Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Bolian Blues posted:

I doubt Lucas has even heard of KotOR, let alone KotOR 2. He hadn't heard of the planet Korriban until it came up in the Clone Wars, and he immediately decided the name should be Morriband because Korriban sounds too similar to Coruscant.

because it sounds a bit like moribund? god loving damnit, a long time ago i thought lucas was actually good at making up names.
anyone know who came up with generals grievous and loathsom? i guess one bad guy named something like that is .. okay, but dumb. but 2 is serious facepalming territory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Effectronica posted:

it doesnt, Jedi are idiots and even robots can use the force

Alexzandvar posted:

okay I give up fire all star wars into the sun

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

My life is a barrel o' fun!!

Effectronica posted:

it doesnt, Jedi are idiots and even robots can use the force

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Skippy_the_Jedi_Droid

"Obi-Wan Kenobi leaves a cantina, sensing the Force in someone. But no matter how hard he looked, he wasn't able to find anyone, despite his great ability in the Force. Suddenly, unbeknownst to Obi-Wan, an astromech droid serving drinks at Jabba's Palace is bumped into by Boba Fett, spilling one of the drinks from his tray. But before it can hit the ground, the droid, named R5-D4, is able to reach out with his mind and turn the drink back in its upright position and serve it to Jabba the Hutt; thankfully nobody had noticed what had just happened, as it had gone by so fast."

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

rocket_man38 posted:

"Obi-Wan Kenobi leaves a cantina, sensing the Force in someone. But no matter how hard he looked, he wasn't able to find anyone, despite his great ability in the Force. Suddenly, unbeknownst to Obi-Wan, an astromech droid serving drinks at Jabba's Palace is bumped into by Boba Fett, spilling one of the drinks from his tray. But before it can hit the ground, the droid, named R5-D4, is able to reach out with his mind and turn the drink back in its upright position and serve it to Jabba the Hutt; thankfully nobody had noticed what had just happened, as it had gone by so fast."

this is like the loving the abyss, the more you dig the deeper it goes

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
what does it mean when something in star wars is non canon?

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Skippy is a god drat hero

There was also a serious short story that had the same premise but w/e, Jedi's are gay

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

cuckold cleanup posted:

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

cuckold cleanup posted:

The Catholic Church disallows it from catechism

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

also, what the gently caress is up with lucas's neck?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

rocket_man38 posted:

"One day, R5 removed his restraining bolt with the Force, and Force persuaded the Gamorrean guards to let him leave. Skippy wandered the desert for days in search of his destiny, until finally he was picked up by a Jawa sandcrawler. There he had visions of Darth Vader and Princess Leia, and met R2-D2 and C-3PO. Eventually the Sandcrawler stopped, took all the droids out, and lined them up side by side in front of Owen Lars and Luke Skywalker. Skippy immediately sensed the Force in Luke, and persuaded Owen to choose him. Skippy was ecstatic at the undoubtable destiny that lay before him and Luke.

However, R5 soon envisioned that, without Luke, stormtroopers would come and take R2 back to Vader, where he would be destroyed and Leia would be killed, leading to a chain reaction of horror that will include the Rebellion being destroyed, R2's memory being wiped after 3PO refuses to translate his 'rubbish', and Luke dying on Tatooine without ever fulfilling his destiny. R5 knew what he had to do, and suddenly set off a mild explosion inside himself, leading Luke to believe that he had a busted motivator. Skippy then used the Force on 3PO, telling Luke to buy R2 instead. Owen did so, never knowing the great deed that R5 had just done. "

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
how will the star wars canon affect me

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Effectronica posted:

Skippy is a god drat hero

There was also a serious short story that had the same premise but w/e, Jedi's are gay

"R5 knew what he had to do, and suddenly set off a mild explosion inside himself, leading Luke to believe that he had a busted motivator. Skippy then used the Force on 3PO, telling Luke to buy R2 instead. Owen did so, never knowing the great deed that R5 had just done."

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Alexzandvar posted:

well we have no idea if r2d2 is actually a dude.

it's a loving robot how do you determine a white and blue cylinder on wheel's gender?

the presence of his third leg

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Randarkman posted:

also, what the gently caress is up with lucas's neck?

its atrophied since the last time he stuck it out Howard The Duck happened

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Professor Shark posted:

"One day, R5 removed his restraining bolt with the Force, and Force persuaded the Gamorrean guards to let him leave. Skippy wandered the desert for days in search of his destiny, until finally he was picked up by a Jawa sandcrawler. There he had visions of Darth Vader and Princess Leia, and met R2-D2 and C-3PO. Eventually the Sandcrawler stopped, took all the droids out, and lined them up side by side in front of Owen Lars and Luke Skywalker. Skippy immediately sensed the Force in Luke, and persuaded Owen to choose him. Skippy was ecstatic at the undoubtable destiny that lay before him and Luke.

However, R5 soon envisioned that, without Luke, stormtroopers would come and take R2 back to Vader, where he would be destroyed and Leia would be killed, leading to a chain reaction of horror that will include the Rebellion being destroyed, R2's memory being wiped after 3PO refuses to translate his 'rubbish', and Luke dying on Tatooine without ever fulfilling his destiny. R5 knew what he had to do, and suddenly set off a mild explosion inside himself, leading Luke to believe that he had a busted motivator. Skippy then used the Force on 3PO, telling Luke to buy R2 instead. Owen did so, never knowing the great deed that R5 had just done. "

BURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALL

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

cuckold cleanup posted:

It means if someone tries to mentions it to George Lucas, he'll put his fingers in his ears and go "LLALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALA"

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Wait till you read the stuff about IG-88 becoming the core of the 2nd Death Star or whatever

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Apogee15 posted:

It means if someone tries to mentions it to George Lucas, he'll put his fingers in his ears and go "LLALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALA"

george lucas is hardly in agreement with the movies he has made, what with 'goongas' and 'lazer swords' as a few small examples.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Breasts

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

i love the fact that wookiepedia seems to have a filter or something to ensure everything is written in the past tense

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Reproduction

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :vader:

I also love the IG-88 story. The death star 2 gunner "missed" the Mon Calamari cruiser you see, but IG-88 of course fixed the targeting solution. He was going to take over the death star completely you see.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
The Star Wars EU has been deleted?

Best news I've heard in ages.

Edit: I actually read the article and there is no change since the PT came out: the EU sticks until one of the movies says otherwise.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

gently caress you George Lucas... kotor2 is the REAL DEAL!

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

As long as that messed up Dark Nest bug orgy crap stays dead, I'm happy.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I just really want a special edition blu-ray of the Holiday Special and Ewoks films.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

cuckold cleanup posted:

how will the star wars canon affect me

only if you let it

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Randarkman posted:

BURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALLBURNITALL

"make it so"
-dr. kirk

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx
does this mean that Dark Revan isn't real?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE PWNER posted:

does this mean that Dark Revan isn't real?

all star wars character's aren't real

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Alexzandvar posted:

Whoa

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Alexzandvar posted:

You really can't prove this at all, unless you've been to every universe.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

THE PWNER posted:

You really can't prove this at all, unless you've been to every universe.

yeah maybe there is some special universe out there where that isn't a dumb statement, really wish I could go there

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Alexzandvar posted:

:vince:

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW

Alexzandvar posted:

yeah maybe there is some special universe out there where that isn't a dumb statement, really wish I could go there

Must be nice living without imagination, or hope.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kid Gloves posted:

Must be nice living without imagination, or hope.

In a world were George Lucas is still alive to ruin star wars even more(he will find a way) hope is dead

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

knowing that obsessive star wars fantasy nerds got upset helps make life worthwhile

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Demon Of The Fall posted:

my first sexual experience with a man was when I was playing Tie Fighter
redirecting power from aft shields mmmmmmmm

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Lucasfilm has retconned all of Star Wars to be literally true and real, they are now no longer stories but are in fact an actual physical reality. It is canon.

Kid Gloves
Jul 31, 2013

by XyloJW
the only four good star wars things that have ever existed are the first three movies and Nintendo 64 Star Wars Pod Racer game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rocket_man38
Jan 23, 2006

Kid Gloves posted:

the only four good star wars things that have ever existed are the first three movies and Nintendo 64 Star Wars Pod Racer game

Really? Not Rogue Squadron or KOTOR 2?

• Locked thread