Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.
I, Haydrian, oath ten Reaper MANTIC pseudo-orks, to be properly 'roided up and converted into Shoota Boyz!

Better get these taken care of, I want to get them off the mental kanban board.

Haydrian fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001

Iris of Ether posted:

Last season, it was just 1 figure minimum. I'd be surprised if it changed from that.

I think those orcs might be Mantic, as Reaper doesn't use hard plastic sprues like that.

That was a silly mistake to make, and I feel silly for having made it. JerryLee also receives points for having pointed this out. :D

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001

krushgroove posted:

Perfect sprue positioning for easy counting! However, I can't see the location on the time zone screen :( Not a biggie, but can you please re-take the picture so the screen is fully readable?

I'm sorry for not taking this photo until now, work is being a bastard at the moment. Is this ok?

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001

Haydrian posted:

I'm sorry for not taking this photo until now, work is being a bastard at the moment. Is this ok?

And that is not just terrible Samsung color correction, I have advanced from sprues to trimmed and primed (with Krylon Red Oxide).

Fake edit: and I quoted myself. Terrific.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oath Complete!

I hate to think about how badly I phoned this one in, but work is being awful and I hate these Mantic models. I also neglected to gather more than one work in progress photo, so that's put the Jurnal out of the running for this month too...

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oh god, it's so late in the month and I haven't done anything yet! Crapcrapcrap, what's here? Ok...

I, Haydrian, do oath five Games Workshop Ork Boyz for the month of June

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oath Complete!

Claiming the Henchman's Jurnal for the month, I had a bit of fun Bitzing up the bases this month. I really liked how the gore pile and skull one came out.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
I, Haydrian, do oath eight Games Workshop Fire Warriors

Have to see what I can do for OSL, at least they have Photon Grenades in the codex, that can work for something.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001

krushgroove posted:

Accepted Do I see more than 5 sets of legs on those sprues? I'm not familiar with Tau models really, and you don't have to paint everything on the sprues, but just wondering.

There is an extra pair of legs with a different sort of squatting down pose, also an extra head, but just four sets of torsos/backpacks per sprue set.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oath Complete!

Back with more of the (probably) made in China knockoff Fire Warriors, but I'm getting better at putting them together. Claiming Themed Group as well as the monthly Inkwiziter's Jurnal, for attempting the glowing power cores at the business ends of the rifles.

^^ These ones came out the best, I think.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
I, Haydrian, do oath three Ork Nobs (Games Workshop) for the month of August

Going for a quick project, I've built a lot of Boys but I haven't made their leaders. Should have maybe saved this for the conversion theme month...

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oath Complete!

I did not complete the Jurnal this month, too much fiddly metal bits here to mess with all of that.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oh god, it's almost the 20'th and I have nothing down, what to do what to do?

I, Haydrian, Oath five Ork Boyz (courtesy of Games Workshop).

Now if work could kindly gently caress off for at least three days I might be able to get these hammered out within the time limit...

edit: What am I going to do for Cut and Swap? Let me show you...

I didn't think of this until I was mostly done with basecoating, I was playing Heroes of the Storm and I saw the pirate captain's peg leg on the loading screen, instant inspiration!

One quick slice with the hand saw, then dremmel out a pilot hole and superglue a piece of piano wire in as a jig.

And now for the Greenstuff. The bottom of the wire was a convenient handhold to spin it around and get an evenly shaped section for the peg.

A bit more going up and over the knee for a brace, and a bit of hardware that holds it together.

I waited for a few hours for the greenstuff to harden, then primed it on the model with liquid gesso. Love that stuff...

By a happy accident, this model had a bit of forward lean on the other foot, so I could more easily balance him forward and leave the peg leg in a dynamic pose off the base. Here's one for the Freebooters, for sure!

Haydrian fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Sep 30, 2014

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oath Complete!

Yayy for more Orks!

For this month I think I qualified for Themed Group, and also the monthly theme of Cut and Swap for the peg leg conversion.
A link to my edited Oath post detailing the process.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Got a question about the Oath I'm going to submit for this month. I'm converting a model airplane into a Dakkajet, how far along do I need to be with it before I submit the oath? I have the plane assembled and a lot of the body Orky-fying is done, but the pilot is not complete and the weapons are not even begun. Do I need to have those on it before I can submit?

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oh man, that's awesome! I just came back to post an oath for October and I see I won something, kick rear end! I'm in the United States so I'm in Iris's prize pool, do you have an email address that I can contact you at? Don't have platinum so I can't send you a PM, maybe I ought to spring for that...

So, for October I, Haydrian, do oath one conversion Dakkajet (Games Workshop by default)

There are a good deal more pieces that are not ready to be added on yet, I'm planning magnetized swappable guns/bombs for underneath the body, and the Flyboy needs his arms reassembled and attached. That little grot sitting in the observation seat behind the pilot is actually the real pilot figurine, with a bit of creative cut and swap.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oath Complete!

This was an interesting experience to fail upwards at converting Revell plastic model kits into Ork vehicles. I like to think that this one went better than the El Camino Trukk project, so that's good. Revell models, by the way, have insanely weird warping on a lot of the fiddly plastic bits. I'll have to post a picture of an unused ground crew figure from this kit...

Wouldn't be a fighter without a few kill insignia on the side.

That's one half of the drum magazine off an Aegis quad gun, I kinda wish they had kept the same "belt fed 20mm rounds" motif going down the drum that they used in the feeder part above. Air pirate flag, maybe?

For this month's theme, I'm WAAAGH!ing for the Cure!

The two weapon options are magnetized, so you can swap between Dakkajet and Boom Bomba.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
I, Haydrian, do Oath four Tau Fire Warriors from Games Workshop, and also this Ral Partha 15mm mini fig.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oath Complete!

Gue'la, I am not only the Shas'ui of the Hair Club for Fire Caste, I have the honor to be a member...

This little guy's beard was already there, so no points awarded.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
For January, I oath one Orc Boar Rider from Games Workshop.

It's pathetic, but I'm super late and I need to at least do something.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
OATH COMPLETE!

Been planning on using the Boar Boys that I won earlier this year for 40K, I need to figure out a way to model a heavier gun onto the boar itself.

Inquisitor's Journal for this month are the trampled road signs that our fearless duo are galloping across, the red bit is supposed to be an Aquilla but due to bad planning it's upside-down.

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
I, Haydrian, do oath for the month of February:

Five Ork Boyz (c/o Games Workshop)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Oath Complete!

Jurnal for this month is the Horde insignia that have been so carefully daubed onto their wargear. These five orks are also part of a larger Themed Group.

Backstory

"Two hundred more minims of Cyclotoxin Alpha, and increase the current, I sense that we are close to the answers that we seek..."

"Two hundred more may kill the beast, Lord Inquisitor, but I obey."
the apprentice torturer bowed to his master and moved to the mobile apothecarium. The Inquisitor bent over the bound Ork prisoner, studying the feverish brow and rapid flickering of the eyes as the drugs and electricity took hold.

"Talk, damned Xenos, you have information that I require, you will tell me the name of this new warlord!"

"U-U-U-Up yours-s, grot-t-lick-k-a!"
the Ork hissed through clenched and broken teeth. "Da new Boss-s gon-n-na be here so-o-o-n, he gon-n-na ki-i-ll all you-u-u-se! He zog-g-g-in hates you humi-i-i-essss!" Clotted black blood oozed from the nostrils, mixing with the frothing spittle and running down to stain the Ork's filthy jerkin even further. Pain-induced spasms wracked it's shackled body, and as the Inquisitor leaned closer to watch, the huge tongue was chewed to ribbons in it's mouth as the powerful stimulant overloaded the brain.

"Enough. Cease the galvanic stimulation, this Ork has ceased to plague us." He turned from the gibbering body and strode over to the prisoner's belongings, hoping to find some clue that would explain this onslaught of feral Orks from the wastelands of this world. It was all here, the ramshackle armor, the grease choked bolter, a long and jagged shard of metal bound up as an improvised melee weapon. All well and fine, but how do you explain the neatly bundled herbs, the gold and silver coinage stamped with unknown arms (Royal Bank of Stormwind? Had one of these feral lordlings set up a mint?) and the note scrawled onto parchment concerning the fate of some peasant's wife. Mankrik? What sort of name was Mankrik?

Haydrian fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 1, 2015

• Locked thread