Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Live scorpion tails have as much Vitamin C as an entire grove of oranges.
If you're feeling tired, approach one from behind and bite its tail off.
You will feel much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

bring a small shovel/trowel for digging a little hole to poop in

if you arent pooping in a hole you arent camping why not just hit up a motel if you want an adventure

Bokito posted:

Toilet paper

this guy has obviously never pooped in a hole in the woods, don't sweat it there's natural TP everywhere

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 25, 2014

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

you can poop in a hole any drat time you like

the true spirit of camping is holding it in for five days so as to avoid doing so

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
I normally just poop in the creek. It's basically just nature's toilet. The fish enjoy the tasty poop morsels that come their way.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

SweetKarma posted:

Just for a day, I've never camped by myself and I'm scared a bear will eat me. I have a tent, a sleeping bag/pad, food/water, a little camping stove I'm going to borrow from my father. matches, knives, a folding saw a map and compass. Also a headlamp and lantern and that kind of stuff.

You best tied your food up in a tree, bears are hungry right now. Don't leave poo poo in your car, or bears will break in and go drive the fucker into town. That includes any food wrappers.

Maoist Pussy posted:

You won't be eaten by a bear. That's ridiculous. You will be eaten by a mountain lion.

Good chance for both really. Well, used as a chew toy anyway.

SweetKarma posted:

It's not back country, but it's a fairly remote location. I won't have to backpack in or anything. I've been there with my father a few times. There's a little creek with some native brook trout.

Where?

Also be ready for shifts in the weather. Depending on area you might get random snowfall.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

SweetKarma posted:

I normally just poop in the creek. It's basically just nature's toilet. The fish enjoy the tasty poop morsels that come their way.

Yeah, poo poo in a snow run off creek, that will be, shocking to say the least.

obliviums
Oct 2, 2013

The only exercise I get is poopin'

Do you fat-shaming try-hards really know how good ice cream is?
Well you wont need beer.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

SweetKarma posted:

I know but I'm a little bitch. I was camping with some friends in sequoia national park and a bear came into our camp and I pooped a little.
Don't poop, bears love that poo poo.

naem
May 29, 2011

-water

-tell like 3 people exactly where you are going to be and when you're back, use gps coordinates even, basically plan for when they have to send helicopters after you

-bear spray

-a tent

-pant(s)

Motorola 68000
Apr 25, 2014

"Don't be nice. Be good."
Just. Bring. Toilet. Paper.

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Wizgot posted:

also a friend to sex

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Sierra Nirvanas

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
you're not that stupid kid from Into the Wild are you?

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011

Telesphorus posted:

you're not that stupid kid from Into the Wild are you?

You dont GET IT man. Chris McCandless was just seeing society as it really was; a horrid lie of consumerism and self centered bullshit. His mommy and daddy didn't understand so he struck out on his own to live HIS life on HIS terms.

I hate that guy.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
have sex with a bear and it will protect you

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Camping solo can be creepy but also fun.

I always brings a hand crank radio, camping season is baseball season.
http://crank-radio-review.toptenreviews.com/freeplay-companion-review.html

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013

Paper Diamonds posted:

You dont GET IT man. Chris McCandless was just seeing society as it really was; a horrid lie of consumerism and self centered bullshit. His mommy and daddy didn't understand so he struck out on his own to live HIS life on HIS terms.

He had the right to do that dumb decision, but he should have called his mom once a week. :colbert:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
Should I bring my katana?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I slipped and fell once in the sierras into a river soaking all my gear

luckily my camper was parked ten feet away

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Wizgot posted:

While the thought to bring toilet paper on camping trips is natural to most people, it is usually not necessary as nature offers numerous alternatives that do not require valuable space in your bags.

Hedera Triveras is the most common natural alternative to toilet paper and is quite abundant in much of the continental United States.
Thought to be a distant relative of the Aloe plant, it is also quite helpful in treating minor cuts, scratches and bug bites.

SopWATh
Jun 1, 2000

scalded schlong posted:

you can poop in a hole any drat time you like

the true spirit of camping is holding it in for five days so as to avoid doing so

Do this, then you'll really know what it's like to be "stuck" in the woods.

sausage paddy
Feb 25, 2009

SweetKarma posted:

in a few weeks. what should i bring?

mushrooms

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Maoist Pussy posted:

You won't be eaten by a bear. That's ridiculous. You will be eaten by a mountain lion.

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

SweetKarma posted:

Should I bring my katana?

Probably. And a shotgun. You don't need ammo, just rack the slide and bandits will crap their pants and leave.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

When I was there I saw five or six friendly bears.

Then I found half a chewed up deer leg with mountain lion written all over it and ran away

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
bring someone you love would be my suggestion. beautiful place.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

ethanol posted:

When I was there I saw five or six friendly bears.

Then I found half a chewed up deer leg with mountain lion written all over it and ran away

I’ve seen bears plenty of times while camping or just near the road and went “meh” and they just wander off.

Once we were on a trail and just heard a mountain lion’s low growl and I poo poo my pants in utter terror; backed away as subtly fast as possible and ran like a motherfucker once we were sure we were clear.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Kill a bunch of deer, make a palace out of their antlers.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
"Corpse of alleged samurai warrior found in remote section of the Sierra Nevadas, cause of death attributed to massive bear molestation, local forestry official claims the bears ''ran a train on that poor man's rear end'"

Antifreeze Head
Jun 6, 2005

It begins
Pillbug

poopzilla posted:

I poo poo my pants

Meet the new GBS. Same as the old GBS.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
a Bagger 288 for strip mining

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

op are you looking for rough sex with mountain men by any chance

because if not i have some bad news for you

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
everybody is such a downer here

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
If your going to Nevada make sure to go stop by Bundy's ranch and have a laff at all the dumb militia people

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Antifreeze Head posted:

Meet the new GBS. Same as the old GBS.

hey, making GBS threads in your pants or making GBS threads in a hole, its all the same in the woods.

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

poopzilla posted:

hey, making GBS threads in your pants or making GBS threads in a hole, its all the same in the woods.

meaning your just gonna clean off in the stream and then get eaten by a mountain lion.

PlantRobot
Feb 13, 2010
*face eaten off by a mountain lion that gets drunk/high on your corpse, as per suggestions*

(build some sort of spiky deer antler fortress, you'll be fine)

Pessimism
Aug 2, 2005

You can find this and other great titles at your local library
Brook trout aren't native, fyi

Subliminal Sauce
Apr 6, 2010

Spreading freedom and spreading it thick; that's just a thing us right-wing nutjobs do!
one of these oughtta come in handy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

One of my college professor's sister was killed and eaten by a mountain lion in the same area you are going true story HAVE FUN

• Locked thread