Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

The rooster had made its declaration, the sun crawled over the hills to spread its cheer to others, and even the Schmidt's old hound has risen. And yet Sully slept on. Ma Schmidt stood over the lazy man and sighed. "Sully it's time to get up and go to ol' Marco, you said you'd help him with his arts and here you are sleeping still!" Groaning Sully turned over "Yeah well he waited this long Ma, he can wait another ten minutes..." As Sully turned back over Ma's hand shot out and grasped his ear, Ma shouting "SULLIVAN SCHMIDT YOU GET YOUR LAZY BONES OUT OF BED AND DRESSED AND MARCH STRAIGHT TO MARCO'S HOME RIGHT NOW!" being dragged out of bed Sully relented with "Gyah, okay, okay, yes ma'am, YES MA'AM!".

Fully dressed Sully started out of his family's home, passing by his youngest brothers wrestling near the table. "Bring back somethin' cool!" John shouted after Sully, with James adding "Yeah, like a big critter's tooth or claw!". Acknowledging the pair with a wave on the way out the door, Sully ran into Pa Schmidt "Alright boy, I know yer goin' and it's not a nice place out there, but here's how it is. If I hafta go out their and drag yer sorry rear end home, I'll beat ya twice as bad as whatever you couldn't handle. Ya got that?" Smirking Sully replied "Yeah right Pa, nothin' stronger then a Schmidt. I'll bring y'all back somethin' while I'm out." Nodding, Pa gestured toward Marco's home. "Well ya best git on then son, don't wanna keep the warlock waitin'."

With his family having said their goodbyes Sully saunters up to Marco's front door and starts banging on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

"Ha ha, I've more muscles then just on my head!" Sully remarks and he flexes, showing off his chiseled arms with his smug pride shining like a beacon, not realizing the insult at all. "Don' yank out the thing it screams real loud, a'ight." Looking around at those gathered, Sully nodded "Well at least there's three other people here who might hold themselves in a scrap, so 'less y'all wanna waste some more time le's go get that root so Mark can waggle his fingers an' keep things outta town."

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

"Before we die?" Sully skeptically eyes the dwarf "Are ya implyin' somethin' there Melvin? Like that I'm not the strongest there is?" Flexing his left bicep, Sully eyes it before looking back to the dwarf. "I'd love to see something try, I would. If I didn' have Marco's errand to run, I'd be more 'an happy to show ya just how likely me dyin' is." With the barrel of booze already grabbed, Sully leads the walk away, not bothering to give Melvin a farewell.

~~~~~~~

Reaching the river Sully rubs his hands together excitedly "Ha, and here I was thinkin' this would be all borin', I could use a good swim!" hearing Lerissa fret over what was probably nothing, Sully shrugged, "Well if any of y'all brought a rope I could easily swim 'cross an' tie it to somethin'. That is, if the bookworms can't handle a little current."

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

"Enough with the hemmin' and hawin', le's git 'er DONE!" suddenly tossing his backpack with bedroll and food across the river, Sully grabs Victe and hefts her, full plate and all, over his head! "Ha, barely anythin'! I could do this all day! Someone wanna pile on their junk, I can handle it!" Not waiting for a reply, Sully marches straight into the river, intending to walk his own drat way across!

Athletics: 1d20+11 28
Endurance: 1d20+10 23

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Taking in the ruins with a raised eyebrow, Sully largely ignored the tiny fey creature until mention of a guardian. "HA! Pretty tough? Ha ha ha ha, well, shame he faces me, the TOUGHEST." Flexing mightily, Sully's muscles bulge obscenely. "If you want to see TRUE strength, tiny lady, then follow me!" With that Sully marches straight to the stairs pointed out, fully intent on heading down to prove his might.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Being interrupted by his companions with questions he was asking when ever he opened his mouth Sully was relatively quite for the short time in the atrium, but when finally the small girl-thing points out where her 'brother' the Guardian is, Sully cracks his knuckles. "Aw right, I'm great at convincing people they hang out with dumb people!" Not waiting for anyone he rushes for the southern door in the straightest line possible, aiming to kick down the door and continue through it.

Athletics: 1d20+11 26 to kick in/down the southern door.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Barely slowed down, Sully realizes that he was surrounded before Sariya's intervention. Seeing the strange stalks with eyes he concludes that they're the source, or at least more impressive a thing to fight then a bunch of weeds brought down by simple cold. Marching up to the southern most vine, Sully quickly grabs the vine before it can react and yanks HARD, straining its connection to the wall! "Get outta my way weed I HAVE A GUARDIAN TO THRASH."

Move Action: Move to I38, which I'm entering and not moving through, and also cannot fail the check so
Standard Action:Grabbin' the Vine WITH INTENT TO HARM: 1d20+12 24 1d8+6 14 Eyevine South is grabbed!
Free Action:Furious Assault Yanking: 1d8 1 1 more damage to the vine

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 32/39 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 10/10 (V: 9)     For:  22    Passive Perception: 14
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  15    Action Points: 1
Speed: 5     	         Will: 14    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Giant

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Grappling Strike        [ ] Guardian's Counter               [ ] Seize and Stab
Dual Strike             [-] Furious Assault                  [ ] Dwarven Scale Amor
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry             
                        [ ] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists: 
Wrestling Gloves: +1 to all defenses against grab escape attempts, grab attack rolls, and saving throws to catch self when falling
Ki Focus Expertise: +1 damage to bloodied enemies

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Barely phased by the thrashing vine in his grip, Sully lets out a grunt of pain as one of the vines at his feet manages to break skin. "Blasted weed! FINE THEN, I'M GOIN' OVER HERE!" Dragging the head/eye of the grappled vine with him Sully north avoiding Sariya's gross nasty body slime, and then smashes the held vine into the gunk before putting it back into a head(?)lock.

Move Action: Forceful Drag, Sully moves to G38, sliding the eyevine to G39 without provoking from the eyevine.
Standard Action:Wrassle the Eyevinesnake: 1d20+12 18 1d8+6 12 Stalk is grabbed again and marked
End Turn:Sully takes 2 damage and Saves vs Slow: 1d20 18

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 25/39 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 12

Dual Strike             [-] Furious Assault                  [ ] Dwarven Scale Amor
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry             
                        [-] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists: 
Wrestling Gloves: +1 to all defenses against grab escape attempts, grab attack rolls, and saving throws to catch self when falling

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 02:48 on May 4, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Quote is not edit my bad y'all

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 02:46 on May 4, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Vines biting into his legs, Sully grimaces. "Awright then ya prickly shits, I'm gettin' fed up with yer nonsense!" Releasing his grab on the eyestalk, Sully batters the stalk with his fist while pivoting, spotting the large lumpy thing growing behind him, Sully delivers a ferocious kick to it, sending it through the glass, the pane's shatter echoing through the room, with the pod narrowly missing Alena during its flight. Thrusting his arms into the air triumphantly Sully lets loose a guttural, almost bestial shout of "GOOOOAAAAAAALLLL!"

Standard Action:Dual Strike vs AC; @Eyevine: 1d20+12 26 1d8+1 4 +4 from William Eyestalk takes 8 damage and is marked
Dual Strike vs AC @Grower: 1d20+12 23 1d8+1 4 +4 from WIlliam and the Grower is auto-dead? It's marked if it isn't I guess.
Sully takes 2 damage from Poison Cloud
Save vs Immobilize: 1d20 18, Sully don't need no bonus to saves, he's a strong independent man who still lives with his mother

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 22/39 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 12

[ ] Funneling Flurry             
                        [-] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists: 

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Glaring at the puckish sprite mocking him from the pool, Sully cocked an eyebrow at it, responding "I may not be the smartest man, but fightin' builds my appetite somethin' fierce and you look about the right size to tide me over until lunch, so shut yer gob 'less I cram you down mine!" Confident in having cowed the small thing Sully turns to the rest "Awright y'all, I'm takin' five, so if ya wanna be a buncha idiots and die now's the time to wander off." With that Sully flops into the waters and begins to try and wash the spores off himself and his gear.

Intimidate the rear end in a top hat fairy: 1d20+8 20
Obviously taking a short rest before moving on, of the three items I'd use the belt but I don't particularly want any of them

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

"It's 'cause I don't need to deal with tiny poo poo's sass! Yeah, turns out kickin' the thing was a bad choice, I CAN FEEL THAT. Turns out this burnin' poo poo teaches the lesson pretty goddamn well! Unlike y'all I don' hafta give a single poo poo about what happens to 'er and I ain't gonna take it from somethin' the size of my thumb!" with that Sully undoes the clasp on his cloak and dunks it fully in the water to try and make sure it doesn't have any of the spores on it, in case contact with them later might cause similar burning.

I spend two surges and am healed to full, 7 surges left

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Hardly paying attention to what anyone is saying, even thebig treant, Sully see's Alena trying to come up with a good lie and looking for anyone to help her. Tired of everyone getting a word in before him up to know, he immediately jumps in to help with "Yeah, she's the moon, or whatever!"

Bluff to Aid Alena: 1d20+1 2

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

With a snort, Sully stares hate at the treant. "No, first I'm gonna SQUISH that awkward poo poo you call a friend IN FRONT OF YOU, and then smash your GODDAMN BARK IN until YOU decide to be less of a poo poo BROTHER and VISIT YOUR GODDAMN SISTER!" Rushing forward Sully clearly leaps over the massive trunk-like arm as it tries to sweep him away, landing next to the spider-fey lad. Hitting the spider-lad with a huge swinging backhand making him reel, Sully then jumps up and performs a BEAUTIFUL drop kick on the side of the treant, slamming it into the wall. In a blur of action Sully winds up and lands a haymaker on the recovering spider-boy before grabbing him around the collar with a grip harder then STEEL!

Move Action: Move to D60
OA against Sully: 1d20+6 8 Miss!
Standard Action:Funneling Flurry vs AC at Willard: 1d20+12 16 1d8+6 14 Narrow hit on Willard, he is slid Northwest one square, so his center is in B59. Also I am not marking Willard
Funneling Flurry vs AC against Anden: 1d20+12 23 1d8+6 10 Anden is hit and slid to D61 and marked by Sully!
ACTION POINT:Seize and Stab vs Reflex against Anden: 1d20+12 27 2d8+6 14 Anden is grabbed and cannot attempt to escape until the End of His Next Turn!
Free Action: Furious Assault: 1d8 5 Anden takes another 5 damage

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 39/39 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 7/10 (V: 9)     For:  22    Passive Perception: 14

Grappling Strike        [ ] Guardian's Counter               [-] Seize and Stab
                        [-] Funneling Flurry             
                        [ ] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists:
Viper Belt: Resist 5 Poison, +2 to save versus ongoing poison 

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Dragged out of the brawl by Victe Sully takes a single deep breath, then lets it all out in a snort. "What's that, Barkface? Can you have a piece of Sully?" Rushing forward Sully throws all his force and weight into the side of the treant, causing him to stumble, and then Sully follows it up with a massive uppercut, sending the massive tree tumbling over onto his face. "SURE YOU CAN!"

Sully spends a Surge from Paladin's Judgement for 9 hp.
Standard Action: Bull Charge vs Fortitude against Willard: 1d20+12 21 2d8+6 17 1d20+12 26 Sully charges to C59, Willard takes 17 damage and is pushed 1 square southeast, Sully shifts 1 square to be adjacent to Willard and Willard's knocked prone.
End Turn:Save vs Slow: 1d20 17 and takes Willard Aura Damage: 1d6+6 9 damage

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 26/39 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/10 (V: 9)     For:  22    Passive Perception: 14

Dual Strike             [-] Furious Assault                  [-] Dwarven Scale Amor
                        [-] Funneling Flurry             
                        [ ] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [-] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Glowering at the tree, Sully almost spits at the large tree "Who cares about some stupid hunk'a junk like that!? Now yer either gonna set 'er down and go spend some time with your sis, or I'm gonna beat ya to pulp and drag you to your sister!" After that Sully shoots Alena a disapproving look, shaking his head slightly.

Free Action:Intimidate to cow Willard into surrender: 1d20+10 28
Standard Action: Ready Grappling Strike if Willard attacks Lerissa, but Sully's not paying as much attention as he should.

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 26/39 (THP: )        AC:   20    Passive Insight: 12
Surges: 6/10 (V: 9)     For:  22    Passive Perception: 14

Dual Strike             [-] Furious Assault                  [-] Dwarven Scale Amor
                        [-] Funneling Flurry             
                        [ ] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [-] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Looking at Alena as she defends her actions, Sully snorts "So if I say some bullshit 'bout pummelin' ya for bein' a demandin' little poo poo you'll run me through too?" Spotting Victe pulling a locket from the pile of junk grabbed off Willard, Sully replies "So ya found another locket that looks like another, how does that prove yer imaginary friend exists again?" Picking around the junk Sully snatches a small cloak clasp in the shape of a lion's head. "Well ain't ya pretty? Yeah, I'm takin' this. It's not like I need any weapons to pummel things, ha!" With that Sully goes to actually check the corners of the room.

Not gonna bother spending more surges, got 35 HP and 6 surges left. Both of Sully's arms have some new scars, multiple tiny gashes where Anden's barbed legs caused some damage. They contrast pretty well with his numerous older scars
Edit: And also that clasp is the ki focus

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 17, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Hearing Alena's ploy Sully chuckles, and holds out his hand. "Alright youngin's, gather 'round. Time to see who has the best gut among y'all." Getting a few looks Sully elaborates "Well I know fer a fact not one-a ya could match my drinkin'! Har har, pass that pathetic 'ladies man' alcohol over here, I'm taking the first swig!"

Endurance to drink: 1d20+10 24

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

"Awright ya twig, guess sippin' on yer fancy pants wine ya hid from yer momma let ya do that." being admonished by Sariya, Sully turns and gives her a glare, which turns into an odd look. "Heh, ya just wan' some fer yerself. I'd be fine with that, maybe it'd make ya less of a frigid bitch." With that sully guffaws and slaps his knee at his own joke. "Now tha' we got a thing to put tha' root in I can jus' give 'er a lil' yank..." to a resounding shouted NO from every member of the party Sully shrugs "Awright y'all can figger out how to pluck the drat thing, I'm gonna tell tha' plant I beat some sense into her brother." With that Sully begins ambling back to the atrium with the plant-girl held in a tube, whistling to himself.

Hey go ahead and holler if we want to go for plan "Sully Kills Himself" after all

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

With the sudden whirlwind of activity decidedly not at all directed toward the mandragora, Sully's swept into it all and vaguely confused as to why anyone's doing anything. Unleashing something that might be dangerous, almost letting the root scream, and most surprising, Sariya trying to be friendly and inviting someone to come along? At some point his head kicked on and he realized that something in this huge mess of words and actions was wrong. "Hey, hol' up." Ignored as everyone continued with their chatter at work Sully inhales sharply and lets out in a booming voice "I SAID HOLD IT." With everyone looking (or glaring) at him Sully points at Willard. "He's gonna be like that for a whole season? I TOL' THAT IDIOT TO SEE YOU FIRST!" Sully starts marching over to the sleeping stump, grumbling all the way "Yeah jus' gonna nap for three months who cares about 'er anyway I jus' need to get these guys away from me so I can keep bein' a shitheel..."

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Agape at the sheer volume of vines covering goddamn everything Sully lets out a succinct 'battle cry' of "Well gently caress!" before rushing for the stairs in the corner, tearing some of the thrashing carpet vines on the ground out to clear a path.

Move: Move to F36
Standard: Dual Strike the vines in E35 and E36 they dead.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Having said nothing of substance since everything went to poo poo Sully continued the trend of swearing and cursing as everything proceeded to continue being terrible. He tried to nimbly cross the room, and tripped. Getting up he decided to just power through, but he tripped once more. Still fighting and struggling forward Sully's stubbornness inspires Victe to greater efforts, pushing a little further forward.

Acrobatics: 1d20+3 57
Athletics: 1d20+11 12
Endurance: 1d20+10 29 giving Victe my success here

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 00:29 on May 22, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Rolling his eyes Sully lets out a groan, rolls his eyes, and launches into the most sarcastic sounding prayer, "Yeah, 'kay. Dear fake god a gettin' beaten the hell up. Thanks for lettin' us get beat the hell up. I really like gettin' beat the hell up by vines, trees, spider jerks, and dumb ruins. You're the best for that. Love Sully. Now shaddup I'm getting some sleep."

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 51/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 10/10 (V: 12)     For:  23    Passive Perception: 17
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 2
Speed: 5     	         Will: 15    Vision: Low-Light

Dual Strike             [ ] Furious Assault                  [ ] Crushing Foot
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry                 [ ] Dwarven Scale Armor
                        [ ] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Sully chuckles at his younger brothers enthusiasm "Ya little runts think I'd do an owlbear again? Been there, beat that. Outta the way squirts, I need to tell Ma an' Pa I'm home." Pushing past the two, Sully opens the door and heads in. "Ma! Pa! I'm home!"

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

'Following' his father outside Sully raises his eyebrow to the offered jug. "Pa ya haven't pulled that out since that critter busted into town. That ain't exactly somethin' ya pull out for good news, what's goin' on? An' what the hell's goin' on? We came back with Marco's root an' no one dead an' it's been quiet as death! What is it I missed that made us winnin' a somber thing!?" with that Sully grabs the jug and takes a swig.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Sully stops, just staring his father in the eyes. "Pa, I beat a treeman into submission cause he didn't care 'bout family, nearly got torn to shreds by enough livin' vines to cover the entire village twice over, an' then had a goddamn ruin try an' collapse on us as a final 'gently caress y'all' AND NOT ONE PERSON WHO LEFT DIED. And we come home an' everything's dead quiet an' actin' like somebody died! So stop bullshittin' me an' tell me what's goin' on!"

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Staring too long at the departed figure of his father Sully picks up the jug. Sully sits there for more than a few minutes, just staring at the jug. Suddenly with a grunt of frustration Sully crushes the jug. Stomping into and through the house Sully ignores everyone within, grabbing his pack from where he dropped it and barging back through the front door. Surprising his younger brothers one pipes in with "Where ya goin'?"

"I'm taking a walk."

Confused the other gets out "But ya jus'"

"I SAID I'M TAKING A WALK!" With that Sully slams the door shut and marches off toward town

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Talking. Gabbing. Debating. Arguing. There's a lot of words for 'sitting around and not getting poo poo done', but Sully caught something in all that useless nonsense that was actually quite relevant. The mandragora was important for weird magic reasons and was why they were sent out in the first place. Rolling this thought around, Sully thinks aloud "Hell, pitchin' that root into the ocean... Yeah!" With that Sully turns and marches out of the library, walks up to the front door of Marco's house , yelling out "MARCO! WHERE ARE YOU!?" and punctuates his shout by kicking the door in!

Athletics to kick in door: 1d20+12 30

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Sully vaguely remembers seeing Marco come up stairs and heads down there, fully intent on kicking down any obstacle to his goal of getting that drat root back.

Athletics to dynamic entry: 1d20+12 30

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Howling with pain and rage, Sully winds up for another earth-shattering blow to the door before pausing for a moment. Thinking it through, Sully continues winding up and once more throws out an incredible kick, this time aimed at the wall! "HEEEERRRRRREEEEEEES SULLY!"

Pardon my dynamic entry: 1d20+12 31
Also Sully's at 40 hp

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 00:18 on May 29, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Grunting in frustration and tripping over the bucket, Sully barely manages to not fall face first into the ground while yanking the bucket off his foot, which he promptly kicks into next week. Spinning to face Alena Sully spits the words at Alena, "Because it ain't right! Tossin' kin to DIE so they can cower an' hide until they gotta do it again! If it isn't stopped, IT'LL ALWAYS BE LIKE THAT. Would you be sayin' 'this how it is' if one a yer brothers was up to get offed for that drat wall? Well I ain't standin' for ANYONE gettin' offed so the rest can hide in holes until they finally keel over an' I don't care what ANYONE has to say otherwise!"

With his piece said Sully approaches the area where the tunnel down would roughly be and begins puzzling out just how he'll power through to it.

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Sully was one of the last heading down the stairs but his pace increased in speed as they passed each mural. When Sariya pushed in and questioned her father Sully pushed forward past everyone else "YA ANSWERED YER OWN QUESTION MARCO! No one's dyin' for yer ward! An' I'm takin' that root and pitchin' it into the ocean or sumthin'! Now where's the root!" with his last demand Sully cracks his knuckles.

Intimidate: 1d20+9 17

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Sully stops when the nausea hits him and slowly shakes his head to dispel the feeling, but hearing the multiple demands made Sully simply smirks. "Here I thought ya were smart, Marco. And Victe I guess but yer more a blind zealot then 'mighty warlock and master o' magic'. At this point even an ol' hound dog would know that I! Am Sullivan Schmidt!" Punctuating his proclamation by thumping his chest with each hand, Sully continues, "Strongest there is! Here or elsewhere! An' I'm sayin' NO one dies for this drat ward, an' there's no way you or yer 'evil' are stoppin' me!"

Perception to spy the mandragora or the keg we stashed it in: 1d20+7 27

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Sully's meaty fist gives Sariya's face a tender embrace. Which is to say Sariya's face is now far more tender then before. Suddenly Sully stops moving, before turning toward Marco again, exhaling every ounce of the foul smoke magically forced into him. "Now ya just gone an' pissed me off." Lunging for Marco Sully stumbles and just shows almost literally the worst showing at grabbing things ever, failing to grab the warlock.

Melee Basic Attack vs AC at Sariya: 1d20+13 19 1d8+6 12 Sariya's domed for 12 damage
Free: Dwarven Scale, Sully heals 12.
Standard: Grappling Strike vs AC at Marco: 1d20+13 18 1d8+6 14
Save vs DominateMad King's Crown: 1d20 20

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 29/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 15
Initiative: +3   	 Ref:  17    Action Points: 1

Dual Strike             [ ] Furious Assault                  [ ] Crushing Foot
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry                 [ ] Dwarven Scale Armor
                        [ ] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists:

Edit:Having been informed that wasn't a dominate, the dice promptly extended a fine middle finger. That 'tude.

ArkInBlack fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Jun 5, 2014

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

"I don't give a SPIT 'bout yer god, fey, WHAT THE HELL EVER!" Sully punctuates his statement with his fist to Marco's gut, continuing he rant as he reels from the blow "Man, bear, fey, tree, spider, dragon, WHATEVER! If they think they can push around Nellen and do what they want then I'll beat 'em 'til they get it! LET'S START WITH YOU!" As Marco turns to say some sort of biting retort Sully punches his face with enough force to spin Marco around. Grabbing Marco's waist Sully hefts him up and performs a might suplex on the robed father, crashing both to the floor. Jumping up to his feet Sully grabs both of Marco's ankles before spinning over, flipping Marco over and bringing Marco into a leg lock. "YOU ain't gonna be walkin' for awhile less ya give, old man! Your call!"

Granted MBA:Melee Basic Attack vs AC at Marky Mark: 1d20+15 33 1d8+6 9
Standard:Grappling Strike vs AC at Marco: 1d20+15 29 1d8+6 11
Move: Forceful Drag, Sully moves to K11 without provoking from Marco, Marco's slid to K10 and prone.
ACTION POINT! Seize and Stab vs Reflex at Marco: 1d20+15 21 2d8+6 12 forgot to apply CA for this one in the roll
Free: Furious Assault Suplex: 1d8 6
Marky Mark takes 38 damage total, is marked by Sully, is grabbed, Prone, and can't attempt escape 'til Sully's next turn is. Non-lethal if this manages to finish him.

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 29/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 15

Dual Strike             [-] Furious Assault                  [ ] Crushing Foot
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry                 [-] Dwarven Scale Armor
                        [-] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Roaring in pain at the psychic explosion, Sully momentarily attempts to drag Marco with him as he moves, but his sudden fel might leaves Sully at a disadvantage. While turning away from Marco Sully notices Lerissa rush into the wide open door, and decides to plug the gap, jumping over the prone figure of Marco to stand in the doorway before turning to face both the warlock and the massive statue. "Come an' have a go, if ya think yer hard enough!"

Standard:Strength to move Marco, vs Fort: 1d20+7 11
Move: Walk to I9, provoking OA from Marco.

pre:
Sullivan Schmidt   						 
HP: 28/51 (THP: )        AC:   22    Passive Insight: 15
Surges: 9/10 (V: 12)     For:  23    Passive Perception: 17

Dual Strike             [-] Furious Assault                  [ ] Crushing Foot
                        [ ] Funneling Flurry                 [-] Dwarven Scale Armor
                        [-] Forceful Drag
                        [ ] Second Wind
                        [ ] Bull Charge
                        [ ] Ghost Mask Ki Focus

Conditionals/Resists:

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

After getting up Sully notices Lerissa's... Arm... Problem. Readying himself in case of some sort of dumb magical bullshit attack from the statue, he was wholly unprepared for the reality. Pointing at the now shut eye Sully's jaw opens and closes a few times before he steels himself and states in an even voice "I sure as poo poo ain't qualified to guess what that was besides not good. Hey Will, you read 'bout crazy poo poo like that before? Oh, jus' tell 'er." Cautiously walking closer to Marco's corpse, Sully shakes his head. Muttering under his breath "Didn' hafta be like this, ya stubborn rear end." Not wanting to provoke the mandragora into screaming, Sully backs off and investigate the statue(?) of what the hell ever killed Marco, trying to intuit how long until it 'woke up' again. Suddenly struck by the thought that having someone on hand who could keep the mandragora quiet would be pretty useful Sully heads for the stairs up before turning and facing the group "Hey, who got saddled with the tree's sister? Where's she at?"

Insight: 1d20+5 19

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

"Yeah, uh, Sis? Jus' take the lil' root with ya? Keep 'im quiet so everyone else can sleep too. An' also not get killed by 'im screamin'. That'd be keen." With that Sully notices Victor approaching the fairly wrecked home of Marco and that Alena's spotted him as well. Catching her eye, "Yanno ya could jus' toss me to tha bears. Not like I haven' beaten that before an' ya could probably convince 'em ya jus' watched. Keep y'all from gettin' in trouble."

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

As Victor hits Lerissa Sully snorts loudly, and as Victor starts to push past him Sully springs into action, bodily shoving Victor back out of the house and onto the ground. Glaring down at the man Sully spits at his feet. "Ya ain't doin' that again, Vic. Lerissa saves 'er sister and that's how ya thank her!? Hell why am I surprised? I know yer trash considerin' ya gave up kin to die for ya! Yer not worth a pig's poo poo! So 'less ya want me to kick yer rear end back to the sty, keep it civil!"

Equal and opposite reaction: 1d20+12 24

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArkInBlack
Mar 22, 2013
Sully

Sully attempts once more to make his point to Lerissa's father and once more his own steps in, the two starting the traditional Schmidt argument mercifully strides away from anyone else. Despite the day's events Sully maintain's his position as best he can, drawing out the airing of difference of opinions to as long as the usual length of his father's stern talks but is ultimately overcome in that he won't be exerting his grievances with Victor in the manner of Schmidts if he didn't want a talking to from his mother.

Content with this for now, Pa relents, releasing Sully from his mighty pin and offers his hand. When Sully accepts he's pulled into an embrace with his father, hesitating only a moment to return it. When the two break from the embrace Pa's the first to use words. "Alright boy, let's go home." Looking to the stunned Lerissa Sully shakes his head "Go on ahead Pa. I'll be behind ya just a minute or two." With that Sully wanders over to Lerissa as the crowd and everyone else disperses.

"Hey, Lerissa... Uh, well, ya saved yer sister, right? Helluva job ya did too, even if someone didn' wanna see it that way." Standing in awkward silence for a little bit Sully exhales slowly before continuing "Well. Can't really just invite ya to stay with us, not exactly sittin' in the best spot with kin. Uh, not like ya or nothin'... Uh..." Glancing around a bit more Sully just pulls his pack off his back and offers it to Lerissa. "It's got some grub, an' a bedroll. I'd bet Sariya wants space, so you have that at least. Now I'm gonna try an' patch what I did to this place up some. Ya won't have far if ya wanna talk or somethin'." With that Sully grabs the wrecked door from the floor and heads down to the stairs down, intending to patch the Sully shaped hole with the clearly wrecked door in hand and use the once warded door to fix the front entrance, if he can.

• Locked thread