Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Marucs

Marcus curses at his lack of foresight, and lets his shotgun clatter to the pavement before drawing his pistol from his belt. He takes careful aim and gets ready to fire off a shot at the crazed thing that just emerged from the pile, all the while trying to dwell on the implications.

Drawing my pistol, using my actions to gain the aiming bonus (+1 per turn, to a max of +2) I'll shoot if he starts to close in melee with someone though. 9 dice again + whatever this pistol is worth, and yes this one is loaded.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Wren Meadows

Her hands immediately become cold, so cold. It's almost like she's picked up a canister of liquid nitrogen. She hisses through her teeth, but tucks it carefully under her left arm, leaving her right free, machete in hand. Wren holds it low to her side, though. She remembers that the other man had just been trying to protect himself. Her gorge rises when the man gnaws on the am; she knows that he is dangerous, but so were some of her patients.

"Listen," she says clearly and backs away slowly, "No one wants to hurt you. No one wants any trouble. We're just passing through here. We're going to leave you alone now. We don't want any trouble."

Wren is going to keep a good grip on her machete, but she's not going to attempt any violence unless the man makes a move. She'll try to talk him into letting them leave if possible. I don't know what's relevant here, but she has Empathy 3 Expression 2 and Persuasion 5.

Pinechild
Sep 14, 2011
Nicholas

Nick's planning on bitching out Marcus later for not checking if the shotgun was goddamn loaded, what the gently caress, but that can wait. Right now, his priorities are making sure that everybody gets behind some kind of locked door ASAP, and if they could do that without getting majorly injured that'd be really nice.

He says to Marcus, sotto voce,"Uh, Doc? Remember the last guy, and how shooting it didn't work? Unless you want to go digging for creepy books in the loving corpse pile, we need to get out of here A-S-A-loving-P." Hell, maybe this guy is just your garden-variety red eyed cannibal and Doc Meadows is going to succeed in talking him into safe passage, but Nick isn't going to hold his breath. He joins Wren in her backing away slowly, trying to position himself to intercept any lunges the cannibal would make for the other two.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

"Look at the distance between Wren and that thing," he hisses softly back to Nick. "You really think a psychiatrist is going to fight off a post-apocalyptic cannibal with a battered machete if it decides its tired of eating cold turkey?"

"If it fucks up and makes a move, we'll see what happens when someone who has actually handled guns before puts two into him."

I only arrived in the house after the fight was over, so no, Marcus does not remember. :v: I mean yeah, he saw the aftermath but without actually witnessing the effects of bullets on these things for himself he's not entirely convinced. Especially considering the heightened state we're all in.

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 14:29 on May 14, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

Turning his head around as the soft click of the shotgun echoes, and the smell intensifies, the first words out of Raige's mouth are a softly muttered "Madre de dios" before he swings his pistol around and let's lose at the man's center mass.

Dex 4 + Firearms 2 = 6

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The same eye cannot both look up to heaven and down to earth.
Raige whips his pistol out and shoots the thing in the middle of the chest, though the weapon is surprisingly quiet...the slide locks back, it's empty now. It's eyes begin burning bright and it seems relatively unphased, though nails begin protruding past it's dried finger tips. You see the bullets fly through it's chest without any blood flowing. It immediately rushes Raige and swipes him with elongated nails that rip into his arm. Marcus fires at the man, the bullet rips his shoulder off but he does not seem slowed down at all. Steam comes out of the creatures eyes and it bolts for Marcus as Wren misses it swinging her machete.

Raige takes 4 lethal, and from his pool deals what should have been 4 damage himself. While missing an arm this thing looks just as deadly. It moves much faster than you anticipated.

Thomas
Marcus
Thing
Wren
Raige
Nicholas

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

Seeing the bullets' (lack of) effect, and remembering just now that he hadn't thought to check if the shotgun was even loaded. Thomas drops the shotgun on the pavement and reaches back to the big sword he'd picked up earlier. He calms his breathing and thinks back to stage combat class. Feet wide, weight centered, loose and relaxed grip, yeah, ok. I got this.

Thomas charges forward, swinging the sword like an extra in a Gladiator movie.

(Str 2 + Weapon 2+ Willpower 3) 7 dice + whatever the sword gives me.
STATBLOCK
pre:
Health
[ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]
Willpower
[X][X][ ][ ]
Init Mod: +7   Defense: 3   Armor: 0
Attack (Bare Hands)      5 dice 
       (Utility Knife)   5 dice
       (Large Sword)     7 dice
       (Shotgun)         9 dice

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 16, 2014

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

Just because this thing hadn't slowed down didn't mean it wasn't hurt, Marcus had hunted grizzly bears that could take an entire magazine to the torso before their wounds finally overcame their resolve. Mustering his courage, he steps forward to meet the abomination, firing off his last slug before it closes into melee with him.

Called shot to the head is -3, so 6 dice + whater equip bonus the pistol grants. (not sure which one it is so I can't just look it up myself) This is of course assuming Thomas doesn't spike and kill it, if he does I'll edit. :v:

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Thomas falls back to his stage fighting skills but unfortunately he would pull his swings in it just a tad. He swipes off one of the things legs, allowing Marcus a clean shot to the head. The thing vibrates and seizes violently. A few bodies in the pile begin bulging as if they're being pushed from inside. The creatures skin dries and sprouting bodies of some kind begin growing from it right before your eyes. The entire ground around you seems to move as if there is an earthquake.

Revolver - 3 dice .357 (2 rounds left)
Sword - 3 dice, 9 again, 2 handed
Target Pistol - 1 die, Armor Piercing 1, .22 (No rounds left)
Shotgun - 4 dice, 9 again 12 gauge (No rounds left)
Utility Knife - 1 die, Armor Piercing 1, Breakable (2 or more 10's cause it to break off)

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

"RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN! Get to the van or shelter!"

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

Marcus sucks in a few quick breaths as his heart pounds thunderously in his chest, the now-flowering corpse of the thing a few mere feet away.

He barely has time to pick up his dropped shotgun before the earth starts to shake.

"Raige, start the van."

int 5 + science 5, does this feel like an actual tectonic earthquake or just something really big moving?

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 09:45 on May 16, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

Shoving the pistol back into his pants, Raige nods to Thomas and fishes the keys out of his pocket.

Jumping back into the Van, Raige immediately cranks the motor, slams it into gear and heads away from the horde, making directly towards a hangar in the distance.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

"Holy poo poo dude, your arm!" Thomas yells as they hop in the van, Thomas stands at the big door with his sword to make sure the others make it in, after chucking his useless shotgun into the back of the vehicle. "Raige as soon as we've gotten far enough away from here, you gotta let someone look at that, you're losing a lotta blood. One of us can drive for awhile."

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 16, 2014

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Marcus

Something very large is moving

Raige loses blood almost as fast as his concentration and begins driving for the nearest spot. The mist is thick now so he's going from memory. He finds a hanger with the doors open, parks the car, and loses the will to go further. Everyone else quickly runs behind the doors and slides them shut, throwing some loose rope to hold them shut.

Inside there are some cots, an oil lamp filled up, blankets, a makeshift fireplace/oven with a vent, and some tools tossed to the side. Someone looks like they packed in a hurry and left everything they felt they didn't need.

The ground keeps shaking in regularly unregular intervals.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

"Get Raige laid out over on that cot, and stay quiet!" Marcus whispers softly to the group. "We're in no shape to flee or otherwise contest with whatever is making the very ground shake beneath our feet. At the very least, I need a few minutes to get our driver back on his feet," he mutters as he pulls supplies out of his first kit, setting them on an end table beside the cot.

Marcus takes a moment to look over Raige's wounds along his arm. They were bad, but not fatal unless that thing was playing host to an infection that had yet to make its presence known. Still, it'd been a few years since he'd done anything more than put a bandage over a scrape, and Marcus hoped he still remembered enough triage to do a decent job.

"I don't have any morphine, so you may want to bite down on something. This is going to hurt something fierce."

Int 5 + Medicine 3 + First Aid Kit 2 = 10 dice to patch Raige up a bit.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

Grabbing one of the blankets in his nearly dead state, Raige clumisly rolls it up and sticks it between his teeth, all the while muttering to himself, "I don't want to die, not yet, I just got out, petatearse is too close, es demasiado temprano."

Nodding to Marcus, he clenches the towel between his teeth,and nods to the Doc, while gripping the sides of the cot with as much force as he can manage.

Roll to stay alive? I dunno, sheets in title.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The bleeding stops with Raige, but he needs to rest.

Downgrade 2 lethal

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

Huddling with the others, Tom has a finger up to his lips for silence as the stomping (because why wouldn't the jolly green loving giant show up, we already have WereZombies made of glass and poo poo!) seemed to be getting closer.

His heart was beating a million beats a second and his other palm was sweaty as it grips his sword.

"I swear, if that thing says Fee FI Fo Fum, I will have a fuckin heart attack" Thomas thinks.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Sorry I've been gone so long, guys, life happened.

Wren Meadows
Wren almost lets out a shrill, scared giggle. She chokes it down and huddles close to the others, staying so quiet and so still. She absently holds the canister almost like a baby, cradled to her breast. My god, my god, she thinks. This is not what she had signed up for. There was no way sh could blackmail her way out of this; no way to manipulate things to her advantage. These awful zombies people did not listen to reason, not even the way lunatics do. Even her worst patients had come around to her way of thinking if she could talk to them.

Stealth 2. Wren's gonna stay nice and quiet, and she's going to hang onto that canister like it's made out of money.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

"I would say try to take it easy and give it a chance to heal but, y'know..." he chuckles bitterly as packs away his limited medical supplies.

He sighs and he leans up against the wall, clearly drained from the tumultuous events of the day. He hoped fiercely that whatever was out there passed them over, he didn't feel like he had the strength left to flee again.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

Straining to get up, Raige grips Marcus's shoulder and nods to the Doc again. "Thanks, I didn't think that thing would move so fast. Is anything still coming after us out there?" Raige asks anyone still close to the door.

"Whats that rumbling?"

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Are there any extended actions anyone wants to take? The world seems to ignore you at the moment.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Well, if we're unlikely to be crushed, eaten, or turned, in the next few hours, I think we should maybe rest here for a bit, and make sure Raige is taken care of.

Thomas can definitely use some sleep.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

"We should secure that door a little better, don't you think? Lets back the van up against it, I doubt whatever that puto is it can't break down a door if we've got a van parked up against it. Here, someone guide me" Raige says as he slides back into the driver's seat and starts the van.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus would advise against starting up a vehicle while we're trying to stay quiet and hidden. (and he'd try to tell you this before you did it) If something is big enough to literally cause local earthquakes as it moves, a van parked up against a door isn't going to stop it/[/i]

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

"Hey, Raige, sit back down dude. We should wait a bit longer before doing anything that'll make too much noise. Like starting a van!" Tom hisses at the other man, making the 'cut it out' motion across his throat with a thumb.
He's half expecting the noise to draw every zombie and giant in a mile.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

"Yeah... yeah thats a good point." Still woozy from the trauma and loss of blood, Raige cuts the engine and attempts to descend from the van's driver's seat.

Sorry guys, work is hell, and I'm really behind in my games. I'm out of the country for a week, I'll be back on friday and posting will pick up then. Again, really sorry guys.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
I hope everyone's doing well, and for us Americans I hope they had a good Memorial Day.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

The night is long and full of shakes, unnatural howls, and scratching sounds across the sky. You sleep as much as you can recouperating for the time being. You were supposed to be greeted by a medical staff to slowly ease you into life on Earth again but sleep on a weathered cot will have to do for now.

Heal one lethal, all bashing.

The morning sun breaks through the cracks in the metal and comes across your skin. The light is an unnatural blue.

What will you do?

Also, sorry, life got complicated

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

Marcus finds himself once more in the world of the living as sunlight peers through the cracks of the hanger walls, and flops into a sitting position on the side of the cot. He serves himself a pathetic breakfast of half a ration bar and some warm water that seems to only accentuate how hungry he actually was, rather than ease the knots in his stomach.

Choking down the last of his meal, he sees the others beginning to slowly awaken as well. "Once we're ready we should have a look around outside. Judging by the fact that we're still here I think that we're alone, but we should make sure the coast is completely clear before scavenging or making a break for it."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

"Yeah, good thinking." Tom replies, grabbing some food and water for himself, and stretching out the sores and kinks that came from sleeping on a concrete floor.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Any extended actions before venturing forth?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
oops, yeah, I'm going to search our immediate area for anything we can use, like if this is a military base, there's gotta be ammo for the guns somewhere.

Not sure what you'd want me to roll though.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Marcus

Marcus nods and walks over the hanger door, prying open just far enough to get a decent view of the outside world.

Marcus will take a loo around first before venturing out, perception rolls in nWoD are wits + composure right? That's six dice for me. Then, assuming the coast is relatively clear he'll look for any promising buildings and such to scavenge. I'm assuming wits + surival works there as well, may as burn a wp for 9 dice.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

bump?

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Game is not dead, thought I posted the update for both games. Whoops. Doing now.

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

Marcus immediately realizes the fog is gone, and though heavy clouds hold in the air, it is a beautiful day.

He then notices something that makes him fall to the ground. It is not an immediate realization, but rather one that takes time to fully comprehend.

The building sized piles of bodies on the base are gone. There is no blood anywhere. No evidence of the nights carnage. The area looks almost physically scrubbed.

There are no weapons anywhere, but many mounds of clothes can be found if you look far enough.

A series of canoe sized holes dot the base, their depth unknown.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Raige Riguez

"I...." Raige slumps against the edge of the building as he exits and seers the strangeness from last night missing.

"I did not imagine that, did I? The piles of bodies, the ominous fog, the dead thing clawing at me. That really happened, yes?"

Looking at the stunned faces of the others he guessed that it really did.

"This is impossible, that carnage just doesn't go away after a few hours. And these holes..."

Wandering over to the nearest slash in the earth he attempts to peer down to the bottom.

"What kind of loving virus does this?"

mugrim
Mar 2, 2007

You can not tell how far down the hole goes, though it's large enough for you to crawl through. You notice there's a hole in floor of the hanger as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Thomas

"I-I think whatever was thumping around earlier might have eaten the bodies, and maybe it made those holes too."

Tom sticks close to Raige, weapon readied for whatever good it'll do.

I can't think of much Tom can do specifically, so I guess I'm just tagging along for right now.

• Locked thread