Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
Yeah, I was assuming it didn't - it'd basically be a free point in month 1 if it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
I Black_Nexus oath one Agonizer from Hordes(Privateer Press, Hordes)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
:pcgaming:OATH COMPLETE!:pcgaming:
Command squad's done!

Jurnal:

One of the banner and other banners, sitting pretty in their PSD:

If the second timestamped picture (post-blue wash) and/or the banner PSD screenshot don't work for the Jurnal, I'll figure something else out! However, I would like to claim box art for the Apothecary:

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
Raphus C Oath complete:

WIP:

SRM posted:

Command squad's done!

drat sexy

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
:siren:Oathing this chest, which is totally not also this chest monster:siren: both from Reaper bones.

And a slightly less dark photo of the minis so you can see there's only one colour on them thus far.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

SRM posted:

I was expecting this to be boring because space marines and I could not be happier to be wrong. Love the retro 90s look, right down to the basing.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Loving the Ultras SRM, I really have to up my game and get to work on my Salamanders!

Talking of painting -

:orks101: Oath Addition - 1 more Spanner Boy :orks101:

I missed one when taking my previous shot. Couldn't remember which one it was so just took a pic of all 11 guys, hope that's OK!

Part Oath Complete

Managed to get some painting time today so worked on the Executioner! (I am hoping partial Oath complete posts are OK)

Claiming the following achievements:

Jurnal - WIP Pics

Parts List (let me know if I need to transcribe this)

Plus Double the Fun for multiple achievements on one model (WIP Jurnal + Parts List).

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 22:34 on May 11, 2014

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
OATH COMPLETE one hordes Agonizer

WIPS for jurnal

Part list:
Greatcoat grey
Skull white
Mephiston red
Balthasar gold
wild rider red
Baal red
Blood for the blood god
Gryphonne Sepia
Devlan mud

For the base
Sand
Rhinox hide
Mournfang brown
Ushabti bone
GW dead grass

Also claiming speed painting

So all in all, the jurnal for the wips. Parts list, double the fun, speed painting(And season fiver)

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

muskets posted:

I was expecting this to be boring because space marines and I could not be happier to be wrong. Love the retro 90s look, right down to the basing.
Thanks! Retro models are kind of my jam.

Zark the Damned posted:

Loving the Ultras SRM, I really have to up my game and get to work on my Salamanders!
Do em up retro style, you know you want to!

Raphus C posted:

drat sexy
Speak for yourself with those neato Ork guns ;-*

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!
I have five 3e starterbox marines soaking in alcohol as we speak to get the layers of inept teenage paint off them so I can paint them in an appropriately retro style and it is entirely because of SRM.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Zark the Damned posted:

(I am hoping partial Oath complete posts are OK)

It's alright, but please at least requote all of these in your final 'Oath Complete' post. I can't give you Achievement points until your entire Oath is complete, and I'd hate to miss any!

Also, I don't think I can accept that Speed Painting because I can't see the date on the 'Before' picture. :(

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

muskets posted:

I have five 3e starterbox marines soaking in alcohol as we speak to get the layers of inept teenage paint off them so I can paint them in an appropriately retro style and it is entirely because of SRM.

I have more than a handful of those awful mono-pose Ork plastic Boyz (not the presentable metal Boyz with character). I cannot see me painting them up, but still, part of me lusts after the challenge in knocking them into decent shape.

I don't see too many old school Orks about though. The Boyz were fun even if the vehicles looked like poo poo.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

Raphus C posted:

I have more than a handful of those awful mono-pose Ork plastic Boyz (not the presentable metal Boyz with character). I cannot see me painting them up, but still, part of me lusts after the challenge in knocking them into decent shape.

I don't see too many old school Orks about though. The Boyz were fun even if the vehicles looked like poo poo.

Mine didn't come with Boyz - I think that was 2e. Mine came with snapfit non-beaky marines and extra-fiddly Dark Eldar, who were the new army at the time.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Raphus C posted:

There's actually a great guide on painting Orks over at Tale of Painters, and they used one of those awful awesome 2nd ed Boyz to do it:
http://taleofpainters.blogspot.com/2014/05/tutorial-how-to-paint-orks-or-orcs.html

muskets posted:

Mine didn't come with Boyz - I think that was 2e. Mine came with snapfit non-beaky marines and extra-fiddly Dark Eldar, who were the new army at the time.
The 2nd ed starter set was snapfit Mk 7. Marines and snapfit Ork Boyz and Grotz. The 3rd ed starter set was the same Space Marines that came in a multipart tactical squad kit, a land speeder, and 20 Dark Eldar Warriors. All of these models were the same as the ones that came in standalone kits, had multiple weapon options, and so on. The 3rd ed box was a crazy good deal; I've bought it 3 different times.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

muskets posted:

That was 3ed. 2ed was 20 lovely monopose marines, 20 lovely monopose boys and 40 extra lovely monopose gretchins.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Iris of Ether posted:

It's alright, but please at least requote all of these in your final 'Oath Complete' post. I can't give you Achievement points until your entire Oath is complete, and I'd hate to miss any!

Also, I don't think I can accept that Speed Painting because I can't see the date on the 'Before' picture. :(

No problem, it's entirely my fault for taking a lovely picture. I'll try again in a later oath (I tried going back to the source image but the date's totally obliterated). I'll edit the speed painting mention out of my post.

SRM posted:

Do em up retro style, you know you want to!

That's totally the plan, I've already got a small force painted up old school but I have a few more bits and bobs I need to add to it, including some RT era =I= stuff.

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

SRM posted:

The 2nd ed starter set was snapfit Mk 7. Marines and snapfit Ork Boyz and Grotz. The 3rd ed starter set was the same Space Marines that came in a multipart tactical squad kit, a land speeder, and 20 Dark Eldar Warriors. All of these models were the same as the ones that came in standalone kits, had multiple weapon options, and so on. The 3rd ed box was a crazy good deal; I've bought it 3 different times.

Looks like I've got some 2e starterbox marines, then - did they reuse those for anything? I know I have loads of really badly assembled basic marines from the 3e era.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011

SRM posted:

There's actually a great guide on painting Orks over at Tale of Painters, and they used one of those awful awesome 2nd ed Boyz to do it:
http://taleofpainters.blogspot.com/2014/05/tutorial-how-to-paint-orks-or-orcs.html

The Boy looks good. I have a compulsion to ensure that each model I have is somewhat converted so I don't have too many repeats. Warbikes and Deffkoptas are giving me headache.

I would need to break out the greenstuff if I was going to work on the 2e Boyz. No matter how good the paint job, 20 identically posed and equipped Boyz looks off to me. Swapping the axe for a blade here and there ain't enough. I may try and do them in an old west theme, I can see them rocking six-shootas.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

muskets posted:

Looks like I've got some 2e starterbox marines, then - did they reuse those for anything? I know I have loads of really badly assembled basic marines from the 3e era.

There was a set that came out around near the end of 3rd edition with 5 of those monopose Marines (1 had a missile launcher) 8 Genestealers, a starter brush, and a bunch of little pots of paint called Space Marine Assault. I got 4 of them a while ago when someone on eBay was selling them for like $2 each.

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Welp, left for the weekend to see my bitch Mom for Mother's Day. Dog tried to kill my cat, wrecked my painting table, broke my new airbrush, shattered my 90% painted oath model, can't find his arm now, then succeeded in killing the cat. Sooo... At least I have enough time to order another one to finish the oath this month? How's everyone elses' May treating them?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Brock Samsonite posted:

Welp, left for the weekend to see my bitch Mom for Mother's Day. Dog tried to kill my cat, wrecked my painting table, broke my new airbrush, shattered my 90% painted oath model, can't find his arm now, then succeeded in killing the cat. Sooo... At least I have enough time to order another one to finish the oath this month? How's everyone elses' May treating them?

What the actual gently caress

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Brock Samsonite posted:

Aww, that sounds like you need a warm bath and a cool beer. I just need to retake my Oath photo :doh: They haven't been primed yet since I'm still adjusting to pacific weather, but we've got a clear day so I want to prime my chaos horses.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 11, 2014

God Over Djinn
Jan 17, 2005

onwards and upwards
I, God Over Djinn, oath these 20x wee little assorted goblins from Reaper.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Brock Samsonite posted:

Holy gently caress, that is so terrible

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Brock Samsonite posted:

What the gently caress :stare: it's like you used up your karma winning that last month's mini or something.

SRM posted:

There was a set that came out around near the end of 3rd edition with 5 of those monopose Marines (1 had a missile launcher) 8 Genestealers, a starter brush, and a bunch of little pots of paint called Space Marine Assault. I got 4 of them a while ago when someone on eBay was selling them for like $2 each.

That reminds me: have you posted a marine with an "ULTRA" decal on his bolter already?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Pierzak posted:

That reminds me: have you posted a marine with an "ULTRA" decal on his bolter already?
Not yet! I think I'd need to freehand it. Maybe in my next tac squad!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I, Pash, Oath for the month of May 5 Phoenix Guard (GW) and 3 Dragon Ogres (GW)!

Season 5iver!

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

SRM posted:

Oh, missed that! Here they are again, but they've been washed blue now:

I, SRM, make an additional oath of one Space Marine Razorback (28mm) for the game of Warhams Forty Million by Games Workshop

Also, I would like to claim a themed group entry for my command squad.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

SRM posted:

I, SRM, make an additional oath of one Space Marine Razorback (28mm) for the game of Warhams Forty Million by Games Workshop

Also, I would like to claim a themed group entry for my command squad.

I've temporarily withdrawn your 'complete' status but marked you for 'Themed Group'. :)

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

I, waah, will oath to paint these two Cyclops Savages and a Cyclops Brute (28mm) from Privateer Press.

Sorry that the time is a little small, I don't have any device able to take digital pictures.

Edit: and as I put them together one of the savages has two right arms :negative:

waah fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 12, 2014

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
I Indolent Bastard oath one 1er Régiment de Para-Commandos` (Corvus Belli) and eleven 6mm Norman Spearmen (Baccus Miniatures)

Brock Samsonite
Feb 3, 2010

Reality becomes illusory and observer-oriented when you study general relativity. Or Buddhism. Or get drafted.

Hours of cat poo poo, death, and bleach later: I FOUND THAT loving ARM

edit: also showers and beers

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Khorne Flakes posted:

I, Khorne Flakes, oath Madrak and Dire Mauler/Bomber for the month of May 2014.

Madrak (Privater Press)

Dire Mauler/Bomber, straight out of a dissolver bath(Privater Press)

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Finished them up the other day, just remembering about the Oath now.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Khorne Flakes posted:

:siren: Oath Complete! :siren:

Finished them up the other day, just remembering about the Oath now.

Got a bigger pic of this dude? He looks like he's got a lot more detail than you can see in that image.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

SRM posted:

Not yet! I think I'd need to freehand it. Maybe in my next tac squad!
Decal. On an actual 2ed flat-side bolter. :colbert:

Rahotep75
May 21, 2012

I'm just a wild and crazy kind of god.

Dude in the back is all "Hi ladies. Why yes, there is space for you, right here..."

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Elfface posted:

I, Elfface, oath to paint this Malifaux Hired Swords box.

The Supreme Court posted:

:11tea: I, the Supreme Court, oath six night goblins and five Dreadfleet treasure tokens, all by Games Workshop, for May. :11tea:

Ripley posted:

I, Ripley, oath to paint one Agema Marksman and one Thorakitai for May (Infinity / Corvus Belli / 28mm).

Black_Nexus posted:

I Black_Nexus oath one Agonizer from Hordes(Privateer Press, Hordes)

thespaceinvader posted:

:siren:Oathing this chest, which is totally not also this chest monster:siren: both from Reaper bones.

Zark the Damned posted:

:orks101: Oath Addition - 1 more Spanner Boy :orks101:
You're good, but in future you just need to photo only the model you're adding onto your oath. Makes it easier to count the models you're oathing :)

God Over Djinn posted:

I, God Over Djinn, oath these 20x wee little assorted goblins from Reaper.

Pash posted:

I, Pash, Oath for the month of May 5 Phoenix Guard (GW) and 3 Dragon Ogres (GW)!

SRM posted:

waah posted:

I, waah, will oath to paint these two Cyclops Savages and a Cyclops Brute (28mm) from Privateer Press.
Are you in a mental hospital from the 70's?

Indolent Bastard posted:

I Indolent Bastard oath one 1er Régiment de Para-Commandos` (Corvus Belli) and eleven 6mm Norman Spearmen (Baccus Miniatures)
That big dude is totally going to blow away all those little targets dudes.
All of the oaths posted above are...ACCEPTED!! Sorry for the wait, guys and gals!

Brock Samsonite posted:

Hours of cat poo poo, death, and bleach later: I FOUND THAT loving ARM

edit: also showers and beers
You definitely get karma points, what a rough weekend.

Iris of Ether posted:

Hey Krushgroove, does Season 5iver count for the purposes of Double the Fun?
Pretty much this answer:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

I'd say no, as that would mean everyone automatically gets it if they do a journal.
And so we come to the first real rules question of this year's Oath Thread. Rules as Intended or Rules as Written? hhooooh boy! Well this Achievement was intended to drastically simplify the 'Awww it's a baby' bonus from last time, giving anyone and everyone a free point just for taking part, no matter if they've never done it before, they're coming back after a break or they're carrying on a painting streak from the last thread. So this is just meant to count once for each person of course, and the Double Your Fun Achievement should really state that the Season 5iver Achievement doesn't count towards Double Your Fun. Copypasta, sorry! I appreciate anyone questioning any part of the rules, as it allows me to explain things and more importantly correct things!

OK, so a tiny bit of housekeeping:
I've announced Springer-Pinsel already, but the Germany brush company sent over a few brushes that I received today:

I was able to specify exactly the brushes that would suit miniature painters, so EVERY MONTH for the next 12 months we'll once again have a set of Springer-Pinsel brushes to hand out, which will include:
Kolinsky sable brushes in 1, 00 and 00000 sizes with triangular handles (their top of the line brushes!)
Synthetic sable brushes 4 (chisel cut), 000 and 00000
Another set of synthetic brushes in 2, 2 (flat), 1 and 000
Nylon flat brushes for drybrushing or powders in 2 and 8 sizes
#3 round synthetic brushes
0 (flat) and 0 round synthetic sable brushes

There's enough to go around that we can do double prize draws in some months, including this month, Christmas and birthday months for myself and the judges too!

Also...Games & Gears have confirmed that they can send out FOUR sets of the Ichiban Studios Pro-Line brushes from their Kickstarter! They are nearly finished with their Kickstarter campaign, the big deal about these brushes is that they are basically like pen handles, with the cover of the brush coming off and fitting onto the back of the brush. These won't be available until September, but they will be sent out for 4 Quarterly Prizes.

So...lots of brush prizes!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 13:54 on May 13, 2014

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
I, Lungboy, oath to paint 1 (one) Space Marine with Multi Melta from Games Workshop (28mm) for May:

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

I, Vermintide, oath to paint a Skaven Warplock Jezzail, Warpfire Thrower and Ratling Gun, and the Mystery Mini Bin has given me a Tau Kroot, all Games Workshop, for May 2014.

First time oather, aiming for the Inquisitor’s Journal, Parts List, Double the Fun and Awwww! a BABY!

Vermintide fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 12, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Finished with law school for the Spring, so I'll be getting back to oathin', soon. :getin:

• Locked thread