Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

PJOmega posted:

I'm asking not in a "can I compete as pauper versus fully powered?" but as "would a pauper league be playable or would it be endless Crab vs Crab vanilla swarm?"

If anything everyone playing pauper league would probably be more balanced than not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

PJOmega posted:

Of course it would be balanced due to most everyone having access to the entire card pool. I'm asking if it would be interesting.

In past editions there were issues like any cards halfway decent for honor running, dueling, tacticianing, etc was at uncommon or higher. It often developed into CvC or maybe CvL military of vanilla-ish dudes running at each other.

Balance does not refer to individual players but to the environment and the individual clans and decktypes, obviously.

• Locked thread