Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Quick sketch of the Lesser House Goon:

Only very rough, but I was really happy with the, um, solidness (is that the right term?).

e:

Eastdrom posted:

A hand. That's anatomy, right.

That really reminds me of the iron man.

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 23:00 on May 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
e: gently caress it, can't be arsed. :eng99:

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
That's amazing, thanks for the link!

The art in this thread has been even better than usual lately, so many beautiful things.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Been really lax about my daily practice lately, so climbing back on that horse. Still, I've probably done more drawing so far this year than before this year combined.

(Insert pyro pin-up joke)

I'm happy with today's, though the awesome reference photo helped a lot. Am really enjoying working with Clover Paint now I've got it tamed.

e: Imaginary Friend, is that digital or real? Because well done on making it look natural if it's digital, and well done on the scanning if it's natural - how did you get that look?

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 20:51 on May 13, 2014

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

30m from photo. Trying to be less outline-focused, though I really should have checked proportions more before starting to paint. Ah well, will try to do better tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who's providing guides, it's massively appreciated!

e: I felt like I 'got' gesture drawing for the first time today - rather than just 'a really rushed sketch', I was really feeling the whole rhythm-thing.

petrol blue fucked around with this message at 20:42 on May 15, 2014

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

Design for screen printing. Today I spent about half an hour learning how to use the pen tool in photoshop. :downs:

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
It really does, yeah - I don't tend to use photoshop in any way more advanced than layers / blending modes, I'm only just getting the hang of masks. Still, 'learning the pen tool' is better than 'nope, don't touch that button'.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
Purdy - love those colours and the crisp lines!

Cheers for the help with pentool, Noggut.

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers

Drunk art best art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

petrol blue
Feb 9, 2013

sugar and spice
and
ethanol slammers
I use Clover Paint, it's by far the best android painting app I've come across (having tried sketchbook pro and artflow - both were good, but sketchbook lacked stylus button support, and artflow was a touch clunky to use).

On desktop I use photoshop, but I don't really draw/paint much on it anymore.

• Locked thread