Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Duke of Ben
Jul 12, 2005
Listen, if you're not going to tell me how the entire world economic, political, and social order can be completely replaced in every detail, then I think maybe you should consider that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Check and mate.

jabby posted:

An old one from Robocop. When his partner is helping fix his aim after he gets damaged, it cuts to a shot from his perspective showing a green targeting cross a few inches to the right of the babyfood he's trying to hit, which moves over as she adjusts his aim.

Surely if his aim is screwed up then he should think he is on-target but miss? If he knows the bullet is going to go off to the right where the green cross is, what exactly is wrong with his aim?

I thought that was actually a really cool detail. His automatic targeting is putting his aim off, so he has to adjust manually and re-calibrate. I don't know if people have to do this anymore, but if you've ever had to calibrate a touch-screen, it makes a lot of sense to see what he does there. To human vision, it's very easy to fix, but his computer aiming runs independently and is screwed up. When working properly, his computer aiming is far better, as he demonstrates at various times in the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU