Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
you gotta turn it on under the settings once youve performed a search

search tools -> all results -> verbatim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

PCjr sidecar posted:

wtf is garybacon

when does the gary bacon goon sire

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Tiny Bug Child posted:

hmm ya and communism owns too it's just nobody got it right yet

communism has come close to working pretty well but in every case was crushed from the outside by capital

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Broken Machine posted:

I don't think it matters as much as you'd expect what governmental model is adopted, but more the cultural norms that determine how it actually functions. The democratic model in Denmark isn't that different than the US in ways, but it functions better mostly because of their norms. If the US were more prosperous country with different norms, the laws and governance may be administered similarly, but the results would be quite different.

It's like anything else it works great on paper and then people just ruin everything.

communism works, in theory

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

pram posted:

gbs fella

haha dont sign your posts, mate.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

the reversible screen makes it great for road trips illustrations webcamming portability reading in bed putting it on your lap putting it on a table folding your friend's laptop back and having them say "cool, didn't know it could do that" or "dude, stop you're gonna loving break it, what the hell man, it's not supposed to go like that"

lol

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

ya hangouts. it's been a fun few weeks

is s2s xmpp federation ever coming back

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

uncurable mlady posted:

nutted but she still suckin

lmao

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

In August 2009, Violet Blue and Ben Metcalfe launched a URL shortening service with the domain name vb.ly, which was described as "the Internet's first and only sex-positive URL shortener."[23] The site was hosted on the .ly top-level domain, and the main page showed Violet Blue holding a bottle of beer.[24] In October 2010, the site was shut down following a letter to Violet Blue from Libya Telecom & Technology, saying that the site was contrary to the principles of Sharia law

lol

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

The Internets First And Only Sex Positive URL Shortener

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

does anyone here actually work at google lol

google have suddenly stopped dkim signing my outgoing mail on google apps for no apparent reason

its been working fine for 2-3 years but now the dkim sig header is missing on every email i send so they all get rejected by the recipients (because my dmarc policy says i dkim sign all mail)

i've tried turning signing off and on in the google apps control panel but it hasn't changed anything

has google changed something? how do i fix this? hjalp

interestingly google's own internal x-google-dkim-signature header is still intact. but nobody checks that, not even google

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Smythe posted:

i was bummed by the lack of a greek system. i think a 5'10" jewish waif would really excel in a fraternity

paging Squinty Applebottom

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

tinder requiring a facebook account is seriously the stupidest loving thing

who the gently caress uses facebook

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

hip young things increasingly dont use facebook, i maintain that its stupid to insist that all your users also use facebook

i mean its not even for single sign on (which is still stupid). doesnt tinder pull your photos from your facebook photos?

does nobody under the age of 25 work at tinder or do they all have half a brain

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

no that was because they made an unannounced change to the way dkim signing works, ive since resolved it

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

Pinterest Mom posted:

remember the time google disabled gchat in all iOS applications except Hangouts to force you to sign up for G+

U wot. you can use any xmpp client

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

you can adblock those social media buttons using the 'fanboys annoyances' list from https://www.fanboy.co.nz/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

use imapfilter on a vps with good network connectivity

it works really well for migrating accounts and you can code up custom rules if you want something fancier

• Locked thread