Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

Gerund posted:

hey OP could I get a standings update before I do a last-minute mass-vote for the deserving douches?

I'll do one between shifts tomorrow afternoon, at which point I will give everyone 5 free votes to use however they want, there will be some time for Millitree to make the bracket, and then the tourney will begin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ben Has Tiny Weenus posted:

This is the plan.

Hell, to be honest, it's hard not to to just say gently caress it and take all 8 of them. Every single one is a legendary douche that will one day end up in the douchebag hall of fame even if they don't make it this year. Also, gently caress BOBBY PETRINO SERIOUSLY gently caress BOBBY PETRINO

Also, I'm gonna +1 AJ McCarron

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
If you need any more reason to vote for Goodell,

quote:

@AlbertBreer
A number of teams have decided to forgo having a rookie minicamp this year b/c of the shorter window before camp. Casualty of a later draft.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
+1 Chris Culliver

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Coldforge posted:

If you need any more reason to vote for Goodell,

And yet by some god drat weird rear end miracle Goodell has evaded the Douche HoF for two years and may still do it again this year just due to the strength of the contenders.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Goodell is a hollow shell of a human being, not an actual person. Electing him to the HoF would be like electing the Madden AI.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

I want to add two people and maybe get some last minute consideration:

As a wildcard I want to add Charles Chavarria who is the douche coach on Friday Night Tykes. He was encouraging his football team of 8 year olds to give the other team of 8 year olds, concussions. He got suspended from said league thank god. But was all around just an awful human being thinking he was coaching 18 year olds.

Also, I want to add Anyone in the media who sided against Northwestern students unionizing because they are just the worst people.

Finally, adding votes for Richie Ingocnito, Roger Goddell, Arian Foster, and the NCAA.

Also, we should have a douchiest moment bracket. Like the firestorm over Richard Sherman being a thug.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mooseontheloose posted:

Anyone in the media who sided against Northwestern students unionizing

I almost think this falls right in with NCAA but at the same time I have to +1 it because gently caress everyone.

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

Mooseontheloose posted:

I want to add two people and maybe get some last minute consideration:

As a wildcard I want to add Charles Chavarria who is the douche coach on Friday Night Tykes. He was encouraging his football team of 8 year olds to give the other team of 8 year olds, concussions. He got suspended from said league thank god. But was all around just an awful human being thinking he was coaching 18 year olds.

Gonna hope this gets a late charge into the ballot.

Charles Chavarria for damaging children's brain cells to turn the into 'men'.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mooseontheloose posted:

Okaaaaaaaay I didn't know about this rear end in a top hat but yeah +1 Charles Chavarria

Taye Diggs
Aug 12, 2013

Holla at yo boy
+1 for Ron Jaworski because I hate that fat moron and his fat face

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

RE: Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend upon finding out he'd been drafted

Case McCoy @CaseMcCoy6
ESPN... You serious right now?
7:06 PM - 10 May 2014

gently caress Case McCoy

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009
seconding Charles Chavarria, Darren Rovell, NCAA, Northwestern University, Nolan Nawrocki, and Bret Bielema.

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
I'd like to nominate Mel Kiper for giving the Jaguars an A grade for their draft.

The team that drafted Bortles #3...

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx

DJExile posted:

gently caress Case McCoy

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

DJExile posted:

RE: Michael Sam kissing his boyfriend upon finding out he'd been drafted

Case McCoy @CaseMcCoy6
ESPN... You serious right now?
7:06 PM - 10 May 2014

gently caress Case McCoy

Thirding this. gently caress anyone who had a problem with ESPN showing it.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

I'd like to nominate Mel Kiper for giving the Jaguars an A grade for their draft.

The team that drafted Bortles #3...

Oh god yes, Mel Kiper most definitely has to go in. That dude's ugly mug and dumb hair and awful opinions are of a douchtastic level.

Honorable, extra +1's go to: Charles Chavarria (I'd forgotten about this guy) and The NCAA

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

I'd like to nominate Mel Kiper

+1

I mean just look at this lunatic

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

I will nominate Ole Miss for the Wildcard division. The number of things they have done in the last year is staggering/ This includes:

Tuesday, March 11th- Denzel Nkemdiche caught on video poo poo talking at the beach. "If I wasn't Denzel, I'd beat da gently caress out of you"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXS7gQSdxSY

Tuesday, Feb 18th- Nkemdiche Bros sued for beating the poo poo out of a guy and knocking out his girlfriend in the process.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24447940/report-nkemdiche-brothers-sued-for-2-million-over-alleged-fight

Monday, Feb 17th- someone on Ole Miss campus puts Hangman's noose on statue of James Meredith during Black History Month

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb/21/nation/la-na-nn-ole-miss-suspects-noose-james-meredith-20140221

Saturday, Feb 15th- Prostitution Ring uncovered and arrests made in Oxford. Many pictures of known prostitutes with prospects surface.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/02/19/making-sense-mess-ole-miss/

January 29- USA Today, CBS Sports and other outlets report that Bobby Hill was charged with sexual battery. The incident reportedly occurred at an apartment shared by multiple football players and took place during their annual recruiting blowout.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24423924/ole-miss-cb-bobby-hill-charged-with-sexual-battery

December 20, 2013- DL Coach and brother of Lane Kiffin, Chris Kiffin goes on absurd twitter rant about MSU, including laughing with a preacher about a picture of Tyler Russell while he is injured on the ground

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/12/21/ole-miss-assistant-coach-goes-twitter-rampage-msu/

October 15th, 2013- embarrassing youtube video goes viral of Ole Miss "debutante" in the Grove before the Ole Miss-A&M game

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/ole-miss-coed-wins-at-lifeagain-101513

October 13, 2013- Hugh Freeze gets into verbal altercation with a UM fan after a loss

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ole-miss-coach-hugh-freeze-gets-verbal-altercation-204338612--ncaaf.html

Oct 2nd, 2013- OM players shout gay slurs and disrupt, "The Laramie Project," which is the play about the Mathew Shepard story.

http://deadspin.com/ole-miss-football-players-shout-fag-at-actor-in-gay-a-1440640169

April 24, 2013- By a 12-1 vote, the UM Student Senate rejects resolution calling for banning the playing of Dixie (Southern Civil War song) at athletic events. 

February 22, 2013- Kyle Veazey reports that Ole Miss compliance received 85 reports after Freeze's tweet. Ole Miss compliance replies to a FOIA request by Veazey with 54 redacted emails, while refusing to hand over 31 of them. 

February 1, 2013- Hugh Freeze tweets that anyone with evidence of cheating should email to Ole Miss Compliance. 

cowbelle
Apr 24, 2014

I will nominate Ole Miss for the Wildcard division. The number of things they have done in the last year is staggering/ This includes:

Tuesday, March 11th- Denzel Nkemdiche caught on video poo poo talking at the beach. "If I wasn't Denzel, I'd beat da gently caress out of you"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXS7gQSdxSY

Tuesday, Feb 18th- Nkemdiche Bros sued for beating the poo poo out of a guy and knocking out his girlfriend in the process.
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24447940/report-nkemdiche-brothers-sued-for-2-million-over-alleged-fight

Monday, Feb 17th- someone on Ole Miss campus puts Hangman's noose on statue of James Meredith during Black History Month

http://articles.latimes.com/2014/feb/21/nation/la-na-nn-ole-miss-suspects-noose-james-meredith-20140221

Saturday, Feb 15th- Prostitution Ring uncovered and arrests made in Oxford. Many pictures of known prostitutes with prospects surface.

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2014/02/19/making-sense-mess-ole-miss/

January 29- USA Today, CBS Sports and other outlets report that Bobby Hill was charged with sexual battery. The incident reportedly occurred at an apartment shared by multiple football players and took place during their annual recruiting blowout.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24423924/ole-miss-cb-bobby-hill-charged-with-sexual-battery

December 20, 2013- DL Coach and brother of Lane Kiffin, Chris Kiffin goes on absurd twitter rant about MSU, including laughing with a preacher about a picture of Tyler Russell while he is injured on the ground

http://maroonandwhitenation.com/2013/12/21/ole-miss-assistant-coach-goes-twitter-rampage-msu/

October 15th, 2013- embarrassing youtube video goes viral of Ole Miss "debutante" in the Grove before the Ole Miss-A&M game

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/ole-miss-coed-wins-at-lifeagain-101513

October 13, 2013- Hugh Freeze gets into verbal altercation with a UM fan after a loss

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/ole-miss-coach-hugh-freeze-gets-verbal-altercation-204338612--ncaaf.html

Oct 2nd, 2013- OM players shout gay slurs and disrupt, "The Laramie Project," which is the play about the Mathew Shepard story.

http://deadspin.com/ole-miss-football-players-shout-fag-at-actor-in-gay-a-1440640169

April 24, 2013- By a 12-1 vote, the UM Student Senate rejects resolution calling for banning the playing of Dixie (Southern Civil War song) at athletic events. 

February 22, 2013- Kyle Veazey reports that Ole Miss compliance received 85 reports after Freeze's tweet. Ole Miss compliance replies to a FOIA request by Veazey with 54 redacted emails, while refusing to hand over 31 of them. 

February 1, 2013- Hugh Freeze tweets that anyone with evidence of cheating should email to Ole Miss Compliance. 

+1 to Ole Miss

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

:siren: Final update before nominations close! Nomination Lightning round, see bottom of post for info! :siren:

Standings

Players

Richie Incognito: 15
Ray Rice: 10
Jameis Winston: 8
Taylor Lewan: 6
Russell Wilson: 6
AJ McCarron: 5
Arian Foster: 5
Colin Kaepernick: 4

Administrators

Greg Schiano: 16
Bret Bielma: 13
Jeff Fisher: 5
Jimmy Haslam: 5
Mike Tomlin: 4
Mike Shanahan: 3
Tom Benson: 3
Jeff Ireland: 2

Media

Darren Rovell: 16
Rick Reilly: 11
Nolan Nawrocki: 8
Colin Cowherd: 5
Phil Mushnick: 3
Mel Kiper: 3
Pete Prisco: 2
Merril Hoge: 2

Wildcard

12th Man: 9
Charles Chavarria: 6
Tallahassee PD: 3
Northwestern: 3
Entire Alabama Fanbase: 2
Ole Miss: 2
Anyone in the media who sided with Northwestern: 2
An Anonymous Scout: 1

Outside Looking In

Aldon Smith: 3
Chris Culliver: 3
Case McCoy: 3
Joe Buck: 2
Nick Saban: 2
Golden Tate: 2
Rob Gronkowski: 2
D.J. Swearinger: 2
Justin Blackmon: 2
Ron Jaworski: 2
Dorial Green-Beckham: 2
The NFC East: 1
2013 Ravens Offensive Line: 1
Some rear end in a top hat Lions Player: 1
Jamele Hill: 1
Tyler Bray: 1
Brian Schottenheimer: 1
Derrick Coleman: 1
James Harrison: 1
Peyton Manning: 1
Mike Williams: 1
Joe Banner: 1
Philadelphia Eagles Front Office: 1
Rick Spielman: 1
Ashton Meem: 1
Richard Sherman: 1
Drew Rosenhaus: 1
49ers guy who sued: 1
John Dorsey: 1

Lifetime Noms

Roger Goodell
Skip Bayless
Bobby Petrino
Mark Emmert
NCAA
Lane Kiffin
John Elway
Matt Millen

Lightning Round Rules!

Everyone gets 5 votes to do whatever they want with. You can spend all five on one douche, or spread it among multiple douches, even ones you have already voted for! Get to it! You have about 24 hours to go hog wild!

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

All five of my votes to Ole Miss

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
+5 to Notre Dame because gently caress Notre Dame

is that allowed

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Hmmm, I'll give two votes for Aldon Smith and three votes for DGB.

Go Mizzou :smith:

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

Homestar Runner posted:

+5 to Notre Dame because gently caress Notre Dame

is that allowed

Sure, but please give me a short write up about what they did this year that was so bad. They were champs last year, but I can't think of a single thing they did this year. The champ is no longer in top shape.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
1 for Incognito
2 for Nolan Knawrocki
2 for Cowherd

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Oops

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

gently caress Ole Miss forever and ever +5

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

+5 to Rovell because he would actually take it personally

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007

old dog child posted:

+5 to Rovell because he would actually take it personally

When the tournament begins, someone needs to anonymously tweet the existence of the tournament to him.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
+5 for Derrick Coleman

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
How exactly are we voting on lifetime noms / what are we doing with them down there?

That being said, for lightening round purposes:

+1 to Richie Incognito cause I hated his stupid, fat face on the Rams. I hated his stupid, fat face on the Bills. And he completely went and out douched himself with his stupid, fat face on the Fins. He is hands down, legitimately the "Douchebag of the Year"

+1 to Colin Cowherd because I can't vote for Skip Bayliss and neither can I just give all of my votes to "Sports Media in General."

+3 to Colin Kaepernick because the dude straight up irritates me and "Kaepernick'ing" makes me want to punch him right in his stupid sideways cap. Dochebro all the way.
(also because I'm peeeeeeeeeeeeeeettaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay):kiddo:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Duke Chin posted:

(also because I'm peeeeeeeeeeeeeeettaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay):kiddo:

Boo.

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Sure, but please give me a short write up about what they did this year that was so bad. They were champs last year, but I can't think of a single thing they did this year. The champ is no longer in top shape.

^ Well, on this point, Notre Dame is essentially like Duke basketball except they don't win. Last 13 bowls games they are 2-11, with a combined score of 264-414 :laugh:

*Every knows and hates Notre Dame's annoying intellectual superiority complex. The September 1 game against Temple they were selling souvenir cups to their fans - and lol they can't even spell their stupid rear end nickname.
"FIG THING"

*The continued employment of Lou Holtz in a role that requires him to speak is still Notre Dame's fault

*Their douchebag fans are EVERYWHERE

...and their terrible apparel doubles as St Patrick's Day attire ffs

*Seriously, you can forget about trying to escape Notre Dame fans parading their douchebag merchandise...

"IMG" posted:

Retail items bearing the Notre Dame logo or leprechaun mascot are also a hit in the $4.6 billion market for licensed college merchandise. From July 1, 2012, through June 30, 2013, the Catholic school grew into the third-biggest seller, behind Texas and Alabama but ahead of No. 4 Michigan, according to IMG College's Collegiate Licensing Co.

*Notre Dame was no joke the most popular college football team in 2013. I declare this heresy of the highest order.

To make matters worse, their popularity is directly correlated to their ridiculous profit margins...

CNBC Sports posted:

The University of Notre Dame announced Monday that its endowment grew to $8.3 billion for the fiscal year ended June 30, 2013. That's up 11.8 percent from $7.4 billion the year before.

The football program still managed to generate $69 million of the athletic department's combined revenue of $97 million from July 1, 2011, to June 30, 2012.

With expenses of $26 million, football turned a profit of $43 million.

And because they are snobby greedy fucks...

CNBC Sports posted:

With an average price of $230, Notre Dame tickets are up 26 percent from $183 last season and 45 percent from a $158 average in 2011.
:argh: +5 Notre Dame please!

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.
+5 to Richie Incognito, who will have to serve double duty as a representative of the hosed up Dolphins (Pouncey, Don Jones).

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
The Heisman Trophy Selection Committee for not giving a drat about rape allegations
Jameis Winston for giving me any reason to hesitate for rooting against Auburn
LSU Fans for being entitled little shits calling for Les Miles's job when he's the reason they sent more to the draft than anyone else this year, and keeping them relevant in the hardest division of the hardest conference.
The Tennessee Volunteers and Georgia's S&C Coaches for destroying the ACL's of half the football players East of the Mississippi

And finally, Penn State Head Coach James Franklin for a being the perfect coach for Penn State

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
1 for the NCAA
1 for Darren Rovell
1 for Mike Tomlin
1 for Greg Schiano
1 for Ray Rice

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

LSU Fans for being entitled little shits calling for Les Miles's job when he's the reason they sent more to the draft than anyone else this year, and keeping them relevant in the hardest division of the hardest conference.

On this basis I wish I'd nominated Georgia Fans for the last decade.

GenHavoc
Jul 19, 2006

Vive L'Empreur!
Vive La Surcouf!
2 votes for the 12th loving Man, because nobody else in the NFL has fans, amirite?

1 vote for the douchebag who threw poo poo at Navarro Bowman gently caress that guy.

1 vote for Ray Lewis for being a murdering, sanctimonious prick.

1 vote for The NCAA for being a corrupt, evil, slave-labor-employing organization dedicated to human misery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Hines Ward Continues to exist in the face of overwhelming demand that he stop. +5

• Locked thread