Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

chrisf posted:

http://www.imperialassembly.com/oracle/#cardid=11811 Suikihime Sensei is so ridiculously awful. Crippling your gold production in order to avoid the +2 gold cost on non-unique out of clan personalities once per clan is really dumb considering the best gold start a 3 production box can hope for is 7, whereas a 4 box should easily hit 8-10 going into turn 2. Even being able to run out of clan non-unique loyal courtiers as a 1x isn't worth that.

Yeah people were asking me if I was going to add her to my Kotei Dishonor deck and my response was lol no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

I just wanted to let everyone know that the main L5R Group on Facebook is horrible. It's filled with Donkeys and people with bad opinions. Some dude, who has ostensibly been playing for years, asked how spells work the other day

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

Shithead Deluxe posted:

Jesus H. Christ. I love gaming, but I really hate gamers.

Empty quoting before I get to my post

I was active on the main boards while I traveled around playing in tournaments during the Race for the Throne and I see things haven't changed much. Most Level Ten events and Kotei I went to were filled with Donkeys with delusions of grandeur who get smashed by the handful of good players who make cut. I'm going to make just the one Kotei this year, I'm hoping I can take it with DH. Ivory DH seems much less fun than Samurai DH was, IMO

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

PrinnySquadron posted:

I'm really debating whether to go to the Sheffield Kotei. I'm going up to Sheffield anyway but I'm wondering how much of the field is going to be dishonour.

Seriously. I'm hitting up Nola next month and thankfully I expect to be one of the only DH players. Shadowed Estate v Shadowed Estate is certainly something. I'm a pretty devoted eScorpion player and I think our box might have been a bad idea, hah.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Isolated gaming communities. Especially for niche games like L5R. The biggest fish in the small pond thinks he's great because HE IS great in that environment.

The first time I went to Kotei after utterly dominating my local store for months was quite an eye-opener.

In Samurai I did quite well at a few level ten events around the country, but failed to make cut at every Kotei. It was two Kotei, and my two losses at both were to Maw's Grave players and a well known ATL Dragon player who ran Fury of the Dark Lord in his Kensai deck. I was pretty salty both times. It's definitely a different level, even from other competitive events

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011

SirFozzie posted:

So Oneiyara is now just MOSTLY useless, not completely useless (before, a 1F follower negated his fear effect for winning a duel, now it fears the personality even if it has attachments) compared to every other duelist who duels to a bow/kill.. I guess there's SOME niche use for it (Okura is Released, other such fearkill actions).. but still.. waste of cardboard if you ask me ;)

I fail to see how a Kensai Duelist with a battle duel that bows through followers is bad, personally. It still resolves any potentially useful Focus Effects. It's not as good as destroy the loser of course but he's cheap

• Locked thread