Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Haha, for a series that is ostensibly about how elitism is bad, it's pretty fun how the bad guys' stated goal is to change the fact that the upper echelons of society are entirely composed of magic users. At least I think. I wasn't paying much attention.

Also lol, Tatsuya was super into that one dude's body at the start of the episode. :gay:

[tIMG]http://lpix.org/1665542/[HorribleSubs] Mahouka - 04 [720p].mkv_snapshot_01.01_[2014.04.27_10.33.25].jpg[/tIMG]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

In your heart, you already know the answer to that question.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

yeah let's be fair here

No Game No Life is equally terrible.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

we did it everyone

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Harime Nui posted:

I think episode 11 is gonna be my waterloo folks.

I've tried maybe five or six times since it came out and I just can't get through the loving thing. Dear God how do you take the concept of magic olympics and make it the most visually boring thing since mold.

Just walk away proud you've watched this far. I've long since stopped watching. It is impressive how this series is simultaneously terrible and dull as gently caress at the same time.

Namtab's excerpts from the books are great though, don't stop with those.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Wark Say posted:

^^^^^^
e: It was portrayed in a completely unrealistic manner. It does end up alienating the siblings from a few of their friends, but it was still portrayed with a really gross, fetish-y appeal.

Listen: Oreimo was loving garbage, this series is loving garbage and the only thing that keeps me coming back to this thread is WickedHate's sometimes hilarious posts and Namtab's schadenfreude-tastic excerpts from novels I will never ever read.

Can you please explain more about this Cavia thing? The only things related of entertainment that showed up with said name was a defunct video game company and an Argentinian illustrator.

The video game company. They made Drakengard, which is a pretty messed up game (and also the game they were referring to), and Nier, which rules.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Oh right I should also have mentioned that Drakengard is also super terrible to play. There's an LP on the archive that I'd read instead.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

do you really believe this show is selling poorly?

if so, i admire your optimism

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I think 2000 is the magic number to be considered successful, so yeah, it's good.

Also lol at the fact that selling 2000 copies is considered a success in the anime industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

god drat it we already convinced wicked hate this show was bad, now we need to convince him Girls und Panzer is good?

Because Girls und Panzer is good.

• Locked thread