Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
YOSPOS King
Apr 14, 2014

by XyloJW

24 is coming 5-5 this year. Jack is back and it looks like they're taking it up a notch, too. That's good for me because I definitely have high expectations.

Anyone else anticipating this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Displeased Moo Cow
Jun 15, 2009

Shitty Macbook.

cool tv talk king.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

I can't tell you how interesting this is.

i'm anticipating you never posting in yospos again

YOSPOS King
Apr 14, 2014

by XyloJW

I still use the old Bauer bag. It's perfect for my work.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

i lust for the death of affluence

the war on terror was a massive failure. and public perception has changed. i hope it bombs.

i guess you can watch this if you wanna see him get tortured or something?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Will be tivoing the continued adventures of Jack Bauer. See you in the TVIV, op.

Displeased Moo Cow
Jun 15, 2009

Shitty Macbook.

does tivo still work here knuc?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

does tivo still work here knuc?

Would anyone have understood if I said I'm MySky HDiing the latest 24?

Displeased Moo Cow
Jun 15, 2009

Shitty Macbook.

True.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

oh poo poo, i forgot to tivo yospos last night

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKVFMR_uFNY

Displeased Moo Cow
Jun 15, 2009

Shitty Macbook.

my brother in law worked for telecom when tvio launched and he got a box, then he tried so hard to get me to buy one but his box kept breaking down when he was demonstrating it, and telecom seem to be very quiet on tvio now as in I haven't seen anything directed at me to get me to buy it so I am now thinking that it has been quietly put out to pasture.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

my brother in law worked for telecom when tvio launched and he got a box, then he tried so hard to get me to buy one but his box kept breaking down when he was demonstrating it, and telecom seem to be very quiet on tvio now as in I haven't seen anything directed at me to get me to buy it so I am now thinking that it has been quietly put out to pasture.

I don't have mysky, but I really want it after seeing how nice it is at other people's places.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Although I did get pwned when I tried to record the cricket, not realising that they break the innings up into separate programs and missed half the game.

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

lol look at this clown who doesn't have a fluid dynamics simulation in his 3d modeling software

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

it cant be any worse than the new 52

pagancow
Jan 15, 2001

Video Stymie

also if you watch TV shows i hope you're happy with your less than 1 million dollar per minute entertainment.

i guess its ok if your time is worthless

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

or cannnn ittt?

pretty princess
Jan 3, 2010

-|-
/ \

all ever anyone will need is 24 mega bits of meomory

my stepdads beer
Feb 24, 2001

firefox is way past version 24, idiot

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

I'll get to it eventually.

superseded by the new 52, op

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

im gay

Displeased Moo Cow
Jun 15, 2009

Shitty Macbook.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Although I did get pwned when I tried to record the cricket, not realising that they break the innings up into separate programs and missed half the game.

owned by computers

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

pagancow posted:

also if you watch TV shows i hope you're happy with your less than 1 million dollar per minute entertainment.

i guess its ok if your time is worthless

agreed

-Typed by my Little Helper™

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

I'm not in the business. I am the business.

YOSPOS King posted:

24 is coming 5-5 this year. Jack is back and it looks like they're taking it up a notch, too. That's good for me because I definitely have high expectations.

Anyone else anticipating this?

i know of two shows that antonin scalia watches

one is duck dynasty, and the other is this

so gently caress yes i'm watching, i want to get ahead in life and follow the examples of our best and brightest

a supreme court justice posted:

"Jack Bauer saved Los Angeles. ... He saved hundreds of thousands of lives," Judge Scalia said. Then, recalling Season 2, where the agent's rough interrogation tactics saved California from a terrorist nuke, the Supreme Court judge etched a line in the sand.
"Are you going to convict Jack Bauer?" Judge Scalia challenged his fellow judges. "Say that criminal law is against him? 'You have the right to a jury trial?' Is any jury going to convict Jack Bauer? I don't think so.

"So the question is really whether we believe in these absolutes. And ought we believe in these absolutes."

an obese product of new jersey appointed by ronald reagan posted:

"I don't care about holding people. I really don't," Judge Scalia said.

Even if a real terrorist who suffered mistreatment is released because of complaints of abuse, Judge Scalia said, the interruption to the terrorist's plot would have ensured "in Los Angeles everyone is safe." During a break from the panel, Judge Scalia specifically mentioned the segment in Season 2 when Jack Bauer finally figures out how to break the die-hard terrorist intent on nuking L.A. The real genius, the judge said, is that this is primarily done with mental leverage. "There's a great scene where he told a guy that he was going to have his family killed," Judge Scalia said. "They had it on closed circuit television - and it was all staged. ... They really didn't kill the family."

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

i didn't realize you were one of us knuc, gday

Displeased Moo Cow
Jun 15, 2009

Shitty Macbook.

if by 'one of us' you mean a member of the ANZAC fraternity...

syscall girl
Nov 6, 2009

I'm not in the business. I am the business.

i think she meant picnic sports

camping sports

semi-permanent resident sports

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

this is what i mean

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

or at least a member of the colonies or ex colonies that puts themselves through cricket

julian assflange
Jul 29, 2010

i....i don't own a television, op

Displeased Moo Cow
Jun 15, 2009

Shitty Macbook.

i believe knuc is a :kiwi: from somewhere up north but i don't really care that much just that he posts better than i do and i am more than ok with that

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Missouri's all-time
sack leader

remember when jack bauer printed the encrypted document before the EMP went off? boy i'd hate to be the intern who had to type that poo poo up. d

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

i like jack bauer because he's totally into heroin

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013

thread better than the games thread and has as much to do with computers
still going to get gassed because the mods are poo poo

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[A]sk me about OS/2 WARP

Who's super pumped for the Lost reboot? Warming up my OH HOLKY gently caress right now !!!

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Jonny 290 posted:

Who's super pumped for the Lost reboot? Warming up my OH HOLKY gently caress right now !!!

i really liked (most of) Lost but i cant really see a reboot being any good

going out on a limb there

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[A]sk me about OS/2 WARP

believing the lost guys when they said "oh no it's not purgatory" is the last bad TV mistake i ever made

sorry guys i dont owe you another chance

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

The Archbishop of Banterbury

Jonny 290 posted:

are you joking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE
Aug 15, 2004

optimized multichannel
campaigns to drive
demand and increase
brand engagement
across web, mobile,
and social touchpoints,
bitch!

really another 7 seasons of nothings happening.

«2 »