cloud of PEDs

Browns and Lions Fans:
Noooooo Seattle Fans, stay lovable like us!

Pete Carroll:
Have we got a deal?

12s:
If we become insufferable, won't we become the lovely bandwagon team we used to hate?

Pete Carroll:
That's right!
But!
You'll be able to say kiss the Ring!
Life's full of tough choices in it!
Oh!
And there is one more thing. We haven't discussed my roster!
You can't win games with just anybody!

12s:
Uhhhh who are you drafting in the 1st ?

Pete Carroll:
There are some great young players
And as for QB you'll have to trust my choice

12s:
... your choice?

Pete Carroll:
Don't worry about it.
I'll sign a free agent, draft a back up in the 3rd.
Then start him

12s:
Wait, starting a 3rd round pick after spending money on a free agent...

Pete Carroll:
You'll have Percy Harvin (sometimes)!
And Marshawn Lynch!
And don't underestimate the physicality of our cornerbackers! HA!
No team can win a game without a little holding
It's fine as long as it's not against our receiving corps!
Yeah in my playbook it's much preferred for dbacks to lay hits like a hunting bird
I mean aren't you tired of getting run over by Frank Gore?

Come on its not like other fans wouldn't love it
Any coach would praise a player that turns brains to spam!
Fans would stomp, and cheer and scream
For a hit that would dent a beam
Crossing patterns would be sat on by Killer Kam,

Come on you poor unfortunate trolls!
Go ahead!
Raise your voice!
I'm a very cheerful coach but I haven't got all day
It won't feel so bad
Trust my choice!
You poor unfortunate trolls
No cans, just microbrews
If you want to beat Niners, an compete
You've got to play a role
Take a gulp and take a breath
It won't leave too black a mark on the soul
John and Paul, now I've got em boys
Take a long toke on your hash bowl!
These poor unfortunate trolls!

Truth about 911 would be heaven
Just answer some quick questions from me!
A Zionist plot!
Steel can't melt when that hot!
No I didn't know he took PED!

Now chant.

12s:
Seahawks
Seeahawks
Seahawks Seahawk Seeahawks

Pete Carroll:
Keep chanting!
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Jim Harbaugh:
Why am I suddenly angry? I mean, more than usual.

Michael Crabtree:
Don't worry about it coach, I'm sure it's nothing.

Its Rinaldo fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Apr 28, 2014

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Without importing any subforum drama

Yeah, ignore Borsch

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Gerund posted:

I hear that Febreeze used his mother as a model when he made the draft picture of Geno Smith.

Nah I used her for Richie Incognito.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Your mom is a fat racist?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Chilichimp posted:

Your mom is a fat racist?

Who's mom isn't?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Who's mom isn't?

Mother ZenVulgarity is a saint.

:colbert:

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Who's mom isn't?

Hey my mom isn't fat :colbert:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Whenever my mom sees a picture of me with a white girl on Facebook she'll call me and ask "IS THIS THE TYPE OF GIRL YOU WANT TO MARRY"

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Jay Cutler posted:

Ahahahaha nice, that's rad. Febreeze you're good too, heck look how Gary Larson drew people. They all look like blobs with pickle noses
Now that you said that, it would be great if someone started a football strip done in Larson's style.

Barehanded Brother
Feb 12, 2007

When you have a Hammer, everything looks like a nail.

Bad Moon posted:

Well speaking of trolls, I whipped up something after watching Let It Go - Sexy Rexy Edition about a bajillion times.

Poor Unfortunate Trolls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AaLdP8Kd_8

This rules so much. So so much. All my Seahawk fan friends will see this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Chris Gaines posted:

Whenever my mom sees a picture of me with a white girl on Facebook she'll call me and ask "IS THIS THE TYPE OF GIRL YOU WANT TO MARRY"

white girls own

• Locked thread