Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum takes a moment to listen to the thrum of liquid rushing through the pipes before he picks himself up off the ground. Taking a long look at the door in the hopes that a handle or crack has spontaneously appeared, he steps over and gives it another search, feeling around for any sort of seam or pressure point. Following that, he shuffles his way over to the pipe, picking up and examining the charcoal, while attempting to determine if it might have something to do with the socket in the pipe.

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Apr 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum stands in the center of the platform, setting his staff to ground in front of him. He spends a long time in prayer to Sekja, asking for her guidance. After about ten minutes, he stops, struck with divine inspiration, and makes his way towards the hallway.

Hand of Fate: go South or go West?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum hugs the wall, carefully timing his movements to coincide with the moments the brass beetles are distracted with some maintenance task or another. He quickly, quietly dashes from one column to another, until he can make his way through the door at the other end of the hall.
Stealth: 1d20+17 24

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum starts by rummaging through the toolkit, to see if there's anything useful or that looks vaguely key-like for prying open the chest, opening the door, or even working on the piping in the room with the pyramid.

Perception Check: 1d20+13 19

He then begins looking over the carts, crystal, and screen, poking, prodding, and even pushing. He does his level best to figure out if there's a way the carts could be used as a battering ram or something against that locked door, or if there is some purpose to all this other than confounding him.

Dungeoneering Check: 2d20k1+15 32

Finally, using whatever tools or improvised devises he's found, he takes a perfunctory shot at trying to get the chest open.

Thievery Check: 1d20+8 10

Kardrum speaks Common and Dwarven.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum attempts to carefully smash open the lock on the chest without damaging anything inside.

Strength Check: 1d20+7 17

Not wanting to make a run at sticking his hand into the sealed door quite yet, Kardrum takes a quick look through the door to the east, just to see what's there.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Waiting until the fire dies down, Kardrum picks through the debris to see if anything is recoverable. Not wanting to set off anything else too violent, he decides to take a rain check on the faerie writing, and steps through the door to the east, after sliding the wrench into his belt.

Was travelling, didn't have access to resources and thought I might have something to put out the fire; no dice. Back home now, though.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum cautiously approaches the group, using his staff to lean on, and holding his other hand out and open in a gesture of peace. "Sekja's blessing on you all. I'm Kardrum Giltstaff, and I've been trying to find my way through this place for weeks. I don't suppose you folks know your way around, do you?"

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum attempts to soften his gruff demeanor, and hide his annoyance at Fia's distrust. "I was sent to explore and recover whatever valuable artifacts I could find; it's been many months now, though. The rest of my party was either killed or captured & sold by the Neogi. How fares Sekja's court?"

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum frowns a bit. "I'll thank you not to speak of my lady like that, miss. The princess has our best interests at heart. Our mission was to be one of exploration; I don't think she knew what to expect down here at the time, and I'm sure she didn't mention us because we were all believed lost. And... what is going on with those vents?" Kardrum steps into the room, to try to get a look at the flames shooting out. (J-21)

pre:
Kardrum Giltstaff   						 
HP: 78/84 (THP: 0)       AC:   29    Passive Insight: 30
Surges: 14/14 (V: 30)    For:  31    Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +13   	 Ref:  24    Action Points: [ ]
Speed: 5                 Will: 30    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Dwarven

At Will			Encounter			   Daily
Hand of Radiance        [ ] Dwarven Resilience           [ ] Silent Malediction
Sun Strike              [ ] Armor of Wrath               [ ] Searing Orb
                        [ ] Rebuke Undead                [ ] Fourfold Invocation of Doom
                        [ ] Thunder of Judgment          [ ] Restorative Word
                        [ ] Divine Call                  [ ] Cloak of Displacement (Item) 
                        [ ] Demand Justice               [ ] Diamond Cincture (Item)
                        [ ] Rain of Blood                    
                        [ ] Admonishing Whisper     
                        [ ] Deadly Doubt                   
                        [ ] Sudden Slime
                        [ ] Celerity Jelly
                        [ ] Boots of Eagerness (Item)

Triggers:
Enemy within 5 squares hits Kardrum while not fighting undead: Kardrum uses his Channel Divinity to Armor of Wrath, dealing 1d6+6 radiant damage, and pushing the target two squares
Kardrum attacks an immobilized/slowed target: Kardrum gains combat advantage, and if the attack hits, knocks the target prone.
Kardrum rolls initiative:  Kardrum rolls twice, and takes the higher of the two rolls.
Kardrum begins his turn dazed or stun:  Kardrum may roll a saving throw against the effect, even if the effect doesn't normally allow it.

Item Powers:
Boots of Eagerness (Enc, Minor): Take a move action.
Diamond Cincture (At-Will, Minor): Spend a healing surge. The diamond on the belt is expended until the next extended rest, losing the +1 to Fortitude defense.

Conditionals/Resists:
Resilient Focus: +2 feat bonus to saves
Cast-Iron Stomach: +5 racial bonus to saves vs. poison
Eye of Deception: +2 item bonus to saves vs. effects with the illusion or charm keywords
Encumbered Speed:  Move at normal speed, even when it would normally be reduced by armor or a heavy load.
Stand Your Ground:  When an effect forces movement, Kardrum can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. In addition, when an attack would knock him prone, he can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.
Staff Expertise:  Kardrum's ranged or area attacks using a staff do not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Cloak of Displacement: +2 to AC & Reflex defense until an attack hits one of those defenses; resets each encounter.
Adept's Action:  When Kardrum spends an action point to take an extra action, he gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls with divine powers, and can increase the size of divine blasts or bursts by 1.  These benefits last USOYNT.
Silent Presence:  Creatures cannot perceive Kardrum with blindsight or tremorsense.
Ooze Master 5:  When Kardrum makes a Dungeoneering check, he can roll twice and use either result.
Ooze Master 10:  When Kardrum hits a creature with an acid attack, it grants combat advantage UEOYNT.
Resist Acid 12
Resist Ongoing 6

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum takes a quick look around at the two statues. "I believe that may have been the wrong button." Tossing out a quick trick he'd learned in his time in the Underdark, he doused the statue to his left in a sticky acid, before striking his staff on the ground, and channeling the the divine power of Sekja into blasts of relentless thunder. After his assault on the sentinels, he steps up next to his current allies in an effort to avoid a potential flanking maneuver.

Minor: Sudden Slime (vs. Fort) against the Eastern Obsidian Sentinel: 1d20+19 27 (Miss)
Standard: Thunder of Judgment (vs. Fort) against the Eastern Obsidian Sentinel: 1d20+19 38 (Hit)
Thunder of Judgment (vs. Fort) against the Western Obsidian Sentinel: 1d20+19 27 (Miss)
Thunder damage on Eastern Obsidian Sentinel: 1d6+14 18
The Eastern Obsidian Sentinel takes 18 damage, is dazed and pushed six squares; I'm guessing it only gets pushed one, and probably doesn't care about the fire.
Move: Move to K23

pre:
Kardrum Giltstaff   						 
HP: 78/84 (THP: 6)       AC:   29 (31)  Passive Insight: 30
Surges: 14/14 (V: 30)    For:  31      Passive Perception: 23
Initiative: +13   	 Ref:  24 (26) Action Points: [ ]
Speed: 5                 Will: 30      Vision: Low-Light

[X] Thunder of Judgment          [ ] Restorative Word
                        [ ] Rain of Blood                    
                        [ ] Admonishing Whisper     
                        [ ] Deadly Doubt                   
                        [X] Sudden Slime
                        [ ] Celerity Jelly

Triggers:
Enemy within 5 squares hits Kardrum while not fighting undead: Kardrum uses his Channel Divinity to Armor of Wrath, dealing 1d6+6 radiant damage, and pushing the target two squares
Kardrum attacks an immobilized/slowed target: Kardrum gains combat advantage, and if the attack hits, knocks the target prone.
Kardrum rolls initiative:  Kardrum rolls twice, and takes the higher of the two rolls.
Kardrum begins his turn dazed or stun:  Kardrum may roll a saving throw against the effect, even if the effect doesn't normally allow it.

Item Powers:
Diamond Cincture (At-Will, Minor): Spend a healing surge. The diamond on the belt is expended until the next extended rest, losing the +1 to Fortitude defense.

Conditionals/Resists:
Eye of Deception: +2 item bonus to saves vs. effects with the illusion or charm keywords
Encumbered Speed:  Move at normal speed, even when it would normally be reduced by armor or a heavy load.
Stand Your Ground:  When an effect forces movement, Kardrum can move 1 square less than the effect specifies. In addition, when an attack would knock him prone, he can make a saving throw to avoid falling prone.
Staff Expertise:  Kardrum's ranged or area attacks using a staff do not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Cloak of Displacement: +2 to AC & Reflex defense until an attack hits one of those defenses; resets each encounter.
Adept's Action:  When Kardrum spends an action point to take an extra action, he gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls with divine powers, and can increase the size of divine blasts or bursts by 1.  These benefits last USOYNT.
Silent Presence:  Creatures cannot perceive Kardrum with blindsight or tremorsense.
Ooze Master 5:  When Kardrum makes a Dungeoneering check, he can roll twice and use either result.
Ooze Master 10:  When Kardrum hits a creature with an acid attack, it grants combat advantage UEOYNT.
Resist Acid 12
Resist Ongoing 6

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 22, 2016

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum shouts to William "you know, while you're trying to solve riddles down there, sir, we're being attacked by enormous constructs." Deciding to try to end this quickly, Kardrum tells Fia and Hope "take care of that one first, I can hold this one for a bit," as he uses his staff to call an ethereal rain of blood atop all three.

Standard: Rain of Blood centered on J18, hitting Hope, Fia, and the Eastern Sentinel. RoB at dazed Eastern Sentinel (vs. Fort): 1d20+21 29
Damage vs. Eastern Sentinel: 1d6+15 18
Fia and Hope get +6 to their attack rolls UEOMNT, and the Sentinel gains vulnerable 5 to all damage UEOMNT.
Move: Shift to K22

pre:
Kardrum Giltstaff   						 

[X] Rain of Blood                    
                        [ ] Admonishing Whisper     
                        [ ] Deadly Doubt                   
                        [X] Sudden Slime
                        [ ] Celerity Jelly

Triggers:

Item Powers:

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist Acid 12
Resist Ongoing 6

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Stepping to his left, Kardrum responds "that's what you consider a riddle? That one is easy. THIS IS WHAT A GOD SOUNDS LIKE." Calling forth his divine powers, Kardrum channels them into his voice, assailing the constructs with a psychic attack.

Opportunity attack: Declined
Move: Shift to K21
Standard: Deadly Doubt (vs. Will) against Western Sentinel: 1d20+19 31
Deadly Doubt (vs. Will) against Eastern Sentinel: 1d20+19 22
Deadly Doubt psychic damage to Western Sentinel: 2d8+16 29
The next creature to attack the Western Sentinel gets a +6 power bonus on the attack, and if it's hit BEOMNT, it will be dazed UEO its NT.

pre:
Kardrum Giltstaff   						 

[X] Rain of Blood                    
                        [ ] Admonishing Whisper     
                        [X] Deadly Doubt                   
                        [X] Sudden Slime
                        [ ] Celerity Jelly

Triggers:

Item Powers:

Conditionals/Resists:
Resist Acid 12
Resist Ongoing 6

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum stays fairly quiet while everyone introduces themselves, and recaps where they've been. He fills in some, admitting to his foolishness in setting off the barrels, and is impressed at William's capabilities with the tools and the keypads. Finally, as everyone seems to be discussing the Arc and his threats, he speaks up a little more earnestly: "Pff, I'll be damned if I'm going to let some upjumped golem that's gotten too big for its head tell me what sort of knowledge my lady Sekja is allowed to have. drat his threats; the lot of you seem more capable than those I arrived here with, and I know I've found my legs since I got here. Besides, surviving is for those who have nothing to die for."

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum begins looking around the corridor. "Hmmm... Ms.... Aquifer, was it? What do you mean when you say 'he keeps coming back?' When you slew him, did he return? And what was he like when you fought? More of these electrical abilities?"

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Preparing to hit the diabolical machine with a series of crippling blows, Kardrum gathers power... only to watch in awe as Sully and Hope leap in, unloading on the shocked construct. Redirecting the power, he calls a simple blast of sunlight from on high, saving his energy for Arc's inevitable recovery and reappearance.

Standard: Sun Strike attack on Arc (vs. Ref): 1d20+21 31
Sun Strike damage for Arc: 1d8+14 19
Kardrum elects not to slide Arc

pre:
Kardrum Giltstaff   						 

[ ] Rain of Blood                    
                        [ ] Admonishing Whisper     
                        [ ] Deadly Doubt                   
                        [ ] Sudden Slime
                        [ ] Celerity Jelly

Triggers:

Item Powers:
Shackles of Critical Mass (Daily, Minor): Next Attack deals Ongoing (3 + Primary Class Mod) Fire Damage (Save Ends)

Conditionals/Resists:
Boots of Surging Speed:  When you Second Wind, you may shift two squares.
Resist Acid 12
Shackles of Critical Mass: Resist Fire 15
Resist Ongoing 6

Ham Equity fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Jul 24, 2016

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum begins to brush himself off, realizes he isn't really dirty, then shrugs. Turning to William, he asks "I mean, shouldn't there be some way to finish him off? Can we trap him in something? Or shouldn't there be some kind of source that's the real him that we can destroy?"

He follows the others into the next room.

pre:
Kardrum Giltstaff   						 

[ ] Rain of Blood                    
                        [ ] Admonishing Whisper     
                        [ ] Deadly Doubt                   
                        [ ] Sudden Slime
                        [ ] Celerity Jelly

Triggers:

Item Powers:
Shackles of Critical Mass (Daily, Minor): Next Attack deals Ongoing (3 + Primary Class Mod) Fire Damage (Save Ends)

Conditionals/Resists:
Boots of Surging Speed:  When you Second Wind, you may shift two squares.
Resist Acid 12
Shackles of Critical Mass: Resist Fire 15
Resist Ongoing 6

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum briefly considers the display, then shakes his head, nonplussed. "If Sekja were dead, I'd know it. This is no more convincing than a piece of paper or tablet saying the same thing; Arc is just trying to rattle us, turn us against each other. He could have been listening in on us this whole time, or gotten lots of information from his previous visitors. In any case, I'm with Lucan; let's grab our spoils and go, while the going's good."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Kardrum Giltstaff

Kardrum approaches the Northwestern door, and takes a look through, counting on his low-light vision to let him get a lay of the land.

Perception check for Northwestern room: 1d20+13 29

• Locked thread