Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I got age of wulin and age of wushu installed right now (i am an euro) but upon checking age of wulin it looks like they don't even tell you the server ping anymore at the sever select. That means most likely that the pink is craptastic at best and in age of wushu i get a 170ms ping which seems sort of okay i guess. Any ideas how to get a ping from age of wulin? I really want to play at 20ms and wreck everyone. =)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
They've never told you the ping at the start, those colored dots mean server population, not your ping to the server.

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
Forum post has been updated, they pushed server maintenance to 12:00pm server time - http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22183

OBAMAA

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

iSovereign posted:

Forum post has been updated, they pushed server maintenance to 12:00pm server time - http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=22183

OBAMAA

This is sad for you guys but it increases my chance of being a flutist sooooo :v:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

This is sad for you guys but it increases my chance of being a flutist sooooo :v:

Man, I'm tempted to pay the 5.5 ding, but I'm also tempted to save it and do the stupid quest thing. How far will one man go, to summon battle pork?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Man, I'm tempted to pay the 5.5 ding, but I'm also tempted to save it and do the stupid quest thing. How far will one man go, to summon battle pork?

No clue how long the questing will take to do. I wasn't tempted to do it on the CN servers since it's all written completely in Chinese and I can't read a word of it :(

iSovereign
Jul 10, 2013
SERVERS UP

iSovereign fucked around with this message at 17:27 on May 7, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

iSovereign posted:

SERVERS UP

Yay! I'm gonna get to make animal puns soon(ish)!

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

iSovereign posted:

SERVERS UP

The time of day and weather effects are really drat nice. I think everyone will love them, no more 2pm in the afternoon all the time!

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

GreatestNerdEver posted:

They've never told you the ping at the start, those colored dots mean server population, not your ping to the server.

At the log in when you select server i get a nice tiny little number with "ms" attached to it. It says 170ms for me. At the exact same spot for wulin this number is missing. Thats why i asked.

:shrug:

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Kidnapping no longer gives unbound unless it's the event period, it's all ogre for kidnap bots:smuggo:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Kidnapping no longer gives unbound unless it's the event period, it's all ogre for kidnap bots:smuggo:

loving. Finally.

I'll definitely start kidnapping again, loving snail should've put that poo poo in a year ago.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Dug up a treasure from the curtain interface, apparently I can trade them in at jinling.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
When betraying, you do keep your previous school's meridian levels. Grinding to 4th 30 time.

askas
Jun 17, 2013
Yes, after betraying my WV meridian was still 144. My school internals and skills are all completely gone as well. Another thing to note is when I tried to betray it gave me an error stating I couldn't be a deacon, elder, headmaster and that I had to remove my treasures. This literally means you need to remove your treasures.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
E: ^^^ treasures are level based so this makes perfect sense?

PassiveSentence posted:

When betraying, you do keep your previous school's meridian levels. Grinding to 4th 30 time.

Good to hear :toot:

So all I really lose is RG chain and since I'm not a beggar it doesn't matter. I won't be able to log in for another couple hours :smith:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Haquer posted:

E: ^^^ treasures are level based so this makes perfect sense?

Good to hear :toot:

So all I really lose is RG chain and since I'm not a beggar it doesn't matter. I won't be able to log in for another couple hours :smith:

I've sold my entire stock of flutes bro. :smith:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I've sold my entire stock of flutes bro. :smith:

Them's fightin words.

Has anyone found a recipe yet?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

askas posted:

Yes, after betraying my WV meridian was still 144. My school internals and skills are all completely gone as well. Another thing to note is when I tried to betray it gave me an error stating I couldn't be a deacon, elder, headmaster and that I had to remove my treasures. This literally means you need to remove your treasures.

I wonder if the position requirements apply to other methods. Anyone tried? Otherwise I'm stuck for a while.

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Dug up a treasure from the curtain interface, apparently I can trade them in at jinling.
Yeah I forgot to copy that one. Anything exciting?

GreatestNerdEver
Aug 3, 2007
I hate to burst bubbles, but to reset your kill value/unlearn sunflower/whatever, it takes a week total. Separate daily quests for each thing, takes 7 items to complete, and they are bound. Daily quests are easy.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

GreatestNerdEver posted:

I hate to burst bubbles, but to reset your kill value/unlearn sunflower/whatever, it takes a week total. Separate daily quests for each thing, takes 7 items to complete, and they are bound. Daily quests are easy.

What the gently caress. That's dumb as hell.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
[Chinagame Intensifies]

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
TESO is getting boring and the goons that play it are awful.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

TESO is getting boring and the goons that play it are awful.

angerbot posted:

[Chinagame Intensifies]

Got an email saying "You might qualify for a month of vip!". I think the time to return to chinagame is now.

e-The link to the verification page is giving me a 404. Snail, never change.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

FebrezeNinja posted:

I wonder if the position requirements apply to other methods. Anyone tried? Otherwise I'm stuck for a while.

Yeah I forgot to copy that one. Anything exciting?

300 of them unlocks a meridian, 600 the next one in the series! Don't recall if it was the 1st or 2nd meridian, but using it consumes a ton of cultivation too.

funakupo
May 9, 2006

the ultimate longterm partner
Oven Wrangler
Good news is 'Eagle Stronghold' and 'other mistakes' still prevail.

Bad news is I found zero recipe. I am not betraying, so I will leave that to others to advise if they find vendors they can purchase from. But I wandered every city and checked chef, music, blacksmith and nothing new fancy showed.

Tip:

When you come in, go to the bank to the event ambassador and pick up whatever quests there. Turning in one right away nets a bag full of stuff including big bags and boxes for those returning, 5 of 40% cult speed increase pills and some decent food with hour buff and 30 hunger (so you can even gain well fed trait). And then head to Luoyang and look at the loving pretty yellow trees in the evening light.

One final piece for now is Great East was in beggar chat looking for apprentices, so there clearly must be some edge he wants to exacerbate to win Wushu and has returned for it.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Did that faction quest from the bank, gonna have to wait until 22:00 to see what the semi random is that I get!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Collect 2 dragon bones, 10 wanderer's miraculous medicine and 2 aged vinegar (might be shanxi) for incognito.

dragonbone stone from school points, 10 brave-heart purifying liquor, shanxi mature vinegar, 10 Jile drug (poisonmaker).

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 21:21 on May 7, 2014

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

It takes two whole days to refine the incognito medicine.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Collect 2 dragon bones, 10 wanderer's miraculous medicine and 2 aged vinegar (might be shanxi) for incognito.

dragonbone stone from school points, 10 brave-heart purifying liquor, shanxi mature vinegar, 10 Jile drug (poisonmaker).

The Jile is easy at least, gaulth and toilet paper. Is brave heart the 700 HP pill you can get from egg breaking?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

FebrezeNinja posted:

The Jile is easy at least, gaulth and toilet paper. Is brave heart the 700 HP pill you can get from egg breaking?

Yeah I had a bunch of those I traded them to someone who had the other half of the items because he wouldn't tell me what they where until I sent him some liquor.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The new beggar zone boss is a giant snake named, "Snake Wang"

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.
We just killed a giant scorpion and got a "Different Blood" that wants me to feed it to a toad in rootless, now we're fighting a "Snake Wang"

Chinagame is so weird

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
NPC quests and spying reward you with pills that add 300 points to the skill you're cultivating. So there's actually a reason to go for 10/10 intelligence pieces now. There's a daily limit though.

You can now buy page 3s and 4s of some sets with jade points. The instance sets like gcc palm and drift sand have page 4s, and the other sets like snow palm and crazed demon staff have page 3s.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Script stealing now has 10 spawn locations and NPCs defending the shelves.

Also you basically get ruined books that probably let you buy whatever the gently caress book you want. FLYING HORSE FOR EVERYONE?

Shalhavet fucked around with this message at 01:15 on May 8, 2014

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Oh my god everything about this update is incredible. BETRAY YOUR SCHOOLS AND GET THE BEST SKILLS!

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer
Okay, applied to Goontangclan, this time for sure. It seems the first time it let me click the button to apply to join but that was during the tutorial before it actually lets you join a clan

e: nvm that was fast

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

Applied to the clan as Bong.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Mederlock posted:

Okay, applied to Goontangclan, this time for sure. It seems the first time it let me click the button to apply to join but that was during the tutorial before it actually lets you join a clan

e: nvm that was fast

We get a message when you apply so I instantly accepted you :sun:

Also, the Vagrant kicking set is amazing with low ping. I keep locking people with high ping into hilarious combos since you effectively have 5 charges + single target rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Some of my students have contacted me to warn me to not leave beggars since I'll lose everything, I explained incognito to them. Good kids for trying to warn me though. :)