Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Mentally ill guy lives in his car, working solo on a gameboy game for the last decade that nobody wants to play. His kickstarter dream is to someday upgrade from living in his car to living inside a Van. A story more touching than even doobie and his dogs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bobsgame/bobs-game

quote:

So, I am asking for a small amount of money in order to get a new laptop and to build a "hack van," a cargo van or shuttle van fitted with solar panels, extra batteries, and a bed and workstation inside. It is extremely sustainable, and turns out to be a pretty common practice in Silicon Valley! This way I can continue working on and releasing updates for my game for the foreseeable future, without having to worry about bills or a place to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Supernorn posted:

Mentally ill guy lives in his car, working solo on a gameboy game for the last decade that nobody wants to play. His kickstarter dream is to someday upgrade from living in his car to living inside a Van. A story more touching than even doobie and his dogs.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/bobsgame/bobs-game

Is that the gbs clown game guy?

Lt. Dans Legs
Jul 3, 2008
bob is a brave man and i wish him the best in his video game endeavors.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's just a fake right

Wearsyourgodnow
Jul 21, 2009

https://bobsgame.com

55,000 words

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011

Lt. Dans Legs posted:

bob is a brave man and i wish him the best in his video game endeavors.

Wish this dude luck

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
Now this is a project that I can get behind!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

holy poo poo this is a blast, from the past. i forgot about bob's game for like eight years or something. jesus.

BluPotato
Jul 18, 2006

quick lets all throw millions of dollars at a crazy man!

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

BluPotato posted:

quick lets all throw millions of dollars at a crazy man!
Doobie has enough of our money. It seems like this guy actually needs it.

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
How do I get a hack-van?

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
"I had the unfortunate compulsion to shove things up my bum at times and I tried to get boned by a couple of guys before. I was always terrified and stopped right away, and when I did succeed it hurt and I hated it, but I did it again anyway. Maybe my Mom made me do it with that t-shirt, or maybe it was self-inflicted revenge for having anal sex with two of my girlfriends. It must have hurt and it makes me wish I was dead."

:butt:

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Last time I checked the OUYA thread, Bob was posting there. Dunno if it was really him or a troll attempt though.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

iirc he made a video of himself trying to put his game on the shelves at the nintendo world store until they kicked him out. he looked like the trenchcoat guy from grandma's boy

bartok
May 10, 2006

Bob should stick with burgers.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
If this game is anything other than misappropriated sprite art with a schizophrenic story line (or even ever gets made) I'll personally never buy a copy or speak about it with anyone ever.

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe
Bob needs to team up with the goon who created The Demon Rush

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Why is this guy not in a mental hospital? The last time I heard anything about him was when he went off the deep end when Nintendo refused to approve his really bad game.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I prefer brad the game http://www.bradthegame.com/

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

quote:

<$10,000 I will give up on "bob's game," go back to Michigan, get a job at Best Buy, get my GED at night school, and go to community college. I will work my way up to a degree in computer science and get a job at a video game studio, where I may someday work on my dream game idea: "bob's game."

probably the best option

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Hahahahahaha this guy's still going holy poo poo.

I know he posted a thread or in a thread about his game a long, long time ago and he was mocked then, too.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Post screenshoots of Bob is game

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Remember when he imprisoned himself for 100 days with just a computer, an LED signboard, and bob's game? Then faked suicide? "bob's game".

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Didnt he release a demo for DS several years ago? it was a really weird buggy piece of crap with bad jokes and kind of a creepy desperate vibe to it

Also there's already been many good games done by one person before, like Cave Story which was awesome

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
Some guy in Thailand was sending me literally millions of spam hate mails that said simply "gently caress u human being" that ruined my inbox

lol

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

one thousand and fifty-six united states dollars

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

quote:

So, I am asking for a small amount of money in order to get a new laptop and to build a "hack van," a cargo van or shuttle van fitted with solar panels, extra batteries, and a bed and workstation inside. It is extremely sustainable, and turns out to be a pretty common practice in Silicon Valley! This way I can continue working on and releasing updates for my game for the foreseeable future, without having to worry about bills or a place to live.

so basically

+

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Holy poo poo, I had forgotten about this guy. I remember losing interest in him after he faked his suicide in protest of Nintendo not selling him a licensing package, for what his preview videos showed to be nothing more than what looked like a romhack of a snes era Square game. I had no idea he had released a demo of his game...

Bob posted:

It is a game within a game about the development of itself in realtime, paralleled with a real life tournament to coincide with the virtual. "bob's game" blends the line between reality and simulation, and reality and extra-dimensional reality. "bob's game" breaks both the so-called "4th wall" and further yet- the "5th wall," unlocking the secrets of "the Matrix," or "the Womb" as it is referred to in some editions of the Bible.

Wait, what?

quote:

"bob's game" actually alters reality itself for those who play it. It is a key into another dimension. It teaches the secrets of the heart, the secrets of mind control and psychic power to a generation that has has the wool pulled over their eyes by criminal syndicates.

:stare:

quote:

In total despair, I stumbled around in a confused haze for a couple of months, and then got stronger. I've spent the last 9 months sleeping in my car and running at the gym, building myself back up. I've had to humble myself and learn to accept life as it is, to live with almost nothing, to appreciate what I have, and to truly value existence itself and see the world around me as it actually is- an illusion. I slowly learned how we are tricked by desire and greed and kept weak and blinded by criminal syndicates. I realized that is what I had been fighting against the whole time, subconsciously! Even more incredible, I learned what humans are truly capable of- discovering that we are indeed magical creatures with psychic powers! It's the greatest trick in history- we are all great wizards, reduced to spending our lives so distracted, we never even realize our own power!

:suspense:

I...I'm almost tempted to contribute to this. Not because I think it will succeed, but because I have a need to see where this lunatic is going with this now.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

quote:

"bob's game" is a game about a puzzle game called 'bob's game,'

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Allow "bob's game" to course through you, filling your holes with "bob's game"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Found some early concept art:

Twink Toilet
May 15, 2004
:D

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

is there someplace i can donate to stop this game from being released?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Choco1980 posted:

I...I'm almost tempted to contribute to this. Not because I think it will succeed, but because I have a need to see where this lunatic is going with this now.

Sounds like he's the guy who makes all those creepy hacked games I read about on the internet

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Yaldabaoth posted:

Sounds like he's the guy who makes all those creepy hacked games I read about on the internet

All those retarded creepypastas are real and based on games Bob wrote.

Twink Toilet
May 15, 2004
:D
The bottom part says that if he gets less than $10,000, he'll get his GED and get a job at best buy. How do I donate negative dollars

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

I have to promote this link right here if all you've seen is his Kickstarter page.

Skimming over his autobiographical poo poo, it's way too pathetic to be fake. This guy is for-real insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

bob posted:

During recess another student framed me by making me hold my tongue and say "apple" to the teacher.

Better than Johnny Five Aces, tbh

• Locked thread