Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
On the subject of ceiling traps I actually LOVE them in this game*most notably the swinging mace* to the point of contriving circumstances to shove people through them. Next game though....my poor mace got nerfed to uselessness. :cry: I still find a few uses for ceiling traps but yeah my go to solutions of the first game*alchemist satchel, axe wall, swinging mace, wall grinder* were all nerfed incredibly forcing me to change how I handled things a lot.....honestly probably a good thing. I look forward to seeing some new ways to crush massive numbers of orcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
That is.....not at all how I handled arena. I am sad how simple that was. :P I Over do everything though. That map I channeled my WC3 tower defense for this level and turned one side into a maze of death that forced them next to every wall then looped BACK around and force them back out near where they entered. Kept wishing I had more cash because this was one of the few levels that let me play it this way. I can also say in general I didn't use guardians TOOO often in these games though far more in the first then the second(as a example I never went up top on the arena level or really realized I COULD).

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
I don't believe I said it before and I recently got back into playing OMD2 I'll throw myself in as a happy to do co-op when you get there.
Steam name: Chaeden
Skype Name: Chaeden
And if you need help finding either send me a private message because I just went to look up both of those and they are more common then I expected.*enough so that I just changed my Steam name to match this name from another one because there were 580 results when I looked up that name and only 1 other when I looked up this one.*

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
Yeah....this stage is a pain in the rear for me. My strategy was to build up a metric ton of traps and tiny maze on one side and hold the other side myself until I had the cash to actually build up defenses on the other side. I had some close calls that way when something would slip through but if you can get one side self sufficient for at least a little bit its nice. I also didn't trust my swinging maces because they kept throwing off my other traps in this level flinging people either across the gap or over walls or more. But as I've said before basically all my strategies heavily rely on walls and maze patterns into traps like grinders and wallblades.

• Locked thread