Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I'm glad to see all the early interest in the thread this month!

FYI: I'm working on cleaning up the points spreadsheet for Season 5. Everyone's entry is tracked privately on it right now, but it should be public within a few days. :)

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Lets get back on the wagon!

Oathing 5 Mantic Forgefather Steel Warriors, and 3 Mantic Forgefather Stormrage Veterans with purloined Plasma Guns.

These are 28mm, correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Pierzak posted:

I, Pierzak, add to my May oath (Original oath post) one Sphinx TAG (Corvus Belli, Infinity, 28mm scale but the mini is something like 55 mm tall; also, if it isn't clear the base is unpainted so there's only one paint there)

(If this gets approved today, I'll attempt to speedpaint it)

Seems okay to me, and yes, you're cool if you start speedpainting it right away. I'll still let Krushgroove formally approve it, though.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

SRM posted:

I, SRM, Oath one Space Marine Command Squad by Games Workshop (28mm)

Hey SRM, I think your link is broken. :ohdear: Let me know when you get it fixed, and I'll include you in the spreadsheet. Thanks!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

SRM posted:

For some reason Dakka removed it. Stupid. Here it is again:

Cool, thanks!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

thespaceinvader posted:

Can I Whales a last season oath? If not, two of them are still good to go as I only did one colour of basecoat, so I'll get pic up soonish. The third is four colours so far so no dice D:

Leperflesh posted:

That is a good question. I'm not part of the rules-writing or adjudicating team this year, because I want to take part, but I am still sponsoring the Whales prize. I'd be happy to let folks Whales oaths from last year, but I assume that only goes as far as being eligible for the year-end prize I'm offering. Last year, Whalesing an oath also potentially affected points, because of the bonus points you earned for completing lots of oaths (and whalesing an oath counted towards that completion).

So let me say that, if Iris of Ether is OK with tracking it somehow on the spreadsheet, and the rules-writers don't see it as an inconvenience or problem with regards to the rest of the contest, I'm all for it.

I'll let the rules writers deal with the rules end of things (as I'm still getting up to speed on that end), but I really shouldn't have a problem tracking it. Don't let me hold you back. :D

Edit: I will say that last year there were plenty of times when I felt constrained by the month-on-month schedule - I'd hold myself back to start painting something just so that it'd qualify. It kind of seems counterintuitive!

In that regard, it seems to me that accepting Whales oaths that weren't failed this year still lies within the spirit of 'just paint!', so I have no beef with it.

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 2, 2014

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Raphus C, thiswayliesmadness: Your pics look fine, but please snap another one in Samoa time. :) It's okay if you've already started painting.

Oh snap, we've got a Tank-Off. (Does that mean we've successfully advertised in the Historicals Thread?)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Business Gorillas posted:

:gay:I, Business Gorillas, get back in the saddle and oath Ferensian Wolves Wild Dogs (2) and Necromancer Warlock (1):gay:

The models are from Games Workshop. Is it possible to claim speed painting for the Wolves, or do I have to do speed painting for the entire oath?

Last season, it was just 1 figure minimum. I'd be surprised if it changed from that.

Haydrian posted:

I, Haydrian, oath ten Reaper pseudo-orks, to be properly 'roided up and converted into Shoota Boyz!

Better get these taken care of, I want to get them off the mental kanban board.

I think those orcs might be Mantic, as Reaper doesn't use hard plastic sprues like that.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Electric Hobo posted:

I'm confused about a few things that's going on in here, probably because this is the first year I join in the oathing.
People talk about whale oathing. I don't know what that is, but since I'm Scandinavian, I assume it involves killing whales.

And I don't get this achivement:

I'm pretty sure the Jurnal is whatever's going on during a given month, like the 'take at least 3 Work In Progress pictures' that's happening right now, but I don't get what a bonus is.

'Whales' is a shortening of '[I'm gonna] Save the Whales', which is when a person fails an oath in a prior month and attempts to finish it up in a subsequent one. It needs to be declared, and doing it allows you to requalify for some of the prize drawings/points/whatever that you would have missed had you just left the oath failed. I think there may also be a special Whales-Only contest draw.

Note: Often people will declare both an Oath and a Whales at the same time: The 'Whales' oath saves the credit they lost for the prior month, while the actual Oath gets them credit for the current month. I think we had at least one case last year where someone thought their Whales oath allowed them fix their failed oath AND to get prizes for the current month, and they had an unhappy surprise at the end of the month. :ohdear:

'Double the fun!' is do any two Jurnals or Achievements (previously called 'Bonuses') on the same oath. This can spread across different minis in the same oath, as well.

We haven't updated 'bonus' to 'achievement' in all of our documentation yet, so hopefully this clears up that confusion. :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

lovestick posted:

18 goblins simply isn't enough for one month so I am going to have to up my game andadd on to my oath for the month of May.

I promise to oath another 18 goblins, 6 wargs, 2 giant spiders, the Goblin King, and the Goblin Town terrain set in addition to my original oath of 18 goblins.

All models are made by Games Workshop and are 28mm in scale.

Please let me know if I can provide anything to help with adding to my oath. The scenery was primed brown with an airbrush using only one color, if it's a problem let me know.

The airbrushed brown isn't a problem. Are you using the World Time Server website set to Samoa time, though? The webpage looks different.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Ledgem posted:

Oathing: Two gators, a wrastler, Rhoven & honour guard, and a Vassal mechanic all from Privateer Press.

I only noticed afterwards that the dude's flame is covering the number 5 after May. If I need to retake these I will but posting anyway.

Since I'm going to ask you for the shot in Samoa time (for standardization), you may as well retake it anyway. :) It's okay if you've started painting it.

It looks like the honor guard is two figures, correct?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

krushgroove posted:

Thanks for dropping them a request already, and yeah I copypasted your mention in the Bones thread :)

:unsmigghh: I just dropped a mention in the Trad Games Kickstarter thread as well. Let's pull the board gamers in, too.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

Isn't Samoa the worst place to pick of you want to give everybody until the last possible minute? Aren't they UTC +13/+14 depending on DST. Wouldn't you want UTC -12? Or am I high on allergy meds, which is probable.

enri posted:

Actually this is a good point, or am I high too? Being +13 UTC means people on GMT for example have to be finished by 11am on the last day of the month, rather than midnight as has been the case in the past.

It at least looks like it's to the east of the International Date Line. :ohdear:

So it looks like it's one of the last places on Earth to experience 'end of day', unless they're pulling some weird stuff with their time zone.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Ripley posted:

Apparently the dateline in Samoa was changed in 2011 (link). Right now it's 10 PM on May 5th here in the UK, 10 AM May 6th in Samoa, and 10 AM May 5th in American Samoa.

I seem to very vaguely remember hearing about a country swapping to the other side of the Date Line semi-recently in order to better synch up with local economies. Was that them?

Krushgroove, et al: How do we want to handle this?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Slimnoid posted:

:siren:Oath Complete!:siren:

For ease of bookeeping, I went for the following bonuses this month: Themed Group, Parts List, Inquisitor Journal.

Also, though I haven't gotten an answer back from krushgroove on whether I should take another oath photo or not, I went and did it anyway.

Thanks for the retaken picture!

For Achievements, I also gave you Season 5iver (for first oath) and Double the Fun for doing the Journal & Parts List.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I managed to hit my storage unit this weekend to see if there was anything interesting in there for the prize pool.

That's some Reaper stuff, some Elmore Dark Sword stuff, a Privateer Press figure, and some really old Rackham metal stuff. The wizard was a Gen Con exclusive. :getin:

Krushgroove, as soon as my next Reaper order gets in, I'll ship this to you for prizes.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Icon Of Sin posted:

:pcgaming: OATH COMPLETE :pcgaming:

I'm giving you Season 5iver as well for first oath, and Double the Fun for doing at least 2 activities on the same set of figures. Since it looks like (by timestamps) you painted these up in 2 hours, would you like to claim Speed Painting as well?

Edit: Since you expressed intent to speed paint in your Oath post, I'll give it to you. :)

:siren: Anyone else reading this, please try to list everything you achieved in your Oath Complete post, so that I don't miss anything! :siren:

ForkBanger posted:

Welp, may as well keep working on toy soldiers.

I, ForkBanger, oath Mr. Tannen and two Beckoners for May.

These are Wyrd Miniatures (Malifaux), correct? 28mm scale?

Iris of Ether fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 7, 2014

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Deanut Pancer posted:

From the wiki:

I think that 10 points number is a copy-paste leftover from last year's rules. Isn't the standard max score now 5 points per month before judging/achievements?

I quite like the point streamlining now, especially the change to current/previous jurnal score. I just need to go find something to oath for this month so I can start the season off properly...

That's correct, it should be 5 points now.

JerryLee posted:

For this month's Jurnal, do you need to post each progress shot as you take it, or can you wait and post them all at the end?

I was planning on doing the latter but I see some folks doing the former so I thought I'd clarify.

I'd actually prefer all 3 in-progress shots be posted in your Oath Complete post. :) If people want to post them before then as additional thread content, though, go right ahead!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:siren: The Season 5 Oath Spreadsheet is here! :siren:

I still need to clean up some of the calculation spreadsheets (the quarterly stuff is pretty broken right now), but you can now check to see if you've been included properly. You can also check the Achievements tab to see if I gave you all the One Time Bonuses that you've earned so far.

I'll add prize columns once I have a better idea what we've got. The Grand Total sheet needs some elbow grease, so ignore it for now. :)

Red text or yellow highlighting on your name means that Krushgroove raised an issue with your oath that needs to be resolved. It's pretty much mostly that your Oath picture needs to be retaken, though we do have one invalid oath that snuck in there.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Hey Krushgroove, does Season 5iver count for the purposes of Double the Fun?

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Zark the Damned posted:

(I am hoping partial Oath complete posts are OK)

It's alright, but please at least requote all of these in your final 'Oath Complete' post. I can't give you Achievement points until your entire Oath is complete, and I'd hate to miss any!

Also, I don't think I can accept that Speed Painting because I can't see the date on the 'Before' picture. :(

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

SRM posted:

I, SRM, make an additional oath of one Space Marine Razorback (28mm) for the game of Warhams Forty Million by Games Workshop

Also, I would like to claim a themed group entry for my command squad.

I've temporarily withdrawn your 'complete' status but marked you for 'Themed Group'. :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

ijyt posted:

If I post oath complete, but then decide that I can do another model, can I add it to the oath?

Yes, you can add it to your Oath, but your Oath becomes incomplete again until you finish up the newly-added model.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I, Dr. Red Ranger, oath these 5 Chaos Cultists(GW, 28mm) for the month of May

The Oath looks fine, but for consistency's sake, could you take a photo with the time set to American Samoa? It's okay if you've already started painting them for that pic.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

krushgroove posted:

Hmmm this is an interesting oath! We're not actually doing the Alternate Universe oath thing this time but this is interesting all the same. I wonder how we can remember this in a year's time...? Iris of Ether, perhaps a column or page in the spreadsheet where participants can make 'off the wall' type oaths like this? This being the first one of the sort I have trouble imagining what we might possibly get but this could be an interesting thing for the thread...

Sure, I'll think about how we can best implement it, then probably go do it on the weekend. On that note...

Icon Of Sin posted:

Iris of Ether, my points aren't showing in the spreadsheet even though there's a link to my completed oath :(

You're correct. I won't be able to fix it up until later today, though, as Google Drive doesn't seem to want to play nice with the Intranet at my new office. :ohdear:

On that note, I'm near guaranteed to miss a lot of the Season 5ivers, especially for folks who didn't do any other Achievements. I'll try to remember to do cleanup at end of month. :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Icon Of Sin posted:

Iris of Ether, my points aren't showing in the spreadsheet even though there's a link to my completed oath :(

Okay, I fixed it for you. I think what happened is I gave you your Achievement points, but I didn't go back and fill in your standard Oath points after I did that. :downs:

JerryLee posted:

Where's the link to the S5 spreadsheet? I don't see it anywhere in the OP.

It's here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=1

FYI, the Grand Total sheets and the Quarterly Prize sheets aren't properly hooked up right now, but the May sheet should be working fine.

krushgroove posted:

My bad, I've forgotten to add it in - for now look up Iris of Ether's past posts by clicking the '?' in any of her posts.

I hear ya, I just got it in my head that that it might be a fun way to get more prizes out to people (not points). It might not work but if it can be worked out somehow it'd be good to keep track. Besides the rules are much more simplified than they were last time around so there may be something we can do with it.

Yeah, I'm not going to hook it up to points or anything, but maybe I can keep a notes sheet for just in case people want to throw bonus prizes at people doing particularly wacky things. :v:

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

NTRabbit posted:

Not really important, but all of the sheet names still say 2013

Whoops, it's fixed now. :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Zark the Damned posted:

Hopefully the dates are legible enough in these shots, I can read em but that may be my own bias.

Seems legible to me! You may also want to make sure I didn't miss any of your points in the spreadsheet.

Fuegan posted:

I believe this entitles me to claim Double The Fun for those two, plus Season 5iver for my first Season 5 oath! Right?

I think so, yes. :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Mt. ORourke posted:

I just realized I'm missing my Season 5-er point, because I am lazy and forgot to post it in my oath post here.

Also- for Fly Your Flag, does the flag have to be custom made, or can the model start with a cool flag that I then paint really nice?

Fixed. Also, I think we accepted preexisting flags in the oaths last year, so that should work. Krushgroove gets final say, though.

jodai posted:

I'm probably going to do some tokens next month, how would I go about is thing that?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the questions, I'd say 1) take a standard unpainted Oath photo with them, 2) paint them up, and 3) make sure you claim the 'I rolled a 6' Achievement when you post Oath Complete. They function similar to any other painted Oath beyond that.

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:Last May oath: a War Hog, a Road Hog, Midas, and 4 Bone Grinders.:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

You are a machine. :allears:

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Zark the Damned posted:

Cheers! I shall try remember not to shrink down my pics too much, bad habits from other forum project logs with stricter rules I guess.

I can see total for the month and the individual achievements in their sheets, but the Totals sheet is showing 0 for everyone's one-off scores, I guess it's not yet been hooked up? Thanks for keeping on top of this!

Correct, I haven't gotten the chance to clean up the final point standings spreadsheets yet. Same thing with some of the prize categories. (Though that's partially because we haven't gotten confirmation on all of them yet.)

No worries! Thanks for helping keep me honest on it. :D

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

lovestick posted:

Oath complete!

Below are the pictures of my 36 goblins, goblin town terrain, goblin king, 2 spiders, and 6 dire wolves.

That should include Detektuv Jornal, Parts List, Double the Fun, and Themed Group!

Would it be possible for you to either number the goblins or take another shot of just the 36 goblins? The overlap is making them hard to count.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Great, thanks!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Elfface posted:

Oath complete!

Also pictured: Scheme Markers for I rolled a 6!

Also: I went back and tweaked my speed-painting submission's base. Does this disqualify it? If not, I'm claiming Double the Fun.
For comparison:

And some more close-ups (Plus a blurry pic I re-took but accidentally uploaded.)
http://imgur.com/a/SF8CY

First, if you add your username to your photos, you can get an extra point for the month. :)

Second, I don't think I can give you points for I rolled a 6! because your initial Oath didn't include the unpainted markers. (Unless I'm missing some pictures?)

Third, I'll defer to Krushgroove, but I don't think cleaning up your base would disqualify you from the Speed Painting. It's more in the gray area, though.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

YF19pilot posted:

Hey, I just noticed an error in the spreadsheet. You have the monthly Jurnal as 1 point, but the Quarterly Spreadsheet formula for determining qualifier is looking for a value of '2'. That is, you have the following formula for May:
=IF('May 2014'!O39=2,ʺYʺ,ʺNʺ)

If this is just a placeholder, then ignore me, but I figured I'd bring it up before people start grouching about not being qualified for the quarterly Jurnal prizes.

Yup, that's an artifact from our rule changes between Seasons 4 & 5. On the plus side, it's a rather consistent artifact, so at the moment, no one's earning credit. :v:

There will probably continue to be some artifacts until it becomes necessary for me to fix them (for judging purposes), but I can fix that one right now. Thanks for looking!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

enri posted:

So I guess that's this months Journal and also Season 5iver? I'll save some of the achievements for later months... and er... doesn't that mean that everyone who bothers with the journal this month is also eligible for Double the fun? :)

Nah, we ruled earlier in the month that Season 5iver doesn't count towards fulfilling Double the Fun, or absolutely everyone (as opposed to like 75% of you) would get it. :)

I'm fine with including this as Box Art (though it's more of a 'Breaking the 4th Wall'), but I want to hear feedback from the other thread runners before giving you the points.

ForkBanger posted:

The Beckoners and Mr. Tannen are a Themed Group, employees of Jakob Lynch's Honeypot Casino (and also horrible monsters hidden in human guises).

Unless the rules have changed for this year, I think you need a set of 5 figures at 28mm scale to qualify for themed group.

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Under 15 posted:

I can claim the journal because I took the WIP photos for the first set, right?

I think I gave you Journal credit, but in the future, please relink the pictures in the final post, or it becomes a crapshoot as to whether I notice them again. :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Pierzak posted:

Last day and a shitload of work. Welp, time to prime :haw:

Are you still accepting speedpainting declaration photos? :v:

I don't see why not. :v:

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
I'm fine either way regarding the decision to include or not include zenithal priming. The only thing I ask is that if we allow it, people call out that it's already been zenithal primed in their original Oath post.

Obviously we'd take issue (on judging if nothing else) if someone really phoned it in with the subsequent paint job, but it does make sense to me that someone would have large amounts of pre-primed figures if they were trying to do some batch processing on their end.

Off topic, FYI to the thread - I'm behind on getting some entries into the spreadsheet for folks who finished their May Oaths. :ohdear: It's largely me getting used to my new job and certainly not at all that we did a marathon of the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game this weekend :downs:. My goal is to get that entered in tonight!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
Hey folks, I've only had a limited amount of time to review the spreadsheet during the work weeks (due to getting used to a new job), but I wanted to let people know that the sheet should be up to date regarding May Oath completion. So please post here if you notice anything wonky about the completion I've given you on the May 2014 tab and the Achievements tab!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhbAQSD-C_25dFcwTGtXeWJpNG9Ob18yclJKYUhQMkE&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=12

I know that I've probably missed giving some people Season 5iver, for instance.

As another point, I only gave people credit for Themed Group if they had completed at least (5) figures that looked like they went together (for 28mm scale). If that doesn't match Season 5's rules, though, let me know and I'll correct. :)

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused
:woop: Finally caught up with spreadsheet completion! :woop:

krushgroove posted:

:siren: A CALL TO GOONS! :siren:

We're looking for new things to stick into the Grab Bag, goons!

I owe you and Manifest some itemized pictures. :)

ForkBanger posted:

I, ForkBanger, oath these Ten Thunders Malifaux proxies- a High River Monk, a Ten Thunders Brother, a possible big Shenlong, Monk, a Fermented River Monk, and a possible small Shenlong.

I can't decide if I want my kung fu tyrant to be oversized or petite. I'll paint both, and see which I prefer.

Four of these guys are 32mm i]Buhido[/i] miniatures, one is a 28mm Heldorado miniature.

Why pick? You can recreate the time I thought it was a good idea to play the 'Gonna Need a Bigger Boat' drama card on a Kung Fu boss in Deadlands. Two characters died that day. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Conan the Librarian posted:

I, Conan the Librarian, do hereby oath to paint these miniatures consisting of 3 Egyptian T-54s, 2 Egyptian ZSU-57-2s, and 2 Israeli Magach 2s.
These are 15mm miniatures from Battlefront.

Allahu Akbar!

Congratulations, you're our 100th Oather! :toot:

• Locked thread