Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

want age 25-70 guy to come over and jo in my model train room.

Adventure time is a complex and highly nuanced show about penises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirlwind Jones
Apr 13, 2013

I'm gay.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

*writes a million words about loving Community*

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Umiapik
Sep 15, 2007

Thread automatically fails 'cos nobody's looked at the AV Club for at least 6 years.

(well, i've not; I assume that's the same for everybody else, too.)

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

i'm a site i never visit

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

THEN That's What They Called Music! was good until they ran out of material and came up too close to the present.

FuriousGeorge
Jan 23, 2006

Ah, the simple joys of a monkey knife-fight.

oh poo poo i'm too late to be the witty first commenter

*kills self*

Chunderstorm
May 9, 2010

legs crossed like a buddhist
smokin' buddha
angry tuna

faaaaaaaaaart

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011

IK+++

[simpsons reference goes here]

Effectronica
May 31, 2011

Our thoughts are becoming reality?

I'm a superstar... I'm a superstar...

The Epistemological Nightmare Of Chopped All-Stars: (pt. 18)

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

want age 25-70 guy to come over and jo in my model train room.

Celebrity news

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

onion rhymes with bunion

Gypsum Fantastic
Aug 8, 2012

The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea and if you think I'm going to war without one, you're mistaken.

Snitchtard posted:

onion rhymes with bunion

your rhymes are poo poo hot today good job

Hobohemian
Sep 29, 2005
Nope

Onion bagels are the best flavor of bagels.

OneThousandMonkeys
Oct 9, 2005

The Strangest Vengeance Ever Planned

This is a movie that anyone is going to see, so it gets a C-

Christmas Miracle
Dec 25, 2012
STEAL ALL THE FARM

hey... we're affiliated with the onion!!!

Hobohemian
Sep 29, 2005
Nope

Madison,WI is a cool city and the AV club editor picks for live music shows were pretty on like 80% of the time.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

live music is dead

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

And what haunts me is that in all the faces of all the bears, I discover no kinship, no understanding, no mercy. I see only the overwhelming indifference of nature.

lol that [seminal intellectual work in medium of choice] is dumb pretentious boring bullshit for hipsters *writes 10k word argument for why latest superhero vehicle in same medium is the real smart thing for smart people*

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked

Snitchtard posted:

live music is dead

lol

Benedick Cuckold
Mar 30, 2014

Nice skirt

Posts lengthy, unreadable "roundtable" review of single TV episode

Professor Tomtom
Oct 22, 2010

PHD in Directionology

I'm gay and I'm really into twee white people garbage.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing Me Spanish Techno

here's what I saw on reddit or a gawker subsite while in-between scraping entertainment sites for blog content

I call it "great job internet"

Benedick Cuckold
Mar 30, 2014

Nice skirt

*Redesigns website for iPhone users, makes it impossible to log in, makes comment section unusable, drives away literally half of former writing staff*

*Wonders why page views have gone down*

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 8, 2001

With its fresh, smart takes on youth, heartbreak, and modern culture, Bangerz is a record that could very well legitimize Miley Cyrus.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Av club does that thing that all online writers do now, which to spend a paragraph at the start of the review talking about some random thing then link it to what happened in a show to make it seem like they know what they are talking about.

bonus points if its a personal anecdote, like "i remember my grandpa used to say trust your heart not your head, thats why this weeks episode of how i met your mother speaks to me"

OneThousandMonkeys
Oct 9, 2005

The Strangest Vengeance Ever Planned

quote:

a call-to-arms for a younger generation

Take a drink every time this phrase is used in a music review.

Benedick Cuckold
Mar 30, 2014

Nice skirt

The trouble with triplets: Leslie Knope’s babies and a problematic sitcom trend

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 21 days!

Nymphomaniac is the most feminist movie of 2014

Carver Crisis
Oct 4, 2006

Surrender your gooch.

there aren't enough strong female characters in this tv show about serial killers. i keep giving the show A grades but i just wanna point it out in every review. more empowered pussy plz

Benedick Cuckold
Mar 30, 2014

Nice skirt

*Increasingly makes writers put out more and more Top 10 articles and lists*

*Page views keep going down, "oh God no, no no no please I need this job, I have no marketable skills, not even writing skills, I'll starve to death"*

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

Cigars!

I remember reading an interview with Monty Hall from the early 90s when the controversy over the 'Monty Hall Problem' first came up. When he was presented with the problem, Monty took a rather pragmatic approach: He had no obligation to offer the switch in the first place after showing a goat -- it was his show, he had to take the prize budget into consideration when he and the writers set up the deals; if the show was under budget, sure, he'd offer the switch. If the budget allowed them to give away four cars over a five week period and they were already three cars down with three weeks left to tape? He was going to do everything he could to steer you towards the goat, even if it meant he had to spend an extra $500 as a sure-thing bribe.

Let's Make A Deal, especially the original run, becomes a much more interesting experience when you consider that Monty Hall was just as much of a contestant playing his own game. Sure, it was a game of random chance for the people in the audience, but it was also a test of his own abilities as a salesman and as a producer, trying to balance making an exciting program versus making a profitable one.

This wasn't simply a game played against an non-sentient entity like 'the house,' with the host acting as a blackjack dealer following rules set in stone, this was Monty Hall trying to subtly steer the man in the cardboard clown suit into taking the curtain instead of the envelope because he thought it would make better television.

Next week: the Jungian concepts of the personal and collective unconscious in action on The $25,000 Pyramid...

Benedick Cuckold
Mar 30, 2014

Nice skirt

http://www.avclub.com/article/incep...-less-yo-203721:

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

Bitches love my tool time

I once looked at the AV club expecting it to be funny like the rest of the onion. Then I realized they were serious, which was kind of funny, but then sad. And I never looked at it again.

Ovo
Dec 20, 2008

Life Rules

one of the worst articles ive ever read, thank you

Hamass
Jul 20, 2008

I said I didn't like this guy on another IWC board and they went apeshit on me.

What are your thoughts /wooo/?

Guys please read my new article it's called "21 TV characters who've worn puffy red jackets".

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

jfc

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

http://www.avclub.com/article/all-b...reakfast-203590

Bacon!!! LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benedick Cuckold
Mar 30, 2014

Nice skirt

Seriously, I'm not even putting any effort into this, this is all on the main loving page right now.

«3 »