Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
It's kind of amusing that you don't think the points count, because the points are your gauge, not just for completing the level, but how stylishly you do it. And you're actually missing a few tricks as a result of this thinking.

For example, yes, tar traps aren't necessary. But they're a great way to get orcs to bunch together, which makes the arrow traps lots of other traps so much more effective. Also, there's the little thing called Combo. Combo is a bit weird, because it calculates how many different effects are hitting the orc at roughly the same time (so Freezed+Burned doesn't give combo, but Bleeding+Burned does, and, as you might expect, Bleeding+Burned+HEADSHAWT is better than both). It's a fairly small window, though, so you really have to plan. Remember, while the Orcs Must Die, it's coolest if you kill them in a way that leaves no doubt to the next group of Orcs that they're hosed.

I'll talk a bit about the bladestaff when it becomes important to do so though, but suffice to say, without the DLC, it's one of your only early game options.

JamieTheD fucked around with this message at 14:43 on May 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamieTheD
Nov 4, 2011

LPer, Reviewer, Mad Welshman

(Yes, that's a self portrait)
Yeah, I'd like some real tarpit love, not too worried about the level, because tarpits are drat useful. As to player names, the guy will obviously have to be Ash (Because c'mon, the reference is obvious, and becomes moreso with the second game!), and the lady will be... Oh, I dunno... How about Maleficent?

• Locked thread