Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
will I later regret not putting effort into this poll?
Yes
No
View Results

• Locked thread
Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

DStecks posted:

Pretty sure about half the guns in Halo 4 shoot lasers.

There's at least one gun in each Halo game that shoots lasers. Plasma guns count for this, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Jake Blues posted:

What was the last FPS you recall playing that included a gun that fired lasers? C&C Renegade?(2002) Star Wars Dark Forces?(1995)

I can't honestly think of any others that you could fire lasers, and those two examples were produced by companies that released a yearly title in a series. I can think of at least four games now, that I've had this hope and it's unfortunate that neither a Battlefield or Call of Duty team in this day & age can't put this kind of variety into their games. Even Borderlands doesn't have lasers, and they're at least giving the player use of four held weapons.

v:shobon:v I will of course be tricked into buying this game just like all of the others.

Halo 4(yesterday)

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
I love stupid boilerplate shooters and even I could do with some laser gun pew pews. Give me saw blade guns and flak cannons that bounce off walls again. :(

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I skipped Ghosts, are people still playing on 360 or has everyone migrated to xbox one?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

jerman999 posted:

I skipped Ghosts, are people still playing on 360 or has everyone migrated to xbox one?

No.

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
If anyone here is playing COD right now, they're playing BO2. (Or extinction :butt:)

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/10/harry-gregson-williams-is-working-on-advanced-warfares-soundtrack/

Harry Gregson Williams (of METAL GEAR FAME) is working on the soundtrack.

Also:

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

jerman999 posted:

I would say, based on what I've seen, that 360 still has a huuuuuge community (passing 100k players on the weekends) that far outnumbers xbone.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

The Machinima Man posted:

I would say, based on what I've seen, that 360 still has a huuuuuge community (passing 100k players on the weekends) that far outnumbers xbone.

Note that none of these players are goons.

I Am Frick
Mar 26, 2004

The lesser half
of Frick and Frack

Fibby Boy posted:

Note that none of these players are goons.

True. And I don't know if I could see goons on the xbone in BOYS from the 360, but Frack and I are the only two who are ever online when we play.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

jerman999 posted:

I skipped Ghosts

good move

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Sledgehammer Dev Diary

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/12/inside-call-of-duty-advanced-warfares-development-video-from-gameinformer/

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Troy Baker is how game developers say "gently caress characterization".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Javes posted:

Video interview with Michael Condrey and Glen Schofield. Mostly singleplayer related stuff.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/07/what-makes-advanced-warfare-different-video-interview-with-gameinformer/

Glen Schofield directed the first dead space which is one of my favorite games. I have some hope for this game now.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

DStecks posted:

Troy Baker is how game developers say "gently caress characterization".

Eh? I thought he was pretty good in Bioshock Infinite and The Last Of Us.

pengun101 posted:

Glen Schofield directed the first dead space which is one of my favorite games. I have some hope for this game now.

Sledgehammer as a studio did the first Dead Space, so yeah.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Shnakepup posted:

He isn't bad, it's that he's Grizzled White Male voice actor du jour, and his casting almost always signifies a complete lack of characterization in the game.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Shnakepup posted:

Sledgehammer as a studio did the first Dead Space, so yeah.

The first Dead Space was pretty great so I'm not sure if you're trying to be negative here or not.

Shnakepup
Oct 16, 2004

Paraphrasing moments of genius

Fibby Boy posted:

The first Dead Space was pretty great so I'm not sure if you're trying to be negative here or not.

Yeah that's what I meant, sorry.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

DStecks posted:

He isn't bad, it's that he's Grizzled White Male voice actor du jour, and his casting almost always signifies a complete lack of characterization in the game.

I can't tell if you're seriously talking about characterization in a CoD thread.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Blue Raider posted:

I can't tell if you're seriously talking about characterization in a CoD thread.

Kinda hard to top good characters after Mason and Reznov.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

Sorry I'm being a bit opaque, apparently the cast of AW was leaked to IMDB and Troy Baker is the player character.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9l6OoMYSI8s

:downs:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Is this actually worth watching because I'm like 10 seconds in and I already wanna punch him

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Freaquency posted:

Is this actually worth watching because I'm like 10 seconds in and I already wanna punch him

Nope. I really hate the advent of the obnoxious spergy shitlord youtube videos.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Does anyone still have the Blops 2 parody trailer? That's how you do a proper sendup.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Freaquency posted:

Does anyone still have the Blops 2 parody trailer? That's how you do a proper sendup.

which one? there are several good ones.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Freaquency posted:

This one?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

that's my favorite one.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the OP good work OP :)

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

aw shucks :unsmith:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Haha, yeah, that's the one.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
This is still my favorite COD youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2wyWPBRfxY

versus
Sep 11, 2001

:iw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbueVCJuqhA

LaserBaconMan
Jan 13, 2014

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

enjoy phoned-in voice acting by B-list celebrities that you don't immediately place until months later when you're idly browsing IMDB (did you guys know Idris Elba was in MW3?)

Jason Statham was in the original game. They've been doing this all along and we didn't even know it

Justin Godscock posted:

Mark my words: we will see lasers, forcefields and robots in a Call of Duty game before 2020. Near-future warfare has come and replaced the now stagnant modern warfare FPS genre and it's only going to get more and more absurd and over-the-top as the years go by much like how modern warfare got more dumb.

I can't wait. Call of Duty losing its loving mind is what made this series so much more bearable for me.

By 2025 it will literally be Halo. We will reach a generic corridor shooter singularity.

He isn't exactly new to series mind you. He also composed the soundtrack for the original Modern Warfare, along with Stephen Barton. And it was a really fuckin' good soundtrack.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
Video interview with Sledgehammer's audio director. Also included are some weapon sounds from the game. I have to admit the shotgun sounds great.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/05/21/the-secrets-behind-call-of-duty-advanced-warfare-39-s-audio.aspx

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

COD hasn't had good audio since MW2, so I'm glad they're really looking into that part of the game. Hopefully I reliably sound-whore again.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

I agree, it has been downhill since Black Ops 1.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Here's some stuff about a couple weapons. Note the 3D printing rifle. It makes bullets the whole time you use it. It's almost like having permanent scavenger.

http://www.charlieintel.com/2014/05/23/the-future-tech-of-advanced-warfare-new-images/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.
I imagine that has to be quite hard to implement in terms of overall game balance. You can run scavenger or use a gun that has it already equipped.

• Locked thread