Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
It's not Retard Week or anything, it's just the one guy. What in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I've been watching this and Lincoln is not exaggerating.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
Vanna White may not be a Rhodes Scholar but to call her a retard is just uncalled for.

Oh nevermind, yup its a tard.

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
Oh my God he requested a letter without spinning again. And he asked for an A, which you have to buy.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Flipped it over to Wheel of Fortune. Was not disappointed.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

A tard week on Jeopardy would be the greatest thing ever.

Man that kid is fascinated by the wheel

WonderfulWino fucked around with this message at 00:49 on May 1, 2014

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

He lost :(

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

bankrupt ohhhh noooooooooooooo

/
:downs:

Lincoln
May 12, 2007

Ladies.
The lady that won has to be like, thank God I didn't lose to the retarded kid. On the other hand, she beat a retarded kid in Wheel of Fortune. Real fuckin neato.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

winning against a retard is a no win situation

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Lincoln posted:

The lady that won has to be like, thank God I didn't lose to the retarded kid. On the other hand, she beat a retarded kid in Wheel of Fortune. Real fuckin neato.

on the other hand she couldnt get a 3 small word final puzzle with half the letters solved lol the retard prob would have

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx3x4h8BHG0

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
It's as magnificent as I hoped.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Does the government give retards free bowl cuts or are they like "I'm retarded, might as well embrace it."

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zVxTeflon posted:

on the other hand she couldnt get a 3 small word final puzzle with half the letters solved lol the retard prob would have

on the other other hand it's wheel of fortune. most of the contestants couldnt get a 3 small word final puzzle with half the letters solved

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Irish Joe posted:

Does the government give retards free bowl cuts or are they like "I'm retarded, might as well embrace it."

Sadly, it's the only Medicaid-approved haircut.

Honestly, at first I thought this was an old topic talking about the guy a little while back during College Week who couldn't do anything right. He had a whole puzzle spelled out but hosed up because he didn't know how to pronounce Achilles. "Atch-i-less?"

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

SpaceAceJase posted:

It's as magnificent as I hoped.

Irish Joe posted:

It's much more :unsmith: than I was expecting.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
I thought I would feel bad for making fun of this, but somehow I feel bad even just watching it. Somehow it feels cruel to even let him go on television. It's like the show is trying as hard as it can not to make fun of him but he's just not making it easy for them, is he?

I mean I know he'll never realize how he looked but even so. I thought I was watching South Park.

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
I wanted to be able to watch this without laughing, but I couldn't get past 0:57 of that video without cracking up.

Antifa Spacemarine
Jan 11, 2011

Tzeentch can suck it.
CREAM CHEESE COFFEE CAKE

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chickenfrogman posted:

I wanted to be able to watch this without laughing, but I couldn't get past 0:57 of that video without cracking up.

I was giving it everything I had and then MEGGAAAAAAWORRRDDD and I was dead

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Lincoln posted:

Oh my God he requested a letter without spinning again. And he asked for an A, which you have to buy.

That's how it works. You don't spin when you're buying a vowel. I mean, i guess if you want you can fault him for not prefacing it with "I'd like to buy a vowel", but he's obviously got no time for that poo poo.

EDIT: For some reason I have a very vivid memory of watching Wheel of Fortune when I was a kid in the late 80's. There was a retard on that week, but he was more of a Forrest Gump type, except more animated, upbeat, and happy than Gump. I think it was a tall bald guy. He also won like at least 3 days in a row, and since I was a young kid and not the cynical bastard that I am now, I remember really rooting for the guy and feeling very :unsmith: when he won.

OldSenileGuy fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 1, 2014

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

OldSenileGuy posted:

That's how it works. You don't spin when you're buying a vowel. I mean, i guess if you want you can fault him for not prefacing it with "I'd like to buy a vowel", but he's obviously got no time for that poo poo.

This is true. Perhaps we are the real retards.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

Ravane posted:

This is true. Perhaps we are the real retards.

Perhaps? :laffo:

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
Well of course he solved the puzzle with the word "cake" in it.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

It annoys me that he's got such pristine Bieber-like hair. If my hair could do that, I'd literally be a walking god.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Ravane posted:

It annoys me that he's got such pristine Bieber-like hair. If my hair could do that, I'd literally be a walking god.

I know retards are people with thoughts and feelings and human dignity but I kind of just want to pet his hair. It looks so soft.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This was like a gift from heaven.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Clicking on the TV IV link, scrolling down to see this. and then reading the posts made me laugh so hard I cried.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
His "Spinning, Yeah!" catchphrase sounds like a high-pitched Randy Savage.

A Sloth
Aug 4, 2010
EVERY TIME I POST I AM REQUIRED TO DISCLOSE THAT I AM A SHITHEAD.

ASK ME MY EXPERT OPINION ON GENDER BASED INSULTS & "ENGLISH ETHNIC GROUPS".

:banme:
He's living his dream. :)

Manos del Sino
Apr 12, 2004

Original Pony
Soiled Meat
I think it's kind of special. :downs:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Kid owned the poo poo out of the two Joannas in the clip, too bad he didn't win in the end.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ravane posted:

Maybe it's a helmet made to look like hair like on Flight of the Conchords

e:

quote:

I decided to be a contestant because I have been a fan of the show since I was at least two years of age. I love the show and wanted to be part of its history. I thought I would do a great job at solving puzzles.

I have applied to be on the show at every opportunity, from "Face of the Fan" to the recent Wheelmobile event at the University of Phoenix Stadium in March 2013. I believe I was chosen from that event when I enthusiastically solved the slogan "L'eggo my Eggo".

After being notified that I would be a contestant after my final May audtition at the Saguaro Hotel in Scottsdale, I watched every single episode I could, incluing Saturday morning reruns of the past season episodes. I also played the game on every available platform as often as possible.

The first thing my family and friends said when I found out I was going to be on the show was of course, congratulations, and they also asked when it would air. Then they told me that I would do great, and that they were very proud of me.

Meeting Pat, during the third taping of the day I was on the show, was as awesome and amazing as it could be. I even mentioned the infamous category, "Megaword". However, I did not get to talk to Vanna, but sure wish I had been able to!

While on camera, I was very relaxed and focused the whole time, and did my best to be myslef and make sure not to call any lettrs already called.

My best advice to future contestants is to relax and have a good time. It is a lot of fun, whether you win big or not. That is my number one guarantee.

I want to thank all of the contestant staf for taking the time to help me, and would like to thanks Pat Sajak for his assistance, as well. I have some physical challenges that they were aware of and they made sure I was safe and comfortable.

February 27, 2014 was one of the BEST DAYS OF MY LIFE! Thanks, Wheel of Fortune!

http://www.wheeloffortune.com/contestants?c=trentong290014

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 1, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trentong sounds like an unPC term for retard.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
But I have never been on the show?!?

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Still not as bad as the college students last week or so

CATEGORY: PHRASE

"KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE _RIN_STONE"

:downs: "M!"

I, too, was shocked the answer was not "keep your nose to the mrinmstone"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

winvirus posted:

Still not as bad as the college students last week or so

CATEGORY: PHRASE

"KEEP YOUR NOSE TO THE _RIN_STONE"

:downs: "M!"

I, too, was shocked the answer was not "keep your nose to the mrinmstone"

I feel this word is grindstone, but what the hell is a grindstone and why would you keep your nose to it (unless free plastic surgery).

• Locked thread