Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
Lets see if I did this right.

I WhiteOutMouse oath 13 lasgunners Mantic Corporation miniatures, 28mm scale on 25mm bases.
edit: Theme! These guys will all look the same under my Brotherhood of Nod theme I am doing for my army!

Now here's the rub. Minis are sprayed red but the bases are still black. I think that disqualifies me? Or are bases not really factored in?

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:vomarine:Oath Complete!:vomarine:

Play by Play:
and
Part List:

quote:

Sprayed Red (FW ink Flame Red)

Basecoat armor parts black (P3 Coal black) and Gun Grey (GW Mechanicus Standard Grey)

Wash Gun black (Seacret Weapon Soft Body Black) and everything else red (GW Carroburg Crimson)

Drybrush armor, gun and dirt with grey (GW Dawnstone) *Black to touch up any spots on base not 100% black first*

Basecoat visors with Turquoise (Vallejo Game Color: Jade Green) and the Tiberium Warp Stones green (GW Goblin Green *oop) moderate drybrush for OSL on adjacent dirt.

Highlight both visors and ~special~ rock with brighter green (GW Scorpion Green *oop) with less adjacent drybrushing for OSL glow. Then lightly highlight extreme edges white for visor and stone (P3 Morrow White)

Basecoat faces with darker skintone (GW Ratskin Flesh) but leaving a few dark lines of red+wash in extreme recesses and mouth. Highlight with lighter skin (GW Cadian Flehstone).

Paint eyesockets black (FW Black) and then dot them white (FW White). *I used these awesome inks because they don't dry on the brush and have super control. I tried to use the P3 Morrow white because I was being lazy since my ink was upstairs and it was loving impossible. I finally got my ink and I one-shot'ed that poo poo.* It ends up with almost super-hero/comic book eyes that I kinda like. Easy to do and contrast great at tabletop distance.

Some guys have some shades so I painted them metal (GW Boltgun Metal *oop) and once very observant guy I mixed orange and yellow into the mix (GW Blazing Orange *oop and GW Sunburst Yellow *oop Retrospectively)

Done!

I don't think this will qualify but why not...

Box art?

My guys are Not-Nod guard. I have also been painting my Mantic Enforcers with similar schemes but I will probably adapt this color mixture instead of what I had for them, this mixture looks better and is much easier to execute. Maybe one day that warpath game will come out with Deadzone style rules and I can play these guys. Or they will get a deadzone deck I can use.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I will choose the Ork Watchtower. Just in time too!

Yay prizes! :toot:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete

Bases have some Object source lighting warpstones/tiberium.
Also, Themed Group

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Before MSP has an aneurysm....

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 2x Melta dudes, 2x Plasma dudes and 2x Sargent dudes. All made by Mantic, 28mm, on 25mm bases, uh... used probably for GW Imperial Guard/ Astra Militarum and Themed Group most likely. I think that's everything? One of the guys is primed white, others unprimed with 'restic' bodies and plastic/metal guns. A few have cork in bases and others have red aquarium rocks.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I already made my pick, someone even updated the ork tower with my name on it :ssh:

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

Claiming Journal & Themed Group
OSL on the tiberium/warpstones as usual but I decided to add some extra on the plasmaguns and even the powerfist.

Full group starting to come together. Nod-Guard army is growing in numbers. Slowly.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WiteOutMouse Oath 14 Seekers of Slaanesh and one Herald of Slaanesh on a Seeker Mount(conversion of Seeker Kit) 28mm. Games Workshop, 'bike'bases. Themed Group.

Linked for BIG

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath complete!

Journal is the NMM hair spike.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Oath complete!

Journal is the NMM hair spike.

I forgot to mention themed group

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhoteOutMouse Oath 6 minatues (1 plasma, 1 melta, 1 flamer, 1 Sargent and two basic guardsmen). 28mm Mantic minis with GW bits added.
Themed Group

The special weapon guys have their guns cut away and GW replacements put in place. The flamer has GW Cadian arms replacing his Mantic equivalents. Sargent has a head swap with GW Fantasy dark elf warriors in an attempt to help make leaders stick out and I thought it looked 'Nod' enough.

Most are unprimed, two are primed white.

Ninja Edit, upon closer inspection the two that are primed white had a frostbite blue slapped on their pants. I guess that counts as a one-color base coat, I will have to cover that anyway.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete

Journal: Headswap on sarg, and gun swaps with the special weapon guys including arm swaps with flamer guy.

Themed Group since they fit in my Nod guard army. Maybe when warzone comes out I will play that. If the rules are anything like deadzone I will be interested.

Double the fun!: OSL on the plasma guy, and all those tiberium/warp rocks.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 5 Mantic Corporation marines and 3 mantic zombies. 28mm, intended for GW proxy for imperial guard and will be painted as Nod soldiers/zombies(tiberium-viscera).

Will be Themed Group.

These are the new Mantic Zombies. I am not a fan so far, but lets see how they paint.

The arms are awful, some are long chimp arms and others are little chicken wings. All of them have a crappy socket connection but none of them hide the ball well, so they can be photoed from one angle until you start seeing ball-socket. So far it is hard to tell what is clothing and what is skin, maybe it does not matter that much since you will paint it all, but it's a bit frustrating trying to figure out what I am looking at so I know what color to paint. Also the heads are a pain but not as much as those arms.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!!

Child's play is my charity!
Themed group!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Galaspar posted:

Charity Jurnal is on the Chaos Lord. We've had two campaigns running in the UK this month, Stoptober to encourage people off the fags

As an American I was shocked to see this then, about seven seconds later, I understood.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Smell that? It's almost the end of the month. This is when I crawl out of my hole of procrastination to make an oath.

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 10 guardsmen (1x sarge, 2x flamer and 7x lasgun). Mantic 28mm models, GW flamers and arms.

Themed Group, and I will be painting some facial hair. I was going to model it, but these faces are so drat tiny, it would look like a slug was on his lips.

The sarg is not basecoated with the airbrush of red. MSP was goading me to oathing a full squad of 10, but I didn't have any sargs in my stockpile of sprayed guys.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete

Themed Group and Mustache Journal

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath 5 oop metal Horrors and one converted Lord on Juggernaut. 28mm Citadel/Games Workshop. Themed Group for the horrors and probably the Journal on the Lord.

The horrors are primed white with a base coat of blue poorly slapped on. The Lord is unprimed but his base is still drying. I did that thing where you dilute PVA with 70% isopropyl and slather that cloudy poo poo on top, supposed to make a film over the sand so it will never fall off as you drybrush, but it takes for ever to dry this way.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

krushgroove posted:

Your Lord on Juggernaut is fine and accepted, but your Horrors are definitely two colors...I can't even squint and pretend that's zenithal priming! :) I'm sure you've already done some more work on them and I wouldn't want to tell anyone to strip and re-do their work or prime over their work, so I'll assume you'll just leave out the Horrors for this month's Oath?

I see. I was thinking the blue would count as a base coat but I obviously left some primer showing, and I used that white color to help my blend on those horses and bones. Rereading the OP it specifies it all needs to be one color. My fault. Just the jugg will be fine this month.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

Journal
I tried some different ways of weathering thee juggernaut. First I tried some weathering sticks. I liked them but not the colors I had, as none matched my basing. Then I tried scratches but it just looked messy. Finally I busted out my 'GW Ryza Rust" and stippled/drybrushed it and I was quite happy. Reminds me of PaintVagrant level orange-blue contrasting. Just enough to make the metal pop from the blue but not so much it is all nurgled up.

Slight effect on the front blade, contrast probably makes it hard to see.

It was a lot of work trying to do multiple coats of this Urza Grey and on a model like this. I'm sure there are plenty of spots that needed another go, but when you're a lazy scrub like myself looking at the model with human eyes it's hard to tell. Also, that one part of my brain that is so stoked at the results of what bits look good distract my focus away from the part that nitpicks. That's another reason why I miss you being in arms reach MSP, you would crush my dreams as you pushed me further. I hated you for hours like a pouting child but you made me a better painter person. Brother/Roomate 'hams are a sweet thing everyone, if you have one in your life take the time to appreciate them. But seriously MSP, don't critique this guy, I will hate you.

[edit] Bolded the part about Journal.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jan 1, 2015

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I think as a US Goon I picked something from the EU grabbag a long time ago. I might have agreed to wait for end of the season shipment too based on the fact that it never arrived and I vaguely remember the thread talking along those lines a while back. Honestly I don't remember much else besides that there was an Laser cut MDF Ork tower with my name on it in some picture gallery.

I can still claim that one and still have it shipped at the end of the season, or if it would be better for shipping I can select from the US bag instead. I assume that is why there are separate bags to begin with. But, if rules are rules and because I picked the tower then it's all cool. (all the prizes are cool is what I am saying).

Or maybe if something was lost in the system and my lazy butt never noticed then so be it, I might just miss that prize. I have plenty of crap around here anyway.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oh right, it was troll trader not grab bag. Thanks for the forensic prize research. I thought I remembered everyone talking about a single shipment time to make things easier.

I'll be quiet now as I contemplate how to get more bonuses since this season is almost over.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Let's start out small.

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one chaos marine on a horse. GW minature, 28mm.

Converted Chaos Knight kit with 40k chaos space marine backpack, arms with pads and head. Regular marine grav gun.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Let's start out small.

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one chaos marine on a horse. GW minature, 28mm.

Converted Chaos Knight kit with 40k chaos space marine backpack, arms with pads and head. Regular marine grav gun.

Might as well add something to my oath.

I WhiteOutMouse add another two chaos marines on a horse to my oath GW minature, 28mm.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:stonk:

Hard to follow those acts...

Oath Complete!

Journal: Freehand = :science: and the legion numerals on one of the pads.
Does Themeded group count? I doubt the horses count as a sperate mini since they are all on same base. Serves me right for not oathing 5 I suppose.

Backstory
The 8th legion has been scattered for generations. Their Primarch is dead and their structure has been split into raiding parties and warbands. Their resources mostly come from the dead, friend or foe. But in some places they find suitable replacements for imperial forgeworlds. This usually come from the warp.

Warp beasts come in many shapes and sizes, with a range of nefarious desires. Lucky for this roaming band of Night Lords they were gifted warp-horses shortly after loosing just about all their bikes in battle. The warp-horses took to their riders like a glove, seeming to bond with their mind. Though there must be a cost for merging with such foul creatures, this lot of 8th legionaries didn't seem to mind. You could almost say they loved the steeds.

One legionary took to the runt of the litter. To call a helstalion a runt is a bit outrageous, but it was clearly smaller and less gifted than its brothers. This warp-horse had no tail, no horns and no spines on its legs. Its eyes were glowing green and its spit was foul poison, but this legionary saw sadness in its eyes. After a few battles this rider noticed something small in the back of his mind. This rider felt... jealous of the other horses, especially for their tails. Their tails were heavy whips of crimson and just as coarse, a mortal beast would uses these to swat flies, I bet these daemons used them to swat.. daemon flies. The legionary never needed to use such an rudimentary tool as the steed's tail in battle, so he knew this emotion must have bled over from his linked partner.

The before the next battle he walked over to his steed. The horse looked over with a touch of melancholy, though it was hard to read in the face of such a beast. It resembled a child reluctantly preparing for another day of elementary school. The rider was carrying some chains, nothing too unusual for a member or the 8th legion. But because of the link, the horse became happy, it knew what was coming...

A tail. The runt now had a tail, just like the other beasts. He fit in. That battle the two were the first to the front, with the chain-tail flailing in the faces of the other beasts.
:3:

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jan 31, 2015

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing 6 Necron Wraiths:

I have been waiting for this!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Last minute oath!
I WhiteOutMouse Oath 2x priests, 2x guardsmen and 1x heavy weapon team 28mm Mantic corporation miniatures and 28mm Warmachine miniatures both uses in conversions/count as for 40k. Themed Group

Left two metal guys are unprimed, middle 60mm is primed white and right two are sprayed red.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

Themed Group

Journal 4th Wall:

ESRB rating (T for teen) and the fact that my 40k IG are all a Nod counts-as army.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath two nightlord horse riders, one with a banner, and a counter for the new blood tithe system. GW miniatures 28mm. GW LoTR movement tray, one 25mm round base and a dollar store Halloween skull ring bit for the marker.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Huh. I thought it was just one week before the final paintjob deadline. So the 24th was still fine to oath since I had a week and part of a day total to paint.

Rules are rules I suppose. I could have sworn I have oathed this way for most of the months to be honest.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I almost had an out... My brother has been hounding me to get an oath in all month. I will have to do it now. Bastard...

At least I will actually paint this month.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Oath Complete!

Two Bikers

With flag!

Eight counter with jumper!

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

Oath Complete!

Two Bikers

With flag!

Eight counter with jumper!

[edit] those quoted markers were for I rolled a 6! and that flag is fly your flag

Almost forgot, Scar for journal!

So tired...

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Apr 1, 2015

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

The background is the score screen too. With all those faces and souls etc.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

Iris of Ether posted:

Troll Trader
WhiteOutMouse

I believe mine will be shipped at the end in one big batch of many winners.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one GW Stormtalon 28mm Citadel Minature with chaos conversions (GW Chaos Bits)

Edit: I will make this my 24hr speed paint before as well!

Edit2: Looking over the rules again, should I wait to paint until I am approved?

quote:

Speed painting!
How fast can you paint one model? AFTER your oath is approved, take two pictures with the worldtimeserver.com website clearly in the background of your picture: one at the start of your painting session with your single-color model, and one at the end of your painting session with a completed model! The base does not need to be done to be called 'completed', but remember that if all your models are based you do get a point for basing. The time stamps on the worldtimeserver.com site must be within 24 hours of each other. No extra points for quickest painting time! That would be too hard to prove without video.

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Apr 23, 2015

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I WhiteOutMouse Oath one GW Stormtalon 28mm Citadel Minature with chaos conversions (GW Chaos Bits)

Edit: I will make this my 24hr speed paint before as well!

24 Hour speed done!
]

I am thankful the base is not included in the speed part. I will finish that bit by the end of the month for the full complete post with my journals, but for proof that they are in fact done now they are:

Freehand- Lightingbolts

Weathering- Heat-stressed barrels

I think it looks a bit busy, but it works with my other night-lord color scheme I have going.

Also my phone washes out everything. I'll be happy when my girlfriend's birthday gets here and she opens that camera I bought her. It just so happens to have a decent macro and wifi sharing :ninja: ...

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

WhiteOutMouse posted:

24 Hour speed done!
]

I am thankful the base is not included in the speed part. I will finish that bit by the end of the month for the full complete post with my journals, but for proof that they are in fact done now they are:

Freehand- Lightingbolts

Weathering- Heat-stressed barrels

I think it looks a bit busy, but it works with my other night-lord color scheme I have going.

Also my phone washes out everything. I'll be happy when my girlfriend's birthday gets here and she opens that camera I bought her. It just so happens to have a decent macro and wifi sharing :ninja: ...

Oath Complete!

Now with complete base!

Again, Weathering

Again, Freehand

Bonus, an easy way to do glass is to paint it black on the inside, so the outside is perfectly glossy, notice the real reflections of the engines on the glass:

And now to finish those last few bonuses...

In Battle!
I was able to get a game in before the end of the season and it was a blast. The space wolf player had a Logan's heroes list with Arjac, Najal, Logan and a bodyguard of worlfguard terminators. He deepstruck them in the middle of my army, he could not have scattered at all or he would have periled. I murdered his escorts on the charge but his three champions stood on that hill and each held on with one wound left each. In the end I only had two soulgrinders left and he won handily.

The picture here is his Murderfang charging my seekers. I rolled well and was able to bring him down to one hullpoint thanks to lucky rends! Thankfully my High WS and inv save kept me safe from much damage.

Next turn the Murderfang died to a scattered Phlegm shot, but I forgot to consolidate/run the seekers so they were all but obliterated by a greyhunter squad that drop-podded next to them (with the Str5 large blast launcher too).

Strike a Pose
On a warp stricken planet two champions of chaos beseech the gods for unholy power. There is only one chosen one, who does the gods favor today?

All For One!

May- 13 lasgunners
June- 3 Snipers, 2 Flamers
July- 2x Melta dudes, 2x Plasma dudes and 2x Sargent dudes
August- 14 Seekers of Slaanesh and one Herald of Slaanesh on a Seeker Mount
September- 1 plasma, 1 melta, 1 flamer, 1 Sargent and two basic guardsmen
October- 5 Mantic Corporation marines and 3 mantic zombies
November- 1x sarge, 2x flamer and 7x lasgun
December- one converted Lord on Juggernaut
January- Three chaos marines on a horse
February- 2x priests, 2x guardsmen and 1x heavy weapon team
March- two nightlord horse riders, one with a banner, and a counter for the new blood tithe system
April- one GW Stormtalon

That's a fair bit of models there. I owe it all to my brother mostly, he was hounding me to oath every month no matter how far I pushed that deadline.

Thanks bro, and thank you oath thread! :buddy:

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Apr 30, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

So winning a May prize in the 2015 thread reminded me I have a May 2014 prize as well. I won the Troll Trader prize way back when and agreed for end of the year deferment. Did I miss my time?

• Locked thread