Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Just in case it doesn't get seen in the other thread, my thanks go out to all the super cool painters, organizers and judges in Season 4 :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Hey, what's your favourite Clash song? No not that one... Or that one... Scratch, that, what's *a* Clash song? Four Horsemen plus a spare

I Weirdo Oath to paint these five Chaos Knights, Games Workshop 28mm, to use as four psychopomps, with the additional horseman acting as a "dark rider". If anyone has any suggestions for great colour schemes for Chaos Knights, please share them! I'm not constrained by an army theme, and am fine with 4 clashing-coloured NPC/boss battles :black101::orks:

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 00:38 on May 9, 2014

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Brock Samsonite posted:

Welp, left for the weekend to see my bitch Mom for Mother's Day. Dog tried to kill my cat, wrecked my painting table, broke my new airbrush, shattered my 90% painted oath model, can't find his arm now, then succeeded in killing the cat. Sooo... At least I have enough time to order another one to finish the oath this month? How's everyone elses' May treating them?

Aww, that sounds like you need a warm bath and a cool beer. I just need to retake my Oath photo :doh: They haven't been primed yet since I'm still adjusting to pacific weather, but we've got a clear day so I want to prime my chaos horses.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 23:23 on May 11, 2014

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Just posting my horses again to show the Samoans. Not much but finally got to prime some now that Vancouver is sunny :yaycloud:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Looking good, love the martian soil.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Failed, but it's such a sunny beautiful day, I can't feel too bad. Time to re-up in a few hours ;)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ghetto wormhole posted:

Oath Failed! for May :(

I had the 10 Kasrkin done on time but I underestimated how long the Inquisitor would take to paint. Oh well at least I've got some painting done and that's what it's all really about right?

Indeed, I still have one or two unfinished sets from last year and now I've got a new army of mantic dwarves to start :psydwarf:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thespaceinvader posted:

I might put a counter on this one, too, though I'm not quite sure what for as it's not gonna be flying or losing heads.

You might want something for a fiery aura, or a spot for swallowed minis :getin:

Edit: Also for what it's worth, I'd love to oath some figures and try out some zenithal priming on them.

Weirdo fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Jun 3, 2014

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:siren: Question to anyone with experience on the matter - can I, a Canadian in Vancouver, ship a can of mini varnish through the mail? It's in near-mint condition, but is it likely to get stopped at the border?

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, Oath one quick Bretonnian Knight for June 28mm, Gamesworkshop, going for a 24-hour speed paint!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

Hey, Army Painter got back to me with a PDF of the MDS for Quickshade! That was quick, haha.

First off: this is not nice stuff. Don't breathe it in. It's flammable too. It is irritating to skin, can seriously damage your eyes on contact, may cause lung damage if swallowed(!), and is harmful to aquatic organisms so don't pour it into a river.

Section 14 covers transport information, and it says:

As a Class 3 flammable liquid, you must label your shipping box with the appropriate hazard label. FedEx and UPS will both ship Class 3 materials, ground, with the appropriate labeling. I think they may require you to qualify in some way before allowing you to ship hazmats, though. These items also require specific packaging, for example UN POP is a packaging standard which FedEx requires you comply with, with some exceptions, and with additional requirements: " For packages weighing up to 20 lbs. the outer package minimum requirements will be a 200 lb. Bursting test or 32 Edge Crush test package."

They provide additional guidelines for paint, which a quick reading says basically you have to have clips on the lid, and pack using absorbent material.

here's FedEx's shipping guide (PDF)

So...

My advice is to contact Canada Post or check out their website to see if they'll ship it and if so, what the reqirements will be. Or, maybe this is too much hassle to ship a $20(?) can of paint to America or the UK...

Wow thanks! I'll have to look into mailing it to krushgroove in a week or two when I've got more time, but mad props for this post. Honeslty, if anyone in the Vancouver area needs some dip give me a private message :haw:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Daedleh posted:

OATH COMPLETE!
Claiming monthly Jurnal! Fancy bases! because hey, multi-basing rocks.

Great stuff! What metals did you use for the armour?

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo Oath 10 Slave Orcs, 20 Immortals, 8 Decimators and 3 pieces of filler for the month of August, all are 28mm scale by Mantic Games for the Kings of War line.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Failed, I've been relaxing too hard.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

koreban posted:

Oath Failed

Finding out you need urgent surgery will do that to you. Wasn't able to sit at my desk in a way that facilitated painting.

Woof, best wishes to you. I'm a little annoyed at myself for sitting on my butt last month, it's always good to get some perspective on things.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

thespaceinvader posted:

Also, gently caress, I missed another month D:

Where does the time go?

Kerzoro posted:

Claiming Journal! Overall, pretty damned happy with it :toot:

Funky stuff!

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 10 Abyssal Dwarf Immortals, 28mm from Mantic Games.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Additional Oath!

I, Weirdo, Oath the following three additional models for November: An ogre command group (28mm, Mantic)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

krushgroove posted:

Oaths Accepted!

Unfortunately you forgot the American Samoa time - sorry to be a stickler about this but don't want to let things slip too much! if you can re-take the Oath photo with whatever progress you've made you'll be fine.

Whoops, keep forgetting that :doh:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete! :hellyeah:

Three Mantic ogres (who ended up much redder than I planned) and ten Abyssal Dwarf Immortals (a.k.a."the Bucketheads"). I followed the basic Mantic pattern for painting Abyssal Dwarves.

Also I'm loving the Dale Gribble for Mars Attacks.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 5 Fleabag Riders by Mantic Games, 28mm, for the month of February.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I, Weirdo, Oath one Xiuhcoatl and one Sidney Rose on Giant Flea (Mantic Games, 28mm).

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Going to 'Save da Whales' for my February Oath!

Weirdo posted:

I Weirdo Oath 5 Fleabag Riders by Mantic Games, 28mm, for the month of February.

All they need are some highlights and final touches.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Oaf Complete! A man on a flea, and an aztec with a plasma gun! For use in a silly pathfinder game as a high-level summoner, and an aztec priest who worships aliens.

Also Savin Da Whales from February: five gobbo riders. The pink one represents the alzabo, one of my favourite things from the Dying Earth series.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I Weirdo Oath 5 Orx marauders and 3 trolls, both Mantic 28mm scale.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Iris of Ether posted:

:siren: March Monthly Prizes! :siren:

March Oath Thread, $10 OpenBookShelf 1d35 19 http://orokos.com/roll/281673
This goes to Weirdo!
Contact Dagon for details on how to claim this prize.

Many thanks! :woop:

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
:hellyeah: Oaf Complete Three mantic trolls, and five orx marauders to be used as ranged orcs for Kings of War. It's been a fun year! I hope to complete more minis once I get an airbrush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yes, many thanks to our friendly Oath-goons :hfive:

• Locked thread