Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Convinced that such a happy little sprite would have no need of a martyr-god, or the follower of one, Victe steps up to one of the panes of glass and tries to see through, preferably before she gets close enough for whatever might be on the other side to look back.

Perception: 1d20+4 20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Forgot to mention: All of this floor is well lit by holes in the walls/ceiling that let natural sunlight through.

Victe: Through the glass you can see a tall and thin chamber below, a sealed off room in the middle of a much larger area. In the center of it is a truly beautiful little sapling, a tree that glows with a gentle and pure green light. It sits beneath a natural shaft of sunlight coming in through the sky above.

Feeling very alert for a moment you also pick up on something... of the three patches of vines up here, two are very slowly moving. The Southwest patch with the fairy and the right-side patch of the two to the Northeast. They shift around occasionally, then lie motionless for several minutes.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
William

William smiles at the small creature, approaching slowly while rifling through his pack for an appropriate book.

"Oh look, it's a creature of the Faerie realm."

Arcana: 1d20+12 20

"A creature of the Faerie realm that's also incredibly nakedohgod."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

William, Arcana: DC 15: Fairies and Pixies are common fey known for their love of all of life's joys. This love often extends beyond safe boundaries for mortals.

DC 18: Your father once mentioned that you should never trust a fairy. "They'll take your breath away", he said.

The fairy giggles again and uses both arms to beckon anyone interested closer. She pantomimes a need to whisper in your ear, pointing to her own which have lovely tall points.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 1, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
Alena

"Lerissa, Sariya, if you could just... move a smidge..." Alena begins forcing her way to the front of the party as soon as she hears that there's an actual faerie here. After all, someone in this expedition needs to make a good first impression. Lord knows no one else here could talk their way out of a paper bag. If only there wasn't 500 pounds of muscle and a cold-hearted witch between her and any real position of authority in this group. Still, she does manage to slip past her teammates eventually.

"Hail-*ahem*-Hail, madame! We come here in search of the legendary Mandragora! Do not bar our way and we will leave you be. Of this, you have my word. Attempt to stop us and you will pay in blood. Of this, you also have my word. Am I clear? Good."

"Now, if you have anything more that you wish to discuss, please, come join us over here and we can all talk it over like gentlemen. If that is alright with you, of course."

Why not make a Diplomacy check, I said. It'd be just for fun, I said. It's not like I'd waste a good roll on nonse-Diplomacy: 1d20+10 30

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Alena: The little fairy stops trying to coax William over and flutters in place, staring at you blankly for awhile. Then she darts over to Alena and comes to a perfect stop right at her shoulder, gradually drifting down to land standing. She whispers to Alena. "You're no fun, sister-blood. I could've taken that man's breath!" She sits down and crosses her legs, looking kinda confident on Alena's shoulder! She speaks loudly enough to be heard by everyone.

"This is a cursed place. But that's why I hang out here because only I'm brave enough." She looks over to the Northwest corner where a set of old stairs leads down into dim lighting. "Screaming roots nest below." She turns her head to look at Alena face to face, beaming. :d: "But if you go down there you'll be killed by a mighty guardian. He's really tough."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

William

William glares at the small Fairy, his finger tracing across the book until it gets to the proper line.

"Small fairies may look innocent but they can steal the breath of a mortal away and are prone to lying."

He clasps the book with a smug look on his face and stuffs it in his backpack.

"She's probably not lying about the guardian but I highly doubt she's brave."

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Taking in the ruins with a raised eyebrow, Sully largely ignored the tiny fey creature until mention of a guardian. "HA! Pretty tough? Ha ha ha ha, well, shame he faces me, the TOUGHEST." Flexing mightily, Sully's muscles bulge obscenely. "If you want to see TRUE strength, tiny lady, then follow me!" With that Sully marches straight to the stairs pointed out, fully intent on heading down to prove his might.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

She might not have Sully's bravado, she thinks as she follows him down the stairs, but she knows a good fight when she sees one.

Trier fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 1, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sariya

Sariya crosses her arms as they enter the ruins. Visiting those is fun and all, but the Mandragora definitely is not here. But hey, dicking around this place could be fun. "Yo, if there's a guardian or whatever, it means he's guarding something valuable." She smirks and follows Sully downstairs. Even if things go downhill, the big guy at least can keep whatever is down there busy enough for her to beat feet.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The fairy snaps at William! "I'm braver than you!" She crosses her arms, turns her head and lets out a little HMPH!

Charging downstairs to find a good challenge Sully instead finds a larger chamber with a great deal of vegetation stretching across the floor. The vines seem to come from the Eastern wall and are long enough to reach for the submerged bases of the twin pillars in the room.

Lighting is provided by strange crystalline pillars that radiate a soft red glow. There are points where the vines rise up along the walls to go through holes in the ceiling to the first floor. There are also two doors, one leading into the glass-sealed chamber Victe was peering down into earlier.

There are sets of strange footprints in the stone, round and without toes, strong enough to leave indents in the thick moss. They are huge, each print as wide as Sully. But they mysteriously vanish at random points and never disturb the vines. They also don't seem to match something that would actually be capable of using the stairs and doors here without smashing through the walls or getting stuck.

To the South is another door surrounded by the largest clumps of vines.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

The girl decides she needs to get inside that atrium, but between her and the door lies one of those moving weird vine clusters. She ponders for a while, trying to figure out how to get around it. Eventually she approaches it, kneels down with the tip of her blade against the stone floor, and recites a quiet prayer. As she begins to silently chant, a bright light begins to shine from inside the network of vines, and before long the light explodes into brilliant, beautiful, bright golden flames.

Holy Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 22 1d8+5 6

Trier fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 1, 2014

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

A mighty screech comes from behind the walls dividing the room! As it dies down and echos a set of high-pitched gurgles can be heard building up. The vine Victe struck begins to retract back towards to the Southeast... then curls up and lashes out at her! The vines wrap around her heavy armor at the legs and drag along for a second before losing their grip. The vines recede past the wall entirely and leave the path to the Northern door clear.

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

"Uh..." she hesitates. "So... I guess that could've gone worse."

The door now free, she beckons Sully and heads through.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Trying to ignore the sounds coming from nearby you open the door to the North. You step into a pleasantly cool room where a carved hole in the ceiling lets a shaft of sunlight fall upon the beautiful green sapling you saw earlier. The whole scene feels almost heavenly. The sapling and a 10 foot circle around it is encased in a dazzling thick sheet of transparent crystal. At the base of this pillar is a cold iron ring with a set of intricate runic letting traveling the whole length of it. A single keyhole rests at the front and center of the iron ring.

Oh! You hear a pair of tinks as something has materialized within the shaft and pressed itself against the crystal, looking up at you with a giant smile!

The little girl is definitely not Human. Her face has strange features, no nose, wide eyes with dark sclera and blooming pupils. Her hair and clothing seem to be intricate weavings of naturally growing leaves colored dark brown-black, but draw in and reflect the sunlight as the occasional shimmering patch of radiant rainbow light.

She squeaks and speaks in a child's high-pitched voice. "HI!" She is so excited to see you! She bounces on the heels of her feet.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 1, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Low on spideysense, Victe lets her guard down and responds with a cheery "Hello there!"

She approaches the little leaf-girl and places her hand against the crystal. "Why are you in there?"

Trier fucked around with this message at 15:43 on May 1, 2014

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Lerissa

She shouldered her axe and rolled her eyes at all the bravado and machismo.
"Sully I'm like a foot taller than you," she even ducked a bit to clear the ceiling as they descended into the lower room. Lerissa eyed the crystal and the little girl...and then Victe approaching it.
"Come on, don't touch that little girl. At least let Will see if there's a book about creepy crystal girls or something!"

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

William
William shudders at the screeching vines.
"Are you sure you didn't just wake up the Mandragora? Cause that sounded pretty blood curdling."

He follows behind the taller kids, not having any difficulty with the door and stares at the strange creature behind the glass.

Arcana: 1d20+12 14

William pages through the book for a while, grumbling.

"I.. Umm.. probably not, actually."

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sariya

"Oh hell, goddamn fairy led us to a trap!" Sariya grunts as Sully is dragged by the Vine, but continue following the group as they head further inside the building. "Also if we woke up the Mandragora, pretty sure we would be vomiting blood or now, idiot."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She snaps towards Sariya.
"Hey, drop the attitude or we'll make YOU dig it out with your bare hands, and if you try to weasel out of it by freezing it we'll just explain to Marco whose brilliant idea it was to freeze a plant."

She mutters, "There's a reason winter is hard on farmers."

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Alena

"Please, Sariya. The faerie was leading us into a trap. I called her away from the plants, and now she's simply following us. It's not that complex, dear." Alena rolls her eyes at Sariya as she makes her way down to the lower level.

"Oh! Is this what you meant by a 'mighty guardian', faerie? Because I'll be honest, I expected someone taller." Alena approaches the crystal pillar, looking at it with an enterprising eye. She reaches out to touch the engravings before thinking better of it.

"Still, she does have a very pretty home..."

Rolling Arcana to try to identify the weird crystal binding pillar specifically. Arcana: 1d20+12 18

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Alena, Arcana: The crystal material appears to be a uniform substance in every instance it has shown up in the ruins, but each functions differently. You can predict that the same neutral material is used at the beginning of some process to imbue the crystal with a magical property, at which point it morphs a bit. The red crystals in the other room radiate simple heat and light, the crystal shaft here absorbs and reflects sunlight.

It is also rather hard and seems to be drawing some energy up from the runic base. The runes suggest a strong defensive ward is in place. There would probably be a very negative effect if tampered with or struck.

William, Arcana: It's uh, a plant girl. Yeah, that's the ticket.

The fairy on Alena's shoulder sneers. "I wouldn't lead you down here! There's no games here. This one's cursed. She's awful. You can't trust her. She'd eat you if she was bigger."

Pouting, the plant girl protests in a sad little whine. "NO! I wouldn't! Its been so long since I had visitors! Are you here to explore? Are you on an adventure?!" She bounces up and down and pumps her fists a little. "I wanna go on an adventure... but my brother says the world is too scary." She blinks her eyes rapidly, staring up at each of you in turn. "Uhm, I'm not a Guard! My brother is. He's really tough. Uhm, he hasn't been by to see me in awhile... I think he has a new friend... a bad one!"

She wrings her hands together and then holds them up in an excited little begging stance. "Please! Could you talk to my brother?!"

The fairy shakes her head with a sad little tsk-tsk. "Just ignore her, lets go."

Plant Girl: "Please! Pretty please!"

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

Lerissa kneels down on one knee, to better get eye-to-eye with the plant girl.
"Sure, we can...talk with your brother. Where is he?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The plant girl lets out a happy little squeal and falls into a fit of giggles, then clamps a hand to her mouth for a bit before pointing back out her door. "Uhm, that way?" If she's never left this room...

Luckily this floor only has one path left to investigate.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sariya

"Hey, hornhead. Her brother is definitely going to attack us, you know. What are you going to do if it happens?" Sariya says dryly as she readies her wand. "Because I'm pretty sure we are going to have to defend ourselves."

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

She places a large hand on the glass.
"We'll go find him for you. You stay safe, alright?"
She smiles a bit, standing up.
'Well,' she thought, 'it could've been worse...my parents could've shoved me in a glass box and left me for dead.'

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

William

William puts his book away, and pulls out his sword and shield.

"We will defend eachother."

He turns to look at Sariya and smiles slightly.

"You will probably have to defend yourself."

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Being interrupted by his companions with questions he was asking when ever he opened his mouth Sully was relatively quite for the short time in the atrium, but when finally the small girl-thing points out where her 'brother' the Guardian is, Sully cracks his knuckles. "Aw right, I'm great at convincing people they hang out with dumb people!" Not waiting for anyone he rushes for the southern door in the straightest line possible, aiming to kick down the door and continue through it.

Athletics: 1d20+11 26 to kick in/down the southern door.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

EDIT: The Plant becomes so angry that it forcefully shifts the map around and forces the DM to place vines in a way that makes it clear what tiles they occupy!

Everybody is up.

Sully, Athletics: Avoids entangling properties of vines during Surprise Round.

Charging boldly into the main chamber Sully almost doesn't notice that all of the vines along the floor are moving rapidly, streams of green thorns occasionally jetting out to the sides, feeling around for prey. His incredible athletic prowess lets him leap clear over the nearest batch but this places him smack in the middle of the room where a pair of massive eyes leer up out of holes in the Eastern wall! With a gurgling bellow the nearest vines lash out at Sully, catching him around the legs and waist for a slashy 7 damage!

Sully's Athletics check places him in a good position for avoiding entanglement by the vines as they strain to circle around his limbs but are drawn too far from their original rooting. They slowly drift back to their positions but are already coiling up for another lunge! This close to the pillars you can see points in the pools around them where the vines have coiled and grown around partially submerged skeletons!

Athletics: DC 10 to move over a single Vine Tile. DC 5 with a 2 square movement before reaching the Tile(running start.) Make one check per tile crossed. Failed Check = Move Action ends.

Vine Stats(Per Tile): Hp 1, AC/F/R/W 1/1/1/1

Eye Stats: HP ???/???, AC/F/R/W 15/15/16/12

quote:

PC Stats

Sully: 32/39 HP
Sariya 28/28 HP
William 38/38 HP
Alena 35/35 HP
Lerissa 45/45 HP
Victe 45/45 HP

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 00:04 on May 3, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

Hearing the scuffle in the other room prompts Victe to draw her sword. She politely asks the plant girl to pardon her, before rushing off into the other room. She runs past the group to see Sully well on his way across the room, and immediately weaves to the left and begins cutting her way through the vines, to get to one of the weird plant-eyes.

Move: D37
Minor: Divine Challenge on Northern Eye
Standard: Holy Strike vs AC on D38 Vine: 1d20+10 19 1d8+5 11

pre:
Victe							
HP: 45 (THP: )		AC:   22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/10 (V: 11)	For:  17	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +5		Ref:  15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 5		Will: 18			

At Will				Encounter			Daily
Divine Challenge		[ ] Divine Pursuit	        [ ] Paladin's Judgement
Ardent Strike     		[ ] Strength From Valor
Vengeance Strike   		[ ] Divine Strength
Holy Strike			[ ] Guardian's Counter
Lay On Hands

Utility: 
[ ] Virtue
[ ] Second wind

Conditionals:
Virtuous Recovery: Spend a healing surge, get +3 resistance to all damage USONT
Mighty Challenge: Whenever target of divine challenge takes damage from it, cause +4 extra radiant damage
Devout Protector Expertise: While I use a shield, allies get +1 shield bonus to AC

Trier fucked around with this message at 00:14 on May 3, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sariya

"Watch out, you shrimp." Sariya sneers back at William. "Ya might end up serving as a shield either you want or not." The girl lifts her wand and summons a large icy cloud that freezes and wither the vines that separated the group from Sully. "You can thank my rear end for that, big guy!"

Casting Chilling Cloud at F-33, using Enlarge Spell to make it a Burst 2 but reducing damage by -2. It doesn't matter much since it already deals 3 damage and clears a lot of room!

pre:
Sariya   						 
HP: 28/28 (THP: )          AC:   17    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/6(V: 7)          For:  12    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +1   	  Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	          Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Chilling Cloud       [ ] Hamadryad Aspects             [ ] Augury
Ray of Frost         [ ] Glorious Presence             [ ] Acid Arrow
                     [ ] Suggestion                    [ ] Feather Fall
                     [ ] Water Stride                       
                     [ ] Spook  
                     [ ] Melting Pool              
                     [ ] Second Wind

Familiar: Goo-goo the Ooze, grants +2 to dungeoneering and Resist Acid 5. 

Item Powers

Psyweave Cloth (Daily, Minor): Gain resist 5 to everything until EoTN.
Wand of Frost (Daily, Trigger: Hitting enemy with Cold Power): Target is immobilized (Save Ends).
(Encounter, Minor): Freezes 2 squares of water into solid ice.
Runic Robe (Gain +1 to arcana, +1 damage to damage with arcane powers until EoTN after using
second wind.)
Reading Spectacles (Can read any language)

Conditionals/Resists:

Resist 5 Cold.
+2 against effects that daze, dominate, or stun
Resist 5 Acid (Familiar)
Gain 2 THP after using an Encounter/Daily power.
Ignore difficult terrain if forested.
+5 Endurance to resist starvation, thirst and suffocation. 

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Alena

Alena strides out into the room, taking her place firmly in the middle of Sariya's mists. Her hand is resting on the hilt of her blade, but she's not going to draw her blade just to simply hack at vines. When one of these plants proves themselves worth the effort, she will give it the cutting it deserves. Until then, she will simply lead from the rear.

"Do these plants think they can take us? Oh please. I've picked worse weeds from my fields."

Move: Move to F33.
Standard: Using Vicious Mockery on the upper eye-stalk. Vicious Mockery: 1d20+6 25 1d6+5 9 Hits it's Will for 9 Psychic damage and the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

pre:
Alena d'Montaigne
HP: 35/35 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 9)	For:  13	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +2		Ref:  17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 18   

Melee basic attack (Longsword):
1d20+10, 1d8+6 damage

At Will			Encounter		Daily
Guiding Strike  	[ ]Dirty Deed   	[ ]Slayer's Strike
Vicious Mockery 	[ ]Fey Step             Items
        	 	[ ]Words of Friendship	[ ]Catstep Boots
			[ ][ ]Majestic Word	
			[ ]Blunder      	
			[ ]Moment of Escape	
			[ ]Cunning Ferocity
                        [ ]Second Wind

Conditionals
-Once per round, when an enemy attack misses an ally within 9 squares, 
 you can slide that ally 1+1 squares as a free action and slide an
 enemy adjacent to that ally into the space the ally left.
-When you miss an attack with this Inescapable Longsword, 
 gain a +1 bonus to the next attack roll against the target.
-Draw a sheathed weapon or retrieve a stowed item as a free action.
-When you fall or jump down, take half damage and always land on your feet.
-+2 item bonus to saving throws against charm, illusion and sleep effects.
-+5 to saving throws against charm effects

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

William

William smiles at Sariya, seeming much more confident now that combat has been joined.

"I am a shield to my friends, whether you are worthy of that title is a matter for the Gods I guess."

With that he charges into battle next to sully and stabs his glowing sword into the nearby vine (F36) with a divine shout.

Move: to F35

Singing Strike vs AC: 1d20+10 23 1d10+5 13 the now dead vine takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls? :shrug:

pre:
William
HP: 38/38 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 10/10 (V: 9)	For:  18	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +5		Ref:  15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 5		Will: 19   

Melee basic attack (Bastard Sword):
1d20+6, 1d10+1 damage

Brand of the Sun	[ ]Use Vulnerability	[ ]Nimbus of Holy Shielding
Blessing of Knowledge	[ ]Channel Divinity	[ ]Resurgent Strength
Singing Strike	 	 -Smite Undead		Items
			 -Knowledge to Spread	[ ]Luckblade
			[ ][ ]Healing Word	[ ]Brooch of No Regrets
			[ ]Sudden Inspiration	
			[ ]Thought Twister
			[ ]Inspired Steel
			Items
			[ ]Bold Victory Armor
                        [ ]Second Wind

Conditionals
-Resist 2 against Area and Ranged attacks
-Allies get +1 shield bonus to AC as long as William Wields a Shield
-When William uses healing word, each ally in the burst gets +1 to next saving throw before EOMNT
-Target of Healing word gets +2 to all defenses until EOMNT

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

Lerissa

"FINALLY!" She shouts, baring her fangs as she draws her axe, "Something to use this on. I've got about 19 years of pent up aggression and sometimes choppin' wood and slaughtering pigs doesn't help."
With heavy footfalls thudding across the floor, she made her way over to a fine and hacked away.
The plants offer no resistance even as they crawl away, her axe hacking and hewing at them. She watches as her fury causes the tendrils to quake in fear. Can plants feel fear? Well, they certainly didn't look like they wanted to mess with her, that's for sure.
With a guttural roar, she stomped the other vine with her armored foot and ground it into paste before it could even react.

Move to D-36
Ferocious Strike vs AC on Vine E36: 1d20+9 25 1d12+5 6
Gain CA on first attack before the end of my next turn.
Activating Demonic Frenzy. Randomly determined, but there's only one choice...so.
Demonic Frenzy vs E37: 1d6 5
Not an attack, so I don't use up my CA from Ferocious Strike, either :eng101:

pre:
Lerissa Metzger   						 
HP: 45/45 (THP: )        AC:   19    Passive Insight: 10
Surges: 10/10 (V: 11)    For:  17    Passive Perception: 10
Initiative: +4   	 Ref:  14    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 16    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Dwarven

Vengeance Strike        [X] Demonic Frenzy                   [ ] Diabolic Transformation
Ferocious Strike     [ ][ ] Dread Smite                      [ ] Black Wrath of Hell
                        [ ] Shroud of Shadows                [ ] Execution Axe of Submission
                        [ ] Vice's Reward                    [ ] Wall Scale Armor
                        [ ] Second Wind                      [ ] Necklace of Keys

Conditionals/Resists: 
Bracers of Mighty Striking: +2 to damage when you hit with Melee Basic
Necklace of Keys: +1 Bonus to Thievery to pick locks.
Execution Axe of Submission: Brutal 2, High Crit
Spirit of Vice: +2 to damage when enemy grants Combat Advantage.
  +4 if Bloodied or Adjacent to Bloodied creature.
Dark Menace: Cha Mod (+3) bonus damage to creatures granting CA when making weapon attack.
Blackguard's Action: Gain CA on all enemies until end of turn after spending action point.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Barely slowed down, Sully realizes that he was surrounded before Sariya's intervention. Seeing the strange stalks with eyes he concludes that they're the source, or at least more impressive a thing to fight then a bunch of weeds brought down by simple cold. Marching up to the southern most vine, Sully quickly grabs the vine before it can react and yanks HARD, straining its connection to the wall! "Get outta my way weed I HAVE A GUARDIAN TO THRASH."

Move Action: Move to I38, which I'm entering and not moving through, and also cannot fail the check so
Standard Action:Grabbin' the Vine WITH INTENT TO HARM: 1d20+12 24 1d8+6 14 Eyevine South is grabbed!
Free Action:Furious Assault Yanking: 1d8 1 1 more damage to the vine

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 32/39 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 10/10 (V: 9)     For:  22    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 14    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Giant

Grappling Strike        [ ] Guardian's Counter               [ ] Seize and Stab
Dual Strike             [-] Furious Assault                  [ ] Dwarven Scale Amor
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry             
                        [ ] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists: 
Wrestling Gloves: +1 to all defenses against grab escape attempts, grab attack rolls, and saving throws to catch self when falling
Ki Focus Expertise: +1 damage to bloodied enemies

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Y'all are up again! As an aside, everybody has +1 AC due to William's passive unless they are already using a Shield.)

EDIT: The plant is so outraged it transforms the floor and widens the grid line width to address visual problems with the map.

Charging into the room with wild confidence your group tears into the vines, clearing a sizable chunk out of the middle of the room! Sully seizes the southern eye stalk in his meaty grip and prompts a startled gurgle from the nether regions of the wall while Alena/Victe team up to begin assailing the northern stalk! Twitching in Sully's grip the southern eye-stalk does not actually have the physical capability to break a grab.

Reacting poorly to provocation the northern eye stalk blooms and flares several sacs nestled in the crevices beneath the eye. The eye begins to weep a strange secretion that drips down to it's waiting pustules which flare violently before discharging a green cloud of choking spokes! (Oops I rolled for 4 targets so I'll discard that 20 on the end.) This deals a halved 6 Poison damage to Victe, 13 Poison Damage to William and a Critical 18 Poison Damage to Lerissa! The cloud lingers, creating a zone that deals 2 Poison Damage to targets that End Turn while inside it.

Charging into the fray with his amazing prowess keeps Sully free of the vines slipping underfoot but taking the fight to the stalk has him surrounded! A lingering vine near Victe also lashes out at her. They try to ensnare their targets! The vines are repelled by Victe's plate again but two lash around Sully's legs, thorns digging into him! A touch of divine light repels one before it can do more than superficial cuts(William's passive makes that 20 a miss) but the last vine digs in for 5 damage and Slows(Save Ends) Sully!

North Stalk uses Blast 5 to create Zone
Victe takes 6 Damage, William takes 13 Damage, Lerissa CRIT 18 damage (Poison)
Vines attack Victe(Miss), Sully(Miss, Miss, Hit)
Sully takes 5 Damage and is Slowed(Save Ends)

Athletics: DC 10 to move over a single Vine Tile. DC 5 with a 2 square movement before reaching the Tile(running start.) Make one check per tile crossed. Failed Check = Move Action ends.

Vine Stats(Per Tile): Hp 1, AC/F/R/W 1/1/1/1

Eye Stats: Damage Taken: North: 9 / South: 15 / AC/F/R/W 15/15/16/12
North Stalk: Mark(Victe), -2 Attack (UEONT Alena)
South Stalk: Grabbed(Sully)
Spore Cloud(Zone): 2 Poison Damage on Turn Ended within Zone.

quote:

PC Stats

Buffs: +1 Shield Bonus to AC

Sully: 27/39 HP Slowed(Save Ends)
Sariya 28/28 HP
William 23/38 HP
Alena 35/35 HP
Lerissa 27/45 HP
Victe 39/45 HP

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 4, 2014

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Sariya

"Ha ha! Don't get all close or you become easy targets, you idjits!" Sariya snickers as the spores get on the group's face. She then keeps walking alongside the wall, and a strange bump form on the girl's clothes. Emerging from one of her sleeves is a small pile of green slime, who shoots a large blob of acid that explodes between the eye-stalks, showering them in corroding liquid. "gently caress 'em up, Goo-goo!"

Moving to B-37 and casting an enlarged Melting Pool at G-42, hitting both Eyestalks and clearing a lot more vines since it's a Burst 2!

Melting Pool vs Fortitude: 1d20+7 16 1d8+5 7 (Hits!)

Also I get 1 temp hp due to Sensate, whatever.

pre:
Sariya   						 
HP: 28/28 (THP: 1/1)       AC:   17    Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 6/6(V: 7)          For:  12    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +1   	  Ref:  17    Action Points: 1
Speed: 6   	          Will: 17    Vision: Low-Light

Chilling Cloud       [ ] Hamadryad Aspects             [ ] Augury
Ray of Frost         [ ] Glorious Presence             [ ] Acid Arrow
                     [ ] Suggestion                    [ ] Feather Fall
                     [ ] Water Stride                       
                     [ ] Spook  
                     [x] Melting Pool              
                     [ ] Second Wind

Familiar: Goo-goo the Ooze, grants +2 to dungeoneering and Resist Acid 5. 

Item Powers

Psyweave Cloth (Daily, Minor): Gain resist 5 to everything until EoTN.
Wand of Frost (Daily, Trigger: Hitting enemy with Cold Power): Target is immobilized (Save Ends).
(Encounter, Minor): Freezes 2 squares of water into solid ice.
Runic Robe (Gain +1 to arcana, +1 damage to damage with arcane powers until EoTN after using
second wind.)
Reading Spectacles (Can read any language)

Conditionals/Resists:

Resist 5 Cold.
+2 against effects that daze, dominate, or stun
Resist 5 Acid (Familiar)
Gain 2 THP after using an Encounter/Daily power.
Ignore difficult terrain if forested.
+5 Endurance to resist starvation, thirst and suffocation. 

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 3, 2014

Trier
Aug 8, 2011

Stupid Newbie
Victe

The young paladin steps closer to the flailing eye-stalk, readies her sword, and at the opportune moment, leaps up and plants it firmly in the center of the weird eyeball thingie.

Move: D38
Standard: Vengeance Strike vs AC on Northern Eyestalk: 1d20+10 20 1d8+5+6 17
Take 2 damage from poison

pre:
Victe							
HP: 37/45 (THP: )		AC:   22	Passive Insight: 19
Surges: 10/10 (V: 11)		For:  17	Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +5			Ref:  15	Action Points: 1
Speed: 5			Will: 18			

At Will				Encounter			Daily
Divine Challenge		[ ] Divine Pursuit	        [ ] Paladin's Judgement
Ardent Strike     		[ ] Strength From Valor
Vengeance Strike   		[ ] Divine Strength
Holy Strike			[ ] Guardian's Counter
Lay On Hands

Utility: 
[ ] Virtue
[ ] Second wind

Conditionals:
Virtuous Recovery: Spend a healing surge, get +3 resistance to all damage USONT
Mighty Challenge: Whenever target of divine challenge takes damage from it, cause +4 extra radiant damage
Devout Protector Expertise: While I use a shield, allies get +1 shield bonus to AC

Trier fucked around with this message at 00:03 on May 4, 2014

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

Alena

"Is that all you have, plant? A little spit-up? Please. Show me what you can really do." Alena walks into the poison, arms held wide. She makes too tempting a target for the stalk to not lunge at her, which leaves it open for Victe's blade to do it's work. In the end, the eye stalk's too busy writhing in pain from the sword in it's side to actually attack the bard it was lunging for in the first place.

Alena's lungs burn, but that won't stop her from laughing.

Move: Move to E35
Standard: Use Blunder on the north eye stalk. Blunder: 1d20+6 13 1d6+5 6 That's a hit vs Will, dealing 6 damage and sliding it two squares to E36 if possible. Even if it's not, Victe gets a basic attack with a +5 bonus to the attack roll. Blunder - Victe's Basic Attack: 1d20+10+5 25 1d8+5 12 And that can't miss, so 12 move damage.
Free: Take 2 poison damage from ending my turn in this zone.

pre:
Alena d'Montaigne
HP: 33/35 (THP: 0)	AC:   19	Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 9)	For:  13	Passive Perception: 15
Initiative: +2		Ref:  17	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6		Will: 18   

Melee basic attack (Longsword):
1d20+10, 1d8+6 damage

Guiding Strike  	[ ]Dirty Deed   	[ ]Slayer's Strike
Vicious Mockery 	[ ]Fey Step             Items
        	 	[ ]Words of Friendship	[ ]Catstep Boots
			[ ][ ]Majestic Word	
			[X]Blunder      	
			[ ]Moment of Escape	
			[ ]Cunning Ferocity
                        [ ]Second Wind

Conditionals
-Once per round, when an enemy attack misses an ally within 9 squares, 
 you can slide that ally 1+1 squares as a free action and slide an
 enemy adjacent to that ally into the space the ally left.
-When you miss an attack with this Inescapable Longsword, 
 gain a +1 bonus to the next attack roll against the target.
-Draw a sheathed weapon or retrieve a stowed item as a free action.
-When you fall or jump down, take half damage and always land on your feet.
-+2 item bonus to saving throws against charm, illusion and sleep effects.
-+5 to saving throws against charm effects

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Barely phased by the thrashing vine in his grip, Sully lets out a grunt of pain as one of the vines at his feet manages to break skin. "Blasted weed! FINE THEN, I'M GOIN' OVER HERE!" Dragging the head/eye of the grappled vine with him Sully north avoiding Sariya's gross nasty body slime, and then smashes the held vine into the gunk before putting it back into a head(?)lock.

Move Action: Forceful Drag, Sully moves to G38, sliding the eyevine to G39 without provoking from the eyevine.
Standard Action:Wrassle the Eyevinesnake: 1d20+12 18 1d8+6 12 Stalk is grabbed again and marked
End Turn:Sully takes 2 damage and Saves vs Slow: 1d20 18

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 25/39 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 10/10 (V: 9)     For:  22    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 14    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Giant

Grappling Strike        [ ] Guardian's Counter               [ ] Seize and Stab
Dual Strike             [-] Furious Assault                  [ ] Dwarven Scale Amor
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry             
                        [-] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists: 
Wrestling Gloves: +1 to all defenses against grab escape attempts, grab attack rolls, and saving throws to catch self when falling
Ki Focus Expertise: +1 damage to bloodied enemies

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 4, 2014

• Locked thread