Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

OP you gon get raped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
OP, you really need to step up your game, i knew a guy who had cirrhosis before his 16th birthday. this guy knows what's what:

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Don't sip it. Drink as much as possible, as fast as possible so you don't have to taste it. Especially mixed drinks. Just make yourself a big mixed drink like vodka and soda, Jack and Coke, rum and cranberry and just gulp it down really quick. You should probably be able to drink two or three mixed drinks in three or four minutes. Do this and you'll fit right in and have a great time.
if you really don't like the taste of alcohol, just add more mixer. sure, it means you have to drink a greater volume, but that shouldn't be a problem, and it will let you down those units fast enough to focus on the party. no one likes the guy who's nursing his drink all night.

FreudianSlippers posted:

yeah but you actually have to be old enough to buy that and in a lot of places in Europe the state has a monopoly on booze so it's usually pretty expensive.
as far as i know, this is only the case in the nordic countries, denmark excepted.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
Haha, my friend just came over with a 1l bottle of vodka! :D

I'm so anxious for tomorrow!

Thanks guys for the tips and replies. I'm not sure if I want to hook up with anyone, I'm kind of a rookie and I haven't been much with boys before. My friend told me that some cuties are going to be there so I don't know! Maybe I will end up in someone's arms tonight! :)

SnowblindFatal fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Apr 29, 2014

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Put the vodka in your butt with some kind of funnel.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
1) Get a bottle of 151.

2) Swig a mouthful and then spray it out of your mouth over a lighter to make a fireball like a street performer.

This is a very good party trick and I highly suggest you do this. Remember that beginner's luck applies so don't practice or you'll waste all of your luck without an audience.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

SnowblindFatal posted:

Thanks guys for the tips and replies. I'm not sure if I want to hook up with anyone, I'm kind of a rookie and I haven't been much with boys before. My friend told me that some cuties are going to be there so I don't know! Maybe I will end up in someone's arms tonight! :)

1L of vodka?! Score! I hope it is the cake flavoed vodka, that's the best.

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010
is this a serious post?

dont drink too much the first time. seriously. if you tell someone to cut you off beforehand dont get pissed off when they do, just REMEMBER YOU TOLD THEM TOO OK

are you listening?

protip: if its that kind of party, take a drink from the sink every chance you get. carrying aroudn water or something is a pain and you look like a moron, but taking a sip from the sink is easy and who cares. have some kind of granola bar and gatorade ready either in your car

Ignoarints fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Apr 29, 2014

KierkegaardsHo
Mar 21, 2004

OP bear in mind that you're getting advice on a forum chock loving full of barely functioning alcoholics.

It'll be a goddamn miracle if any of us lives out the year.

Any of us.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Three Olives posted:

1L of vodka?! Score! I hope it is the cake flavoed vodka, that's the best.

your lifestyle is disgusting

Ignoarints
Nov 26, 2010

THS posted:

even the idea of cake vodka makes me want to dry heave

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi

SnowblindFatal posted:

For real, if this is your first time drinking 1 L is way more than you and one friend need. share that around. youll have fun if you drink slightly too much, but dont drink too too much, that is dangerous and you wont have as much fun.

there will a point where you are drinking and thinking 'this is so much fun, i should drink more to have even more fun!'. if possible, ignore that voice. once you are drunk enough to be having a silly time, you dont need to drink any more for a while, especially as a new drinking. at that point switch to a glass or 2 of water before you start drinking alcohol again.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

THS posted:

I only serve the finest spirits at chez Olives.

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Apr 29, 2014

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

Three Olives posted:

I only serve the finest spirits at chez Olives.

lmao, three olives is dude flavored

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

texaholic posted:

My magic drink combo in college was start off Coors light, about 4-6 to get a slight buzz. Then upgrade to gin and tonic, while taking a shot of tequila every other time you get a drink. turn down for what?

Something I just found out recently is that if you get completely shitfaced and then drink some dirty martinis to cap it off, the olive brine will help fend off the hangover. Or just straight up chug dirty martini mix. It's loving disgusting but it's better than having the world spinning for the better half of a day.

But really, you start off with spirits and then maintain the buzz with weaker drinks. That's the Professional Drinker's Way.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

To get drunk realyl cheaply buy a bunch of vanilla extract. It's like at least 35% alchohol and is usally pretty cheap. Mix it in some soda first though or else it stings like a motherfucker going down.

cheaply lmao someones never bought vanilla extract
shits expensive

but i guess if youre underage its the best youve got

but op drink water
dont be a bitch though

if you cant chug that vodka straight youre a loving pussy hth

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
trying to prevent a hangover the first time you get drunk is a futile effort

thats like trying to prevent chips and pizza the first time you get high

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Smeego posted:

trying to prevent a hangover the first time you get drunk is a futile effort

thats like trying to prevent chips and pizza the first time you get high

i didnt get a hangover until like the 10th time i went drinking

and that was because i sucked down tequila like it was water

have you considered youre just bad at drinking

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
you ought to be nervous. youre a bitch op

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

better than your posting :c00lbert:

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Smeego posted:

better than your posting :c00lbert:

pretty low bar you set there

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Atasnaya Vaflja posted:

if you didn't get a hangover it means you drank like a pussy tho

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Ocean Book posted:

For real, if this is your first time drinking 1 L is way more than you and one friend need. share that around. youll have fun if you drink slightly too much, but dont drink too too much, that is dangerous and you wont have as much fun.
Have you considered that maybe not everyone is the same? Fatty tissues absorb alcohol, at around 1 unit per 10lbs, which are then processed slowly over the next few days. If we say the OP has 100lbs of bodyfat, that's 10 whole units out of the OP's share of a 40 unit bottle, leaving only 10 units to actually get drunk on. That's pretty much perfect for a first timer.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

tbp posted:

if you didn't get a hangover it means you drank like a pussy tho

it's really easy to not get a hangover you just gotta drink a lot of water and have food on your stomach

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Have you considered that maybe not everyone is the same? Fatty tissues absorb alcohol, at around 1 unit per 10lbs, which are then processed slowly over the next few days. If we say the OP has 100lbs of bodyfat, that's 10 whole units out of the OP's share of a 40 unit bottle, leaving only 10 units to actually get drunk on. That's pretty much perfect for a first timer.

Are you suggesting that 20 shots is a good idea for someone who hasn't had booze before?

e: Actually 1L doesn't have 40 shots so I'm guessing a unit is a bit over half a shot, still 10 shots unless spread out over a while is still something that's going to send OP to the bathroom.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Apr 29, 2014

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Are you suggesting that 20 shots is a good idea for someone who hasn't had booze before?

absolutely

op dont listen to this guy, dont be a pussy

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

*For the Ghost Who Flies Through Space
Flush your car keys down a toilet and then drink as much as you want. Also try not to go swimming even though it's going to sound like a really good idea at some point during the night.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

Please read my previous reply. Since the OP is not likely to like the taste of alcohol, she should mix it with something that hides the taste so she can chug it in a few minutes.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Recipe for a good party night

2 bars of xanax
A 4 pack of tall boys (who cares what brand, HAS to be at least 5.5%)

Take the xanax and then slam all 4 of the tall boys in less than 15 minutes.

Now get into your car and head to the party. If you make it there you're in for a good time OP

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

PlotDevice posted:

Flush your car keys down a toilet and then drink as much as you want. Also try not to go swimming even though it's going to sound like a really good idea at some point during the night.
Drunk swimming does sound really fun but now I'm curious if it's caused a lot of drownings because that would be kinda funny in a morbid sort of way.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
OP also worth noting you don't need to be actively wearing pants to be drunk, so take them off at your leisure after a drink or 2

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

Oh one more pro tip, if you pass out try to fall on your face so you don't vomit-choke yourself like some sort of chump.

Gay Fry
Apr 27, 2014
oh great it is a 18 year old. i thought it was 21

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Come to think of it, why isn't there a harm prevention forum for alcohol? I think a lot of goons are at great risk of harming their reputation among their peers due to their inexperience with alcohol.

ArbitraryC posted:

Drunk swimming does sound really fun but now I'm curious if it's caused a lot of drownings because that would be kinda funny in a morbid sort of way.
Alcohol is lighter than water, so it's actually easier to keep afloat when drunk.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
wait

isn't it a school night

op you better finish your homework before you go drinking or you're grounded

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

KierkegaardsHo posted:

OP bear in mind that you're getting advice on a forum chock loving full of barely functioning alcoholics.

Any of us.

Hey I only drink like twice a week.

and on weekends.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

i don't care

PlotDevice
Oct 10, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

People seem to either drown themselves, choke on their own fluids or fall off something high when they die drunk as hell on foot. Since the OP's a goon I figure they're too much of a fat gently caress to climb anything or fit through a window so I figure I'll cover the likely bases.

The Casualty
Sep 29, 2006
Security Clearance: Pop Secret

Whiny baby

FreudianSlippers posted:

Hey I only drink like twice a week.

and on weekends.

If you drink from Monday to Wednesday, and then Thursday to Sunday, that isn't "like twice a week," Mr. Lemore.

OP you should be a good law-abiding citizen, and not go to the party (because let's face it high school parties are lame as gently caress unlike the glorified ragers in the movies), but I know you're going to go anyways, so at least stay the gently caress away from Jagermeister, Goldschlager, or any kind of Schnapps. Have a couple beers, play a game, and be loving chill. If you're going to drink that vodka then don't go overboard.

And don't try to gently caress any girls that are passed out, you rapist.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

SnowblindFatal posted:

My previous alcohol experience is a sip from my mum's wineglass when I was 15. I'm going to a party tomorrow and my friends tell me it's the kind where everyone gets super hammered. I'm excited but also kinda nervous. What should I know about drinking alcohol? Is it ok to decline if someone offers a drink?

realtalk: eat something oily beforehand, a can of sardines an hour before makes you absorb alcohol at a more controlled pace as the oil lines your stomach. if you are a pansy, you can also down some milk or whatever. brush your teeth tho

drink plenty of water during, especially with shots. light snacking on chips or something might also help

next morning, when you wake up with a hangover, also eat something with a good ratio of fat/protein/carbs like a bacon sandwich (there's studies indicating this is probably the world's best, if not only, hangover cure [actually, there's another cure, and that is more alcohol in a form of a single beer or something, but you won't want to look at alcohol the next morning if this is your first time - seasoned travellers only]). you might feel like you don't want to swallow anything but trust me on this, eat one of them bitches. it'll either make you hurl and you'll feel better, or it'll make you feel better. and prepare some water near the place you will be sleeping if possible

I would say to pace yourself, but as this is your first time drinking, you won't be able to tell what to do, so that kind of advice is useless really. don't be afraid to turn down drinks if you feel really bad

And if you get super-smashed drunk, have someone check on you when you're asleep.

godspeed, future alcoholic goon

dex_sda fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Apr 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.
This guy was born in like 1998 or something. The thong song, the bum song, blink 182, the backstreet boys. These were are all literally before his time. Makes you think.

• Locked thread