Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

let me get this straight

larry page fired all the managers.

said the engineers didn't need supervision.

and they handle everyone's personal data.

so no one is making sure they aren't peepin' it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so they just now released google docs for iOS

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

julian assange, nate silver, john stewart, edward snowden and bisexual ghost of christopher hitchens please reveal the samsung/google press bribery scandal

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

new lenovo chromebook :woop:

you can fold the screen back!

but that's as far back as it'll fold

the reversible screen makes it great for road trips illustrations webcamming portability reading in bed putting it on your lap putting it on a table folding your friend's laptop back and having them say "cool, didn't know it could do that" or "dude, stop you're gonna loving break it, what the hell man, it's not supposed to go like that"

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the silence is broken by the sound of a wooden chair pushed back over the gymnasium floor as a single man rises like timid prairie dog with. his back and eyes are hunched over meekly but his eyes stare steadfast at the podium.

"no, i am google" he says.

"and i am google" echoes another. and as eyes search the room for the second voice another says "i am google".

"well if that's the case then were going to have one very confused valet." said the unimpressed speaker on stage. "good day."

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i honestly thought that was in google maps since android 1.6 on my HTC G1. thought i just need to zoom in to a certain level or something, or my addresses were formatted wrong.

speaking the google the (something awful) search seems to be broken.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

a google maps bug from 2009 is still in modern current versions. https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=5497

#2 burke.e...@gmail.com
Just to add a bit of detail to my previous comment: I see the failure on Android 1.6
on my G1 phone.

#3 burke.e...@gmail.com
Also tested on Android 2.1 in emulator - still fails there

#14 jasond...@gmail.com
Still an issue. 2.2.1

#16 guiha...@gmail.com
The same issue occurs in Android 3.1.

#17 akasek
The last two comments have confirmed Froyo and Honeycomb. I'll confirm Gingerbread also (2.3.4)

#19 hmohamma...@gmail.com
I tested on Desire HD(Android 2.2) AND Galaxy Tab(Android 2.2)

#20 miso....@gmail.com
Still an issue, 4.0.3...

#22 subinseb...@gmail.com
Still an issue, 4.1.1

#28 chri...@playhaven.com
Still an issue in 4.3. Tested on Nexus 7.

#36 debarshi...@gmail.com
And this still happens, checked on 4.4

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

when the keyboard comes up, the stuff in the middle of the screen should not go behind the keyboard, but instead move up above it. in apps made for fullscreen, this does not work.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

hey (out)look at this leaked gmail 4.0 screen

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 22:14 on May 12, 2014

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

iMessage is great. it's very minimal. it doesn't use a username. it's secure. it's on every iPhone. create aliases with just an email. it doesn't even boast about being "iMessage", it basically masquerades as an SMS.

it kind of just...

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

a small toddler walks out of the gooleplex's front doors. a hoard of journalists stand waiting with microphones and pen pads. he must be some kind of savant, they think. or maybe a genetically engineered super googler, created right in Google Labs. after his short legs carry him the length of the sidewalk, he pauses to speak.

"i fawted"

one reporter vocalizes his disgust. "pfft. what? what's with these guys?"

he looks around him for the confirmation of his peers. but no ones there. the new york times is in a ball pit. gizmodo is hailing the free ice cream truck, so he can put milk shake flavoured ice cream on a bacon donut.

"these guys are amazing" says one reporter as they wave good bye to the google campus. "they're absolutely going to crush apple."

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

poty posted:

i would just call google support at

at

hmmmm

no no, just use emai-- oh

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

what's in your wallet

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cremnob posted:

i hope thats a real website

work in progress

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

i used Jade and bootstrap for the first time and it was extremely quick to make the first draft. then i needlessly decided to make it database driven and yeah.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

pram posted:

im so tired of seeing bootstrap

sorry next time i make a funny computer site i'll hand craft bespoke Style Sheets and accent the divs with lace, artisan spans and tasteful, organic line-heights.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so google the company that helps china censor the internet can't de-index a link?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

david fincher to direct antitrust 2 ???

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

why is it antitrust for google to block stores on google play but not apple to block them on the app store??

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cremnob please just pick out the choice quotes for fucks sake

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cremnob would do that??

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Google can't format email properly and has the typical IT department response

http://mathiasbynens.be/notes/gmail-plain-text

you think they would understand email at this point

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the guy defending google is a moron

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

cremnob posted:

finally some blogspam of the information article

http://9to5google.com/2014/07/07/youtube-approaches-300m-viewing-hrs-per-day-fell-short-of-estimates-w-3-5b-revenue-in-2013/

lol

ah yes the microsoftian fiefdoms live on in microsoft 2.0

hehh. so they let employees make copy-cat services in their spare time. what's the harm? oh yeah, when they actually need to make money those employees are now laying down like a bunch of hippies in front of some logging trucks headed for old growth forest. LMFAO

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so has google dropped that one lawyer that is evicting school teachers.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Google Co-Founder Says People Shouldn't Have to Work So Much

"If you really think about the things you need to make yourself happy -- housing, security, opportunity for your kids ... it's not that hard for us to provide those things," Page said. "The idea that everyone needs to work frantically to meet peoples' needs is not true."

Page said the world should be living in a "time of abundance" in which robots and machines could help meet everyone's basic needs much more easily.

Brin said he had to "quibble a little bit" with his colleague's vision for future employment.

taken verbatim from Zeitgeist: Addendum

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

that's awful in so many ways

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

thank you anything updating the support ticket

but how many thousand downloads did they get I n that ~hour? millions?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

AtomD posted:

all i really give a gently caress about is that google loose their ... idk nerdy hero kid in a bad action movie?? (that the real heroes visit so they can hack into the military satellite) brand with with all the dumb poo poo their pulling

spoiler tag this die hard 4 plot please

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

lol no matter what you do

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

friend request sent

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

you used to have to pair a youtube account to a gmail account. since i had two accounts i paired and unpaired with every sign-in. one day it decided to delete the youtube account previously paired.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

“Typography is kind of the skeleton. It’s the unsung hero,” Matias Duarte, Google’s vice president of design, said in an interview this week. "We’re trying to give people one logical, consistent system.”

it seems like they think they're the first to think of fonts. and of course they're not designing a font, they're engineering a font. i imagine it has 50 varieties of serif being A/B tested all over *.google.com

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

also the nymag has compressed the images so bad it's useless

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

if you have any problems with this android library please bing it ah hahah

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

google, the company that answers those "wouldn't it be cool if..." questions.

turns out answer is no most of the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

yeah and a lot of iap apps just sell an ad-free option or other minor convenience/feature. just label them "free with in-app purchases"

however an actual demos section that let's you play and then download the game would slightly lower the number of pay-to-win games by giving developers that option

• Locked thread