Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

It'd be nice if he could have his mental issues properly treated. I think I've earned like 100x his kickstarter since the time he first announced his game and now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Tracula posted:

Did anyone back up the insanity that Bob had up on his website? Looks like he removed it for now :(

Looks like Bob did a pretty good job of trying to make it disappear from the internet, archive.org doesn't have it anymore. Fortunately enough, it's still here: http://ndworld.wordpress.com/2014/03/ Warning: Lots of green and terrible formatting. This thing sucks to read. Copy and paste it into a text editor or something, I'm not cleaning up Bob's autobiography. It already looks like he wrote it at 4AM after slamming an entire bottle of Ritalin and a palette of Monster, let alone whatever happened to it on that Wordpress blog.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

gay skull posted:

Looks like Bob did a pretty good job of trying to make it disappear from the internet, archive.org doesn't have it anymore. Fortunately enough, it's still here: http://ndworld.wordpress.com/2014/03/ Warning: Lots of green and terrible formatting. This thing sucks to read. Copy and paste it into a text editor or something, I'm not cleaning up Bob's autobiography. It already looks like he wrote it at 4AM after slamming an entire bottle of Ritalin and a palette of Monster, let alone whatever happened to it on that Wordpress blog.

Thanks! My faovrite thing to do with all that crazy is to Ctrl+F for "black plastic" since apparently he put trashbags over the windows of every single place he's ever lived.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
its like ulillia except boring

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.

ilikedirt posted:

Bob and Ulillillia should team up to make a Platform Masters X Bob's Game fighting game.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Oh man, I had completely forgotten about Bob and his game. Also, didn't he start using the word 'yu' instead of 'you'? What the hell was that all about?

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Oh man, I had completely forgotten about Bob and his game. Also, didn't he start using the word 'yu' instead of 'you'? What the hell was that all about?
He is a very devoted fan of indie game developer and blogger Derek Yu.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

Tracula posted:

Did anyone back up the insanity that Bob had up on his website? Looks like he removed it for now :(

This should work. If you download the word file, you can follow the links within the document to view the full sized photos which are still hosted at http://bobsgame.com/storypics/

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

ilikedirt posted:

Ulillia is likeable though, he's like everyone's autistic cousin who just wants to show you something he thinks is neat

Bob is sort of like the Amanda Bynes of gaming, he's a spectacular mess who's stuck in his childhood and makes it all public for attention, only now unlike Ulillia and Bynes, he bilked a few hundred people out of over ten grand, selling nothing more than the game he's been promising for years (that proved to be terrible in the demo he actually released). This is why we love/hate Bob :)

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Strike while the iron has been living in a car for the past 10 years.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

gay skull posted:

Ulillia is likeable though, he's like everyone's autistic cousin who just wants to show you something he thinks is neat

Bob is sort of like the Amanda Bynes of gaming, he's a spectacular mess who's stuck in his childhood and makes it all public for attention, only now unlike Ulillia and Bynes, he bilked a few hundred people out of over ten grand, selling nothing more than the game he's been promising for years (that proved to be terrible in the demo he actually released). This is why we love/hate Bob :)

I forgot who but I know some indie dev kicked him a few grand in the end to put him over the edge.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

gay skull posted:

drat, Bob should become an internet dominatrix. He can lure in the world's most broken people with promises of sprite-based indie games and all that other poo poo they love and squeeze every dime they can out of them. There's your new job, Bob.

a financial dominatrix used to be a frequent customer at my job- after looking at her blog and seeing the kind of people who give her money, i believe this could work

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Guys, don't do it. He is probably going to build a weapon or something and you'll all be on the poo poo list..

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
For his next trick, Bob should declare himself a transwoman and watch as Polygon does a fluff piece feature article on him. He'll have all the money he'd ever need and actual working games journalists would unironically defend his insane rear end as "an important voice."

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

bloodysabbath posted:

For his next trick, Bob should declare himself a transwoman and watch as Polygon does a fluff piece feature article on him. He'll have all the money he'd ever need and actual working games journalists would unironically defend his insane rear end as "an important voice."

Take notes, bob. Your current schemes won't work forever and already your fan club is beginning to relent. This is the new angle you need to keep the ball rolling.

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I thought Bob was the new gaming messiah but he ended up just like Jesus.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Treebeh posted:

Take notes, bob. Your current schemes won't work forever and already your fan club is beginning to relent. This is the new angle you need to keep the ball rolling.

if it worked for chris-chan, it can work for bob

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

TeeMerk posted:

A fraud?

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Good on bob for following his dreams.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I thought as far as his audience was concerned he was a bit like uli now, where people just follow a mentally ill person for kicks and maybe kick in $10 ever couple of years to keep the show going.

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.
he gav the money back

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

TeeMerk posted:

*spreads arms open wide*

Hung like this?

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

EB Nulshit posted:

he gav the money back

I don't think this is true.

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

It was more disappointing (and surprising) when I found that even most of Manhattan isn't like Times Square.

EB Nulshit posted:

he gav the money back

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

EB Nulshit posted:

he gav the money back

I hope he didn't or else I won't have anything funny to write about next month

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Not that I wanna watch the guy suffer or anything, I'd be honestly IRL happy for him to turn his life around and get his poo poo together but nobody would read my updates if they were all "Bob is happy and healthy and making an honorable wage doing an honest day's work and even has a fine new lass in his life"

and these updates are the most interesting things I've written in a while, all things considered, so bob please don't fix up your life, keep giving me more material man, I would appreciate it

also i love this post so much:

Treebeh posted:

This was recently posted on his Facebook page. It's publicly viewable so I don't feel like I'm infringing on his privacy. Not sure if it's relevant but might be of some interest to the people following this thread.

gay skull fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jan 20, 2015

EB Nulshit
Apr 12, 2014

i just like him cause i used to look just like him in that picture. 100% support whatever bob does

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

"Bob returned to class and became an Honor student."

When in reality:

"Barf!"

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

gay skull posted:

and these updates are the most interesting things I've written in a while, all things considered, so bob please don't fix up your life, keep giving me more material man, I would appreciate it

gently caress off weirdo

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop
I remember this video he put up on YouTube a long time ago, right around when the Nintendo Store opened in NYC. He went there in his gothic combat boots and colored hair and put empty DS cases of Bobs Game on the shelves until he was asked to leave. He looked so dumb. That's when he was going all crazy for Nintendo rejecting him, and then just being retarded and digging himself a deeper and deeper hole. He even admitted that Nintendo cared nothing but numbers, i.e. what you have successfully made money on before. It's perfectly fair in my opinion. Instead of learning from that, he ridiculed them nonstop for being some soulless and evil corporation.

Anyway, AFAIK the video has been deleted, but maybe there's a copy somewhere.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

"Bob returned to class and became an Honor student."

When in reality:

"Barf!"

lol

you are my Homeboy

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
When a habitual scammer finds religion, you can be pretty sure its just another scam.

Also he can't return all the Kickstarter money for free. Aside from Kickstarter's take there are going to be transaction fees. He would have to invest a lot of his own money (which he doesn't have) to return the $10,000+ donated. It would be easier for him to just release some poo poo pixel JRPG. You know, like he was going to do a decade ago.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

bloodysabbath posted:

If he had been born ten years later he would already have little budding titties and a twine game.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Kickstarter takes 10% right? So, he's out $1,040.90 from the get go. That'll be money he'll never see, good thing he's got backers who gave him money for free and don't want it back.

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!
Bobbie's Game House

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tracula posted:

link 1

Click on "Valider et télécharger" or tell me your favorite retarded host that doesn't require an account because gently caress that

unpacked robinhood fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jan 21, 2015

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Welcome to the :siren:FEBRUARY 2015 UPDATE:siren:

GOOD NEWS:

Bob probably wasn't working on Bob's Game this whole time, but he's back, hitting the bricks once again. A Bob's work is never done, and yet another month has passed. Many, many new games came out this past Christmas, people have accomplished amazing feats in gaming and technology, and then we have Bob. And Bob, well... Bob is still working on Bob's Game!

*sick guitar riff, the one that you hear when you start up F-Zero X on N64, with a big ol' title card*

The thing about uncommunicative Kickstarters is that you always get the weirdest mishmash of commenters. Some people are full of vitriol and hate, and rightly so. Some people are trolls and act smug which comes with the territory (but they're out money, too, so I guess joke's on them?) , and then you have the handful of people who just kind of... stay optimistic. I glossed over someone with Kickstarter Stockholm Syndrome a while ago, but I really don't understand what goes through these people's minds. I totally get it when people wanna toss Bob some cash to keep up his endless antics, but I don't get when people... kinda just wanna support their scammers and fuckups, like it's their own retarded child and they have a loving parental bond.

Jerry posted:

Hey Robert (or Bob :) Glad to see you will at least release it as open-source at this point, that will be really interesting! :) I also really hope that some not so distant day everyone can finally see it finished by your own initial glorious vision, released on GoG or Steam or others, and you can make some deserved money out of it in the end (even if small, or big? who knows? :))
But now please dont let the "act of releasing the code" take you more than 3 months! :D Just choose some common public open-source license by your liking, organize it just a tiny and make it compilable in some even if little playable unfinished state. We dont really want to wait for it another frickin year!!! :D
As I said, you can leave the money from me, those 20$ wasnt much, and I think the code will make it for me and many others. Im not talking about the people who pledged much more especially generous GranPC... I personally would rather see the bob's game card signed by you in my mailbox :)
Wish you all well!! :)

JoePug posted:

It would be nice if Bob actually gave us a meaningful reply and actually backed it up with some action. As Bob has been mostly silent, save for a few vague comments before canceling the project. He doesn't really say anything and he has not kept one promise. At the very least, he could of mailed out those signed business cards as an act of good faith....like it promised. I like to give him the benefit of the doubt, but the clock keeps ticking and.....silence.
Bob?

Jerry posted:

Yeah you are absolutely right. I also hated the almost absolute lack of any communication or update on progress (If there even was some significant.. :d) and not keeping to any promise. Even those cards which would take i guess a whole day of work at most.
But you know how it is with "Bob" by now... :D at least its kinda fun
I hope he can get a job he will like, coz it sure wont be ez with this attitude :) I know how it is, I think Im kinda similar idealistic and lazy headstrong idiot who struggle with this spiritually undeveloped brainless greedy world. But Im honestly glad Im not as hardcore as Bob, so I dont have that much hard time. :D
I wonder, did you find or learn anything at the "meditation" place you've been to Bob? Or nothing new as usual? That sucks I know, I guess we all have to wait till dead to know maybe at least something for sure anyway :)

Bob, it looks like you have a true friend in Jerry. Don't squander it. Even though I know you will.

So, Bob still hasn't mailed out the business cards and is still staying vague. No refunds on the horizon, not a lot of new posts, and even his Facebook page has gone mostly private. Looks like ol' Bob's trying to keep a low profile right now. Shoulda asked for more money, bob. A clever investor could make $10,409 sing, but you can't live on that for very long.

Oh, and in reply to Bob's "Everything's back on track" post at the beginning?

And he probably is.

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

Aaaaand, Bob's got nothing to say to that burn yesterday. Ho ho ho. Bob, you gotta learn to stand up to the bullies someday!

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Thanks for reminding me that Still Waiting... was an actual movie. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
All you need to hear is that it's called "Bob's Game" for you to know he's a megalomaniac.

• Locked thread