Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Rufus Ping posted:

In August 2009, Violet Blue and Ben Metcalfe launched a URL shortening service with the domain name vb.ly, which was described as "the Internet's first and only sex-positive URL shortener."[23] The site was hosted on the .ly top-level domain, and the main page showed Violet Blue holding a bottle of beer.[24] In October 2010, the site was shut down following a letter to Violet Blue from Libya Telecom & Technology, saying that the site was contrary to the principles of Sharia law

lol

ahahahaahaahahahaahaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Google FTW

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

JewKiller 3000 posted:

mega lol if you have ever seen a single ad on youtube from your own computer

I watch the ads to support content creators bc I prefer ads over a paywall that will kill the internet #adsftw

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
pagancow Owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
im starting 2 get hype for google i/o!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
june 25/26 it says online idk

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

smythe are u going to hitchhike to mountain view next week to be there?

well, i dont have an invite. but i have a car and went to sonoma state uni so i think i could make the drive. if i got an invite, well, i prolly cant go, b/c work. but i would like to. my dad is there this wk 4 some raeson idk y

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
thnx. my high school grades were super fail lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

rohnert park wal mart is the hillbilliest place ive ever been

yea there is a lot of fail in rohnert park. nice scenery though. i was bummed by the lack of a greek system. i think a 5'10" jewish waif would really excel in a fraternity

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Bloody posted:

like man i fuckin wish i had anywhere to woodwork and i wish i had multiple good food options at work

if ur office bldg is inside of a city there are a lot of food options, and ur work doesnt even need 2 provide it. they can pay you money, which u can give to other people (poorer ppl) to make ur lunch and stuff for u. and then, they can take that money, and buy groceries and mebes college funds for they childrens. whacky eh??

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
snype

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i used last fm in the 2ks and now i use pandora

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Progressive JPEG posted:

i use last fm to figure out which albums to get from slsk

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
last fm was cool when i used it, but i never used ay of the social or w/e features, and well, i never scrobbled. ill tbh, i never really understood that website. it had of stuff goin on there

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
google music suits me kneeds too. i bought an album on it 1nce even if u can believe that. it was the daft punk album and it was alright. sounded good n my beomaster 4500

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

FMguru posted:

i cant believe it smythe

i just cant

i also bought the new GI JOe movie on it when i was rly wasted b/c i didnt want to watch it w/ a bad codec/bitrate. they didnt have a rental (usually like 3-4 bucks) and only had it for sale for 15 bucks and well i clicked it and now i own the right to view it for as long as google play deems fit.

it was a pretty need suiting xp but in the future i dont think if i would buy the GI Joe movie. Maybe another movie but that one was pretty bad and I dont think ill give it a rewatch. i dont even remember what happened in the movie.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Caged posted:

why would you want to purchase the ability to watch the gi joe movie as often as you want for the next 18 months?

im tempted to exploit the analog hole to ensure i never lose the ability to watch the new gi joe movie whenevrr i want

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
ive got a camera and a tripod, some minidv tapes... suck it down RIAAssholes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if you send me a minidv tape ill dub a copy off for you and mail it back. please provide postage or just toss a couple bucks in there and ill take care of it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Caged posted:

you need to use vhs-c for the authentically analogue experience

i smell a kick starter!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Syncopated posted:

Do you do international delivery? I'm in Sweden.

if you pay the right shipping, sure. pm me for zipcode xchange

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Progressive JPEG posted:

could u also mail me some pizza rolls tia

sorry i dont consume nor purchase products contain the deadly poisons lactose or gluten.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

WHAT A GOOD DOG posted:

ill never buy a driverless car because its basically just a segway for ultra-nerds like woz to pretend they live in a 1980s-style tech utopia

I don't think the cars are meant for ppl to buy. Like, Google, a taxi company, or your municipality buy the cars and you use them as a service.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

flakeloaf posted:

maybe they can invent a really long car that can hold many people, then they can drive it around at set times when people are likely to want to get to places

This long car is long but it has poor ppl inside of it

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

theflyingexecutive posted:

oh it's galtse with google

haha

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
rufo had some problem with their email headers not working with his elite crypto is this the same thing?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
hangouts working fine on m firefox, chrome, and also teh accounting lady's ie

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
what lucky ppl. getting 2 exp teh pwmij of chrome browser for the first time. i envy them. reminds me of the 1st time i saw The Godfather, i knew that i could never feel that kind of feel of seeing The Goffather for the 1st time again.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Hey guys. I just logged on to my drive to upload some files I'm planning to use at work next Monday and I got greeted with something really great: Drive is getting even better. I know, it sounds insane - Drive is already so far and away the best cloud storage and productivity suite that it seems kind of unfair to leave the competitors so far in the dust, but gosh darnit if I don't appreciate everything those GENIUS Googlers cook up in their wacky labs. Anyways, here's a neat little intro video that does a really swell job at explaining some of the wonderful new features you can find on Drive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWvKAYKlnnM

Check it out at https://g.co/getdrive

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

british addresses are profoundly retarded

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mail be at 632 birdhsire courtitide plum region 41897dasA

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

cool. real names are dumb and lame on 'net.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
call me by my hacker handle pls

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

infernal machines posted:

okay "cockgargler69"

its actually ZideW1nd3R

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

pram posted:

this is the game you guys are arguing over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9773c6V29g

in it, voted 5

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

qirex posted:

didn't they do it the other way like 2 years ago?

the new docs are good, andm support track changes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my only gripe with the new google doc track changes, is that u cant pick ur own color. i usuallt prefer hot pink, but now, well, its up to the computer to pick my color.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
google products and services own big time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
chromeos is the best os for the vast majority of users

• Locked thread