Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Help Im Alive posted:

What happens if you try to be a woman on grindr

If you live in a big city, women pop up once in a while. They genuinely use it to look for male gay friends/gay guys looking for fag hags.

At best it's annoying because the free app only has a limited number of guys who can show up at one time, so having girls take up 2 or 3 spots when those 2 or 3 spots that could potentially be used by Mr. Right.

At worst, it's dehumanizing because it implies that gay guys can/enjoy being treated like an accessory by straight girls.

Tipps fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Apr 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax
Fag hags basically see gay men as court jesters. hth

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Tipps posted:

If you live in a big city, women pop up once in a while. They genuinely use it to look for male gay friends/gay guys looking for fag hags.

At best it's annoying because the free app only has a limited number of guys who can show up at one time, so having girls take up 2 or 3 spots are those 2 or 3 spots that could potentially be used by Mr. Right.

At worst, it's dehumanizing because it implies that gay guys can/enjoy being treated like an accessory by straight girls.

are you really going to meet mr. right on the sex app

also what is a fag hag

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

Chump Farts posted:

also what is a fag hag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYLdM8wXkzM

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Chump Farts posted:

Many people I know actually have, a huge percentage of gay dudes have a grindr acct or have had one at some point even if they don't hook up, so it's an easy way to meet people.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Fireless Phoenix posted:

Fag hags basically see gay men as court jesters. hth

its funny because fag hags are sad clowns

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
That bear and daddy look much older than 27 and 39

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Chump Farts posted:

also what is a fag hag

personal stylist/non threatening source of male attention.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
"A dagger of bone flies from the blackness and strikes the statue, square. It cracks slightly, but the pain you feel is as though you were rent asunder. You were made as you are, taunts the voice, and you can also be broken. You fall backward into the void, and do not come to rest until morning wakes you."

You will learn
| /
|/

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Chump Farts posted:

also what is a fag hag

I was being sarcastic, but tbf a decent amount of guys use grindr for dating because it's quicker and easier than the usual online dating sites, and you can just be up-front about sex which, when you're dealing with two guys, is naturally something that is going to come up quickly anyways and be a big part of the relationship.

On OKCupid and whatnot, the odds of running into a demisexual chaste neuroatypical INTJ asperg type are much higher than on grindr, where most guys are normal and just dtf on the first date and, if you had a good time, you keep dating.

But obviously, the potential for craziness on grindr goes the other way too, see DirtyOldBtmMan or the racist cock-desperate asian twink examples in this thread.

fag hags are basically a redpiller's friendzone nightmare, only with more gay and less fedora.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

Tipps posted:

On OKCupid and whatnot, the odds of running into a demisexual chaste neuroatypical INTJ asperg type are much higher than on grindr, where most guys are normal and just dtf on the first date and, if you had a good time, you keep dating.

lol gotcha

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i dont care about all this stuff but someone tell me why so many gay people hate asians

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Could someone please move this back to the Let's Play forum

dumpster17
Mar 16, 2013

Davincie posted:

i dont care about all this stuff but someone tell me why so many gay people hate asians

Yeah, is this like hookers and black men?

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Davincie posted:

afaict gay asians have a tendency to be stereotyped as effeminate bottoms - which the typical "bi masc discrete jock" type (which admittedly is like 50-70% of grindr, depending where you are) finds unattractive.

I've also often heard complaints about them being very obsessive and clingy, particularly when a white guy is involved, and especially if said white guy has money. This is probably a Vancouver thing though. When I briefly dated a Chinese guy a few years ago, my gay uncle immediately told me to watch out and make sure he wasn't just in it for the money/citizenship. :goleft:

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I date an asian and they are pretty great leave them alone

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
grindr is gay privilege in action and frankly it needs to stop

Stoic Commie
Aug 29, 2005

by XyloJW

Stoat posted:

what's she ridin on bro? firm? extra firm? polyester? down? mmm

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbgVFy41reM

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
Everybody hates Asian men get women included.

Fireless Phoenix
May 4, 2012

by Lowtax

Davincie posted:

The white male is the highest on the totem pole as far as standards of beauty go in the gay world and gay men typically are very hung up on physical type. (I could play armchair psychologist and go into why but i'm not gonna.) So take these two facts and take the average Asian male - they're so removed from the ideal that they simply aren't attractive to close-minded gay guys. And we're not even gonna talk about the cultural divide.

FWIW I think a hot Asian guy is hot. However, I'm a coloured so the usual treatment white gay guys shower on gay Asians, gay Asians shower onto me for the most part. also in MY opinion, hot Asians tend to settle for average white guys. but i'm willing to concede that that is me being bitter :mrgw:

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

Fireless Phoenix posted:

The white male is the highest on the totem pole as far as standards of beauty go in the gay world and gay men typically are very hung up on physical type. (I could play armchair psychologist and go into why but i'm not gonna.) So take these two facts and take the average Asian male - they're so removed from the ideal that they simply aren't attractive to close-minded gay guys. And we're not even gonna talk about the cultural divide.

FWIW I think a hot Asian guy is hot. However, I'm a coloured so the usual treatment white gay guys shower on gay Asians, gay Asians shower onto me for the most part. also in MY opinion, hot Asians tend to settle for average white guys. but i'm willing to concede that that is me being bitter :mrgw:

So was Fireless Phoenix your first choice for a forums handle?

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Stoat posted:

I've been with my very lovely Filipino boyfriend for 3 years now. I am a white gay dude who has a weakness fit Asian dudes, so I'm not passing judgement in the slightest. It's also why I wanted bigger pics of that guy on the last page. :haw:

Granted, on more than one occasion I've been brought to a Filipino gathering purely because bf wanted to show off that he could get a white boyfriend. :v:

Dr. Snuggles
Dec 3, 2012

Tbh some of us (Pick) use this website more than others and I feel that I am unfairly subsidizing picks posting. Unless some kind of fee by post usage is enabled were basically instituting a forced welfare state of posting.
So are Filipinos OK with the gay thing?

Or is it like pro you got a white partner con you're gay (just in the traditional sense) so it balances out.

As a Chinese we still call them 'happy boys' and console the parents afterwards. But that's only the old gen, ABCs are all pro do whatever you want.

Also most of us date white people, idgi I have a Indian gf.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Tim Burtons Rug posted:

No responses yet

Message him, hey.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Have you hosed that one guy yet?

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

I've always wondered if the people who fill their profile with pokemon references get any action, but never want to ask them lest they think I'm actually interested.

OP, after you've gotten some more experience, fill a profile with pokemon jokes, see how it does.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

trip report: just beat the last boss, its hard but if you really warm up for 30 mins before and apply a lot of lube its manageable. now onto the post game content (scruff)

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Should've hosed Dylan op

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Should've hosed Dylan op

Trip Larsen
Oct 4, 2006

My great-grandfather started Larsen Pork Products with little more than three pigs and a killing hammer. Today, I'm proud to say, we kill more pigs than pig hepatitis.
Dylan is the only fish in the sea as far as I'm concerned.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
dylan is love, dylan is life

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Should've hosed Dylan op

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp

Tipps posted:

I was being sarcastic, but tbf a decent amount of guys use grindr for dating because it's quicker and easier than the usual online dating sites, and you can just be up-front about sex which, when you're dealing with two guys, is naturally something that is going to come up quickly anyways and be a big part of the relationship.

But obviously, the potential for craziness on grindr goes the other way too, see DirtyOldBtmMan or the racist cock-desperate asian twink examples in this thread.

fag hags are basically a redpiller's friendzone nightmare, only with more gay and less fedora.

you can't be neurotypical and have a aspergar's. idiot.

poopinmymouth
Mar 2, 2005

PROUD 2 B AMERICAN (these colors don't run)

Darkman Fanpage posted:

its funny because fag hags are sad clowns

lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Tipps posted:

When dealing with grindr, just being white in most places gives you an automatic +10 to Desireability that then gets offset mainly by how fat you are. If you are a fit white guy, you can pretty much get any guy you want

This is especially true when you account for lowered standards and desperate closeted guys who just want to give you a bj behind the 7/11.

Want to give you a blowjob? Really, that's a thing? They want to slobber of a stinky ol' dilz until goo comes out, and then they go home happy? "No, no need to touch my dick in return, I'm happy that you're happy."

A Touch of Satan
Apr 6, 2009

Angela Christine posted:

Want to give you a blowjob? Really, that's a thing? They want to slobber of a stinky ol' dilz until goo comes out, and then they go home happy? "No, no need to touch my dick in return, I'm happy that you're happy."

I think you underestimate how much gay dudes love the D.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
grindr is pretty great because it pretty much shatters the idea that gay men are somehow more refined and less horny than straight ones. a dude is a dude whether hes putting his dilz in a hole that poops babies or a hole that poops poop

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Angela Christine posted:

gay dudes like to suck cock the way dogs like to roll in things. pure inexplicable bliss and a sense of oneness with the universe that you'll never be able to relate to.

idk what the straight equivalent is. sucking titty, maybe? try to think of a dick as a six inch titty with balls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cubone posted:

gay dudes like to suck cock the way dogs like to roll in things. pure inexplicable bliss and a sense of oneness with the universe that you'll never be able to relate to.

idk what the straight equivalent is. sucking titty, maybe? try to think of a dick as a six inch titty with balls

ive done both and tbh sucking dick is a lot more exciting than licking vagina. im also literally gay as hell tho so YMMV

• Locked thread