Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Saw this on the way to work

e- and I just notice it has taxi plates

Snowy has a new favorite as of 00:23 on May 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Someone took tipping litterally.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Meatwave posted:

They go to a school where burgundy hoodies are part of the uniform?

It's not uncommon for public high schools in Australia to have hoodies as part of the uniform. So if one of their school colours is burgundy, it's possible. That said, schools that have hoodies usually don't require slacks.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Even at Wal-Mart prices, child has to go for more per pound then most people can afford.

Thanks Obama.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

VendaGoat posted:

Even at Wal-Mart prices, child has to go for more per pound then most people can afford.

Thanks Obama.

Little pervert found a decent way to look upskirt.

milkfat
May 6, 2003
Moo.

cowboythreespeech
Dec 28, 2008

:patriot:

EXTREME BAKA
Mar 13, 2012

stratdax posted:

Khakis and hoodies are the height of fashion in Australia? Sounds about right.

Can anyone tell me why kangaroos are so ripped? I've been searching variations of "why are kanagroos so ripped?" and all it returns are hits on body building forums going "holy poo poo that kangaroo is jacked". My whole life I've never heard anything about kangaroos being ripped as hell but every picture I see of one lately the loving thing looks like its on steroids.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

EXTREME BAKA posted:

Can anyone tell me why kangaroos are so ripped? I've been searching variations of "why are kanagroos so ripped?" and all it returns are hits on body building forums going "holy poo poo that kangaroo is jacked". My whole life I've never heard anything about kangaroos being ripped as hell but every picture I see of one lately the loving thing looks like its on steroids.

Recent epidemic of Kangaroo steroid abuse. Tragic.

EXTREME BAKA
Mar 13, 2012

RFC2324 posted:

Recent epidemic of Kangaroo steroid abuse. Tragic.

I'm really serious.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Istari posted:

It's not uncommon for public high schools in Australia to have hoodies as part of the uniform. So if one of their school colours is burgundy, it's possible. That said, schools that have hoodies usually don't require slacks.

It's a university campus, so I'm afraid they're out of high school. This is merely how things work in Canberra, I'm afraid. It's such a small town we have regular meetings to decide how to dress every day of the week.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

EXTREME BAKA posted:

I'm really serious.

I'm looking at some kangas as I post this and they are not ripped. I think the one in the above picture is a big red or something like that, they are pretty massive. Most kangas are smaller than a man.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

EXTREME BAKA posted:

We're pretty much the only mammals that aren't ripped. Predatory animals like cats, wolves and bears have a lot of muscle. Prey animals are either agile or fast, so they need muscles too. As for close relatives? Check out this guy:

This is a chimpanzee that is so old and infirm that that its hair has fallen out. The senior citizen of chimpanzees.

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.
I met an Australian dude who looked like a 70-year old wizard and said he had a PhD in marsupial endocrinology. So, unless someone intelligent comes in, you're going to have to listen to my dumb anecdote.

He said that kangaroos are maximally adapted for survival in their climate, and literally ride the very edge of their metabolism where they retain maximal muscle mass and keep very little fat. He had all sorts of interesting things to say about their adaptation to temperatures and what it might mean for us as humans. Told me that if you really wanted to put your body in maximum energy-consumption mode, you'd get yourself cold just to the point before you're shivering, and then you burn maximal calories trying to maintain body temperature.

Who knows if it's true, but FFS, this is PYF Funny Pictures, not Marsupial Endocrinology 101.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

EXTREME BAKA posted:

I'm really serious.
Jump everywhere for 5 years in a desert and you'll be ripped too.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
Kangaroo meat is supposed to be lean as gently caress and delicious.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

BBJoey posted:

It's a university campus, so I'm afraid they're out of high school. This is merely how things work in Canberra, I'm afraid. It's such a small town we have regular meetings to decide how to dress every day of the week.

Sup Canberra buddy.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

karl fungus posted:

Difficult to cook though. Overcook it even a little and it's like leather.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

BBJoey posted:

Oh, I wasn't suggesting that these particular men were wearing a high school uniform; I assumed they were just 3 equally fashionable guys. I was just letting the poster before me know that burgundy school uniform hoodies weren't such a wild idea.

karl fungus posted:

Very lean. It's actually not that delicious, though. A lot like beef, only slightly gamey. That said, a cafe near me does an amazing Thai-style warm salad with couscous and kangaroo, and it is spectacular !

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Istari posted:

Very lean. It's actually not that delicious, though. A lot like beef, only slightly gamey. That said, a cafe near me does an amazing Thai-style warm salad with couscous and kangaroo, and it is spectacular !

Roast kanga is pretty great. It also goes great in a souvlaki or steak sanga.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Crocodile and emu are much nicer.

:getin:

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Istari posted:

It's actually not that delicious, though. A lot like beef, only slightly gamey.

This. Had kangaroo steak in a very nice restaurant a while back, and while the consistency was perfect, it had that "hmm I've had this flavor before when I was forced to kill and eat a rabbit in a shithole backwoods military camping school" tinge to it. I'll stick to beef.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Kangaroo goes really well in a curry or stew I find, it soaks up flavour really well. Kind of like goat in that respect.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Yeah, I like kangaroo in a curry by far over having it in a steak or sausage. I still prefer venison though, but that's very expensive here.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

How about funny pics of roo stew?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Funny pics of anything would be welcome.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

EXTREME BAKA posted:

Since no one has answered yet - it's all about the mating :australia:

It makes more sense when you see two males fighting, they tend to their upper arms to wrestle and use choke holds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_P8-FoiaBA&t=255s

here's a short article on it:

http://science.time.com/2013/07/30/sexy-kangaroos-you-read-that-right-its-all-about-the-biceps/

Zombies magazine
Oct 17, 2005

Firmly grasp the :kazooieass:

MoreLikeTen posted:

We're pretty much the only mammals that aren't ripped.

Other mammals haven't figured out how to waste their lives away in front of a computer/television screen. Give them time, man!

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

MoreLikeTen posted:

We're pretty much the only mammals that aren't ripped. Predatory animals like cats, wolves and bears have a lot of muscle. Prey animals are either agile or fast, so they need muscles too. As for close relatives? Check out this guy:

This is a chimpanzee that is so old and infirm that that its hair has fallen out. The senior citizen of chimpanzees.

I'm reminded of Snowflake the albino gorilla that lived for 39 years at the Barcelona Zoo, and how much of a difference the hair makes in how apes look. I'd be interested in seeing like a blog or something collecting animals that have had their fur removed. Like our buddy up there, or then when the Spectacled Bears at the Berlin Zoo had mange and lost theirs, and went from adorable teddies to servants of Gozer:

Hummingbirds
Feb 17, 2011

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

That is horrifying. :stare:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

That is hilarious.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

karl fungus posted:

That is horrifying. :stare:

He probably just wanted to know if the kid even lifted.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

:stare: Roo is motherfucking jacked, I need one of these to take around town punching tourists out of the way when they stop on the sidewalk.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

MoreLikeTen posted:

We're pretty much the only mammals that aren't ripped.

What are you even talking about. Human persons are the most ripped of all mammal persons

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

I found this browsing the list of extinct species a couple months ago.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde
More of that buff kangaroo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65cWenZ1n5I

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

What are you even talking about. Human persons are the most ripped of all mammal persons

This makes me really curious to know what animal body image issues are like, and what sorts of surgical enhancements animals would get if they could.

• Locked thread