Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I can't get enough of this wonderful stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
When does this magical show air?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

soggybagel posted:

Sports Science is not watched

It is summoned

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

soggybagel posted:

It's not really a show, just a skit they stick in Sportscenter and NFL Sunday and the like to kill time. Just 5-10 minutes of the most gloriously dumb content possible.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Kalli posted:

I'm starting to think Sports Science is my jam

The latter two (nut kick and Ray Lewis running through the door) I've seen, but what are these two? Who did they recreate the buttfumble with?

e: VVV Haha, that's awesome. I have to watch those.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 21, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fenrir posted:

The latter two (nut kick and Ray Lewis running through the door) I've seen, but what are these two? Who did they recreate the buttfumble with?

Buttfumble is from when they retired the play from their Friday Not Top 10 after a year and honored it with a Sports Science. It's 3 minutes of the host running into the wired up rear end of some random extra a dozen times to measure the force of the collision. (Result: less force then an American Gladiator's leg to your dick).

The second is Vernon Davis dragging the host and some other dude. First they had him do that with just the host and then they decided to see if he could get enough force to move like a Kris Jenkins sized dude and so they used two guys!

The ref one is also the host and the latest one is Peyton Hillis.

Badfinger
Dec 16, 2004

Timeouts?!

We'll take care of that.
ESPN would be a lot better if much, much more of their stupid bullshit was actually in some way related to sports like this.

It used to be this way. :911:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kalli posted:

Buttfumble is from when they retired the play from their Friday Not Top 10 after a year and honored it with a Sports Science. It's 3 minutes of the host running into the wired up rear end of some random extra a dozen times to measure the force of the collision. (Result: less force then an American Gladiator's leg to your dick).

The second is Vernon Davis dragging the host and some other dude. First they had him do that with just the host and then they decided to see if he could get enough force to move like a Kris Jenkins sized dude and so they used two guys!

The ref one is also the host and the latest one is Peyton Hillis.

That last gif with Hillis pulling the truck, did you edit the logo popping up in any way or is it really that hilariously edited

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Alouicious posted:

That last gif with Hillis pulling the truck, did you edit the logo popping up in any way or is it really that hilariously edited

Yeah, I added that from the segment intro.

I have to edit all of the footage a bit because they make a billion jump cuts constantly. The video for the ref shove probably makes a dozen cuts and restarts before he tumbles to the ground.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's how we know that Calvin Johnson can jump across a garage.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Its like if MANswers was awesome

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Providing zero context

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Lady and Gentlemen, your 2013 TFF.gif of the year:

Unedited:

Edited:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
Go Cougs

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Congrats wheez

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

This perspective is loving terrifying :gonk:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf47DQj_2Gg

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

That's what it looks like until you see the massive crevices in his forearms from putting force on the ball and you realize he's just catching it with his fingertips.

VVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 14:30 on May 23, 2014

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
That looks like a badly animated catch from Madden, like he's not actually touching the ball.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Kalli posted:

New one for today:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Posting here for posterity:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

swickles posted:

Posting here for posterity:

Is that real? I looks like a late 90s FMV from a video game.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hockles posted:

Is that real? I looks like a late 90s FMV from a video game.

Yeah, a Bills fan got drunk and decided to start sliding down the railing of the stairs.

He succeeded four times when that happened on the fifth.

He was just given two years in prison for reckless endangerment and assault. Surprisingly, you did not just watch a death.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I definitely remember seeing a different angle of it, but this one just looked off to me.

Interesting that it was attempt #5

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Hockles posted:

I definitely remember seeing a different angle of it, but this one just looked off to me.

Interesting that it was attempt #5

The other angle was from the broadcast of the game where you could just barely seem him falling in the corner of the screen.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

He also got fired from his job and banned for life from the stadium. The guy he landed on suffered back and neck injuries.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Hockles posted:

Its the lack of depth perception. Its looks like he is gonna land higher than he does, so when he keeps falling it fucks with you.

I would love for someone to edit that gif to work like this one

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I would love for someone to edit that gif to work like this one

Out of the first camera view and into the second one in consecutive posts

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its the lack of depth perception. Its looks like he is gonna land higher than he does, so when he keeps falling it fucks with you.

It's more how everything else looks static while he falls. Even though people are moving. It's really weird. Like he is superimposed on there.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Someone stitched them together

http://gfycat.com/HomelyDependableDartfrog

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

I'll be a Bears fan until the end, but Oakland always holds a special place in my heart.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Chilichimp posted:

"The Kick Six" edges out the "Immaculate Deflection" as the greatest play in Auburn football history. Sucks they happened in back to back games. The universe needs to space these crazy coincidences out a little bit... Now auburn and Nick Marshall are going to be over-weighted in the spring rankings.

Speaking of which, has anyone seen that Nick Marshall kid? He's definitely a top 10 pick.

I choose a college team to follow every year (Canadian) and this year it was Auburn. I lost my poo poo as hard as I ever have when that play happened, especially after the ridiculous leadup. I think it's the best ending to a football game I've ever seen ever

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

DJ Fluker vs JJ Watt

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Blitz7x posted:

DJ Fluker vs JJ Watt

It's kind of a disservice to Fluker to frame it like that.

What it should be is:

Rookie tackle (playing in his very first game) and a 2x Probowl fullback vs possibly the greatest defensive linemen of the Modern Era and arguably all time.

That game was also crazy close, so clearly Watt wasn't owning Fluker like a piece of investment real estate the entire game.

edit: I thought Watt was an interior Lineman... Apparently he's labelled as a DE. My bad.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 11, 2014

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Looking at how he's moving, it looks like he's not supposed to engage Watt anyway, just force him outside where the fullback takes him out of the play.

Watt was just way too fast and doesn't take a step outside and steps past him and shoots inside before the fullback can react.

drat fine play.

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Chilichimp posted:

edit: I thought Watt was an interior Lineman... Apparently he's labelled as a DE. My bad.

He's a 3-4 DE, so he's effectively an interior lineman (maybe?) but he also got a lot of snaps at R/LDE in 4-man fronts the last two years when the defense goes into nickle.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Chilichimp posted:

Rookie tackle (playing in his very first game) and a 2x Probowl fullback vs possibly the greatest defensive linemen of the Modern Era and arguably all time.

Okay yeah JJ Watt is great but lets not crown him GOAT yet after just three seasons

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

Febreeze posted:

Okay yeah JJ Watt is great but lets not crown him GOAT yet after just three seasons

Yeah obviously Clowney is the GOAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Febreeze posted:

I mean... the words arguably and possibly... these are concrete terms.

• Locked thread