Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:siren:STREAM:siren: (starts at 10pm EST)

Axl Rose has been on a downward spiral lately. After releasing Chinese Democracy in 2008 to not-awful reviews, he was riding high on his grand mission to pretend Slash never existed.

His voice was pretty loving awesome in 2009-2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOUqmDBsHbg

But then he took a year off. Apparently he spent that year off eating Doritos and masturbating, because when he came back at Rock in Rio 2011 in front of 50 million live viewers, this is what happened:

The Axl Rose Disaster I

Known for never rehearsing or doing soundchecks, no one needed rehearsal more than Mr. Rose.

A few months later he was invited to perform at Neil Young's annual Bridge School Benefit, where he proceded to forget the words to "Welcome to the Jungle" amid a backdrop of crippled kids:

The Axl Rose Disaster II

Tonight, Axl will be honored at the Golden Gods Awards and perform with the current lineup of Guns N' Roses (including the recently returning Duff McKagan):

quote:

Founded by Revolver Magazine, the world’s premiere hard rock and heavy metal periodical, this year’s Golden Gods Awards will honor legendary Guns N’ Roses singer Axl Rose with the Ronnie James Dio Lifetime Achievement Award and Joan Jett will take her place as the first female recipient of the Golden God Award. Also appearing at this year’s show will be Jane’s Addiction guitar hero Dave Navarro, shock rockers Alice Cooper, Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie and celebrity metalheads Joe Manganiello, Tony Hawk, Pauley Perrette and Carmen Electra among others.

How bad will he sound?

How fat will he be?

Get ready.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

getitoffgetitoff
Sep 24, 2007

by Ralp
:firstpost:

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Why is Jack Black dressed as Axl Rose and wearing Terry "Hulk" Hogan's moustache?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I don't even like axel rose and those videos still just make me sad

he legitimately sounds like a bad impression of himself

Nog
May 15, 2006

pitching vh1 for "the axl of love" reality show now

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Cubone posted:

I do a better axl rose than axl rose does at this point

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Cubone posted:

The Aliens who abducted Michael Jackson and replaced him with his whiter looking clone should have let Axl's clone spend a few more hours cooking before they released it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Somehow makes this seem triumphant instead of sad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzZN3rmN_IE

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Raku posted:

Somehow makes this seem triumphant instead of sad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzZN3rmN_IE

It's fun to watch that back to back with Sid Vicious version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD0eb0tDjIk

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

He has a habit of picking up decent musicians and making them sit in studios for years doing nothing until they go crazy and leave. When they finally released Chinese Democracy it was 90% the effort of people who weren't even in the band anymore.

So what decent musicians has he trapped into the band this time?

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Raku posted:

Elvis didn't go out on top by any means but at least he could still carry a tune

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

reallivedinosaur posted:

It's fun to watch that back to back with Sid Vicious version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HD0eb0tDjIk

I always thought Alice Cooper's early 80s look was based on Vicious https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2Zr7a_AseQ

On a related note: it's shocking Alice is alive and actually far more skilled than he ever was as a young man

Raku fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Apr 24, 2014

draconic
Mar 30, 2004

null
Feb 19, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
He should get the lifetime achievement award for inciting riots

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

argondamn posted:

He has a habit of picking up decent musicians and making them sit in studios for years doing nothing until they go crazy and leave. When they finally released Chinese Democracy it was 90% the effort of people who weren't even in the band anymore.

So what decent musicians has he trapped into the band this time?

Duff McKagan is filling in for Tommy Stinson while Tommy is away doing the Replacements reunion tour.

It's pretty much been the same lineup since 2006, but Robin Finck left a few years back and was replaced by DJ Ashba.

Bumblefoot is really good and deserves to be in a better band. He kills it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBw_U3GNJJo

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

EugeneJ posted:

Duff McKagan is filling in for Tommy Stinson while Tommy is away doing the Replacements reunion tour.

It's pretty much been the same lineup since 2006, but Robin Finck left a few years back and was replaced by DJ Ashba.

Bumblefoot is really good and deserves to be in a better band. He kills it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBw_U3GNJJo

Saw an interview with bumblefoot where he said he'd been asked to join the band a ton of times, but was happy doing his own thing and kept refusing but eventually got talked into it.

Axl missed a golden chance with Buckethead, imo. That'd almost make it worth buying a ticket, to see Buckethead be his wacky self.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Stream is live!

http://www.amazon.com/b/?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&linkCode=ur2&node=8728574011&tag=revolmagaz-20

Dee Snyder hosting the pre-show.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

at least those stupid loving braids are gone

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Metal in 2014 is so loving lame. This is sad in the saddest way there is to be sad.

Lol ronnie james dio award for lifetime achievement.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

He could do the decent thing and switch to bad country music like all the other singers who aren't 22 anymore but no he chooses to milk the cash cow and sound like a 12 year old going through puberty. No pity for axl rose

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

and i'm not just hating, I love me some GnFnR and saw them a handful of times from 88 to like 92? before he fled the country(Was at the Chicago show just before the ones that got cancelled when he took off:rock:). I knew that was the death spiral right there and it pretty much was

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Scandinavia is the only place on the planet where metal isn't dead.

e: this is fuckin' sad and weird

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I saw the guns n roses, faith no more and Metallica show in high school and this poo poo makes me sad.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
Like, I saw roger waters three years ago and he owned. Land I saw ac/dc four or five years ago and they owned. How the gently caress does axl rose do this. It makes me :smith:

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Raku posted:

On a related note: it's shocking Alice is alive and actually far more skilled than he ever was as a young man
In post-heyday interviews he always seems super together and more Gene Simmons than Sid Vicious.

Has anyone seen Rob Zombie lately? Does he ever do White Zombie songs?

IzzyFnStradlin
Jun 19, 2004
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: this sovereign citizen stuff might be closer to the truth than we are willing to admit.

reallivedinosaur posted:

Axl missed a golden chance with Buckethead, imo. That'd almost make it worth buying a ticket, to see Buckethead be his wacky self.
lmao buckethead fuckin sucks

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I don't even have to watch this and I know I'll hear audio from it on the Jim Rome show tomorrow

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

IzzyFnStradlin posted:

lmao buckethead fuckin sucks

He sucks in a wacky way. Everyone on this live stream sucks harder than buckethead.

This is a really a very sad spectacle.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Bam Margera is still an alcoholic

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Metal show staying relevant with Bam Margera interview

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

waiting for dead dunn name drop

there it is

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

unlimited shrimp posted:

In post-heyday interviews he always seems super together and more Gene Simmons than Sid Vicious.

he gave up drinking and found jesus and golf like 30 years ago

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ethanol posted:

waiting for dead dunn name drop

there it is

Please tell me it was, "he's drinking and driving with angels now".

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Blistex posted:

Please tell me it was, "he's drinking and driving with angels now".

worse it was a god drat plug for his latest 'documentary about his life"

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

comes along bort posted:

he's like a 1 handicap

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I assume Slash isn't invited to this thing?

I can't get enough of Slash or his stupid hat or awful guitar playing, so thats really too bad.

Here comes the main event I can't wait to see who wins "most dedicated fan base".

e: lol @ marilyn manson

draconic
Mar 30, 2004

do you think they'll throw that mic away after marilyn manson made out with it

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

comes along bort posted:

He's also responsible for dave Mustaine being totally crazy nowadays.

i'm shocked Marilyn Manson still exists. Who listens to him?

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Slayer dudes are so old :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Since when did David Crosby join Slayer

• Locked thread