Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I always liked star wars, but was never really that in to it. Like I saw it when I was a kid, and then again when it was "remastered".

Anyways, my wife had never seen it, so we are currently watching the trilogy. I gotta say, it holds up pretty well. I mean, luke is all whiny and stuff, and there are... imperfections in it, but overall they made a pretty drat compelling story, and the visuals really draw you in to the story. It also has a pretty drat good soundtrack. My wife has a pretty big disdain for old movies, and she is really enjoying them.

I guess what I'm saying is that even with all the hype and the nostalgia factor, the original trilogy really were pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

cuckold cleanup posted:

what does it mean when something in star wars is non canon?

It means if someone tries to mentions it to George Lucas, he'll put his fingers in his ears and go "LLALALALALALA I CAN'T HEAR YOU LALALALA"

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The good Star Wars games are Super Star Wars, TIE Fighter, Jedi Academy, Rogue Squadron, that Age of Empires 2 one, Battlefront, Republic Commando and Empire at War

Never played most of those, but the whole X-wing fighter series was awesome. The anti-piracy code book was kind of annoying though.

I still say both KOTORs were pretty good. Nothing amazing, just decent RPGs set in the star wars universe.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Alexzandvar posted:

the problem with the KOTOR games is they exist in the old republic universe which is dumb lovely EU so they could be gods gift to video games and it doesn't stop them from being set in literal bioware fan fiction

'eh, I didn't think the storyline in kotor was that bad, regardless about whether it's bioware fan fiction. I mean it was basically a powerful sith who lost his memory, and then goes around the galaxy fighting stuff, and regaining his memory. Nothing special, it just let you play a character who had the force and let you choose what path you wanted the character to take.

I guess I just didn't really care about taking the storyline seriously and trying to fit it in with the movies/canon as much as I just enjoyed the gameplay, and I like it when games give you a plot choice(even if it is a black/white "choose good or bad" choice). The storyline is set so far removed from any of the movies that it's basically a "I like this setting, and I want to tell my own story in this setting". Which I guess is what fan fiction often is, but w/e

• Locked thread