Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The Farthouse updated, so this should too...

Welcome to the 2013 2014 .gif thread! (OP shamlessly copied from .gif 2012 2013 thread, which was shamelessly copied from the 2011 2012 thread which was shamelessly copied from the 2010 2011 thread which was shamelessly copied from the 2010 thread which was not shamelessly copied from the 2009 version, but who cares you are here to see .gifs)

To give credit where its due, I got most of the OP and info from Mr. Opus's 2011 OP.

.gif 2009: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3200939
.gif 2010: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3339682
.gif 2011: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3428458
.gif 2012: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3491957
.gif 2013: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563986

Post your gifs from the 2014 football season (NFL, CFL, UFL, College, Arena, Australian, whatever.)

If you post a .gif made by another forum user, please try to give credit.

Do you want to learn how to make gifs? We are there for you. Check out this awesome TVIV post (Archives needed).
Don't have ImageReady or Photoshop? Well, we have quite a few gifmakers right here in TFF. I'm sure they'd be happy to part with some of their knowledge, tips, and tricks. You should ask them!

Also, the goon created gifcam works too. And if you are too lazy to do that, I suggest following deadspin or SBNation on twitter because they post all kinds of stuff instantly.

Would you like to see some awesome football moment memorialized for all eternity in .gif format? You're in luck! You can make a request in this very thread. We only ask that you help us out by trying to locate a video of it.

Check these resources for starters:
http://www.youtube.com/
http://www.nfl.com/videos

You may also try checking the weekly gameday threads. There may be someone that can gif your request if they are watching that particular game.

If you have any other resources, please post them I will update the OP, which as you can tell is going on 5 years old.

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

You said something about a competition?

Yes! I did, sort of. Everyone already knows that SAS.gif is yankeesfans.gif, but what is TFF.gif? Lots of competitors and good answers. Dolphinsdraft.gif is pretty memorable. However, we are going to have .gif of the year! Nominate any .gif that took place in any leagues (college, NFL, CFL etc.) 2013 season to be the TFF .gif of the year. It doesn't need to be game related either, jsut have happened during the season. The nominees can range from impressive feats of Shady juking people left and right, or hilarity of fan reactions. I suggest looking through the 2013 .gif thread for ideas if you have none. Once I get a certain number of nominees and seconds, they will be seeded and we will have a March Madness style competition because dammit the draft is still loving far away. So nominate your best choices for TFF2013.gif!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My nomination:

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'm glad you made it explicitly TFF2013 because if it was all time there will never be a gif better than jagsfan.gif, except maybe Brandon Marshall at the water cooler.

Here is my nomination

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Febreeze posted:

I'm glad you made it explicitly TFF2013 because if it was all time there will never be a gif better than jagsfan.gif, except maybe Brandon Marshall at the water cooler.

Here is my nomination

Edit, poo poo, that wasn't 2013, i'll be right back

I thought about all time, but there would be so many nominations. 2013 does make it a bit easier.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
My nomination:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

whypick1 posted:

My nomination:

Technically that was the 2012 season. I worded the rules specifically to include things from the college and NFL post-seasons, which technically take place in 2014.

edit: My nominees.

Please remember you can second, third, etc. a nominee. That way we have a good way to determine seeding.

(A successful punt pass!)

I'll get Ehud's nominee out of the way:

And my frontrunner for TFF2013.gif:

swickles fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 23, 2014

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't know about any competitions but T Rex LSU guy is pretty awesome. Bonus Les Miles looking like he doesn't quite know how clapping works.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

swickles posted:

Technically that was the 2012 season. I worded the rules specifically to include things from the college and NFL post-seasons, which technically take place in 2014.

poo poo, could've sworn that was last season, my bad.

Still worth seeing again.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Since we're all a bunch of friendless nerds who have never gotten a high five in our lives I nominate

as TFF2013.gif

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

My nomination perfectly depicts just how futile football, and indeed life, are, and how sometimes the best reaction is a nonverbal reaction. It represented simultaneously the best and worst of the season. TFF2013.gif is

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
buttfumble.gif and tebowgetscreamedbyapatrioteventually.gif are from 2012, aren't they? :(

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, sorry dude. Also, this may not be TFF.gif, but it is Cutler.gif:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

swickles posted:

nah, this is specifically wheez.gif

My nominee for TFF2013.gif

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'll go ahead and second WSU popcorn guy, even though that is kind of wheez.gif.

This was my favorite play from 2013:

e: I'm not sure who has more reason to be offended by me accidentally typing WVU instead of WSU

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Apr 23, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I nominate this for Rivers gif more than TFFgif2013

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

swickles posted:

thats me unironically

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Can someone please post Matt_Moore_RIP.gif? I want to save it so I can pull it up and smile whenever I want.

albear
Jun 7, 2001

the doctor will see you now..

And I don't remember if this is from 2013 or not:

albear fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 23, 2014

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

The Mortified Punter will always be TFF.gif in my heart

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

GNU Order posted:

Absolutely and always

EDIT: I remember back in the day someone found a bunch of gifs of blatantly illegal hits from the Steelers and each one ended with STEELERSDEPOT.COM . Gendo made a bunch of parody ones with the challenger and hindenberg and poo poo. If someone still has them that would be awesome.

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Apr 23, 2014

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

GNU Order posted:

I agree.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Anyone have the one of Megatron with the snow-filled helmet? That was pretty good.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
By request(s)

And for TFF2013, I'll just throw in Winkie's Wes Welker stares...

Also worth consideration, Scott Tolzien's Pennington-esq run (Also by Winkie, I think)

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Apr 23, 2014

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

OK, here's one that's actually from the 2013 season:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

TFF.gif still has to be sadbrownsfan

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Arctic Baldwin posted:

TFF.gif still has to be sadbrownsfan

Also, one of my favorites of 2013 was the Dolphins FG holder getting hit in the face with the snap.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
I nominate Matt Bosher (P), he speared some assistant coach for the jets after horse-collaring the punt returner.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Does anyone have Patterson doing this with the ref who denies him at first, then eventually gives a high five?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Cordarrelle had many gifable moments

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
drat, that kid is fast. I haven't seen someone explode through the 2nd level like that since... AD.

Those two are on the same loving team :stare:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He's great but that gif might be misleading. By the fourth quarter the turf was in a state that lent itself to offense just a little.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1dSr0I4KP8

The Puppy Bowl fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 24, 2014

MikeRabsitch
Aug 23, 2004

Show us what you got, what you got

I'll have to go with this, as a metaphor of the Lions getting the division handed to them and then fumbling it away in hilarious fashion

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I nominate this for best gif/play of 2013.

Right up there with Stafford's trick clock stoppage for my favorite play of the season.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

This is the play that had everyone thinking Terrelle Pryor was the man. It hasn't even been a year and he's been dealt for a 7th round pick.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

GNU Order posted:

The context for this gif just makes it more hilarious. This was the kid's first punt in college, and right before the snap, the announcers quote him as saying "I'm pretty good in the clutch".

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.
These aren't nominees, I just wanted to post Alshon Jeffery gifs.

This is a nominee though.

• Locked thread