Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
This is the May 2014 chat thread, bring all derails and shitposts here, etc. April thread was here!

I got nothing this month so here's some Gunshow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

That's one of the better Forgotten Realms stories imo

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I cannot count how many times nerds have asked me "so which NPC was your fetish insert?" thanks to that comic.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Syrg Sapphire posted:

I cannot count how many times nerds have asked me "so which NPC was your fetish insert?" thanks to that comic.

It is really the result of that comic or the fact you own a copy of FATAL and Witch Girl Adventures?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
a) FATAL was a gift, damnit.
b) Most of them quoted or referred to that comic.

\/\/\/\/ Yeah, totally, there was a sale for something like $10 for the entire set of books.

claw game handjob fucked around with this message at 08:27 on May 1, 2014

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
So you're saying you bought Witch Girl Adventures on purpose, then?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Syrg Sapphire posted:

I always reply "all of them" when/if it gets asked of me.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I can safely say I've never been asked that question; most people just laugh at the comic.

Clearly I'm doing something right.

Or wrong :unsmigghh:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Next game I app to I'm apping the Whizzard

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

ProfessorCirno posted:

I can safely say I've never been asked that question; most people just laugh at the comic.

Just want you to know my fetish insert is Quarko.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Ettin posted:

Just want you to know my fetish insert is Quarko.

We could already tell.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My fetish insert is Lemon :kimchi:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I thought I was Ettin's fetish insert character. Either that or it was that I was inserted into his fetish.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Every character I've made is a fetish insert of some type of mine.

Especially the non-human ones.

This thread is off to a MAGICAL start!

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I like the 3rd edition monster manual best because of harpy boobies

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

i can't make fetish inserts because my fetish is a meaningful emotional connection

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Evil Sagan posted:

That's one of the better Forgotten Realms stories imo

I hate you. :colbert:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You need to let go of FR, it's for the best really :ohdear:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
That's right FR is the best, really.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

If Faerun is the best Realm why is it Forgotten? Riddle me THAT, Batman!

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Esser-Z posted:

If Faerun is the best Realm why is it Forgotten? Riddle me THAT, Batman!
Why is it that I actually know the answer to this question?

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!

MadScientistWorking posted:

Why is it that I actually know the answer to this question?

Tell us the answer but do it rhyming-style, as the Riddler would leave a clue for Batman.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Forums Terrorist posted:

i can't make fetish inserts because my fetish is a meaningful emotional connection

Fuckin' pervert.

TG May chat thread: kinkshame edition

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

My kink is being kinkshamed.

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCbD8nsxcd8

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.
In honor of that song, I declare May 1st as Ed Greenwood Day in TG.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My kink is literal kinks

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Winson_Paine posted:

In honor of that song, I declare May 1st as Ed Greenwood Day in TG.

Yesssssss.

I can tell you if he won't Esser-Z.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Arivia posted:

Yesssssss.

I can tell you if he won't Esser-Z.

It was a silly joke, but now I'm actually curious, so go ahead!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Tollymain posted:

My kink is literal kinks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVXmMMSo47s

MadScientistWorking
Jun 23, 2010

"I was going through a time period where I was looking up weird stories involving necrophilia..."

Esser-Z posted:

It was a silly joke, but now I'm actually curious, so go ahead!
It has something to do with the fact that earth and the place where Forgotten Realms takes place were chummy chummy but eventually earth forgot about the realms.

MadScientistWorking fucked around with this message at 14:25 on May 1, 2014

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So remember this?

dwarf74 posted:

So in other news, we're adding a random dude to our D&D game tonight for my Zeitgeist campaign. He got in touch with me on ENWorld looking to start a game nearby, and I thought I'd extend him an invitation to mine.

He seems reasonable over email, so I guess we'll see...

... No? Okay, well, something amazing happened.

He turned out to be a really good guy, meshed well with the group, and didn't have any obvious terrible habits. He is an actual adult with a real career, just like the rest of us, we invited him back, and he'll be joining us from now on.

:stare:

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Congratulations on your miracle! I hope all is as it appears!

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
With Deadlands slated for a television series, how long do you think it'll be until we get a Crimson Skies series?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

MadScientistWorking posted:

It has something to do with the fact that earth and the place where Forgotten Realms takes place were chummy chummy but eventually earth forgot about the realms.

Yeah. Basically Ed came up with the Realms BEFORE getting into D&D. Way back when, there were Earth families with portals and family connections and stuff to the Realms that they had forgotten. So the start for many stories in Ed's original vision was to be finding a hidden door at the back of a forgotten closet and discovering the Realms beyond.

This is why poo poo like the real-world deities in the Realms (Mulhorand, Unther, Loviatar etc) fits very well.

If you want to see what the Realms was like at this time, check out "One Came, Unheralded, To Zirta" on candlekeep.com. It features Ed's REAL main characters for his stories, too.

Esser-Z
Jun 3, 2012

Interesting! Thanks for the history.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Fuego Fish posted:

With Deadlands slated for a television series, how long do you think it'll be until we get a Crimson Skies series?

Too drat long, because we don't have it right this second.

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I'm getting to play Rogue Trader for the first time tonight; it's a fresh group so I'm looking forward to. Small though: 4 people total, including the GM.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

Arivia posted:

Yeah. Basically Ed came up with the Realms BEFORE getting into D&D. Way back when, there were Earth families with portals and family connections and stuff to the Realms that they had forgotten. So the start for many stories in Ed's original vision was to be finding a hidden door at the back of a forgotten closet and discovering the Realms beyond.

This is why poo poo like the real-world deities in the Realms (Mulhorand, Unther, Loviatar etc) fits very well.

If you want to see what the Realms was like at this time, check out "One Came, Unheralded, To Zirta" on candlekeep.com. It features Ed's REAL main characters for his stories, too.

Fun fact - this is still technically Realms canon, as Elminster has a portal to Literally Ed Greenwood's house where they can hang out and share beers and are best buds.

No. Really.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

ProfessorCirno posted:

Fun fact - this is still technically Realms canon, as Elminster has a portal to Literally Ed Greenwood's house where they can hang out and share beers and are best buds.

No. Really.

Also canonically Elminster has a secret treehouse moonbase with a fridge and a Frigidaire air conditioner. Also his favourite beer is Budweiser, which he imports on his trips to Yellowstone.

We don't talk about this stuff.

• Locked thread