Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I have only played the second game, once through solo and a second time Co-Op with my Brother. It's the first two levels and all so basically a cakewalk it seems, but if you are trying to show of "5 Star everything", it will carry a bit more weight if like you said in your own OP, didn't use that drat Alchemist Satchel DLC item.

Not against showing off cool toys to kill things, I can't believe the floor scorchers were a DLC item in the first game for example and I can't think of Orcs Must Die without them now. But so far you have made it sound like your 5 Star run in the first game hinges on your ability to use the Satchels. Obviously not the case for just the first two levels where it would only make things more interesting considering the small amount of starting equipment. But if the first game ramps up anything like the second one, could get old without making your alternate takes Less Satchels, instead of showing off clearing the level without a single trap thanks to them.

EDIT: Good to see I'm not the only one who had the same thought process regarding the Crossbow headshots vs bladestaff, if in the second game.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 12:54 on May 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Yeesh, I thought Crossbow guys were mildly annoying in the sequel. The damage and range on them in the first game makes them look like pro snipers by comparison. As for pulling off your own headshot chains, is there an upgrade in the first game to make headshots give you mana like in the second? Because a lot of tougher sequel enemies I dealt with or softened up using liberal Stun-Headshots refiill mana-stun loops.

My personal most hated enemy type has not shown up yet. I will be making rude gestures at the screen when they do.

EDIT: Though a quick peek at some wikis, while the base variety shows up soon, the version of them I hate most will not show up until quite a while down the line, outside of Nightmare.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 7, 2014

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Fuckin Kobolds. They are why my childish attempts at "COVER THE ENTIRE FLOOR WITH SPIKE TRAPS! It will be awesome and they are low cost :downs:" were abandoned in the sequel. They run so fast they just trigger stuff and get out before it can even hurt them. So a few cheap traps down the line to catch people who get by don't work on them in a lot of cases.

Which lead to my addiction to "Floor scorcher, tarpit, floor scorcher, repeat as desired", when it came to floor traps in general, and unsupervised safeguarding of wooden barricade blocked branch paths :v: Budget issues in levels of course, meant this was not always as practical or doable as desired. But then my desire is "cover entire floor with tarpits and floor scorchers".

• Locked thread