Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint these 4 space marines from Dark Vengeance, the current previous starter set for Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k.

I'm going for speed painting, parts list, and INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin, oath to paint these 4 space marines from Dark Vengeance, the current previous starter set for Games Workshop's Warhammer 40k.

I'm going for speed painting, parts list, and INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL.

:pcgaming: OATH COMPLETE :pcgaming:

WIP shots:

Silver paint only, on top of base:

Gold and Brass are done, waiting for red trim and weapon paint:

Painting is done, time for a wash and base work:

Parts list

Paints: Khorne Red (trim on shoulder pads and wrists)
Gehenna's Gold (vents on backpack, eyes, mouth of helmet)
Leadbelcher (main body/limb color)
Abaddon Black (knee/elbow pads, shoulderpad markings, weapon magazine)
Runelord Brass (backpack, except for vents)
Warplock Bronze (weapon)

Wash: Nuln Oil

Base: Tundra/Ash flock

Backstory:
Scouts have an equal chance of being assigned to either an assault squad or a tactical squad in a random company within the chapter, depending on the most recent battlefield losses. These 4 marines are the newest members of 3rd squad, 4th company of the Twilight Hunters. If they survive, they'll be promoted to a position in a devastator squad and given either a lascannon or a plasma cannon. From there, they'll move into the assault bike squad for their company; these marines are vying for a position in the commander's retinue, where the company commander keeps a constant watch for seasoned marines that should be inducted into the elite first company.

Icon Of Sin fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 7, 2014

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Iris of Ether, my points aren't showing in the spreadsheet even though there's a link to my completed oath :(

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint this Space Marine Rhino for Warhammer 40k.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint this Space Marine Rhino for Warhammer 40k.

:v:

Oath Complete!

I added an extra storm bolter on the front right tread cover. No jurnal this month, and I should probably be a little more patient about waiting to paint :v:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint this Land Raider Crusader for Warhammer 40k (Games Workshop, 28 mm scale).

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint this Land Raider Crusader for Warhammer 40k (Games Workshop, 28 mm scale).

:pcgaming: Oath complete! :pcgaming:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint these 5 Tempestus Scions and their Chimera for October. They're all from Games Workshop, 28mm scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Icon Of Sin posted:

I, Icon of Sin oath to paint these 5 Tempestus Scions and their Chimera for October. They're all from Games Workshop, 28mm scale.

Is my oath good to go?

• Locked thread