Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Today I wen't and paid a visit to Pro Wrestling Academy and sat in on a class. On Thursday I am going to be taking my first Pro Wrestling class. It's going to be $30 a class and I am going to start at once a week.

It did kind of scare me watching them bump. The ring they were using sounded loud when they hit it and one guy hit one of the steel beams under the ring and hurt his back. I'm just hoping I don't break in half when I do it.

As to the why I am doing this. I just turned 27 this past Sunday and I figured now is a better time than any to do it. I always wanted to try it but always felt that I had more important things to do between class and work. Now that I am no longer in college and am under employed I figured why the gently caress not.

Edit: Fixed some grammar. I know, I suck at words. HulkaMatt, can you change the title to "I'm going to be a Pro Wrestler!"? I thought I would just be clever with the title .

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Apr 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

let's

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

BigRed0427 posted:

Today I wen't and paid a visit to Pro Wrestling Academy and sat in on a class. On Thursday I am going to be taking my first Pro Wrestling class. It's going to be $30 a class and I am going to start at once a week.

It did kind of scare me watching them bump. The ring they were using sounded loud when they hit it and one guy hit one of the steel beams under the ring and hurt his back. I'm just hoping I don't break in half when I do it.

As to the why I am doing this. I just turned 27 this past sunday and I figured now is a better time than any to do it. I always wanted to try it but always felt that I had more important things to do between class and work. Now that I am no longer in collage and am under employed I figured why the gently caress not.

How far are you from the mean streets of Greenwich, CT? I mean it's probably not necessary to become a wrestler but it couldn't hurt.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

Awesome news. You've got at least one goon rooting for you :3:

What were your initial impressions? Big class, small class? Only one trainer?

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Roman Reigns posted:

Awesome news. You've got at least one goon rooting for you :3:

What were your initial impressions? Big class, small class? Only one trainer?

It was about 8 students (7 guys, 1 girl) and two teachers.The building was pretty much a small garage.

And I am about an hour from Greenwich. My neighborhood might be considered just one step below it though.

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.
I actually legitimately looked into this as I'm a tall, reasonably athetic guy and have a decent frame and I figure that I'm 30 now so while there's no way WWE would touch me, I may have 5-10 decent years in the indies.

Sadly I live in Seattle which apparently has no indie wrestling, schools or whatever, so I'll just live vicariously through you. Good luck!

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Contraction of "let us", learn to English.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

lettuce indeeed

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
He said collage and you made fun of him for let's.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

y'all don't know squat about majestic plurals and it pisses me off

is the head trainer Josef Von Schmidt the guy on the indies with the very dedicated nazi gimmick? Like he used to defend himself in youtube comments section totally in kayfabe with everything that entails

-edit-

yeah the website says his finisher is the Concentration Clamp so it's probably the same guy

oatgan fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 30, 2014

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Work on your character first. I don't care if you are Daniel Bryan in the ring if you can't cut a promo I simply won't support you or your dream.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

oatgan posted:

y'all don't know squat about majestic plurals and it pisses me off

is the head trainer Josef Von Schmidt the guy on the indies with the very dedicated nazi gimmick? Like he used to defend himself in youtube comments section totally in kayfabe with everything that entails

-edit-

yeah the website says his finisher is the Concentration Clamp so it's probably the same guy

Thread just got interesting

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

He has a Tripod site

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9aQVk_9lBg8

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Voted 5, goldmine the thread now.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

When you go to the first class, act like you're hot poo poo and refuse to take any bumps because you know Nick Lovin' and he has the connections to get you on nationally televised wrestling.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Cory Lidle posted:

He said collage and you made fun of him for let's.

i wasn't trying to point out a typo or anything idk what you and other guy are talking about

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
The spot where he makes his opponent do the salute is dedication to craft. I mean if you're going to be a Nazi, own it.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

hope it works out for you, though, wrestling school always sounded like fun

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

Don't say anything. Follow directions and volunteer for everything.

Learn your basics and do them well.

Also give stiff chops, every time.

edit: watch Ricky Steamboat do an armdrag and perfect it. Everything else is easy.

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes
Living vicariously through you, as the Australian wrestling scene is virtually non existent.

I hope you do well dude

God Of Paradise
Jan 23, 2012
You know, I'd be less worried about my 16 year old daughter dating a successful 40 year old cartoonist than dating a 16 year old loser.

I mean, Jesus, kid, at least date a motherfucker with abortion money and house to have sex at where your mother and I don't have to hear it. Also, if he treats her poorly, boom, that asshole's gonna catch a statch charge.

Please, John K. Date my daughter... Save her from dating smelly dropouts who wanna-be Soundcloud rappers.

Blasmeister posted:

Thread just got interesting

He uses a move called the Cradolf Hitler-plex, hahaha.

If you wanna work, there's DOA in Portland and then ECCW in Vancouver.

God Of Paradise fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Apr 30, 2014

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Mr Gorgon Holmes posted:

Living vicariously through you, as the Australian wrestling scene is virtually non existent.

I hope you do well dude
Where do you live? There's a lot of wrestlers in Australia.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Yeah the main cities do. If he's a bumpkin though he's poo poo out of luck and there's great distance between our capitals. 1000 kms in most cases.

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX47tVFh0z8

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won
I was curious enough to check out the local wrestling school's website... Sadly it's on the Gold Coast, about an hour away :( not having a car would make that difficult, too. Also I'm a tall skinny dude with lovely muscles and probably bad cardio, so there's that too. Rooting for you dude, keep us updated on how it goes! Wrestling sounds like it'd be a lot of fun if I had the time and money to get into it. Maybe over the uni holidays...

Mr Gorgon Holmes
Aug 1, 2007
Ask me about being possesed by the spirit of John Holmes

The Narrator posted:

I was curious enough to check out the local wrestling school's website... Sadly it's on the Gold Coast, about an hour away :( not having a car would make that difficult, too. Also I'm a tall skinny dude with lovely muscles and probably bad cardio, so there's that too. Rooting for you dude, keep us updated on how it goes! Wrestling sounds like it'd be a lot of fun if I had the time and money to get into it. Maybe over the uni holidays...

IPW's school is an hour away from me I looked it up, it's sparked my interest

This thread has truly became let's become a Pro Wrestler

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
OP, I'll be living vicariously through you because I'm short and out of shape and also not super interested in picking tacks and barbed wire and broken glass out of my skin.

Become the best pro wrestler you can. Also start doing DDP Yoga so you can be as good as Goldust.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

The Narrator posted:

My bigger issue with the Australian wrestling culture is how bogan it is (at least all the shows I've attended in Brisbane). As an inner-city uni student, I just can't take some of these people and their terrible accents.

Basically I want something that's as inner city trendy as my circus class, except when you piledrive someone it's on purpose and you don't need to apologise.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Wazzu posted:

My bigger issue with the Australian wrestling culture is how bogan it is (at least all the shows I've attended in Brisbane). As an inner-city uni student, I just can't take some of these people and their terrible accents.

Basically I want something that's as inner city trendy as my circus class, except when you piledrive someone it's on purpose and you don't need to apologise.

You're training to be a loving carnie and you look down on wrestling fans because of their accents? We shoulda nuked Australia harder.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

He got him good.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Hey Beasley, I know I could tell you on FB, but it's better here:

Get a "Silicon Valley douschebag" gimmick and hit people with tablets. Have it not do anything and then, when you lose, cut a promo on the Lenovo A1000 being a piece of poo poo.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

No, make your name B.A. Starr and be an anti-bully.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Shima Honnou posted:

OP, I'll be living vicariously through you because I'm short and out of shape and also not super interested in picking tacks and barbed wire and broken glass out of my skin.

Become the best pro wrestler you can. Also start doing DDP Yoga so you can be as good as Goldust.

I knew you were being silly, but if I got as good as Goldust, I'd be pretty pleased. He may not have surpassed or equaled his dad as a draw but he sure as poo poo became better as a worker.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

No, make your name B.A. Starr and be an anti-bully.
Possibly even a Neo-Nazi.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

coconono posted:

You're training to be a loving carnie and you look down on wrestling fans because of their accents? We shoulda nuked Australia harder.

Bogans are scum, and your American perspective on this is insane. Circus people are fine.

More specifically, the last wrestling show I attended was full of drunk yobos hurling homophobic abuse, that's the kind of people I want to avoid.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Wazzu posted:

Bogans are scum, and your American perspective on this is insane. Circus people are fine.

More specifically, the last wrestling show I attended was full of drunk yobos hurling homophobic abuse, that's the kind of people I want to avoid.

Translate things like bogan and yobo into American so that we have an idea what you're talking about.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Shima Honnou posted:

Translate things like bogan and yobo into American so that we have an idea what you're talking about.

I've watched Mad Max like 40 times I think I can translate...

He's talking about the Nightrider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I think bogan is kangaroo language for white trash.

• Locked thread