Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Are you accepting submissions for alternate solutions - something to prove that the bladestaff is absolutely awesome and the like?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Anyways, what's the joke about "Gaurdian"?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

ViggyNash posted:

Honestly, I just can't wait for you to get to the second game since it's co-op and I do have that game.

I'm calling dibs :)

Never got to play the sequel in co-op, since I got it at a sale quite a while after it came out. (But still long enough ago that I'd need some perfectly natural exposition as to how the game works)

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Isn't this a MOBA? Only in third person and actiony?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Oh. I thought tower defense games were MOBAS.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Steam traps are instrumental in orc perpetuum mobiless, but you'll only constract those once in a while when you're bored.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Just got to Chapter 6, when is this game going to stop yanking me around? Should i just say screw you Airy and see what happens?
You absolutely should.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Gnolls are easy to deal with if you see them coming. Any kinda of elemental attack knocks them out. If you're concentrating on something else though...

Archers make great Gnolls bait. Drops a row of tar right in front of them, trap the area.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

There are like 3 things I wanted to see in the workshop for OMD2, and apparently not a single one of them is possible:

1. More OMD1 levels in classic mode.

2. More regular levels in endless mode.

3. A way to hold down the mouse button to auto-attack.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

D_W posted:

In 2? There are infinite skulls as you get skulls from completing a level every time you complete it. Endless mode is the best way to get skulls though.
You can get 15 skills in 4 minutes if you go through the first level on Nightmare using only traps / only spells (I recommend the Wind Belt), without getting damaged. Endless mode is woefully inefficient by comparison.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

The one big problem with the second game is that the music is absolutely the same. Gets kinda repetitive. Particularly if you're doing all the nightmare and endless levels.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

D_W posted:

So I have some bad news that'll effect this LP. Yesterday my computer's monitor broke (it's probably the inverter chip or something. I don't know.) I don't have the money to buy a new one yet and am using my old rear end TV as a replacement for the moment. The game looks pretty awful on the TV (it's like 720p 16 inch screen compared to my 1080p 24 inch monitor.) I don't really want to record using my TV. I think the video quality would really suffer.
What are you using to record? Because I think most programs show the game output rather than exactly what's shown on your monitor.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

I brute forced this level on 2's classic mode with archers -> scorchers -> tar around the rift approach. The first 2-3 waves are murderous, but then things get incredibly easy. I'm never comfortable with killboxes that you actually have to run between.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Chewbot posted:

Just kidding, but I always think it's interesting that fantasy worlds with high-powered wizards wouldn't immediately become blasted hellscapes. I mean, c'mon, who could resist abusing all that power?
Are you talking about Pratchett's hamfisted analogy? Because our world isn't a blasted hellscape. Hell, Chernobyl isn't a blasted hellscape.

We have the ability to blow up the world a hundred times over (and we negotiated that down from a thousand times over a few decades ago). It's still here.

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Sep 3, 2014

• Locked thread