Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

OneTrueBru posted:

:siren: I, OneTrueBru, oath 1 Ravenwing biker (from the DV starter set) for May 2014 :siren:
Accepted!

Ledgem posted:

Oath retaken!

And yes, honour guard is two dudes.
Accepted! And thanks for understanding!

Iris of Ether posted:

:unsmigghh: I just dropped a mention in the Trad Games Kickstarter thread as well. Let's pull the board gamers in, too.
Great! I have lots of board game pieces that could use some painting.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

Oh poo poo there are three more angels!

Additional Oath: Three more Mantic Basilean Elohi
Cool! However an additional Oath requires another Oath picture (with timestamp) - get that in and all is well :)

Iris of Ether posted:

Krushgroove, et al: How do we want to handle this?
First: go back in time and take Geography classes.
Second: edit the OP and wiki to change the rule and helpful link to AMERCAN Samoa (who knew there are two Samoas? not this guy!)
Third: everyone posting up to now with Samoan time zone is fine, from henceforth it'll need to be American Samoa.
Fourth: there is no fourth!

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 6 Space Marines from Games Workshop.
Accepted!
...thanks?

lovestick posted:

No problem! Click for big, pardon the poor lighting in my office.

Could you squeeze in maybe just one more screen? Maybe on a tablet and phablet?

Slimnoid posted:

Well uh, I kind of finished all the models by this point and I'm waiting for the varnish to dry.

So uh. Should I still take a new photo?
I'm sure I said 'whatever you've got painted so far is fine' like we always do, so go ahead and make it your Oath Complete picture if you'd like (as you've done already), and just remember to use American Samoa for next time :)

JerryLee posted:

finally got my immediate painting queue cleared out, let's do this

:getin:I, JerryLee, oath that I will paint six Druids of Orboros:getin:

In case anyone doesn't know, these are 28mm models by Privateer Press.
Accepted!

Grabpot Thundergust posted:

OK, here goes. I haven't painted anything since my son was born last September, so I'm probably going to be hellishly rusty and I wasn't ever that great anyway.

:frogsiren:I, Grabpot Thundergust, oath that I will paint one 10-man Dark Angels tactical squad (GW, 28mm) for the month of May:frogsiren:
Accepted!

enri posted:

:siren: I enri do hereby oath for the month of May... :siren:

1 x 'Skabrus' (Skaven floating dead fish ship from Dreadfleet), approximately 1/2400 (0.67mm) scale (I'll take Leperflesh's word for it)
Accepted!

Iris of Ether posted:

I managed to hit my storage unit this weekend to see if there was anything interesting in there for the prize pool.

Krushgroove, as soon as my next Reaper order gets in, I'll ship this to you for prizes.
I'll be in touch!

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint these 4 space marines from Dark Vengeance, the current previous starter set for Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k.

I'm going for speed painting, parts list, and INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL.
Accepted! ...and you've...uh, got a little something on your screen, there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

krushgroove posted:

First: go back in time and take Geography classes.
Second: edit the OP and wiki to change the rule and helpful link to AMERCAN Samoa (who knew there are two Samoas? not this guy!)
Third: everyone posting up to now with Samoan time zone is fine, from henceforth it'll need to be American Samoa.

FYI there's another link in the OP and a few references to Samoa that you haven't changed yet.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ghetto wormhole posted:

FYI there's another link in the OP and a few references to Samoa that you haven't changed yet.

Thanks, the OP is now fully updated and I'll get to the wiki ASAP.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint these 4 space marines from Dark Vengeance, the current previous starter set for Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k.

I'm going for speed painting, parts list, and INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL.

:pcgaming: OATH COMPLETE :pcgaming:

WIP shots:

Silver paint only, on top of base:

Gold and Brass are done, waiting for red trim and weapon paint:

Painting is done, time for a wash and base work:

Parts list

Paints: Khorne Red (trim on shoulder pads and wrists)
Gehenna's Gold (vents on backpack, eyes, mouth of helmet)
Leadbelcher (main body/limb color)
Abaddon Black (knee/elbow pads, shoulderpad markings, weapon magazine)
Runelord Brass (backpack, except for vents)
Warplock Bronze (weapon)

Wash: Nuln Oil

Base: Tundra/Ash flock

Backstory:
Scouts have an equal chance of being assigned to either an assault squad or a tactical squad in a random company within the chapter, depending on the most recent battlefield losses. These 4 marines are the newest members of 3rd squad, 4th company of the Twilight Hunters. If they survive, they'll be promoted to a position in a devastator squad and given either a lascannon or a plasma cannon. From there, they'll move into the assault bike squad for their company; these marines are vying for a position in the commander's retinue, where the company commander keeps a constant watch for seasoned marines that should be inducted into the elite first company.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 7, 2014

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Welp, may as well keep working on toy soldiers.

I, ForkBanger, oath Mr. Tannen and two Beckoners for May.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Icon Of Sin posted:

:pcgaming: OATH COMPLETE :pcgaming:

I'm giving you Season 5iver as well for first oath, and Double the Fun for doing at least 2 activities on the same set of figures. Since it looks like (by timestamps) you painted these up in 2 hours, would you like to claim Speed Painting as well?

Edit: Since you expressed intent to speed paint in your Oath post, I'll give it to you. :)

:siren: Anyone else reading this, please try to list everything you achieved in your Oath Complete post, so that I don't miss anything! :siren:

ForkBanger posted:

These are Wyrd Miniatures (Malifaux), correct? 28mm scale?

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 7, 2014

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

Oh, sorry.

Yes, Wyrd Games for Malifaux, 32mm scale.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

ForkBanger posted:

Accepted!

And for anyone waiting on replies to PMs or in the Season 4 Oath Thread, I'll get to all that as soon as I can! Kind of snowed under right now.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ijyt posted:

I, ijyt, oath (1) Games Workshop Tau XV88 Broadside Battlesuit (28mm) for the month of May 2014.

Oath addition! (1) Games Workshop Tau XV88 Broadside Battlesuit (28mm) for a total of (2).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Hey, what's your favourite Clash song? No not that one... Or that one... Scratch, that, what's *a* Clash song? Four Horsemen plus a spare

I Weirdo Oath to paint these five Chaos Knights, Games Workshop 28mm, to use as four psychopomps, with the additional horseman acting as a "dark rider". If anyone has any suggestions for great colour schemes for Chaos Knights, please share them! I'm not constrained by an army theme, and am fine with 4 clashing-coloured NPC/boss battles :black101::orks:

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 9, 2014

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Lets see if I did this right.

I WhiteOutMouse oath 13 lasgunners Mantic Corporation miniatures, 28mm scale on 25mm bases.
edit: Theme! These guys will all look the same under my Brotherhood of Nod theme I am doing for my army!

Now here's the rub. Minis are sprayed red but the bases are still black. I think that disqualifies me? Or are bases not really factored in?

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 9, 2014

Egregious Offences
Jun 15, 2013
:mensch:My first oath!:mensch:

I, Egregious Offences, oath to paint one Nova Corp Sergeant from Reaper Minis for the month of May 2014!

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
From the wiki:

quote:

If you do the theme and correct Oath and post finished pictures of your model on time, you'll earn 10 points in a month
I think that 10 points number is a copy-paste leftover from last year's rules. Isn't the standard max score now 5 points per month before judging/achievements?

I quite like the point streamlining now, especially the change to current/previous jurnal score. I just need to go find something to oath for this month so I can start the season off properly...

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
For this month's Jurnal, do you need to post each progress shot as you take it, or can you wait and post them all at the end?

I was planning on doing the latter but I see some folks doing the former so I thought I'd clarify.

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Additional oath! A Thrullg, Croak Hunter, and Rask:Bog Trog Warlock:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Deanut Pancer posted:

From the wiki:

I think that 10 points number is a copy-paste leftover from last year's rules. Isn't the standard max score now 5 points per month before judging/achievements?

I quite like the point streamlining now, especially the change to current/previous jurnal score. I just need to go find something to oath for this month so I can start the season off properly...

That's correct, it should be 5 points now.

JerryLee posted:

For this month's Jurnal, do you need to post each progress shot as you take it, or can you wait and post them all at the end?

I was planning on doing the latter but I see some folks doing the former so I thought I'd clarify.

I'd actually prefer all 3 in-progress shots be posted in your Oath Complete post. :) If people want to post them before then as additional thread content, though, go right ahead!

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

OATH COMPLETE!

14 orcs, basecoated only. The goal here is to just get paint on the model and cover up all the white parts, except what's going to be yellow. Accuracy is of secondary concern.

14 orcs drowning in washes and inks. I don't do anything with the skin because A: I don't have a green ink and B: having the skin be the only un-inked thing gives it a different texture which imo is appropriate for skin. I do hit eyes, mouths, and fingernails with nuln oil for contrast, though.

14 orcs, repainted over. Some areas, like the tunics, get re-application of the basecoat, but other stuff gets a whole highlight layer. These orcs are almost done, except for the highlights and fiddly poo poo (which won't be too elaborate, since this is mass-production month)

Oath complete! Only took about four days. Because of that...

I, Under 15, add the following to my Oath(and put my immortal soul back in peril of Oath Failure:)

10 Night Goblins
2 Night Goblin Fanatics
1 Night Goblin Shaman

All GW miniatures, 28mm.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.

krushgroove posted:

Perfect sprue positioning for easy counting! However, I can't see the location on the time zone screen :( Not a biggie, but can you please re-take the picture so the screen is fully readable?

I'm sorry for not taking this photo until now, work is being a bastard at the moment. Is this ok?

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.

Haydrian posted:

I'm sorry for not taking this photo until now, work is being a bastard at the moment. Is this ok?

And that is not just terrible Samsung color correction, I have advanced from sprues to trimmed and primed (with Krylon Red Oxide).

Fake edit: and I quoted myself. Terrific.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Under 15 posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

These are great I love cartoony paint jobs

Canspark
Apr 2, 2012
This should be fun! New to this, so I hope I've got it right.

I, Canspark, oath to paint the following:
1. Bird Wizard - Games Workshop
2. Chaos Shirtless Coolguy - Games Workshop
3. Orc Brawler - Reaper
4. Wraith - Reaper
5. A Barrel - Dwarf Forge

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK! catching up...again...to fall behind not long from now...

ijyt posted:

Oath addition! (1) Games Workshop Tau XV88 Broadside Battlesuit (28mm) for a total of (2).
Accepted!

Weirdo posted:

Hey, what's your favourite Clash song? No not that one... Or that one... Scratch, that, what's *a* Clash song? Four Horsemen plus a spare

I Weirdo Oath to paint these five Chaos Knights, Games Workshop 28mm, to use as four psychopomps, with the additional horseman acting as a "dark rider". If anyone has any suggestions for great colour schemes for Chaos Knights, please share them! I'm not constrained by an army theme, and am fine with 4 clashing-coloured NPC/boss battles :black101::orks:
I'll need to ask you to re-take the picture with the correct time zone (American Samoa, the links are in the second post of the OP) - whatever you've painted so far is just fine!

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Lets see if I did this right.

I WhiteOutMouse oath 13 lasgunners Mantic Corporation miniatures, 28mm scale on 25mm bases.
edit: Theme! These guys will all look the same under my Brotherhood of Nod theme I am doing for my army!

Now here's the rub. Minis are sprayed red but the bases are still black. I think that disqualifies me? Or are bases not really factored in?
You're fine on the color, however the time zone is American Samoa, not Samoa (see my previous posts where I question my humanhood for not knowing my geography!). You're OK this time because it was my mistake, just remember American Samoa for any future oaths and additions :)

Egregious Offences posted:

:mensch:My first oath!:mensch:

I, Egregious Offences, oath to paint one Nova Corp Sergeant from Reaper Minis for the month of May 2014!

You're good! Accepted! however just make sure the country name is visible in future Oath pictures, I'm letting this one go because the screen clearly says 'major cities in American Samoa' - see other Oath pictures where the country name is in the orange headline for examples.

Deanut Pancer posted:

From the wiki:

Thanks, I've corrected this and a few other things in the wiki. Eventually the wiki will be fully fleshed out and have more pages for sponsors, galleries and more. The end goal is to have the barest minimum of rules in the OP and point everyone at the wiki for all the details!

JerryLee posted:

Like Iris of Ether has said, it's easiest for her and I to see all the Achievements claimed in bold in the final Oath Complete post, with picture, parts lists, etc., all that stuff, so no one has to scroll through old posts. If it's all in one place we'll see it and you'll get the points you deserve! If it's hard to find, you'll have a hard time trying to get your points corrected.

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Additional oath! A Thrullg, Croak Hunter, and Rask:Bog Trog Warlock:siren:
These are Privateer Press.
Perfect! Accepted!

Under 15 posted:

I, Under 15, add the following to my Oath(and put my immortal soul back in peril of Oath Failure:)

10 Night Goblins
2 Night Goblin Fanatics
1 Night Goblin Shaman

All GW miniatures, 28mm.
Great! Accepted!

Haydrian posted:

all good! Accepted! Thanks for re-taking the pic :)

Canspark posted:

This should be fun! New to this, so I hope I've got it right.

I, Canspark, oath to paint the following:
1. Bird Wizard - Games Workshop
2. Chaos Shirtless Coolguy - Games Workshop
3. Orc Brawler - Reaper
4. Wraith - Reaper
5. A Barrel - Dwarf Forge

'a barrel' - I love it! :) Accepted!

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
I, muskets, oath to paint this Perry Miniatures WW2 Universal Carrier Mk. I and crew. 28mm, metal and resin, using them for Bolt Action.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Did we lose a bunch of sponsors this season?

The list seems shorter.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
This is the current list: http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/SA_TG_Oath_Thread_Wiki#Prize_Sponsors

I'm only listing sponsors as they're confirming, so I've got lines out to KR Multicase and other places but until I have a definite 'yes' they're not on the list. There are several returning sponsors, and Badger have upped their pledge, with Minitaire starter sets every quarter. There's a lot of goon sponsors as well, including $200 in total from Warpathgames.com and Lumbering Troll, huge terrain sets from Germ's Worldsmith Industries, Dagon is chipping in a tenner every month for DriveThruRPG and WargameVault stuff, and even a Warmachine starter set every quarter from Stabbington.

muskets posted:

I, muskets, oath to paint this Perry Miniatures WW2 Universal Carrier Mk. I and crew. 28mm, metal and resin, using them for Bolt Action.
Accepted!

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Wasn't there a mystery new sponsor?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
There is/was, and I'm trying to work out things so it still happens :)

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

krushgroove posted:

This is the current list: http://sa-tg-oath-thread.wikia.com/wiki/SA_TG_Oath_Thread_Wiki#Prize_Sponsors

I'm only listing sponsors as they're confirming, so I've got lines out to KR Multicase and other places but until I have a definite 'yes' they're not on the list. There are several returning sponsors, and Badger have upped their pledge, with Minitaire starter sets every quarter. There's a lot of goon sponsors as well, including $200 in total from Warpathgames.com and Lumbering Troll, huge terrain sets from Germ's Worldsmith Industries, Dagon is chipping in a tenner every month for DriveThruRPG and WargameVault stuff, and even a Warmachine starter set every quarter from Stabbington.
Accepted!

Corvus Belli why have you forsaken us?

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
They're one of the ones I need to contact :) worry not! We'll have plenty of good stuff as you can see, and probably even have enough for a double-dip in the Grab Bag each month.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm also offering the same prize again this year for Saving da Whales: the winner's choice of either rescuing some old-rear end classic miniatures from my collection, or a $25 gift cert at the online store of their choice.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Right, let's give this a try. I messed up last November by dropping a Warhammer rulebook on the unit I oathed, which sort of dampended my spirits. New season, new start.

I, Elfface, oath to paint this Malifaux Hired Swords box.

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
:11tea: I, the Supreme Court, oath six night goblins and five Dreadfleet treasure tokens, all by Games Workshop, for May. :11tea:

The goblins are 28mm, while the Dreadfleet markers are tokens, not to scale. I'm not going to touch them for several days due to exams, but wanted to the oath in help with study motivation!

Leperflesh posted:

Me too, both of these things! Except I bought myself my airbrush for christmas, and it was christmas 2012. :negative:
Can't wait to see your dreadfleet models! I'm looking for inspiration on the paint schemes: are you following the GW guide? I'll probably be asking for airbrush tips too, I'm completely new to it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The Supreme Court posted:

Can't wait to see your dreadfleet models! I'm looking for inspiration on the paint schemes: are you following the GW guide? I'll probably be asking for airbrush tips too, I'm completely new to it.

I'm not following the GW guide. I'm still a newb with the airbrush, but I've learned a bit from watching Youtube videos and a lot from the painting thread in this here forum. That's definitely the first place to go to learn, it's an amazing resource and anyone here who wants some painting tips should head over there.

So far, I've painted those little cup tokens, the dwarf ship, and a couple of sea monsters, all as 2011/12 oaths before I got my airbrush:

Sorry about the poor lighting, I took all of these photos at like 3 minutes before the oath deadline, in a huge hurry to try and get them in, because I am a relentless procrastinator.

e. And I just realized, that ship wasn't done when I took that photo, I think it's a failed oath. I'll try and take some better photos at some point soon.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:31 on May 9, 2014

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:siren: The Season 5 Oath Spreadsheet is here! :siren:

I still need to clean up some of the calculation spreadsheets (the quarterly stuff is pretty broken right now), but you can now check to see if you've been included properly. You can also check the Achievements tab to see if I gave you all the One Time Bonuses that you've earned so far.

I'll add prize columns once I have a better idea what we've got. The Grand Total sheet needs some elbow grease, so ignore it for now. :)

Red text or yellow highlighting on your name means that Krushgroove raised an issue with your oath that needs to be resolved. It's pretty much mostly that your Oath picture needs to be retaken, though we do have one invalid oath that snuck in there.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
And, because I could, Speed Painting Submission!

Viktoria of Ashes from my oath, started just after submitting the post. Have a few close-ups too. I may not be the best painter, far too unsteady to do fine details, but I think I can be pretty quick when I try.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Aaaah I need to get going on my oathing!

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I, Ripley, oath to paint one Agema Marksman and one Thorakitai for May (Infinity / Corvus Belli / 28mm).

I've been putting off touching any Infinity models because they're so tiny and detailed, but you've got to start somewhere.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
Oath complete!

Final shot with a completely unnecessary timestamp, since I missed speed painting by several hours:

WIP shots for the Inquisitor's Journal:

Basecoat

Followed up with some basic ink washes

Highlighted back up with a drybrush and added War Department number decals

Sponge weathering with paint and brown wash

And the final assembled vehicle with the crew and stowage glued in place:

Bonuses attempted: Season 5iver, Inquisitor's Journal for May

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Hey Krushgroove, does Season 5iver count for the purposes of Double the Fun?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I'd say no, as that would mean everyone automatically gets it if they do a journal.

• Locked thread