Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

I, Under 15, make the following oath for May:

14 Games Workshop orcs, 28mm

Depending on how fast I get these dudes painted it might be a mass production month. I want to get enough guys ready to play an actual game - I could have painted three chaos armies by now and I'm only at a thousand points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

OATH COMPLETE!

14 orcs, basecoated only. The goal here is to just get paint on the model and cover up all the white parts, except what's going to be yellow. Accuracy is of secondary concern.

14 orcs drowning in washes and inks. I don't do anything with the skin because A: I don't have a green ink and B: having the skin be the only un-inked thing gives it a different texture which imo is appropriate for skin. I do hit eyes, mouths, and fingernails with nuln oil for contrast, though.

14 orcs, repainted over. Some areas, like the tunics, get re-application of the basecoat, but other stuff gets a whole highlight layer. These orcs are almost done, except for the highlights and fiddly poo poo (which won't be too elaborate, since this is mass-production month)

Oath complete! Only took about four days. Because of that...

I, Under 15, add the following to my Oath(and put my immortal soul back in peril of Oath Failure:)

10 Night Goblins
2 Night Goblin Fanatics
1 Night Goblin Shaman

All GW miniatures, 28mm.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Asphyxious posted:

OATH COMPLETE

Detektuv's Jurnal

Backstory

So I think I'm applying for:
- Season 5iver
- Backstory
- Detektuv's Jurnal
- Double the fun

I'll give that three points for this month.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I, Under 15, have another addition to my oath:

3 Savage Orc Boar Riders

These guys are a test for both savage orcs and boars. This has been a remarkably productive month.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

:orks101: Oath Complete :orks:

Finished the Trukk today and took some pics, managed to borrow a lightbox. I have included my previous updates here too.

Scrap Trukk:

This is a Conversion of a GW Ork Trukk - http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Ork-Trukk - the Driver was swapped to the right hand side, and a crane system was added using a Sentinel Cockpit plus misc plasticard and bitz.

---

Executioner

WIP Pics for the Jurnal

Paints for the Paint God - Parts List

11 Spanna Boyz

Hopefully the dates are legible enough in these shots, I can read em but that may be my own bias.

Anyway, these guys are Speed Painted and are a Themed Group.

You need to post bigger pictures, 'cause that trukk is pretty bangin'

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Oath Re-complete!

I went back and forth on the boars for a while because it's hard to make them not look like loving mice - I want to see the references that the sculptor used when making those things. Anyone have any ideas for future boars? I have a lot of them.

To get it all in one post, here's my first group of models:

I can claim the journal because I took the WIP photos for the first set, right?

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Ledgem posted:

Oath Complete!

I like these guys, have a very sardaukar vibe to them

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

LaikatheSpaceDog posted:

Oath Complete!

Work in Progress:

Here they are unprimed, in order to show off my fancy-pants greenstuffing.

Basecoated...

Here they are with the highlights done, but with still billions of little things left to do.

Nobody has quoted these dudes but I really like the color selection on them - fits the cyberpunk theme just right. The colors match the conversion work well

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I, Under 15, oath the following items

40 old-rear end GW orcs
1 GW Doom Diver
3 GW Goblin Crew

We'll see if I can burn myself out painting 37 of the exact same model!

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Oath Complete!

Old style orc horde! I got the plastics for like eight bucks on ebay.

A long time ago I bought a doom diver and it didn't come with all the parts it should have, so I've opted here to depict it in its natural state (all hosed up from a misfire)

Here's the unfortunate Doom Diver, along with the goblin with the measuring stick that determined he was tall enough to ride this ride.

Another angle

Orc closeups. I really like this model, even after painting it 37 times in a row

I'd like to claim my Journal entry as the crashed doom diver, since it's all mounted on a clear acrylic flying base and done up with aluminum foil and what have you. I'd also like to claim I rolled a six! since he's going to be used as the template when the catapult fires, should I ever manage to play a game of Warhammer.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I, under 15, oath the following for July:

10 Savage Orc Boar Boyz (GW, 28mm)

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Additional oath! 12 High Shield Gun Corpsmen(corpsdwarves) and 6 Rhulic Arcanists:siren:
These are Privateer Press

Is that your goban your models are sitting on :(

No wonder you're in the market for a new one.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Oath Complete!

I'm burned out after doing all those orcs last month. I barely got these dudes done. Next month I'm taking it easy instead of phoning it in.

Journal is the glowing eyes on the shaman. Peoples' OSL this month is insane, there is no way I can keep up with work like that. Congratulations, you guys.

EDIT: Still taking suggestions on how to make the boars not look like mice! I still have a ton more boar riders to paint so there is time to learn~

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I, Under 15, Oath the following models for August

5 GW spider riders
1 GW goblin spear chucker

Taking it easy this month, I'm feeling a little burned out on painting.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

OATH COMPLETE

Inquisitor's journal is clearest on the bolt thrower, but I don't use any metallic paint anyway so any model will do. I'd also like to claim a Themed Group.

Spent about two weeks perplexed as to how to paint the spiders, but they turned out to be more fun than the goblins. I'd figured for sure it would be the other way around.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I, Under 15, Oath the following models:

3 GW Savage Orc Boar Riders
1 GW Boar That Does Not Look Like A Mouse
1 GW Converted Rat Ogre

The Rat Ogre is my Cut and Swap, he had his stabby thing replaced with a smashy thing, his tail cut off, and his head replaced with an orkier one.

More models to come, I hosed up priming today and I have to strip the others.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

OATH ADDITION

1 GW Orc Warboss

There was some other stuff I intended to oath, but after loving up in priming, I stripped them, and hosed up again so that's on hold. These guys have to be done by next saturday for a tournament, though, so if there's more fight in me afterwards I'll oath a bunch of goblins or something.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Oath Addition!

11 Night Goblins

I just got a boatload of savage orcs but they aren't ready for painting yet. One of the hopes of buying second-hand is that someone has cleaned the mould lines for you :sigh:

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Oath Complete!

Claiming Themed group like usual. Journal entry is the big guy with the goblins, made from a Rat Ogre that usually looks like this:

Swapped the head with an orc one, changed the rippy blade to a smashy bit, and docked the tail.

Big month for me! After a year and a half of painting orcs and goblins I finally settle on how i want to paint skulls. It's hard to tell from the pictures since they're a bit yellow, but I'm highlighting with a real light green tinge that does a great job of knocking the flatness out of them.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I, Under 15, oath the following models for October:

15 Night Goblins
2 Night Goblin Big Bosses
3 Night Goblin Shamans
1 Night Goblin Warboss
2 Orc Boyz
1 Rat ogre orc monster thing

May add more, feeling like this will be a productive month!

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Oath Complete!

Jurnal is the pink-suited puppet on my shaman, for Breast Cancer Awareness.

Also, I realized a lot of my models have been front-only shots for a few months. Here's one to prove I paint both sides:

The camera is merciless in showing how rough my primer job was, but my yellows and oranges came out dope so who cares

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Kicking this poo poo off immediately this month.

I, Under 15, oath the following:

Azhag the Slaughterer

Rock Lobber (no crew)
5 Gnarly Cave Squigs
10 Night Goblins

The wyvern's head looks a little weird, but that's just because I forgot to primer it with the rest of the model. I'll be painting it over white before I begin, obviously.

My goal is to Speedpaint Azhag, since I have a tournament next week and I need his death magic to Purple Sun all these 1000-point Herohammer motherfuckers GW has been releasing.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Man, it's a good thing I have DST on my side because goddamn Azhag is taking much longer than expected

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

When I say Azhag I mean Skullmuncha or whatever its name is because I've only worked on Azhag about twenty minutes so far.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Speed paint complete!

Pictures with actual lighting to follow.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Thank you to the United States Congress for providing the extra hour I needed to finish this motherfucker on time.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Oath Complete!

Journal model is the squig with the cool hair. Azhag, as mentioned way before, was Speed Painted
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3630222&userid=72813#post437129058

The catapult was a bitch to paint. I like the old orc war machines but the sculpting frankly sucks... the wood grain is not sculpted very well, but there was no way to get around it, and the rivets everywhere don't have enough of a profile to catch a wash very well.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

I, Under 15, oath the following:

10 GW Savage Orcs
5 GW Night Goblins

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

My oath is Failed

Too much going on this month, never got beyond basecoating my mans. It's a shame, but I'll always have an alternate universe candidate.

Next month's oath will be much more modest.

• Locked thread