Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Nicholas

Weirdly, re-entry reminds Nick of being 18 years old, in an airplane for the first time in his entire life, and white-knuckling through a full-on thunderstorm on their way down to the Michigan landing strip. His reaction is still the same: engage death grip on whatever's handy, and try to keep the litany of "gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress" as quiet as possible.

After they land, Nick grabs his bag of personal items, accepts his portion of the group supplies from Thomas with a quiet "Thanks, man," then goes to see if anybody else needs help packing up or otherwise getting ready to disembark.

When they land on the beach, he's actually paying a lot more attention to the ocean (and what may or may not be hiding in it), so it takes him a few seconds to notice the body. When he does, though, he physically takes a step backward, loudly saying, "Oh what the jesus gently caress. What the gently caress, why is it smiling?" The smile, more than anything, is what's giving him the creeps about this, because who the gently caress smiles while being disembowled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
Nicholas spots something wrong with the water but can't put his finger on it. It seems far more alive than usual.

The houses all around seem abandoned, some with broken windows, others with overturned furniture.

You feel pretty lovely. At this point you are supposed to be greeted by a full medical staff to make sure everything was fine in cryosleep and to help get you back to normal. That does not seem to be the case now. You are extremely hungry.

You notice a line of beach homes and condo properties. There are even a couple of boats. You do not see electrical power anywhere.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Wren Meadows

Wren's stomach churns momentarily. That body is... disgusting. That smile. That loving smile. Jesus Christ Almighty. Wren closes her eyes and takes a deep breath. Composure, she tells herself. She once saw someone in the midst of a nervous breakdown chew their own wrists open. She can handle this.

Nicholas needs her. He's shocked, obviously, and it's important that she keep everyone calm. Panic is not going to help in this situation. "Nick, honey," she murmurs soothingly, using a shortened, less formal version of his name, "listen, in situations like these, in crises of this magnitude, it's not uncommon for people to become unstable. I know this is disgusting, but I need you to take a nice, deep breath in for me." She gently takes him by the shoulders and turns him from the body. "I need you to be as calm as you can. I know this is difficult, but do you think you can try for me?"

Turning to face Raige, she speaks as calmly as she can. There's a slight tremor in her voice, but she manages a professional tone. "I think... well, at first glance, this ma is displayed prominently. It's not a huge leap to assume whoever did this to this poor man wanted him to be seen as a... as a warning. I don't mean to startle anyone, but... it may be best if we kept our wits about us."

Wren will try to help Nicholas (and everyone else) keep as calm as possible in the circumstances. She also wants to take a look at the body when she's sure that no one's going to panic. she has Medicine (Psychiatry) 3, Empathy 3, and Expression 2. For examining the body (if she gets a chance), she has Investigation 2.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

After retching up the entire contents of his stomach and being reduced to dry heaves for a few minutes, Tom manages to stand back up. He turns a full circle to check the area, very pointedly NOT looking at the smiling corpse.

"Well, poo poo, what now?"

Quick Question: would I/We have been able to scavenge anything else useful from the ship before we leave it behind? I'm happy to roll whatever you'd like.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Marcus

Marcus Kincaid was no stranger to blood. When your idea of unwinding from a workday of dissecting tumor-riddled lab rats involved being ultimately elbow deep in a wild animal carcass, well you tended to inure yourself to the macabre. All of that blood and pain in no way prepared him for the grim sight that stood before him. It was the smile that really got to him, that goddamn smile. He could understand flaying a man or displaying a corpse as a sort of tribal warning marker, that would make sense. A "Thou Shalt Not Cross Our Boundary" type deal, that he could comprehend. But why, why was he smiling?

He turns back towards the group and tries to prevent his mind from dwelling on it. For that way lies madness.

"We get the gently caress out of here Thomas, that's what. We find some goddamn food, a vehicle, and some weapons to protect ourselves from whatever did that," he says, tilting his head in the direction of the grim telephone pole crucifix. "We'll try to find any remaining bastions of civilization once we hit the road, but for now I think that our spacecraft landing may have attracted the kind of attention that we don't want." He spits on the ground. "I don't see two bodies, so whatever did this is still out there."

He plops down on rock, still clearly exhausted. "We should avoid the larger cities, if society really has crumbled then they'll have turned into death traps. The roads will be choked with abandoned cars and rubble, services will be non-functioning, and supplies for that many people will have likely already have been used." He shivers. "If you trap enough rats in a cage they'll devour one another when the food runs out."

"We should stick to the smaller towns and back-roads, at least until we can find a place where nailing smiling flayed men to telephone poles is still met with the kind of justice such horrid acts deserve."

Marcus is going to look for a nearby van or suv big that's not a wreck and hopefully big enough to carry everyone

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Apr 30, 2014

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Nicholas

Realizing he was maybe panicking a little too much, Nick does in fact take a few deep breaths at Dr. Meadows' prompting, and steps sideways out of her grab on his shoulder--he doesn't exactly appreciate being manhandled, however gently, but he does recognize that she probably thought it was necessary. "Thanks, I'm fine, it was just... it startled me. Cherry on the poo poo sundae that was the last hour, you know? Too busy looking at the loving water to see it as we were coming in--and that water ain't moving right, I don't care if it sounds paranoid or not." He rakes a hand through his hair, pushing it back out of his eyes.

Turning to the rest of the group, he adds, "I am one-hundred-percent okay with plan Get The gently caress Out, destination anywhere but loving here." He is going to punch a path all the way back to Wyoming if that's what it takes.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Wren Meadows only

The flesh is perfectly preserved, though the blood coming down is perfectly dried and crusted, and has probably been that way for days. There are no flies or maggots.

Thomas

You are unable to recover much other than what you already had and a first aid kit. There are nearby houses however, and they appear to be affluent and abandoned.

Marcus

There's a delivery van nearby, though you don't have a key. You notice quickly a headless body on the ground. Wrapped around it's chest and shoulders is a glowing yellow web of some kind that seems to have molded to the body.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

"Ok, so...we find transport and get out. good plan, but maybe we should see if we can scare up more supplies in some of those houses, I figure canned stuff should still be ok, right?"

Oh also, Doc, I figured you can use this."

With that Tom hands Marcus the small First Aid Kit he managed to scrounge as they were leaving the Noden.

So, who wants to go House spelunking? :v:

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Wren Meadows

Wren looks a little concerned about Thomas' previous technicolor escapades, but he seems alright, so she lets it rest. "We'll need to be careful. We don't know who did this, and I don't think we want to find out." She hesitates for a moment. AS much as she'd like to figure this all out on her own and then reveal it like Sherlock Holmes, she realizes that survival is more important.

She sidles over to Marcus and keeps her voice low. "Listen, Dr. Kinkaid. There's... something a bit strange about the body. No maggots, no flies, no sign of decay. The blood is dry, though- crusted. He's... the victim's been there a few days, at least. I don't remember much from my days on residency, but I do know that if insects won't touch a body there is something very, very wrong with it."

When wren gets a moment, she writes the following into her notes:

*No insect activity. Radiation?

Also yay! let's crash some house parties! :v:

FluxFaun fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 1, 2014

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

Marcus grunts in agreement.

"I think that without a lab, the fact that there is something very wrong with the body of a man who died smiling while being flayed and nailed a post is the one accurate judgement we can make about all of this." He bends down and grabs a log piece of driftwood. "Our focus right now should be on survival. See if you can help the others gather some supplies, I'm going to try and find the keys for our new ride here."

I'm going to use my stick to poke at this body's pockets and such, listening for any telltale sounds of keys being jingled or whatnot. I'd rather not touch this guy if I can help it.

Assuming I don't wake up a zombie or something, (and I don't find keys) I'll smash a window of the van and look inside for any registration papers. Maybe the owner lives nearby. :v:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

"A van's not really my style, but I agree, we need to get the hell out of here. I don't really think looking through the houses is a good idea, the man might have been placed there as a warning.

This seems like the kind of neighborhood we don't want to be caught on, let's try to get on the road and find a supermarket or something for supplies."

Walking over to the man covered in Yellow next to the van, Raige looks him over to see if he might have any pockets in which keys might be stored.

Sorry, for some reason the thread got un-bookmarked.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Nicholas

"If the dude was a warning, then why the gently caress was he all the way out here on the beach? You put up the 'no trespassing' sign up wherever you think the trespassers are going to see it, like on the road or next to the driveway or some poo poo. This is something hosed up, yeah, but that's it." Always excepting the threat of invaders from the ocean, of course, but Nick's thinking along the lines of human scavengers right now, not whatever the gently caress went wrong.

"Anyway, these places look seriously abandoned, may as well knock in a window and raid the cabinets while Marcus gets the keys together." He starts walking towards the nearest house, fully expecting Thomas at least is going to follow.

Despite what he said, he's fully intending to at least try the doors before escalating to breaking windows, and is also going to make drat sure there's no signs of actual life around.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

Tom looks to Marcus and Raige
"It's not just about supplies, if we can get into some of these houses we might be able to find some info about what's going on, maybe there's an ePad with some battery that has a DVR of a newsfeed or something. My point is, we gotta try.

I hate splitting up the team here, but the faster we can get outta here, the better we'll all be."

With that last bit, Tom Fist bumps Marcus, and turns to follow Nick and Wren up to the nearest house.

I'm assuming Wren is coming with us, if not I'll edit.

I'm going to be doing my damnedest to be as sneaky as possible getting to these houses, I'm gonna burn a willpower for it: (Dex 3 + Stealth -1 + WP +3) Dicepool = 5

STATBLOCK
pre:
Health
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Willpower
[X][ ][ ][ ]
Init Mod: +7   Defense: 3   Armor: 0
Attack (bare hands)      5 dice 
       (Utility Knife)   ??

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Raige

Raige finds some keys as Marcus pokes the dead man with a stick. Accidentily touching the dead man, he notices the yellow molded web is completely solid, and notices a crevice across the front pulling it off in four directions (It could potentially open if you pried it open)

Marcus

Marcus finds a van parked nearby that matches the keys. It's been completely banged up, but upon further inspection he realizes all of the damage is cosmetic, and even looks intentional. There is a bed inside the van with a gallon of water and some clothes.

Thomas only (Click for music)

Thomas goes up to the nearest home and opens the front door, but makes sure to hold it up as he pulls it out slowly so the weight doesn't drop on the hinge. It's a beautiful ultra modern home, or at least it was. Inside Thomas finds an obvious hold out that someone had created. A man is inside, covered with blood and scars. He's asleep in the corner of the room on a bed of pillows. You notice he sleeps next to a large sword of some kind and a revolver. Next to him is a bottle and some overused syringes. You notice his sleep and watch him, he breathes low and deep. His skin is an unnatural white.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Wren Meadows

Wren keeps herself as low and as quiet as she can. She also looks for anything she could use to defend herself.

Stealth 2. Wren's going to try her hardest to stay as quiet as possible while not straying too far behind the others.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Wren finds a machete under the dead man.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

Tom decides to push his luck, he backs out of the room and out of line of sight, and calls out "Hello". to the strange man. As he waits, his muscles tense to sprint away from the house in case of gunshots.

Go big or go home! :v:
Should I try and roll a persuade check to not get shot at? what would it be?

STATBLOCK
pre:
Health
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Willpower
[X][ ][ ][ ]
       (Utility Knife)   ??

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The mans eyes open at a snails pace, barely traversing at a noticeable speed. His eyes are pure blue, and he merely stares at you. He begins looking around, but he does it so slow that you are not in any real danger unless he speeds up. You should be able to easily grab either of his weapons.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

Tom peeks back around, and sees the man moving slowly. With a deep breath he darts forward and snatches the revolver, and aims it into the man's unnatural blue eyes as he goes for the sword as well.

Here's hoping those stage combat classes work!
STATBLOCK
pre:
Health
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Willpower
[X][ ][ ][ ]
       (Utility Knife)   ??

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The thing lets out a deafening wail that shatters all the windows in the house and temporarily deafens Thomas.

Thomas only

It reaches out it's hand slowly. The pillows around the man freeze before Thomas's. You notice it's hand begins going for a book near you. Whatever this thing is, it's not happy with you and no matter how slow it is, it wants to get up close and personal with you.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

Tom's eyes shoot open wide. "Holy Fuckin poo poo!" he yells, unable to hear his own words, He fires the revolver point blank into the face of the thing, and then turns on his heel and sprints out the house at top speed.

Shooting the monster guy (Dex 3 + Firearms 2 + revolver ?) Pool = 5 dice (plus revolver mod)
Running the gently caress away (Str 2 + Athletics 3) Pool = 5 dice

STATBLOCK
pre:
Health
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Willpower
[X][ ][ ][ ]
       (Utility Knife)   ??

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

Grabbing the keys from the body, and handing them to Marcus. "Here, this should open the van..." Raige stops mid sentence as the wail is heard in the street.

"What the gently caress was that?" Quickly, Raige grabs the keys back from Marcus and attempts to open the drivers side door with them.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Wren Meadows

"gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress!" Wren dashes forwards, holding the machete at the ready. "THOMAS! Get the hell out of there!" Her heart pounds in her ears as she tries her hardest to get there in time.

Not really sure what to roll to get to Thomas. I think it's Stamina 1 + Athletics 0 + Fast Reflexes 1? let me know if that's not right.

pre:
Health
[][][][][][]
Willpower
[][][][][]
Init Mod +8(7 + 1 Fast Reflexes)  Defense 2  Armor 0

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

"poo poo, I don't know what the hell that was. Lets get this rustbucket started so we hopefully won't be forced to find out."

Ignoring the weird web for now, and I'll hop into the passenger seat of the van.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Nicholas

Nick also starts running to help Thomas, fists clenched and at the ready. Hopefully between the three of them they can knock whatever it is out long enough to get the car going.

Thomas will be punching the creep in the face a lot if necessary, so the overview of the Boxing merit can be found here for your convenience.

code:
Health
[][][][][][][]
Willpower
[][][][][]
Init Mod +4  Defense 2  Armor 0

Attack (bare hands): 6
	If successes exceed target's size, victim loses next action
	Can make 2 brawl attacks on 1 target per turn, second at -1, cannot defend

Pinechild fucked around with this message at 03:19 on May 3, 2014

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Nicholas, Wren, and Thomas only

The bullet rips through the man's gut, with seemingly no reaction from him. It sounds like crunching glass. You feel he is getting quicker and stronger the closer he gets to the book that is beside you. He wants to grab it desperately. His eyes coat over in thick blue layers. The book is thick and long and leather.

mugrim fucked around with this message at 05:12 on May 3, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

With the sound of crunching glass after the gun goes off, Thomas has officially maxed out his 'Wierd-poo poo-O-meter'.

He shoves the revolver into a cargo pocket, and brandishes the sword in his other hand, he points it at the center of the...thing's chest, not going for a stab, just trying to hold it off while he tries to grab the book as well. Errol Flynn can suck it he thinks.

"HEY GUYS A LITTLE HEEEEEELP!" he shouts over a shoulder.

ok, so the pool should be (Str 2 + Weaponry 2 + Sword?) 4 dice
Though I'm more trying to keep the dude off balance and unable to get up rather than cause actual damage.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 3, 2014

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

As you grab the book, the blue man stops completely. He puts his hands up and tries to crawl away. He does not seem to want to fight.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

Tom's chest heaves as he gasps in lungfuls of breath, he stands for a moment, holding the sword out at the creature until he feels sure it won't suddenly attack him.

He looks down at the book a moment before scanning around the room, looking for anything other useful supplies, or maybe a backpack or something.

Since it looks like I'm not gonna die right away, I'm just catching my breath before looting some more.
STATBLOCK
pre:
Health
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Willpower
[X][ ][ ][ ]
Attack (Bare Hands)      5 dice 
       (Utility Knife)   ??
       (Large Sword)     ??

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 16:56 on May 3, 2014

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

Marcus's hand stop on the door handle of the van as gunshots and screams shatter the disturbing cloak of science on the beach. He turns around, and after identifying which house the sounds came from he breaks into a run. "What the hell have those guys gotten themselves into?!" He mutters angrily under his breath as he sprints for the door.

Just running over to the house to help if need be.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Nicholas

Nick's angry, tired, and frustrated, and now he's not even going to get to hit anything since the creepy PCP guy actually backed down. He steps forward, not blocking Thomas's line of fire with the sword (which--seriously?) but still getting in a better position to tackle the poo poo out of the guy if he starts getting agitated, and says, "Okay, are we cool now? You don't hurt us, we don't hurt you, yeah?"

Might as well try to talk to the guy while he's not actively trying to kill us. Hopefully he speaks English or Spanish....

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The man's skin slowly seems to soften. Blood starts piling out of his gut, and he collapses lifeless. He bleeds out over his bed of pillows and stops breathing.

It looks like the guy was here for a while. You see pictures of him from around the home. He has a backpack that is empty, there's no food or water around, but lots of empty jugs and empty cans. It looks like he was probably living here for a while.

There is a bottle of some odd looking whiskey in the corner, half empty.

The book in your hands feels warm and calls to you.

On the wall of the house is a map of the country and it's rather large. You notice a lot of marks all over, but most seem to be in Rural Kentucky and Tennessee.

The revolver has 2 shots left.

It's 6:14p and the sky is getting dark.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

"Oh gently caress, ewww, gross!" Tom exclaims, before hurriedly shoving the book, a few empty jugs, and his own gear into the backpack. He pulls down the map and folds it carefully before stowing it. He's not sure about the Whiskey, but it could be useful to sterilize infections.

He turns to Nick and the others, and explains what he just saw.

"Ok, so that...thing ignored a gunshot to the face, it sounded like it was made of glass, and it backed the gently caress off when I picked up this book.
The book is freaky as hell, I don't know why, but I don't think anyone else should touch them. Obviously, I just did with picking up this one, so if they're infectious, then I've been exposed, but we should try and contain that to me for now.
I think the three of us should continue to the next house, but together as a unit, not separated, we should see if we can find backpacks, First Aid, canned goods, and clean water. Whatever this guy is now, he was a person at one point, and he's been living here awhile, so we should be careful in case he has neighbors. As if his scream didn't wake everything within miles, but anyway, we should probably only take another few minutes, because I have a bad feeling more poo poo is coming and we should get back to the others ASAP, but we really should grab what we can before wandering into who-the-gently caress-even-knows what."

Tom takes a deep shuddering breath, hands the gun to Nick, and takes the lead with his sword as they move to the next house.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 16:55 on May 3, 2014

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Nicholas

"Okay, keep the book, we can look at it later, and let's go raid somebody's cabinets." Nick also takes the gun when Thomas hands it to him, stares at it for a second, then asks the rest of the room, "Does anybody actually know how to shoot a gun here? 'Cause I haven't shot anything since Boy Scout camp in, like, third grade, and I was terrible at it. Dibs on any kind of brass knuckles or whatever, though." Hopefully the next house won't have mutant vampires on PCP in it--he's not sure what the gently caress just happened with that guy, or why Thomas thinks the weird book was infectious, but he can roll with it until he gets a chance to sit down and freak out.

Nick's shooting stats are laughably terrible, so whoever wants it can have it. Otherwise, it's going in with the rest of his stuff for emergencies.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

"The guy was reaching for the book so it must be important, and I swear its been talking to me since then, why the gently caress wouldn't it be contagious or something? I only mention it because we might find more of these people and possibly more books."

Well, I have some firearms/combat training from being an actor, but I'm keeping the sword and didn't want to hog all the gear :v: maybe Marcus or Raige can use it.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 20:56 on May 3, 2014

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Wren Meadows

Wren feels her stomach roil and she gags. Jesus Christ above, what were they dealing with here? Even a bioweapon wouldn't cause that sort of thing to happen. Why did the man want the book? Why would he die only after it was taken? Why didn't he die before? Wren opened and closed her mouth over and over again. "That... That's not possible! That's not how it's supposed to work! Bioweapon or not, that's not right!" Wren walked over and poked at the body with her machete, being careful not to get anything on her.

She glances at Thomas with a worried expression. "Talking to you? Thomas, as soon as we're somewhere even remotely safe, I want to talk with you and make sure there's no adverse side effects going on. I'm not taking no for an answer."

Wren is using Investigation 2 again, in an attempt to see why the man acted like he did. Sorry I was gone so long, work happened. :(

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

Still sitting out in the van, Raige attempts to get it started using the pilfered keys. After the gunshot, and no one coming out, he pushes open the door and shouts to the others, "GUYS we need to decide what to do. Its getting dark, and I don't think we should be out on the streets at night. Do we want to try to find a safe place, or hole up in one of these houses? Guys?"

Not hearing a response, Raige quickly pulls the keys out of the ignition and quickly moves towards the house the others are located in. Peeking his head through the door. "Hey, what are we doing? I don't think its a good idea to go working up this neighborhood at night, especially since we know so little about what's going on. Lets get on the road and find a defensible position with some guaranteed supplies. Come on, lets get out of here."

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

Marcus just in time to see the infected man fall to the ground, killed by a loving machete of all things. He finds himself wishing that he had time for a proper autopsy, from the sounds of things that gunshot didn't even slow him down. That would have to wait though, there was no way he'd be staying around to find out if the dead man had friends in the neighborhood.

"Raige is right Thomas," he remarks calmly but firmly. "Do you really want to stay here and find out what we just woke up with all this noise to find supplies that may not even exist?" He shakes his head. "No, we get the gently caress out right the gently caress now. We have water, food can wait a day or two while we put some distance between us and this godforsaken place."

Marcus reaches out and gently takes the revolver from Thomas. "Grab what you can from here and then lets move, but until I can have a real look over you I'd advise you to stay in the back of the van and refrain from coughing on or touching anyone. No offense."

I'm the best shot, so I guess I'll take the gun assuming no one else minds.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 05:50 on May 4, 2014

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

At Marcus' words, Tom nods mutely, the full weight of what had just happened having settled onto his shoulders as the crisis passes. He turns to follow his friend, clutching the partly full backpack in one hand, and the sword in the other.

I guess discretion is the better part of valor huh? Someone else take the lead, Tom is gonna have an adrenaline crash now and take some time to fully :psyduck: about the day they've had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Wren only

Wren thinks that the man was scared and simply trying to defend himself.

You scan the next few houses and have trouble finding anything. You notice a pool house behind one of the houses that looks like it gets foot traffic. Looking around it, you can spot water barrels on the roof. The windows are sealed with mylar and tape.

• Locked thread