Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope glides into the room with Korinna, with a polite nod for the other to go first, keeping perfect step behind. She is somewhat of an oddity, even among a city of Fey, her skin an ashen red, the horns upon her head marking her one of the infernal children of old. She is neither tall, nor short, though far shy of Korinna or Lord Guilhilmes Naan. Hope's motions are precise, neither exaggerated nor subtle, and the peace-tied blade at her side moves as a part of her, and despite the friendly circumstances, she is never far removed from an aura of restrained threat. She takes her seat at the Lord's prompting and waits for him to begin, a neutrally polite expression upon her face.

"Thank you, your Lordship," she murmurs at his offer of tea and tart, taking each and politely nibbling.

After Lord Guilhilmes has finished, she speaks, "By your will, your Lordship, and by her Majesty's command," she pauses for a moment, the precise amount of time to be polite before continuing. "I believe Korinna is more familiar with the area and their peoples, but I have not traveled there, nor do I know their customs. Will I not be a burden upon this task?" The thought of being useless tugs at something in her, and she fidgets, arranging a strand of her white hair behind her horns. After a mortal heart beat, she amends, "I of course defer to your will, your Lordship, and that of her Majesty."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope glides forward at Korinna's introduction, her deep blue robes showing only slight signs of the long journey, and she greets each in turn, offering her hand one by one, "It is a great pleasure to make your acquaintances. Korinna has told me much of you and the fall of the Red Crown along the journey. I am astounded by the tales I have heard of this 'Sullivan the Great,' but each of you is a hero in your own right." Smiling, Hope indicates Korinna with a gesture, "We bring an invitation to be discussed further when we can gather Sullivan and Baron Alena. Are they far from here?"

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope greets Sariya warmly as they settle in for the walk to Dragonswatch. She walks behind them on instinct, letting the friends chat, and catch up after a long absence.

---

As Dragonswatch comes into view, Hope immediately settles into a defensive mindset on pure habit. She begins counting defenders on the wall as they approach, marking minor features to tell the beastly little men apart, and taking stock of their defenses and weapons. While all of these things are likely pointless mental exercises, years of training are hard for her to turn off. She takes stock of the Baron and her lieutenant goblin as they 'argue.' As the goblin tromps off, Hope lets a smile onto her face, knowing that this fort is well run and likely quite well defended if that is how her commander runs things. After Sariya and Lucan have said their peace, Hope steps foward, hoping Korinna will do the same.

"Greetings and good day, Baron Alena D'Montaigne," Hope says with a formal bow, her voice carrying just far enough to be heard by those gathered here. After a brief moment for politeness sake, she continues evenly, "My name is Hope, and I believe you know Korinna already. We bring an invitation, at the request of our Lord Guilhilmes Naan, from Princess Sekja. You, and the heroes of Nellen, are cordially invited to Ralzberg to discuss a mutually beneficial future for these lands. If it would please you, let us retire somewhere private and discuss in greater detail."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope listens to each person in turn, nodding her head to their comments when appropriate, paying keen attention to their concerns. When Lucan has finished his dismissal, she waits four full heartbeats before continuing.

Taking a deep breath, Hope begins in a quiet but direct tone, "First, I must reiterate my congratulations on your slaying of Red Crown. It is a truly masterful accomplishment. One which places you squarely in the realm of threatening to various Fey lords and organizations helmed by Fey lords," she lets the emphasis hang with a brief pause.

"As William has so correctly surmised, you've painted a target on yourselves. Few Fey lords are comfortable with mortals rising against them, or their peers. Problems will come to Dragonswatch and Nellen. And they may not be as gentle as Red Crown and his kind. Instead of the fires that ravaged your town, you may find an army of very cruel fey, under a Fey lord who will make Red Crown look like a human sympathizer, just to set an example. Your deaths will not be swift; you will be ground under their boots to serve as an example of what comes of mortal hubris," at the utterance of the last, a darkness passes behind Hope's eyes and she looks far older than she has since you met her bright and shining on the road to Dragonswatch.

After a moment the shadow passes, and Hope looks at Lucan meaningfully, "Lucan, I can understand your... fierceness. Long before any of you were born, I stood against such Fey lords after a lifetime of tyranny. And still we were crushed because we did not have enough true allies. We know this is not a light thing to ask of you," her look includes all those present, "but you must understand that joining Ralzberg means that its protection extends to your lands. You must understand that when the enemies of fine upstanding mortals like yourselves come crashing into your lives it will be not merely be your own swords and spells that will protect your lands, but the swords, spears and spells of the greater Ralzberg alliance come to hold sacred that oath. Enemies will think twice before making examples of you and your families because of the might this oath would signify," she grips the arms of her chair tightly, the wood creaking under the assault, "and if I must enforce that oath alone, I will do so gladly for these lands or any allies of Ralzberg."

Taking a moment, Hope rights her hair which has become disarrayed by her emphatic speaking. She continues more softly, "Knighthood to the Princess is not what you imagine. You will not be her slaves. Knighthood is simply a way to confer status and authority among her citizens. You will be free to refuse her wishes, or to chart your own course, should you believe doing so is in the alliance's best interests. I still advise taking the counsel of her and any of her advisors, but I can assure you, it is not the binding chains you seem to believe it is."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

--Back in Alena's home--
Hope smiles with a surprising warmth at Maribeth's comments, "Don't think I don't see the irony in it. If I hadn't lived through it, I'd laugh at the person telling me the story. As to your son, well, I suspect we both have difficulty finding men capable of handling women with as much... verve as you and I." The grin splitting her face is positively unsettling.

------

--At the gates and Will's--
At the sight of Bartholomew tethered to a wagon, Hope makes an involuntary motion across her body towards her sword before stopping herself with a muttered oath. She gives the ashmane a wide berth, following along by foot, as they make their way to Will's home.

As they approach, Hope watches the leafy creature playing with wary curiosity. As it runs up to the cat beast and Will she relaxes, sensing that if it were a threat the ashmane would have probably made some indication. She lightly smiles at the antics of the child as the elder Baker clan files out. Hope politely introduces herself if the opportunity presents itself, but does not intrude otherwise.

The entrance of Father Schmidt prompts a started look to Korinna and a whispered, "Does the Schmidt family just grow musclebound heroes?" while the older man speaks to his son.

Hope expects Sully's comments, and after he's had a moment to get it all out, she chimes in politely with a raised finger, "Last time, if what I have been told is true, you left a sleepy hamlet and the Crown fell upon it while you were away. This time you leave a far more established town and keep capable of mounting a defense. I'm not trying to make light of the threats I've indicated could come your way, but Nellen is hardly the Nellen that was attacked before. And should you accept the arrangement the Princess offers you will find Nellen defended by more than your troops here in such an event. To say nothing of the pledges Korinna and I have made for your safety, and that of this land."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Seeing Sully's graceful sneaking play out, but unable to intervene in time, Hope takes several steps into the clearing, in full view. At Sully's tactful, "Th hell ya lookin' at?" she takes a deep breath, keeping her hands at her sides, and tries to redirect the gathered tieflings' attention to herself. Diplomacy: 1d20+7 23

"We are not a threat to you, unless you want to make us one. We can all be on our way, and none of you need be injured by our passing."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope
"I agree, girlie..."

Something dies in Hope's eyes while the leader continues his pointless exchange, and Korinna attempts to reason with him. Whatever light shined there a moment ago gutters and burns out. The air around her grows cold and sharp, like an old grave on a winter night. She is perfectly still, save for her lips. The words, "Tsk. Spoiled children," pass them in a tone somehow empty of all life.

In less time than it takes for the sound of her words to reach him, Hope crosses the intervening space, her sword flashing into her hands with a fluidity not unlike water. It slashes in an arc from his hip to his collarbone, and the very air around her crackles from the shockwave of the blow. In a relaxed, almost casual, motion she flicks his tainted, undeserving blood upon the ground, her blade shining cleanly as she raises it for her next attack. "I will not mourn your death."

Iaijutsu to L11 (approved via Doomy), Blade of Repulsion vs AC: 1d20+18 37 3d12+10 38

pre:
Hope   						 
HP: 88/88 (THP: 0)       AC:   25    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 9/9 (V: 22)      For:  22    Passive Perception: 25
Initiative: +16   	Ref:  24    Action Points: 1
Speed: 7                 Will: 26    Vision: Low-Light
Languages: Common, Goblin

At Will			Encounter			     Daily
Bond of Pursuit         [ ] Oath of Enmity                 [ ] Aspect of Might
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Angelic Alacrity               [ ] Bond of Foresight
                        [ ] Abjure Undead*                 [x] Blade of Repulsion
                        [ ] Divine Guidance                [ ] Honorable Resolve
                        [ ] Second Wind                    [ ] Avenger's Readiness
                        [ ] Deathly Retort                 [ ] Belt of Sonnlinor's Righteousness (Item)
                        [ ] Blade Step                     [ ] Torc of Justice (Item)
                        [x] Iaijutsu                       [ ] Antipathy Gloves (Item)
                        [ ] Dark Reaping                   
                        [ ] Deliverance of Faith
                        [ ] SM Honor Blade (Item)
                        [ ] Boots of Sand & Sea (Item)

Triggers:
Initiative Rolled: Hope slides 4 squares toward most threatening enemy, if ending adjacent to any enemy gain +2 attack against that enemy before EONT.
Takes 25+ damage: Once per encounter, if enemy is within 20, Hope uses Deathly Retort, +16 vs Fort; on hit, enemy takes same damage as necrotic.

Item Powers:
Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade (Enc, Free): Trigger: Hit enemy with attack using weapon, gain +2 Power Bonus to Defs vs. enemy UEONT.
Boots of Sand & Sea (Enc, Free): Gain +5 Athletics to swim.
Belt of Sonnlinor's Righteousness (Daily, No Action): Trigger: Reduced to 0 by attack, attacker takes same damage, no save.
Torc of Justice (Daily, Minor): Bloodied allies within 5 gain 10 THP.
Antipathy Gloves (Daily, Standard): Ranged 10 attack, +13 vs. Reflex; on hit, target is restrained (save ends).

Conditionals/Resists:
Undead: Hope is considered both a living creature, and an undead creature for any effects.
Unnatural Vitality: When reduced to 0 HP or less, Hope is instead dazed until failing 2 death saves.
Resist All: 10 when at 0 HP or less.
+2 AC when bloodied.
+2 all saves when bloodied.
+2 all defenses against OAs.
Reduce non-minion enemy to 0 HP: Hope gains 8 THP.
Antipathy: Enemies must spend 1 extra square of movement to enter squares adjacent to Hope.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

With a motion of her sword, Hope fixes the head tiefling firmly in her mind, assuming a dueling stance that is a natural to her as breathing is to most. In doing so, she makes the area around her hostile to her enemies, and small crystals of ice can be seen forming along the ground she occupies. Using William's little distraction, she quickly pivots backwards, gaining better footing and twirls her sword in an arc aiming to decapitate the impudent child who dares to call himself Devil blooded, and with a final motion, brings her blade around to slash at his legs, the ice grasping at him, biting into his bones looking for a hold. Should he believe he can run, he may find she is not so easily shaken. Should he stay, he will find escape that much harder when his thick skull realizes he is already dead.

(OOC as a list because drat:
  • Avenger's Readiness on Init roll, but I'm right where I want to be.
  • Iaijutsu's turn 1 benefit now in effect per Doomy, +2 first attack, crits on 18-20.
  • Oath of Enmity on Bossfling as a minor
  • Shift 1 away and back from William's slide to proc the free MBA - Overwhelming Strike (Oathed) vs AC: 1d20+20 26 1d20+20 39 - I'll take the 19(39) for a turn 1 crit, maxed damage is 1d12+10 22 + Bonus damage for crit on MBA vs. Bossfling: 3d8+1d12+1d6 24 +5 from Painful Oath (+wis on first hit against oathed) clocking him for a 51 damage MBA.
  • Action: Bond of Pursuit (Oathed) vs AC: 1d20+18 34 1d20+18 22 - using the 16(34), hitting for 1d12+10 another 15.)
  • If he doesn't end his turn adjacent to me, I can shift 5 towards him as a free action.
  • Next person to miss a daily against Bossfling gets Divine Guidance, making the attack roll again use either result.
  • Reminder that due to Turn 1 Blade of Repulsion, any enemy that isn't the Bossfling that ends adjacent to me is slid 3 away from me at the end of its move, and if the Bossfling ends adjacent he is slowed until EONT. In addition, entering squares adjacent to me willingly costs 1 extra move for enemies.
  • Down convert move for another minor, using Deliverance of Faith, gaining 22 THP.
)

pre:
Hope   						 
HP: 88/88 (THP: 22)      AC:   25    Passive Insight: 20
Surges: 8/9 (V: 22)      For:  22    Passive Perception: 25

Bond of Pursuit         [x] Oath of Enmity                 [ ] Aspect of Might
Overwhelming Strike     [ ] Angelic Alacrity               [ ] Bond of Foresight
                        [p] Divine Guidance                [ ] Honorable Resolve
                        [ ] Dark Reaping                   
                        [x] Deliverance of Faith

Triggers:
Initiative Rolled: Hope slides 4 squares toward most threatening enemy, if ending adjacent to any enemy gain +2 attack against that enemy before EONT.
Takes 25+ damage: Once per encounter, if enemy is within 20, Hope uses Deathly Retort, +16 vs Fort; on hit, enemy takes same damage as necrotic.

Item Powers:
Sentinel Marshal Honor Blade (Enc, Free): Trigger: Hit enemy with attack using weapon, gain +2 Power Bonus to Defs vs. enemy UEONT.
Belt of Sonnlinor's Righteousness (Daily, No Action): Trigger: Reduced to 0 by attack, attacker takes same damage, no save.
Antipathy Gloves (Daily, Standard): Ranged 10 attack, +13 vs. Reflex; on hit, target is restrained (save ends).

Conditionals/Resists:
Undead: Hope is considered both a living creature, and an undead creature for any effects.
Unnatural Vitality: When reduced to 0 HP or less, Hope is instead dazed until failing 2 death saves.
+2 AC when bloodied.
Antipathy: Enemies must spend 1 extra square of movement to enter squares adjacent to Hope.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 25, 2015

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

With a grunt, Hope is pulled away from her intended victim as some mewling child chatters about knights or some drivel. With a deft stride, she's back in the thick of it, before driving her blade into the leader's guts, and with a vicious grin she extricates the blade, tearing his meaty entrails with her. Another flick of the blade and it shines like a gleaming star, impossibly free of gore.

She swivels, her eyes locking with the lonesome drummer, and in that moment the deathly chill from around the leader fades, settling on her newest victim in waiting. The weight of the leader's death clings to Hope's sword as she weaves between darting attacks to stand alone against the drummer, her sword flashing downwards in a murderous stroke, "I have not forgotten you, child."

(Once more OOC as a list:
  • Immediate Interrupt - end of enemy turn: Relentless Stride, teleporting to J12 - Relentless Stride vs AC: 1d20+16 26 1d20+16 24 - using the 10(26) to hit his AC for 1d12+10 19 + 5 from painful oath for 24 damage.
  • Standard: Overwhelming Strike vs AC: 1d20+16 29 1d20+16 33 - 17(33) works nicely, for another 1d12+10 16 +5 from painful oath, or 21 damage.. Dropped.
  • Minor: Drummer is now my Oath target.
  • Free: Dark Reaping (+1d8+2) on my next attack.
  • AP: Angelic Alacrity - slide to G13 (*just*) - Angelic Alacrity vs AC: 1d20+18 31 1d20+18 22 - 13(31) works - 2d12+10+1d8+2 33 + 2 (Torc of Justice) for 35 damage.
  • Free: Sentinel Marshal Blade - Hope has +2 All Defs vs. Drummer EOMNT.
  • Hope is now phasing and insubstantial until EOMNT.)

pre:
Hope   						 
HP: 88/88 (THP: 11)      AC:   25    Passive Insight: 20

Overwhelming Strike     [x] Angelic Alacrity               [ ] Bond of Foresight
                        [p] Divine Guidance                [ ] Honorable Resolve
                        [x] Relentless Stride              [x] Avenger's Readiness
                        [ ] Second Wind                        
                        [x] Dark Reaping                   
                        [x] Deliverance of Faith

Triggers:

Item Powers:

Conditionals/Resists:
+2 AC when bloodied.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 28, 2015

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope takes a step to follow her quarry, effortlessly connecting another cut with the already wounded Tiefling. As she does, blades of ice form around the drummer's feet, ready to punish her should she attempt to leave her fate.

• Move: Step forward into G14.
  • Action: Bond of Pursuit vs AC: 2#1d20+18 25 - hits - 20 1d12+10 11. - Avenging Resolution: 1-2s on damage dice are treated as 3s - +5 from Painful Oath 18 damage.
  • Bond of Pursuit: If the drummer tries to flee again, I can follow and she'll regret it.

pre:
Hope   						 
HP: 88/88 (THP: 11)      AC:   25    Passive Insight: 20

Overwhelming Strike     [x] Angelic Alacrity               [ ] Bond of Foresight
                        [x] Divine Guidance                [ ] Honorable Resolve
                        [ ] Second Wind                        
                        [x] Dark Reaping                   
                        [x] Deliverance of Faith

Triggers:

Item Powers:

Conditionals/Resists:
+2 AC when bloodied.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

As a wall of ice and sleet crashes on her, Hope raises her sword arm and much of it simply misses her, instead falling through her shimmery form. Her opponent does not share that fate, and gurgles in a pool of icy blood. At the commotion from behind, Hope spins, only to find herself assaulted by waves of nothingness that pin her to the ground, savaging her body like a thousand beating staves. All seems lost.

Red fingers whiten as they tighten around her sword, and with a gleaming rictus smile, Hope pulls herself bodily towards the screaming terror in wicked feral dress who hews through her new friends. "We do not fear you," she intones as her blade finds purchase in the snarling creature's calf muscle. With a pop, Hope's crawling form disappears...

... only to wink back into existence above the masked tiefling who sent his invisible force against her, and with a twirl that sends her robes fluttering, she lands on her feet raising her sword for the next slash, "but you will learn to fear us." The words seem to tighten around the masked tiefling like a noose.

• Move: Crawl to L11
  • Action: Blade Step vs AC on Bossfling: 1d20+18 37 2d12+10 19 damage.
  • Hit: Teleport 10 to 1 square above P13. Falling 10 feet.
  • Fall Damage vs Hope: 1d10 7
  • Free: Acrobatics vs Fall damage: 1d20+15 24 - Hope reduces falling damage by 12, and lands on her feet in P13.
  • Minor: Oath of Enmity on Masked Tiefling.
  • EOT: Saving Throw vs. Slowed: 1d20 19
  • Repulsion back in play, any enemies that aren't the Masked Tiefling ending a move adjacent to me are pushed 3. Also require 1 additional square to move adjacent to me. If the Masked Tiefling ends adjacent he is slowed.

pre:
Hope   						 
HP: 84/88 (THP: 0)      AC:   25    Passive Insight: 20

[x] Blade Step                     [ ] Torc of Justice (Item)
                        [ ] Second Wind                        
                        [x] Dark Reaping                   
                        [x] Deliverance of Faith
                        [x] SM Honor Blade (Item)

Triggers:

Item Powers:

Conditionals/Resists:
+2 AC when bloodied.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 06:49 on May 3, 2015

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

"Is this your best, then? This is your vaunted 'power', child?" Implacably, Hope strides forward, her step never altering, but the repeated thrusts of the tiefling aggressors cannot find purchase in her, "You believe yourselves the victors because you have drawn blood?"

With a casualness borne of years of practice, Hope's sword flashes past the defensive motions of the Masked tiefling, striking him twice with shallow cuts, "You believe yourselves warriors because you have picked up a spear," her sword continues to dart into his missed guards, excising further shallow gouges along his arms and shoulders, "You believe yourselves men because you have left apron strings?" Hope's last cut splits the mask just enough to draw blood from the face beneath, "You believe yourselves ready? Show me then.

His blood still upon her sword, she motions him forward with the blade, "Show me you are ready to die for this."

Move: to Q11, ignoring the two provokes. Heh.
Action: Bond of Foresight vs Maskfling AC: 1d20+18 35 2d12+10 30 + 5 Painful Oath = 35 Damage - When the Bossfling hits me, misses me or shifts, he provokes an opportunity attack from me (save ends). Repulsion still in effect.

pre:
Hope   						 
HP: 65/88 (THP: 0)      AC:   25    Passive Insight: 20

[*]Overwhelming Strike  [x] Angelic Alacrity               [x] Bond of Foresight
                        [ ] Second Wind                        
                        [x] Dark Reaping                   
                        [x] Deliverance of Faith

Triggers:

Item Powers:

Conditionals/Resists:
+2 AC when bloodied.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 06:23 on May 6, 2015

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

As the Masked Tiefling finally mans up, Hope is prepared for his assault, and her blade opens another wound in his side. His punch hits her harder than she anticipated, and she is sent backwards several paces, finally skidding to a stop.

"Good. You've finally decided to die for this. I'm happy to oblige." She starts forward.

The ineffectual under-tieflings charge at her and after the last lands a solid blow into her ribcage, Hope stops, her head turning back to stare at him. An intense feeling of disappointment washes over him, eating away at his soul.

Hope finishes the stride towards her target and with a single, final downward stroke, drives his mewling corpse into the ground with her sword.

Her eyes slowly side to the tiefling beside her. "Are you next?"

Interrupt: MBA when attacked by Maskfling: Overwhelming Strike vs AC: 1d20+18 27 1d12+10 20
Interrupt on another turn: Deathly Retort vs. Tiefling Charger that crit me for 20 - Deathly Retort vs Fortitude: 1d20+16 29 20 20
Move: to P10
Standard: Aspect of Might vs Aspect of Might vs AC: 2#1d20+18 31 28 3d12+10 32 - Maskfling DIES
Minor: Oath on Tiefling @ O12.

pre:
Hope   						 
HP: 35/88 (THP: 0)      AC:   2527    Passive Insight: 20

Bond of Pursuit         [x] Oath of Enmity                 [x] Aspect of Might
[*]Overwhelming Strike  [x] Angelic Alacrity               [x] Bond of Foresight
                        [x] Deathly Retort                 [ ] Belt of Sonnlinor's Righteousness (Item)
                        [ ] Second Wind                        
                        [x] Dark Reaping                   
                        [x] Deliverance of Faith

Triggers:

Item Powers:

Conditionals/Resists:
+2 AC when bloodied.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 22:21 on May 8, 2015

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

As the remaining tiefling's throw down their arms, Hope takes a moment to clean her blade before sliding it back into her scabbard. The aura of menace and intensity around her fades, almost shrinking her to the naked eye. Seeing that the hostages are being tended to, Hope decides the last thing they will want to see is another tiefling, savior or not. She visits each of the slain raiders, kneeling and saying a prayer briefly, before rising and dusting her robes of the dirt and grass she accumulates in her rounds.

She listens briefly to the conversation Korinna and her new friends are having with the erstwhile hostages, wanting so desperately to be anything but the horned monster she knows she is, before finding her way into the ruined temple after Sariya.

Once inside, she finds Sariya's light and calls out, making herself known, but not approaching the witch. She leans against the wall a short distance away, meditating on the battle, keeping an eye out for anything that might attack Sariya, or be worth looking at.

Perception: 1d20+16 33 - Hope has low-light vision, so she stands at the edge of Sariya's light source, but watches everything in the extended radius.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Watching Sariya leave, Hope ignites her sunglobe, an ancient artifact her father gave her before she left many years ago. The room is bathed in a warm orange glow. She uses a bit of water from her supply with a clean cloth to wash her hands briefly. Walking towards the statue of the Heavenly Kitten, she rests the globe atop his alter before kneeling, gathering her robe beneath her knees and lowering her head.

"I do not know your Mistress well, feline friend, but I know that she loves beauty as does my long lost Patron," the capital is plain from her tone, "I believe they may have even been dear friends.before the Green if my recollection of scattered readings are true. Perhaps more, if I believe the adventurous tales," Hope smirks before coughing and continuing in a more serious tone.

"To you, eternal guardian, I offer the sun. It is one of the few things I possess, but I entrust it to you. You will make sure it is safe long after my bones are dust," she gestures at the sunglobe.

"To your Mistress, I am afraid I have no great love, nor person to whom I hold dear, but I would be honored to offer Her the same as I offer my Patron. My sword is my art, and with it I create beauty. Perhaps my work will spare young lovers, who will find their way under your care. If you will have me, I would use it in Her name, as well as His."

Religion: 1d20+11 24

Mortify fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 16, 2015

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope spends the remainder of the evening in the temple praying to Sehanine and Corellon. Shelter is shelter afterall.

--NEXT DAY--

Hope emerges from the temple ruins with a gemstone cat upon her shoulder. It looks made of garnet or fire opal depending on how the sunlight hits it, but it is clearly animate, though not alive in the traditional sense. Which suits her just fine. She strings Barbra's necklace of teeth around her throat, daring any of the prisoners to say something. As she does, the animate feline seems to take her mood and shines menacingly at the prisoners, vibrating in a little growl.

"Shall we be off then? We shouldn't be too far now, and I'd very much like a proper bed underneath me tonight."

Later, at Ralzberg... Hope strides forward and opens her arms to frame the immense city to the travelers, "Welcome all, to Ralzberg! Largest city on this side of the world, and seat of our Royal Host. It is wonderful to be back, isn't it Korinna?" Hope is positively bursting with energy at being home.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope lets the conversation of slavery pass with Korinna's involvement. As abhorrent as it is, it is almost too old and too established to fall in her mind, and the works of Lord Naan and the Princess in reducing the practice are enough to keep her placated. Even if she would take a sword to every slaver alive given just a touch of leeway.

---

Hope presses a single gold coin into the hands of the boy, holding him with her gaze, "We will consider Dame Ikora's request, young one. Now run along and buy yourself something sweet." As he runs off she suppresses a feeling of intense pity. Devil-blooded of his generation were born into the curse, and will never know just what they have lost.

"If we wish, Ikora is far from the worst place these men might find themselves. I would like to cut their tongues out first, but we must all make compromises." She delivers the line in a monotone, and gives no indication if she is serious about their tongues or just speaking humorously.

---

Hope makes her way carefully towards the offices of Lord Naan, avoiding the grass as is the custom of her homeland. She nods at servants she recognizes from her time here, pausing to have one she knows well ready a bath for her when she has finished with Lord Naan. The marks of travel upon her are considerably greater than she anticipated at the start of this journey.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 23:27 on May 21, 2015

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Before walking into Lord Naan's presence, Hope leaves her travel boots at the appropriate spot, stepping lightly in the garden to present herself and Korinna with a formal bow, "Lord Naan, your praise is well received, but it is merely as we were tasked."

"May I present Ser Sullivan the Great, Champion of Nellen. Ser William the Just, Esteemed Scholar of Nellen," she indicates each with a polite gesture, pausing to give her Lord time to familiarize himself with the newcomers. She stumbles only briefly over Sariya and Lucan, unlikely that any but the most astute would even notice the hesitation.

"May I also present Ser Sariya, the Daughter of Winter, and Ser Lucan of the Wild Woods," she congratulates herself on their titles, feeling it only appropriate in light of their deeds.

"Ser Alzherad sends them as her representatives in this matter for Dragonswatch. Korinna and I have assured them that our intentions, your intentions, and those of her Highness are all on the up-and-up, and that within Ralzberg they shall receive our personal guarantee to their safety."

Hope bows once more, realizing the gesture is not required of her to Lord Naan, but protocol and habit are harsh chains to break. Her crystal cat takes the opportunity to hop off her shoulder and nuzzle into her stationary feet.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope's eyes grow wide as saucers, and if she still could flush, her skin would be red with embarrassment. To think these... cretins... would come into Lord Naan's presence, and with neither rhyme nor reason, act this way, spurn his hospitality and accuse him of duplicity, slavery and callous disregard for life! She bows lower even than previously, her torso parallel to the ground with arms fixed squarely to her sides.

"Your forgiveness, my Lord. I have assured our guests of your intentions, and Her Highness's, but I take full responsibility for their tone and the way they have treated you. If you ask it, I will accept punishment for their actions, and their words."

When Naan passes the sack of coins, Hope accepts it without fully raising from her bow, eyes still downcast, "It will be as you say, my Lord. I bankrupt myself leaving Ralzberg before and regret I was only able to free 2 slaves. With this, I will endeavor to free the Neogi of his entire supply."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope intercedes, placing herself ever-so-slightly in front of Sariya's aim, "I'm afraid I'm going to have to insist that we don't go frost bombing other guests, Sariya. To say nothing of the damage it might cause, I'm sure the ambassador would not appreciate the depth of your skill in this. But, you might still help."

She pitches her voice to address the manatee, "Perhaps the Ambassador would enjoy a refreshing bath at the hot spring fountain? Perhaps my companion could even turn the water a few shades cooler for you?"

Hope glances between the manatee and the young girl, hoping that either the giant can be reasoned with, or that the girl can settle him down and stop terrifying the maids.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope lets much of the friction between Sully, William, Sariya and "Walt" pass without a word. She raises her finger to redirect them a few times, but does not need to interrupt, seeing that Kiwi seems at least as intent as she is on keeping things peaceful. A small smile passes Hope's features as the young girl tosses Walt's weapon into the baths.

When she finds herself the subject of praise suddenly, she shakes her head slightly to refocus.

"Ser Rayleigh, Ser Kiwi, you do us too much honor. We are humble knights to Lord Naan and Her Majesty, not worthy of your praise." She performs a full bow, the same she provided to Lord Naan earlier when shamed by her charges, arms fixed to her sides and body parallel to the ground.

"These are not our squires, but the Heroes of Nellan and Dragonswatch, the youths that stood up to the Red Crown and unseated him. They are here as ambassadors for Baron D'Montaigne of Dragonswatch. Despite their youthful exuberance, I assure you they are stalwart warriors all. Sullivan the Great," Hope indicates the burly man who nearly wrestled with Walt, "threw a Gorgon at the Red Crown. Not a piece of a Gorgon, the whole metal thing." She says it placidly, letting the asymmetry between her words and tone convey the magnitude of the deed.

"William the Just is an accomplished scholar, and warrior himself," she indicates sheepish William, "to say nothing of his companions, Lucan the Swift and Sariya, a sorceress of great skill," Hope finishes with polite gestures to each in turn. After a slight pause she continues, "Forgive me, I am rambling. I hope you will take my word for their prowess."

Hope smiles pleasantly, hands clasped in front of herself, continuing after another minor pause for politeness, "Now if you will please excuse me, my old bones are begging for a good soak."

She bows deeply to Ser Rayleigh and Ser Kiwi, then only slightly less to her companions before walking towards the women's bath.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 6, 2015

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Once inside the women's changing area, Hope disrobes and folds it carefully, laying her clothes aside before moving deeper in and sinking in to the inviting water. As the others file in, she wordlessly moves further back, not shying away from them, but courteously allowing them to have appreciable room for their own bathing.

At Kiwi's question, Hope unabashedly rises from the water, to allow the scar's entire length to be exposed. Raising her left arm, she reaches under it to gesture at the one Kiwi indicated, tracing it lightly with her index finger.

"This one? Why yes, it hurt a great deal. This one I received before the End," the proper title is evident from the weight of the word as she says it, "from a fomorian's axe. I mistook the gaping wound I had opened in his side for fatal, and he repaid me in kind. This one here," she indicates another scar perpendicular to the previous, just north of her hips, "I earned many years later while fighting men sent to kill me," she smirks ever so slightly, "they did not realize the futility of that goal."

Hope suddenly sinks back into the water, letting her arm fall with her, the red skin of her cheeks flushing ever so slightly.

"Forgive me, Ser Kiwi, I could tell stories for hours yet, but you do not want to hear an old woman gab. Come here, let me wash your back with that soap, and we may at least share stories."

---

Hope arrives to dinner slightly before the others in a perfectly pressed white kimono, with a beautiful image of a scaled red beast ringing the bottom along the hem. She carries her sword in the crimson sash at her waist, but the hilt has been wrapped several times in a red twine to keep it from being drawn.

She awaits the group before entering, bowing formally to each as they arrive, and then again deeply to Lord Naan inside. She waits for him to indicate where she should stand by deferentially awaiting him seating the rest.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

At the comment about Dolos and 'the best thing she could do', Hope softly says, "I'm sure you are far more capable than that," but otherwise stays quiet as the woman talks, doing her part by scrubbing Kiwi's back as promised. She smiles back at Kiwi with the nutters comment, "For my part, I haven't known a time without fighting. It is a miracle we're all still alive... well... close enough."

Satisfied with her handiwork, Hope begins scooping water to rinse Kiwi, adding, "I would love to continue hearing of your homeland and exploits, even if you insist you have none, after this evening's dinner. If you are free of your duties, meet me in the courtyard just beyond here and I will show you the palace grounds while we talk. I'm afraid I must go freshen up, as much as I'd like to take up residence in these baths."

Hope rises from the water, securing a towel to dry herself, and waves at all the gathered ladies one last time before dressing in the simple robe the maids have left and making her way back to her apartments to get properly dressed and groomed for this evening's dinner.

---

Abashedly, Hope takes a seat when Lord Naan offers it, pulling her sword from the sash to rest it against the table at her left hand. She watches attentively as he presents gifts to her companions, wincing only slightly at Sully's rebuke, and letting out a soft breath of relief when Sariya does not join him in discourtesy.

Realizing that should they treat the Princess as unkindly as they have at different points treated Lord Naan, then they will most likely be in for a great deal of discomfort, Hope leans forward and whispers quietly after catching the attention of her companions, "Please, I entreat you to be civil and polite this evening. I realize that much of this is still... unusual to you... but we are not your enemies, nor is Her Majesty or His Lordship... but you are ambassadors from your land, and should act the part. I am not asking you to bow and scrape, merely be receptive and listen to what she has to say."

She leans back in her chair, wound up and terrified of the evening to come. This could go very badly, very quickly...

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope pretends to eat while the young bicker with the Princess. Was she so fiery and brash in her youth? Her memories told her she was, but it still seemed impossible that they were willfully ignoring the potential future the Princess was offering them. True, they might put up a drat fine show and fight her forces if she chose to press the issue of their sovereignty. But could they put up that show for ten years? Twenty? Two hundred? Time was immaterial to the Fey, and if they decided to take a prize, they merely had to wait the eyeblink for the mortals to die and swoop back to see if their children were as determined. Children raised on warfare were often amendable to sincere offers of peace, and even if they weren't, another generation offered another possible toe-hold. Ad infinitum.

The Princess was offering them not exactly parity, but the chance to be part of the ruling body. Not quite peers, but trusted nobility in the kingdom she was trying to consolidate. The mere thought of a Fey resorting to including mortals was enough to show the importance of what the Princess was trying to accomplish.

Hope's ears perk at the mention of the Neogi slavers, her fingers unconsciously reaching to touch her sword, laying against the table on her left.

She clears her throat and very politely asks into the silence, "Your Highness, if I may inquire as to the 'half-assed bandits' we remanded into custody earlier? They surrendered when it was clear that further combat would only end in their deaths, but they have committed a litany of crimes against the crown, and against your emissaries. Has their fate been decided?"

Hope waits a moment, trying to gauge the reaction of the Princess at her words, and after a pause that would be considered the height of rudeness in her own culture, but passes for a long silence here, she continues.

"And further, can you elaborate on the joint mission you spoke of?"

While none in the room would think anything of her pause, her tone, or her posture, Hope seems to take note of them and bows her head, "Your forgiveness, Highness."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope eyes the tiefling servant as she continues to pick at her meal, "If your majesty has any trouble with her new servants, I offer to disabuse them of their... temerity."

At the mention of Doctor Borre, Hope thinks back, but does not come up with anything that is helpful.

"I'm afraid I am not, your majesty. Can you enlighten us?"

---

*History 7

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

As the princess departs, Hope waits a deferential period of time before rising slowly, picking up her sword and tucking it behind her sash again. She bows with murmured apologies at the remaining assembled guests, particularly low to Fia, Dolos, and Naan, before leaving the room.

Once out of sight, she breathes a heavy sigh of relief that no one was maimed or killed for temerity. Hope was fairly sure it was about to come to that a number of times. Composing herself, she finds her way to the courtyard she asked Kiwi to meet her at after dinner. Once there, she kicks off her geta on the paving stones and finds a rock to sit and meditate upon. She places her sword on the grass in front of her, hiking up her kimono enough that she may seat herself in a proper kneel on the stone, letting her mind drift while she waits.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope smiles at her sly company, patiently ignoring the minor bombardment, "I am glad you came. I admit, I was not sure you would."

In a smooth motion she rises, bringing her sword with her, and in the same motion tucks it behind her sash as she rights her clothing. Hope carefully walks to her geta, slipping them on, "I believe it is your turn to tell me a story, Ser Kiwi. I will show you a beautiful terrace to rival this beautiful night and your beautiful company."

Hope offers her arm as a proper escort would.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope raps Kiwi lightly on the forehead with her knuckles, "Nonsense. There is no such thing as being too nice, silly," and using the distraction, hooks Kiwi's arm in hers and begins walking.

"Surely you must have a story of your time with Ser Dolos, Ser Rayleigh and," Hope wrinkles her nose, "...Ser... Walter. You needn't be shy around me."

Hope will take Kiwi to a balcony with a beautiful view, ideally looking towards the countryside around Ralzberg, but is in no rush.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope listens intently as Kiwi speaks, both for that, and to hear more of Fia, "Tell me more of this disaster. I do not believe I have heard this story!" Hope's smile is genuine, and she hops up on the railing to listen to Kiwi further, offering her hand down to secure Kiwi a spot if she wishes it.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

"Ah," the single sound escapes Hope's throat. somewhere between a wounded animal and a startled one. She falls to land on her rump, feet hanging over the edge of the balcony, with none of her characteristic grace or decorum, her hands only catching the railing at the last moment and preventing utter disaster. Her carefully arranged hair comes loose, falling to shade her face, though the horns prevent it from being entirely obscured.

"I am afraid my memory... is not what it used to be," Hope smiles faintly, ruefully, her gaze still on the countryside below, though her eyes are unfocused, looking inward, "Though that explains a great deal," She pats the railing at her side, urging Kiwi to take a seat while she talks, as much for herself as for her companion.

"I have spoken around this, with such great care, because my kind is not always appreciated. You have given me another piece of my history, and for that I can never repay you, so I will share it with you," Hope brushes her hair out of her face, tucking it behind her horns, so at least Kiwi can see her face if she wants.

"Where to start? I was there during the disaster. I faced your Fia, and her friends, in honorable combat. That was the piece you gave me. A hole in my mind now filled with terrible clarity. I remember his fists, shattering first my sword," Hope's hand rises to her weapon, still safely in her sash and her knuckles go white with the ferocity of the grip, "then my body. I fought him, with the shattered blade, with my horns, with everything. It was not enough. They thought me defeated, and left to finish their mission, to kill our leaders. Only my duty was not done, my spirit not ready to rest. I do not know how I am alive," a small grin softens her features, "as much as I am. Perhaps I will learn that part another time."

"I knew I was one of the original devil-blooded, I even knew I fell but did not die. Now that picture is complete. Oh, what your Fia must think, seeing me sitting at the Princess's table. What you must think?" Hope snorts a laugh, finally releasing her grip on her sword, "I am just another monster from a storybook, aren't I? Eat your vegetables or the tieflings will get you while you slumber."

She lets the silence hang, still ringing with the shock of her recovered memories. After a time, she murmurs into the empty air, "I do not wish to be alone tonight, Kiwi. I am afraid I know all too well what I will do if left to ruminate," she raises her gaze to Kiwi's eyes, "Will you share my bed tonight?"

Mortify fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Aug 11, 2015

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

"Oh..." Hope looks confused for a moment, "Oh. But I thought... the looks in the baths... the discussion of my scarred body. Oh!"

She squeezes and pumps Kiwi's hands a few times until she looks up, "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable, I swear. Please forgive my advance, I misunderstood... ah, everything apparently!" Hope laughs warmly, "Please don't hold this against me. I have enjoyed our time together tonight, and would like the friendship to have a chance to grow from there."

Leading Kiwi away from the edge, Hope releases her hands with one final squeeze, "Would you like to grab a drink with me? I think I can scare up something from the kitchens, and it sounds like it might take the edge off this misunderstanding. We can retire to a common area and continue sharing stories, if you'd like. You could tell me of your brother, or perhaps it is my turn? I could tell you of my father and my homeland."

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope selects two bottles with enough wine to make a passing offering, setting them down on one of the tables while she unties the twine on her sword. Checking to make sure it will draw, she cuts the tops off both bottles in a single motion, returning her sword to its scabbard. Retrieving the bottles-turned-cups she offers one to Kiwi and takes a seat, far enough out of earshot from Ser Rayleigh's snores that they may hear each other.

Hope begins the story of her homeland and her father as promised, and will stay up telling stories as long as Kiwi wishes. Hope has no need for sleep.

---

Acrobatics: 1d20+15 26

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

After a night of drinks and companionship, Hope arrives to breakfast the next morning looking no worse for wear than she ever does. Dressed once more in her travel attire, and with her small crystalline companion alight upon her shoulder, she picks at a few small morsels, primarily to assuage Lord Naan's worries over her health, before accepting the proffered sack of coin and making her way to a few specific, if questionable, shops in the city. That done, she finds herself with an abundance of time and decides to walk the city proper for old times sake for a few hours before returning to the palace.

Purchased Helm of Seven Deaths and a Flask of the Veiled Horde.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Quietly, Hope surveys the map, watching the various personalities in the room, but does not add to the discussion. In her estimation, Fia's safe route is probably worth considering, and Naan's as well. Dolos' route is clearly picked to provoke a response from the short tempered and easily agitated members of the party. While the Feydark itself holds no special fear for her, she knows that her perspective is unique, and that just because a thing can be done does not make it the best option.

After a long time, Hope whispers softly to Korinna, "What do you think? I am inclined to take Lord Naan's route, but do you believe Dolos' bears consideration? A chance to award those slavers with short lives could prove an added benefit to our quest, if the other dangers of that place did not consume us."

Lucan's entreaty to the assembled catches her attention, and she turns to hear a response. More information might tip the scales.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope attempts to look abashed by Lord Naan's admonishment, but it probably doesn't appear very convincing, lacking the blood flow necessary to blush. Truth be told, she did relish an opportunity to bring the Neogi a bit of a savaging, but that was a secondary concern to the mission.

In the morning, Hope musters early, having been waiting most of the night for the sun to rise, helping the staff to prepare everything for the journey. She is once more dressed for travel, the only alteration a black band around her head above her eyes. She reintroduces her tiny crystal cat to Bartholomew, taking a seat near the front so she may keep watch ahead as they begin the trip in earnest.

------

While brushing frost off herself, Hope checks the draw on her sword, keeping a watchful eye out as the caravan makes it's way towards the open tunnel. Upon spotting the patrolling elemental she says, "We should try to ambush it, take it down before it is able to alert its masters."

True to her word, Hope moves quickly away from the wagon, doing her best to hide and take the elemental from the flanks. She will do this alone if no one follows.

------
Stealth: 1d20+16 28

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope listens to her companions speak, but does not immediately attack the creature. Until it gives her a reason to do so, she waits, like a shadow among the rocks.

From this vantage point, she will survey the surrounding area while she listens to the conversation below.

------
Stealth: 1d20+16 26
Perception: 1d20+17 27

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Hope follows Sully, matching his pace. After a moment, her crystal companion glimmers to life, shedding light similar to Sariya's staff, resting upon her shoulder with a lazy yawn.

"We should be on guard. This place is not safe, even the fauna is likely to be hostile."

Hope continues to keep a look out for threats. (Passive 27 Perception).

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Trusting her companion fully, Hope whispers reassurance to her glowing feline friend and does her best to mimic Korinna's signaling exactly.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

"While I trust Korinna's signal, I do not believe it wise to assume safety among the Neogi's lands."

Hope settles into a meditative pose atop a toppled piece of stone, resting her sword across her knees with a meticulously casual air.

"They will come, whether tonight or the next, and we will show them the error of their ways. Or we won't. I recommend rest while the opportunity presents itself. We may not have another until we see sunlight again."

Hope closes her eyes, but her demeanor is anything but relaxed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

Hope

Even as her companions shout and assume positions of defense, Hope remains motionless atop her toppled little island of calm. Even as the monsters rush in, claws clacking and mouths gnashing, she does not stir. The waves of insectile beasts crash wholesale into their defensive line, drawing blood and prompting further cries.

A toothy, hungry smile curls the edges of Hope's mouth as her thumb inches her blade out of the scabbard across her legs a mere inch. Her seated form shimmers and vanishes in the blink of an eye...

... reappearing with a flowing, flawless slash across the thorax of the beast nearest Lucan. A softly glowing green aura settles around the beast, linked inexorably to Hope's blade, even as her second strike's damage scours its way through the armored plates to form a perfect "x".

----
  • Minor: Oath of Enmity on enemy in -D -4
  • Free: Iaijutsu shift to -C -2, ending adjacent to enemy, all attacks this round crit on 18-20.
  • Free: Trophy Choker: crit range is 17-20 for first attack
  • Standard: Aspect of Might vs AC: 2#1d20+21 38 - *crit* - 23
  • Crits for 48 + Extra Damage for Crit 1: 3d8+2d12+1d6+5 45 = 93 damage
  • Hope gains +5 Athletics, +2 speed, +2 melee damage until EOEnc.
  • If that kills it, Hope gains 8 THP and slides to -D -1 adjacent to enemy on -E0, uses her move to reuse Oath on it, then APs to attack it, otherwise AP against existing target.
  • Action Point: Blade of Repulsion vs AC: 2#1d20+21 41 - *crit* - 34
  • Crits for 48 + Extra Damage for Crit 2: 3d8+2d12+1d6 26 = 74 damage (+5 damage if against target in -E0)
  • Hope gains Phasing and Insubstantial until EONT.
  • Targets that are not my Oath target are slid 3 away from me if they end their turn adjacent, my Oath target is slowed if it ends adjacent.
----

pre:
Hope   						 
HP: 94/94 (THP: 0)       AC:   26    Passive Insight: 21
Surges: 9/9 (V: 23)      For:  23    Passive Perception: 27
Initiative: +17   	 Ref:  25    Action Points: [x] 
Speed: 7                 Will: 28    Vision: Low-Light

At Will			Encounter			   Daily
Bond of Pursuit         [ ] Oath of Enmity                 [x] Aspect of Might
                        [ ] Divine Guidance                [ ] Honorable Resolve
                        [ ] Blade Step                     [x] Trophy Choker (Item)
                        [ ] Dark Reaping                   [ ] Helm of Seven Deaths (Daily)
                        [ ] Deliverance of Faith
                        [ ] Delayed Reaction Cut
                        [ ] Helm of Seven Deaths (Enc)

Triggers:
Hope goes before all enemies in Init order: Hope's crit range is 18-20 for her first attack.
Takes 30+ damage: Once per encounter, if enemy is within 20, Hope uses Deathly Retort, +18 vs Fort; on hit, enemy takes same damage as necrotic.
Hope is reduced to 0 HP by an attack at deals at least 30 damage: Once per day, creature takes the same damage as necrotic.

Item Powers:
Trophy Choker (Daily, Free, Trigger on Init): Adds +1 to the Critical Hit Range of an attack until the first crit.
Helm of Seven Deaths (A/W, Minor): Learn a bloodied creature's current HP.
Helm of Seven Deaths (A/W, Free, 1/turn): Capture the soul of a create slain this turn. Can store 7 souls.
Helm of Seven Deaths (Enc, Minor): Consume 2 souls to regain 11 HP.
Helm of Seven Deaths (Daily, Minor): Consume 7 souls to maximize 4 dice on the next damage roll.
Flask of the Veiled Horde (Daily, Minor): Create a shadow duplicate of Hope (minion, ACFRW 24/22/24/20), attacks on Hope's turn. +13 vs. Reflex for 9 necrotic. On death, all adjacent creatures take 9 necrotic.

Addnl Powers:
Delayed Reaction Cut (Enc, Free, Trigger): Adds +2 to the Critical Hit Range of an attack. Can cause an attack to retroactively Crit (can be triggered AFTER attack roll.) Add +1d12 to the attack.

Conditionals/Resists:
+2 AC when bloodied.
+5 to death saves.
Reduce non-minion enemy to 0 HP: Hope gains 8 THP, may slide 1 square.

Edits in case I killed my first target.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jan 29, 2016

• Locked thread