Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
The Farthouse updated, so this should too...

Welcome to the 2013 2014 .gif thread! (OP shamlessly copied from .gif 2012 2013 thread, which was shamelessly copied from the 2011 2012 thread which was shamelessly copied from the 2010 2011 thread which was shamelessly copied from the 2010 thread which was not shamelessly copied from the 2009 version, but who cares you are here to see .gifs)

To give credit where its due, I got most of the OP and info from Mr. Opus's 2011 OP.

.gif 2009: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3200939
.gif 2010: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3339682
.gif 2011: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3428458
.gif 2012: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3491957
.gif 2013: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3563986

Post your gifs from the 2014 football season (NFL, CFL, UFL, College, Arena, Australian, whatever.)

If you post a .gif made by another forum user, please try to give credit.

Do you want to learn how to make gifs? We are there for you. Check out this awesome TVIV post (Archives needed).
Don't have ImageReady or Photoshop? Well, we have quite a few gifmakers right here in TFF. I'm sure they'd be happy to part with some of their knowledge, tips, and tricks. You should ask them!

Also, the goon created gifcam works too. And if you are too lazy to do that, I suggest following deadspin or SBNation on twitter because they post all kinds of stuff instantly.

Would you like to see some awesome football moment memorialized for all eternity in .gif format? You're in luck! You can make a request in this very thread. We only ask that you help us out by trying to locate a video of it.

Check these resources for starters:
http://www.youtube.com/
http://www.nfl.com/videos

You may also try checking the weekly gameday threads. There may be someone that can gif your request if they are watching that particular game.

If you have any other resources, please post them I will update the OP, which as you can tell is going on 5 years old.

:siren::siren::siren::siren:

You said something about a competition?

Yes! I did, sort of. Everyone already knows that SAS.gif is yankeesfans.gif, but what is TFF.gif? Lots of competitors and good answers. Dolphinsdraft.gif is pretty memorable. However, we are going to have .gif of the year! Nominate any .gif that took place in any leagues (college, NFL, CFL etc.) 2013 season to be the TFF .gif of the year. It doesn't need to be game related either, jsut have happened during the season. The nominees can range from impressive feats of Shady juking people left and right, or hilarity of fan reactions. I suggest looking through the 2013 .gif thread for ideas if you have none. Once I get a certain number of nominees and seconds, they will be seeded and we will have a March Madness style competition because dammit the draft is still loving far away. So nominate your best choices for TFF2013.gif!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Febreeze posted:

I'm glad you made it explicitly TFF2013 because if it was all time there will never be a gif better than jagsfan.gif, except maybe Brandon Marshall at the water cooler.

Here is my nomination

Edit, poo poo, that wasn't 2013, i'll be right back

I thought about all time, but there would be so many nominations. 2013 does make it a bit easier.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

whypick1 posted:

My nomination:

Technically that was the 2012 season. I worded the rules specifically to include things from the college and NFL post-seasons, which technically take place in 2014.

edit: My nominees.

Please remember you can second, third, etc. a nominee. That way we have a good way to determine seeding.

(A successful punt pass!)

I'll get Ehud's nominee out of the way:

And my frontrunner for TFF2013.gif:

swickles fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Apr 23, 2014

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Yeah, sorry dude. Also, this may not be TFF.gif, but it is Cutler.gif:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Throw out your nominees tonight. Tomorrow I plan on making the bracket.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

pfffffffffft posted:

Jared Allen one handed sack. I'd upload it but imgurs being a dick.

Just paste the link then.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Hey y'all, go vote for the best gifs:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3629538

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Voting will be closed in an hour or so when I tally up votes. Don't be too concerned though, if you don't see the results up you might still be able to sneak your vote in while I am tallying. Also I tend to get distracted around the house easily.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

So, what exactly is the context for the last one?

At first I thought it was showing what a FG kicker can do but then I saw the color of the foot and that idea was thrown out.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Lady and Gentlemen, your 2013 TFF.gif of the year:

Unedited:

Edited:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Posting here for posterity:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

They arent going to change the rule and will use player safety as an excuse. Its actually a good excuse too but not the original reason for it. A guy waiting for a ball to go out that isnt will result in him getting hammered if he waits that long.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Suspect Bucket posted:

BTW, I nominate Reynold's helmetless tackle for TFF .gif of the year

I have some bad news for you friend...

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Cross posting from the GDT because this has to make the Gif of the Year tourney next year:

Soothing Vapors gif about Kawalimus.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Cross posting from the PYF meme thread:

Steve Holt! posted:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Preemptive please don't derail the thread with arguments over what is and isn't a penalty posts. Take it to N/V.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This is the best version of the Brown punter kick I can find, but the site is being a dick. I don't want to hotlink, I want to save as and rehost...cocks. Can someone use internet voodoo to get it for me?

http://awegif.com/gif/11689

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Y'all are the best!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Eifert Posting posted:

The illegal motion was on a halfback, unless I'm missing something.

Those "Catch the defense in the huddle" plays are the best. AJ Green's first TD was one.

I don't know the rule off the top of my head, but there is a specific provision in the rule book that says you can't do that.

edit: Here ya go!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Can someone post some .gifs from tonight's South Park, namely Snyder getting repeatedly getting killed by the Cowboys?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Grittybeard posted:

I half defended Geno after not watching most of the game because in theory he has the talent to not be terrible at these things earlier but goddamn...this is not on Rex at all.

Well I guess you could ask him/someone to verify his quarterback wasn't an idiot.

e: poo poo the pitchman is Vick isn't it? Holy poo poo.

Yeah, that just seems like a horribly executed play more than a bad coaching decision.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

This looks like a glitch in a Madden game.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Uhh, so this is a weird thing to say, but the Jags are pretty loving rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

With the season over, everyone start wracking your brains. Its only a short time until we start the process of declaring TFF 2014 .gif of the year!

• Locked thread