Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rahotep75
May 21, 2012

I'm just a wild and crazy kind of god.
I, Rahotep75, do hereby oath 1 Jakara Spyre Hunter, 2 Malcadon Spyre Hunters, 1 Orrus Spyre Hunter and 1 Yeld Spyre Hunter, all from Games Workshop.

Bringing it back old school with some old Spyrer Hunters, for an upcoming Necromunda campaign.

Going for Themed Group as a gang of Spyre Hunters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
I, jodai, hereby Oath 5 Wild West Exodus Outlaws: 2 Raider Close Combat, 2 Bandit Long Range and a Bandit Heavy Weapon, all from Outlaw Miniatures, 30mm.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath one 1er Régiment de Para-Commandos` (Corvus Belli) and eleven 6mm Norman Spearmen (Baccus Miniatures)

Man that SAGA game has some weird rear end squad rules :v:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

NTRabbit posted:

Man that SAGA game has some weird rear end squad rules :v:

The Giantess with a machine gun is a well documented part of history, I'll have you know!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Vermintide posted:

I, Vermintide, oath to paint a Skaven Warplock Jezzail, Warpfire Thrower and Ratling Gun, and the Mystery Mini Bin has given me a Tau Kroot, all Games Workshop, for May 2014.
You're all good, but there's no more Awwww! a BABY! bonus - it's too hard to keep track of who's really a first-time oather. Instead, we have the Season 5iver Achievement, which EVERYONE gets just for completing their first oath this season :) So you still get your point, but everyone else can earn it too.

Rahotep75 posted:

I, Rahotep75, do hereby oath 1 Jakara Spyre Hunter, 2 Malcadon Spyre Hunters, 1 Orrus Spyre Hunter and 1 Yeld Spyre Hunter, all from Games Workshop.

jodai posted:

I, jodai, hereby Oath 5 Wild West Exodus Outlaws: 2 Raider Close Combat, 2 Bandit Long Range and a Bandit Heavy Weapon, all from Outlaw Miniatures, 30mm.
All of these oaths are Accepted!

Lungboy posted:

I, Lungboy, oath to paint 1 (one) Space Marine with Multi Melta from Games Workshop (28mm) for May:
I hate to be pedantic, but that's my lot in life (at least in this thread) - the time zone should be American Samoa, not Samoa - the OP and wiki were changed last week to reflect the correction. Would you mind terribly taking another picture with the right time zone? Whatever you've painted already will be fine, but I've asked several other people to retake their photos and I don't want to be seen to be giving any favoritism.

bhsman posted:

Finished with law school for the Spring, so I'll be getting back to oathin', soon. :getin:
So go on, get crackin'!

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

krushgroove posted:

I hate to be pedantic, but that's my lot in life (at least in this thread) - the time zone should be American Samoa, not Samoa - the OP and wiki were changed last week to reflect the correction. Would you mind terribly taking another picture with the right time zone? Whatever you've painted already will be fine, but I've asked several other people to retake their photos and I don't want to be seen to be giving any favoritism.

Bloody Americans, taking over everything! :arghfist:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lungboy posted:

Haha, thanks for that Accepted!

(meanwhile I'm in the UK stealing all the a British women woman with my silk stockings and cigarettes!)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Lungboy posted:

More importantly, whose job is it to inform Samoa they have new owners? :v:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Just posting my horses again to show the Samoans. Not much but finally got to prime some now that Vancouver is sunny :yaycloud:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

krushgroove posted:

(meanwhile I'm in the UK stealing all the a British women woman with my silk stockings and cigarettes!)

Have fun with our snaggle-toothed slags!

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

What a view!

Grimey Drawer

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath 6 Rune Golems. From Battlelore 2. Edition by Fantasy Flight Games.

Additionally, I oath 4 Riverwatch Riders also from Battlelore 2. Edition.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Lungboy posted:

Have fun with our snaggle-toothed slags!

Ah, mine has fine teeth, but she's a Yorkshire lass so I get put in my place quite a bit :P

Electric Hobo posted:

Additionally, I oath 4 Riverwatch Riders also from Battlelore 2. Edition.
Accepted!

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Well, still plenty to paint so I, Khorne Flakes, am oathing an additional Pyre Troll for the month of May.

Pyre Troll from Privateer Press

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Getting back into painting and playing, so I figured I might as well go to the oath thread.

I, tweekinator, oath this single empire crossbowman (GW, 28mm) for the month of May.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
OATH COMPLETE

Detektuv's Jurnal

Backstory

quote:

North of Qatar and West of Numas lies the city of Neferhesek, the Jewel in the eye of Djaf, the broad, statue-lined streets of it's temple district becoming the narrow winding alleys of its markets. It is from these dusty spiderlike streets that howls of pain and outrage ring out over the city. Prince Kem-Sedjet is at it again.

His chariot, stained black and studded with fist-sized amethysts hammers down another market lane, scattering the lucky and grinding the less lucky under mighty bronze plated wheels. The Prince cares not. The Prince knows not, for the Prince is currently gazing into the eyes of the courtesan he picked up outside his father's temple. His steely blue eyes lock with hers. You see this poo poo? They say. I'm not even looking where I'm going. That's how little I care. That's how good I am, they imply from their kohl-darkened lids. She stares back at him too, one part admiration, six parts white hot fear. As another slave is crushed beneath their hooves, she wishes that all this was over. Her wish is granted as they round the next corner, the horses turning sharply to avoid an obelisk at the crossroads, dashing the Prince and his captive against it's marble sides like a sack of rotten Pomegranates.

At Kem-Sedjet's funeral procession, fathers and widows hurled soot at his coffin, cursing his name and all that he took from them. Take him, Djaf, lord of the Dead, take him and never, ever give him back. He is yours, they cried. By the time his sarcophagus arrived at the mortuary cult's temple it was stained black as dusk, and the pallbearers all looked a bit sheepishly at the King like,well what did you think would happen and the King could only shake his head. He had always hated his son, but he was still a Prince of the Nehekhara, and would still be granted the same privileges even in death. As the Prince was brought inside to be attended to by the priests of the mortuary cult, the King ordered his guard to have all with soot on their hands to be slain.

With the treachery of Nagash and the transformation of the Nehekhara into the land of the dead, the Liche Priests of Neferhesek were now deciding who of their centuries of rulers should be resurrected. The Hierophant Rekmesnah, blessed of Djaf, Turner of Time, Stealer of Many Breaths, told them he had already decided. When he mentioned his choice the priests howled and chittered and stamped their boney feet. No. You're joking. Worst idea. Come on. But the Hierophant would have none of it. Ours is the city of Djaf, god of the dead, and none were closer to Djaf than he. He was a barbarian within and without the city walls, and would kill for pleasure. Neferhesek is entering a time of war, and we need a war time Priest King. The other priests all kind of gave him this look but he was having none of it. His mind was made up. This was in no way a really obviously stupid idea.

And so began the reign of Prince Kem-Sedjet, Lord of the Blackest Flame, Rising Son of Djaf, He Who Can Frankly Go gently caress Himself. And all of Neferhesek did tremble at his fierce incompetence.

So I think I'm applying for:
- Season 5iver
- Backstory
- Detektuv's Jurnal
- Double the fun

Asphyxious fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 25, 2014

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Asphyxious posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Detektuv's Jurnal

Backstory

So I think I'm applying for:
- Season 5iver
- Backstory
- Detektuv's Jurnal
- Double the fun

I'll give that three points for this month.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
I'm cowering in here until the 40K thread calms down...

Khorne Flakes posted:

Well, still plenty to paint so I, Khorne Flakes, am oathing an additional Pyre Troll for the month of May.

tweekinator posted:

Getting back into painting and playing, so I figured I might as well go to the oath thread.

I, tweekinator, oath this single empire crossbowman (GW, 28mm) for the month of May.
Accepted!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Asphyxious posted:

And so began the reign of Prince Kem-Sedjet, Lord of the Blackest Flame, Rising Son of Djaf, He Who Can Frankly Go gently caress Himself. And all of Neferhesek did tremble at his fierce incompetence.

Goddamn. I'm already a Tomb Kings player, I already love the lore, and that is just brilliant. Prince Kem-Sedjet, may you fight many interesting battles in the years to come.

Also I like the purple. The amethysts on the back of his headdress came out really nice.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Under 15 posted:

I'll give that three points for this month.

Leperflesh posted:

Goddamn. I'm already a Tomb Kings player, I already love the lore, and that is just brilliant. Prince Kem-Sedjet, may you fight many interesting battles in the years to come.

Also I like the purple. The amethysts on the back of his headdress came out really nice.

Thanks guys. I write stupid backstories for all my armies, looking forward to getting this tomb king army done.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
Oath Complete
6 Rangers

WIP shots:
Half done

Cloak done

Browns

Added metals and hair

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Mortenebra

Deryliss

Slayer

Warwitch Sirens

Some work-in-progress shots:

(The Slayer on the right is not part of this oath - I painted it back in MKI and I'm matching colors.)

I did not expect her head have to cover that glow.

(I have some more WIP photos in my old phone if these don't cover a broad enough range of stages.)

SEASON 5IVER :toot:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

moths posted:

I did not expect her head have to cover that glow.

Dormammu?

stabbington
Sep 1, 2007

It doesn't feel right to kill an unarmed man... but I'll get over it.
Oath Complete

Special Operative Ko Dali - Infinity (28mm)

Some WIPs:

Season 5iver
Box Art -
http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/2013/miniatures/special-operative-ko-dali/
Parts List -
Duplicolor Black and White sandable auto primer
Sand, Ballast, and superglue
Suit - VMC Basic Skintone, P3 Red Ink, GW Carroburg Crimson, P3 Ryn Flesh, VMC Ice Yellow, GW Reikland Fleshshade
Black - VMA Black, VMA German Grey, VGC Cold Grey, VMC White
Grey - VMC Basalt Grey, VMC Violet, VGC Cold Grey, VMC White
Red - VMC Flat Red, GW Mephiston Red, GW Bloodletter, VMA Flourescent Red
"Hair" - VMA Tank Brown, VMC Basic Skintone, GW Reikland Fleshshade, GW Carroburg Crimson, P3 Ryn Flesh
Skin and Eyes - VMC Basic Skintone, GW Mephiston Red, P3 Beaten Purple, GW Carroburg Crimson, GW Reikland Fleshshade, VMC White, VMC Ivory, P3 Ryn Flesh
Weird Boneish Gun Things - P3 Jack Bone, GW Agrax Earthshade, VMC White, VMC Ice Yellow
Base - P3 Arcane Blue, VGC Scurf Green, VMA Black, VMC White

Don't ask me how I actually used any of that nonsense, I just threw color at the drat thing until I didn't think I could improve it anymore without several dozen hours of work.

Easily the most difficult model I've ever painted. There is a ridiculous amount of tiny detail packed onto her, and trying to measure up to Angel Giraldez's insane studio paintjob is an exercise in futility. On the other hand, I'm pretty happy with the end result, so that's worthwhile.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

stabbington posted:

Easily the most difficult model I've ever painted. There is a ridiculous amount of tiny detail packed onto her, and trying to measure up to Angel Giraldez's insane studio paintjob is an exercise in futility. On the other hand, I'm pretty happy with the end result, so that's worthwhile.
Daamn the Kodalien looks nice. Now paint a Caskuda :getin:

Pierzak fucked around with this message at 12:10 on May 16, 2014

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: Season 4 Participants! :siren:

Here's the slideshow for April! please have a look if all your entries are in there! (including any Detektuv's Jurnals you did, as this is for the Judging)
https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/6014076804786257169?authkey=COCTvJHou8CzrgE

And here are the links for the other photo albums:
Diorama
https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5958464751729714801?authkey=CLPOpZjZh5exZw

Display Board
https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5958459617949613585?authkey=CODL95jhvpfgKw

Get Based Out
https://plus.google.com/photos/101792256154658567736/albums/5958464159495222513?authkey=CNC50Nyd2uTdtAE

Puh-LEASE have a look through these albums and let me know if any of your entries are missing!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
You missed my Display board. Its not great... but it does exist...

Android
Apr 20, 2012

Beep Boop Zorp
I, Android, Oath this flame cannon and crew (GW 28mm)

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Last year we had the once-a-month Infinity prize, for people who painted a Corvus Belli miniature. Do we have something like that this season?

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Khorne Flakes posted:

:siren: Oath Part Deux Complete :siren:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Android posted:

I, Android, Oath this flame cannon and crew (GW 28mm)

Khorne Flakes posted:

:siren: Oath Part Deux Complete :siren:
Accepted!

Signal posted:

Last year we had the once-a-month Infinity prize, for people who painted a Corvus Belli miniature. Do we have something like that this season?

I am waiting to hear back from Corvus Belli and a few other companies :)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

If I post oath complete, but then decide that I can do another model, can I add it to the oath?

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

krushgroove posted:

I am waiting to hear back from Corvus Belli and a few other companies :)

To clarify, I'm mostly just wondering if there are any prize drawings that are dependent on the actual model oathed that month. ;)

EDIT: Fuckit, Oathing one Dystopian Wars French Battleship from Spartan Games in 1:1200 scale

Signal fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 17, 2014

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:Additional oath: Lord Carver, 2 Gun Boars, a Razorback Crew, and 6 Farrow Brigands:siren:
These are Privateer Press

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

ijyt posted:

If I post oath complete, but then decide that I can do another model, can I add it to the oath?

Yes, you can add it to your Oath, but your Oath becomes incomplete again until you finish up the newly-added model.

Illudere
Jan 12, 2005
I, Illudere, oath Skabrus from the Dreadfleet boxed set from Games Workshop.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Iris of Ether posted:

Yes, you can add it to your Oath, but your Oath becomes incomplete again until you finish up the newly-added model.

Sweet, thanks. I tried looking it up on the wiki but the "click here" to learn more about oath additions bit didn't have anywhere to click. :shobon:

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Update 2

Have gotten the Orks painted up now. Just the Trukk to go! (likely during next week)

Hopefully the dates are legible enough in these shots, I can read em but that may be my own bias.

Anyway, these guys are Speed Painted and are a Themed Group - not sure if the latter is being tracked this year.

Once the Trukk is finished I'll include this and my previous update in the finished post.

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Oath Complete

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Oath Complete

WIP

Primer+basing

A black wash and white drybrush

Base coats applied

Parts List

Brushes
Citadel standard and starter
Privateer Press base hobby brush
1 round, 0/0 liner synthetics for basing and dry brushing
Daler Rowney 1/8, 0 for metallics

Paints
Citadel
Nuln Oil
Agrax Earthshade
Seraphim Sepia
Teclis Blue
Runefang Steel

Secret Weapon
Heavy Body Black
Flesh Wash

Vallejo
Model Colors Offwhite
MC Leather Brown
MC Beige Brown
MC Neutral Grey
MC German Grey
MC Dark Prusia Blue

Reaper Master Series
Grass Green
Shadowed Steel
Polished Bone
Misty Grey

Formula P3
Ryn Flesh
Jack Bone
Skorne Red
Thamar Black

Folk Art Cinnamon

Apple Barrel Haystack

Rustoleum Auto Primer

Krylon Matte Finish

Base
Woodland Scenics
ballast
Forest Green Accent
Wild Grass
Kitty litter

Claiming Season 5iver, Jurnal, Parts List and Double the Fun. Also, this is a Themed Group.

jodai fucked around with this message at 17:46 on May 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I, Dr. Red Ranger, oath these 5 Chaos Cultists(GW, 28mm) for the month of May

• Locked thread