Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
headsupsevenup
Sep 22, 2004

Okay.
Just applied to the alliance as headsupsevenup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
We could always use more goons. Give it a try while you take a poo poo!

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy
So, Samurai Siege is a lot of fun, it's different enough from Clash of Clans that it's worth playing both. Because of the difference in playerbase, even as a new player I'm able to reap a significant amount of resources in raids since the pool of targets is smaller. Wars are different as well, our goon guild managed to get 250 diamonds [IAP currency] each and a good amount of resources for participating.

There is an actual single player campaign as well, that you play through to unlock units. You get enough IAP to buy three builders right off the bat.

The coolest thing is right now they have some "sample" battles you can run using high level troops as a promotion. There's three or four different raids that you can run several times, get loot from, and get to see what the new stuff is like. There's also "puzzle" levels in the single player campaign where you get a preset army and need to get to a town hall.

Anyway, join. I'm able to play CoC and SS with no issues, since you can switch back and forth.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The drum gun is a major disincentive to lower level players once you get one if you can position it well. Not that anything seems to stop you getting 100%d sooner or later.

Right now I have essence out my ears but at castle level 6 struggle for jade coins when you can only steal 200k a go, 500k if you are really lucky.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Yea the drum gun wrecks archer/samurai comps if it's centrally located. I wish you could share defense replays and not just attacks. I totally ruined this guys day because of a drum gun

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I overlooked drum guns at first and man they hosed me up

bawbaw
Nov 28, 2007
<Center Justified>
Applied as myself, still can't figure out why I play these god drat games...

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

McSpankWich posted:

Yea the drum gun wrecks archer/samurai comps if it's centrally located. I wish you could share defense replays and not just attacks. I totally ruined this guys day because of a drum gun

Same. A drum gun surrounded by walls wrecks attackers when you're low level.

I just wish there was more emphasis on pvp ranking people by level. I get curb stomped on a regular basis by high level folks and it took me forever to find a base to attack today. The single player: campaign is a lot of fun however. It's one of the things that makes it different from coc.

Still has the pain in the rear end base redesign aspect though. I wish there was an easier way. Like if they had a site you could login to and set up your base with drag and drop instead of loving around with zooming in on a touchscreen.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Verdugo posted:

I just wish there was more emphasis on pvp ranking people by level. I get curb stomped on a regular basis by high level folks and it took me forever to find a base to attack today. The single player: campaign is a lot of fun however. It's one of the things that makes it different from coc.

Still has the pain in the rear end base redesign aspect though. I wish there was an easier way. Like if they had a site you could login to and set up your base with drag and drop instead of loving around with zooming in on a touchscreen.

Same, the matching seems weird and random. And same again, I'm spoiled by the COC base redesign feature. Thank god I'm on a tablet and not my tiny phone.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
McSpankwich promote some more people to general. It looks like you are the only one who can declare walls and have been AFK.

PVP ranking is weird. Is it purely on honor? That weekend it was broken it showed you loads of low level bases so there is definitely a certain amount of matchmaking but frequently showing you players +20-50 levels above you is a nice waste of your time and I'm not sure you'd ever be able to make a base that keeps you from being 100%'d every day.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I kind of hate the war system. I don't know how it matches us up, but we keep getting hooked up with at least one team that doesn't seem to give a poo poo, and one team that's probably got spreadsheets and synchronized watches. Also it's only twelve hours and there's no prep/warning. Both of those combined make it to where the guys with synchronized watches are always gonna win.

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
Just to let you know, I'm still trying to play the game, but I'm having trouble updating the game because China and Google don't play well together.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
They increased the max castle level to ten. It must take 28 million jade to create :cool:

oval office raja posted:

I kind of hate the war system. I don't know how it matches us up, but we keep getting hooked up with at least one team that doesn't seem to give a poo poo, and one team that's probably got spreadsheets and synchronized watches. Also it's only twelve hours and there's no prep/warning. Both of those combined make it to where the guys with synchronized watches are always gonna win.

Do we have a preferred time for wars? It's 12 hours so I just bash the buttons in evening GMT. I'll put up a schedule in MOTD.

I don't think we have anywhere near enough regularly active people to compete if matchmaking doesn't account for it. Wars and events are also hilariously P2W due to gems, the top ten alliances in competitions likely spent thousands of dollars on gems each.

rubipy
Apr 4, 2010
Sent a request as Strokeythebear. Looking forward to having more CoC-type dicking around games.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Katana wielding goons, it is war weekend. Wars only last one hour so we might as well spam the hell out of them, there are no drawbacks and we might win a few!

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Hello I am now a feudal lord and request an invite to the alliance.

In game name is deepwinter.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
Question: I have 9000 max of the green coins, but I need 10,000 to upgrade the castle, which will let me get more storage and increase my max green coins to get 10,000... uh?

E: doh, upgrade my existing coin vault. Welp.

Deep Winter fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jun 28, 2014

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Production and storage are the way to go. You can cool off on essence storage at level 9 as you won't need more than 3+ million essence for some time until blacksmith and temple upgrades jump from <3 million to 5+ million.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
In as Fist, just sent my request to join.

krazysigmarite
Jun 18, 2011

Grimdark.
In as Daimyo Dickbutt, applied.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!
Applied as Schissekaiser

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

In as snowmank. This is my first game like this, but I love games with goons.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Clan request sent as SonOfSamurai

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
You need to apply again as I smashed the wrong button :downs:

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Carecat posted:

You need to apply again as I smashed the wrong button :downs:

Done

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

Request sent, Deathbagel.

Drone Incognito
Oct 16, 2008

There are no drones here. No way no how.
In as Dong Quixote.

Skwid
Aug 20, 2011

I got tired of being a loser so I spent money to not be a loser anymore.
Sent in my request, in game as Skwid.

Necrolich
Feb 10, 2010
Sent request as necrolich

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Applied to Mangosteen as Gromdul.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Check Destroyer 47's videos to make easy progress in the campaign. Generally all you need is a lot of upgraded archers with some samurais as a distraction and rams.

killerllamaman
Mar 20, 2006
Applied as Em - this is not usually my thing but I've been playing way too much of this.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
So what do we do during a war to help?

Wibbleman
Apr 19, 2006

Fluffy doesn't want to be sacrificed

Applied as Wibbleman.

TouchyMcFeely
Aug 21, 2006

High five! Hell yeah!

During war just PVP as much as you can.

You'll see a fourth row of numbers on the PVP screen. Those are the war points. The clan with the most war points at the end of the war wins diamonds.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So a week ago I had played none of these games. Now I am trying to get going on this (and Boom Beach but only b/c I had not seen this thread) and I am pure poo poo at it.

I am getting my rear end kicked by most people, and stalling at like mission 13, and getting my rear end handed to me everywhere else on PVP. Any hints/tips? Or just keep upgrading my poo poo? I have a ton of coin and essence, so work on my army for now? I want to be a good goon soldier, but am useless as of now.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It's not about getting 100%, it's about getting at least 1 star from destroying their castle or hitting 50% and even then outside of wars/raising your honor you might as well take a "loss" if you can steal a million jade in a suicide charge.

The habit of troops getting clumped up is one of the biggest dangers in my experience. Clumped up archers get wrecked by cannons, freeze towers are incredibly lethal against a clumped of troops as they can keep them nearly perma stunned, setting off an assassins den can lose you dozens of guys etc. I like to attack from two entrances, so at least two rams and spawn troops in a line. Apart from that you will also struggle against anyone with as good a base as your own unless they have a poor layout, better is suicide.

NewcastleBrown
Mar 15, 2004
The One and Only
I'm in. Request sent as "Burl SA"

E: Thanks!

I just did a pvp mission and I think I got a mace or something? It flashed on the screen but I'd touched it or something and couldn't read. What's was that?

NewcastleBrown fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 1, 2014

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
If you collect a set you can build a temporary building. Check the Loot menu from the button in the bottom left corner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilentity
Jun 25, 2010
Applied as EvilEntity. Sucks that alliance is capped at 50. I like how upgrading carpenter to level 4 is :10bux:

evilentity fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 1, 2014

• Locked thread