Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

quote:

Childhood best friends Maggie Caruso (Lennon Parham, “Best Friends Forever”) and Emma Crawford (Jessica St. Clair, “Best Friends Forever”) have shared countless adventures growing up together in the charming town of Pinebrook, CT. Now, Maggie and Emma are in store for one of their biggest adventures—raising a baby. When Maggie discovers that her husband is having an online affair with a muscular German woman, Emma gives up her burgeoning business career in China to stay in their hometown and help Maggie raise her baby. Meanwhile, as Maggie prepares for the birth of her first child and the fallout of her marriage ending, Emma must confront the past that she abruptly left behind thirteen years ago -- her first love and local cop Mark, her prim-and-proper mother and a small town that she’s never felt comfortable in. Despite their differences – Emma is brash, bold, and assertive while Maggie is grounded, rational, and safe – the women complement each other the way only best friends can, by facing the challenges of their past, present and future--together.

Playing House is the 2nd sitcom series from Jessica StClair and Lennon Parham. To some those names will already mean something, but to those who don't listen to Comedy Bang Bang, or saw their short lived NBC sitcom 'Best Friends Forever', they are the reason to tune in. Jess and Lenn are truly and utterly in love with each other, on a platonic basis. They seem completely in sync, and thus work together on a regular basis.

You might know Jessica in minor roles in shows like "Veep" or Andy Daly's "Review", and also in the film "Bridesmaids". She's possibly most known on these forums for playing Marissa Wompler, a 16 year old (terrible) intern on the podcast Comedy Bang Bang, with Lennon playing her sniper-turned-teacher Charlotte Listler.

The AV Club did a pretty nice interview with the two of them to promote the show, it's definitely worth a read: http://www.avclub.com/article/stars-playing-house-talk-creepy-stares-lady-dates--203762

The 1st episode was put online, but the first two air tonight at 10pm on USA. It's only going to be a little show, but the first episode was fun and whenever Jess and Lenn work together it's always just awesome seeing two people with incredible chemistry together on screen.

Also, it gave me an excuse to make this based on the True Detective 'flat circle' meme:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Womp it the gently caress up! I'm really looking forward to this.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Also looking forward to this and thoroughly enjoyed BFF's.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

For anyone who hasn't seen the first episode, it's up on the show site. Glad 2 are airing tonight as I hate it when episodes air that I've already seen!

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

gotta love that meme. having some hearty rear end lols over heere.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
This is already awesome.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Zach Woods slams are so hot right now.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Making a crazy prediction - this brunch will not go well.

Call me crazy!

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Brock Samson posted:

Making a crazy prediction - this brunch will not go well.

It's actually going well so far. Even if bird-bones Tina doesn't remember them.

edit:

Spoke too soon

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Apr 30, 2014

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
Yeah, I'm definitely on board for as long as this show runs. I think I'd enjoy anything involving Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham hanging out. Anything else is a bonus.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Very solid premiere. I enjoyed BFF, but this was just better on every level. Definitely looking forward to next week.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

As expected this was fantastic.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Really hope that Zach Woods and Lindsay Sloane continue to pop up, they're both really good in their roles.

I didn't know that Adam Pally was originally cast in Best Friends Forever, I'd love to see that pilot (presuming it was shot). But yeah, this just feels a bit better than BFF and I think USA is the perfect home for them. Perfect summer season show and I hope it gets a renewal for them.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

A very solid premiere, I think what really helps this show is that you can clearly see the two leads are having a hell of a lot of fun bouncing of each other and the rest of the cast.

e: Also that meme is awesome.

Lugaloco fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Apr 30, 2014

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
The first episode didn't really do it for me, but it's a pilot so that's to be expected. The second episode was much better. Looking forward to next week's episode. Overall, a very pleasant show. Would've been great if they had gotten Melissa Rauch (Danielle from the Wompiverse) to play Birdbones.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

By far my favourite part so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ob2wD4RozcE

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I laughed a lot at the whole Cadbury Creme Eggs bit.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme

Punch Card posted:

Yeah, I'm definitely on board for as long as this show runs. I think I'd enjoy anything involving Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham hanging out. Anything else is a bonus.

This truth here is my truth as well. Great start, hope it catches steam and finds an audience.

Groundfish
Jan 24, 2013
I love this show so far. I had to rewind the scene where they cracked themselves up outside of Birdbones' door about 4 times because it made me laugh so hard. Do I need to watch Best Friends Forever? I'd never even heard of it, but if it's along the same lines as this, I'm in.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Basically same show. Only 6 eps, worth watching and fun.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

New episode tonight!

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Oh hey Jane Kaczmarek. Neat

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I need to hear you say it

I don't want to

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

:siren:moveon.org:siren:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Lugaloco posted:

:siren:moveon.org:siren:
womptastic

Annakie
Apr 20, 2005

"It's pretty bad, isn't it? I know it's pretty bad. Ever since I can remember..."
I've been enjoying the hell out of this show, between the leads and Zach Woods and Keegan-Michael Key, all of whom I love.

And then tonight guest starring Ryan "Captain Awesome" McPartlin AND Andy Daly? :love:

This show is magic.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

That was "Captain Awesome"? I knew I've seen that guy from somewhere. And he's still awesome.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This show is so good. And Jane Kaczmarek as Jessica St. Clair's mom is a home run casting job.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Last week's episode was a little weak, but this week's was much better. I squealed when Andy Daly came on.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I just marathoned the first four episodes tonight. I have to say this is so much better than I thought it would be, way better than something on USA deserves to be.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was hoping she'd stick with Andy Daly because then you could pretend this was a prequel to Review.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme

muscles like this? posted:

I was hoping she'd stick with Andy Daly because then you could pretend this was a prequel to Review.

:aaaaa:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Jason Mantzoukas episode = best episode.

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Well that was easily the best episode thus far.

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
I was already in love with this show, but then an episode with Mantzoukas, Lutz, and Rush? Holy goddamn poo poo!

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Really good episodes recently, last nights was lots of fun.

Lennon's character felt a bit like the crawdad from The League, and Jessica's speech to rehouse the ex was great. And Zach Woods is always great, love that the side characters pop up to get their own stories.

Really hope they get renewed off the basis of the episodes so far. Seems to be well liked by those watching it at least.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I'm liking this show a lot. St Clair and Parnham have such a great natural chemistry and they've surrounded themselves with some of the funniest TV actors around. Definitely hoping for a renewal.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
Hands down the best part:

"I'm gonna ho home and eat these waffles. Dry. Dry as a goddamn bone"

"Please, drink some water!"

"No!"

This may be my favorite new comedy.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

Ramrod XTreme
RIP Bosephus (maybe)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I liked the twist of the twist where it was her but she still was trying to scam him.

• Locked thread